Official GC136 Discussions/Transfers/Reports Thread

Guest drseanfitz

Re: Official GC136 Discussions/Transfers/Reports Thread

took over Torquay, planing to seel most of the players come monday, and buy in a new squad, should have looked better as I didn't realise, like a few other teams in my division, I only have 3 players valued over 10k

hoping to have my first 2 signings arrive from Brazil later today.

Unlike Sean I have gone down the 10k risers route for now and brought in the following:

Exauce Mayombo

Diego Galeano

Tomasz Kupisz

Alistair Crawford

Samuel Huber

Prince Ofori

Tomasz Baliga

Manfred Gollner

Bozidar Rasodevic

Jan Tommernes

Oumar Pouye

Asiz Behich

Jonas Strifler

Alessandro Marchi

Darren Mcgregor

A few more and my depth will be sorted and I can buy players over 70 with the rest of my budget.

Guest drseanfitz

Squad value at Torquay nearly trebled with the new arrivals.

Free Agent Overath BREITNER has completed his move to Torquay United for £475,000
Jean-Yves MVOTO has completed his move to Torquay United from Sunderland for £325,000
Mihail ALEKSANDROV has completed his move to Torquay United from Borussia Dortmund for £200,000

Michel GARCIA has completed his move to Torquay United from Club América for £250,000

just gotta sort some loans now - Elliot?:D

• 1 year later...

Celtic Update

I took charge of Celtic on December 12th, 2011. The league campaign has gone very well under my management so far. We are unbeaten in my first 17 matches. The highlight was a 6-0 demolition job over Rangers at Ibrox on December 17th. We currently sit top of Scottish Division 1 on 44 points with 18 games played. Hearts are 16 points behind in 2nd place. As for Rangers, they are having a very poor season so far by their standards. They are 21 points behind us in 6th place.

We have made 3 major additions to the first team squad:

• Ludovic Sane from Bordeaux for £11.7M
  • Paul Baysse from Stade Brestois for £8.2M
  • Enzo Perez from Godoy Cruz for £16.9M

I'm happy with the purchases of Sane and Baysse as they should be decent players for us in the long term. The price we paid for Enzo Perez was stupid but at the time we were desperate and he was the only 88+ midfielder available at the time. We were relying on 75 rated Leandro Paredes to cover injuries and fitness issues in midfield.

Patrick Bamford was also added to the Celtic Youth Academy.

Recent League Results:

11th Feb - Celtic 2-0 St. Johnstone

We left it late to secure the 3 points but it was a comfortable victory for us in the end. Central defender Ricardo Costa opened the scoring on the 75th minute after he volleyed his shot into the back of the net. Enzo Perez finished the game off after seizing on an error by the St. Johnstone defence, rounding the keeper and scoring with ease.

15 Feb - Dundee United 0-1 Celtic

We produced another solid performance in this game. A little disappointed that we weren’t able to increase our goal difference but we accomplished the most important job by coming away from the game with all 3 points. Cameroon International midfielder Jean Makoun was the hero of the game. He scored the decisive goal on the 47th minute after a mix up in midfield allowed him to power through and ping a low shot past the advancing Dundee United keeper Dusan Pernis.

Poor SMFA Cup Performance

The SMFA Cup has been a complete disaster for us. We lost our first 4 games in a tough Group F against Manchester City, Bayer Leverkusen and Aston Villa. The only positive is that we did manage to win our 5th game beating Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 but we are long out of the competition. We’ll be looking to put in a good performance in our final group game against Aston Villa so we can hopefully leave the competition with our heads held high.

Scottish Shield Final Heartache

13 Feb - Rangers 1-1 Celtic (Rangers win 4-2 on penalties)

We controlled much of the game and I feel we were unlucky not to come out of this with the trophy. Alan Kasaev put us 1-0 up on the 47th minute after nodding the ball home from a corner. Just as we were thinking we had the victory in the bag Rangers scored an equaliser on the 82nd when Landry N’Guemo beat the offside trap. Rangers had Teteh Bangura sent off 3 minutes later for spitting but it didn’t help our cause in the end. On to the penalty kick lottery and we finish with heavy hearts and the runners up medal.

Upcoming Fixtures:

18 Feb- Inverness CT (H)

22 Feb – Ross County (A)

SMFA Champions Cup Group F:

20 Feb - Aston Villa (H)

• 3 months later...