Gold Championship 5 official match thread

leamingtonsteve

Re: Gold Championship 5 official match thread

---------------------------------New Man At Villarreal!

-----------------villarreal-cf.png

It was Announced that Nathan Williamson has taken over the club Villarreal,currently 6th in the "La Liga" Nathan hopes he can aim for top 3 spot".

s1.jpg

Forlan...ON WAY OUT?

It has been announced Forlan is on his way out of Villarreal for a sum of 95,000,000 plus Mauro ZARATE (which may get canceld)

Progress in the cup!

What seemed like another tough game ended in a comfortable win for Elfsborg as they beat Brondby 5 - 1, setting up a place in round 2 of the Scandinavian Shield.

3 goals in the first half for Elfsborg from Pavel Pogrebnyak, Gaston Fernandez and Adama Sarr made sure they went into the break with their heads up.

Elfsborg started the 2nd half brightly, plenty of shots but Brondby keeping them out.

Another had to come soon though, and just before the hour mark Fernandez grabbed his 2nd of the game.

Goalscorer Sarr then turned from hero to zero as he was sent off for a professional foul with just over 20 minutes remaining.

The home side rallied though, Cristian Bolanos making it 5 - 0 with a tap in the 82nd minute.

Brondby managed a consolation late on though, with Jacques Abardonado headering past the keeper.

Elfsborg will play Viborg FF in the Shield 2nd round.

Tonight sees Elfsborg travel to play Leamington Steve's FC Kobenhavn, and George knows that if they are to continue their unbeaten run, it will be very tough.

Luis Gaspar Beto has joined on loan from Leigh's Fiorentina for a few games with the suspension of Adama Sarr and Rafinha picking up a swollen eye :rolleyes: Thanks Leigh once again :)

Totti On His Way Out Of Rome!!??

Gazza Thomas has sensasionally Announced that he no longer wants franseco Totti at the club

Its Plain and simple.. i dont want him, he thinks he owns the club and he thinks his place in the squad is garranteed, which is totally the wrong attitude, the previous manager may off stood for it but i wont, i dont believe in superstars, i belive in teamwork, and totti doesnt like team work, the kind of offers i want for him are 2 players 92/93 rate in midfield and/or defence + No money, we currently have an offer from villareal of £45m + diego forlan but i want 2 players like i said

totti-per-caso.jpg

Not Wanted

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||138.gif 2 - 2 174.gif

Nathan's Villarreal manage to get a draw away against decent Athletic Bilbao

There was only 1 goal in the 1st half, which was the Home side as Peer Klunge scored a "trademark strike" inside the 30 Minute mark, Then after the half time whistle, Villarreal took the lead thanks to García Marocs then 5 minutes later Ex Arsenal star Pires got them away side on top, But with 11 minutes left, Athletic Bilbao's Phillipp Bonig got the homeside level and a point.

Nathan said "A point is better the 0 points, and away is good enough for me. it was a shame that they got a goal to level things up but the home fans got behind the sqaud and they replied"

Also he spoke about Totti rumours "Yes, it's true i want to bring an SUPERB player, he has bags of experience and is an exelent player i will do as much i can to get this star into the Villarreal sqaud"

normal_totti.jpgTotti, could have a shock move to Villarreal?

long_203_203x302.gif

Aston Villa 3 - 1 Birmingham

"To classy" Declares Johnson

Manager Adam Johnson saw his superb Villa team triumph over a lack luster Birmingham in a game that was very one sided. Johnson enjoyed wins over their fierce rivals last year and the trend continued this season in style. Villa had 55% possession and 18 shots, 10 more than there rivals.

Things started brightly for villa, Ashley Young missing a golden opportunity in the 1st minute, his miss was soon forgotten as John Carew crashed a header into the back of the net making it 1-0 two minutes into the game.

The rest of the this half was pretty quiet with Villa having a few chances but nothing clear cut, clearly carew got frustrated and released a 35 yard shot that whistled over the bar

The second half started and Villa unusually were caught napping and the sc*m made it 1-1. Villa came out the blocks all guns blazing from that moment and Suazo, Fernandez and Carew bombarded the Birmingham goal.

Villa regained the lead in the 71st minute when Suazo cleverely finished, simply outclassing everyone of City's players. 6 minutes later his fellow chilean international made it 3-1 when he thumped home a right foot shot. Villa continued to dominate and throughly deserved the win.

This see's last years league runners up in second position, so so close to Chelsea, who unlike last year are playing well and putting point on the board.

1 Chelsea 8 7 0 1 20 9 11 21

2 ASTON VILLA 8 6 2 0 20 12 8 20

3 Manchester United 8 6 0 2 23 14 9 18

4 lArsenal 8 5 1 2 28 17 11 16

5 Fulham 8 5 1 2 15 10 5 16

6 West Ham United 8 5 1 2 15 12 3 16

SS_Lazio.png

Lazio Dominating Serie A

With 8 Games Played Lazio Are Dominating Serie A By Winning All Theyre Games Scoring 22 Conceding Only 5 The Manager Andy Nile Was In A Interveiw Earlier ...

"Reporter" So Whats The Story Of Your Sucess So Far "

I Would Say The Effort Of The Players Has Been Immense Also Behind The Scenes Training And Managerial Work I Think The Tactics I Have Used Are The Main Reason As We Spread The Ball Well And Get The Ball Onto Freddie Kanoute's Head All In All We Have Had A Great Season So Far

TRANSFER NEWS

Lazio Have Completed The Signing Of Russian Forward Alexandre Kerzahkov For A Fee Of 28 Year Old German Midfeilder Peter Luccin Rated 90 And 10M Andy Nile Qouted "This Gives Us The Depth We Need To Go On And Completely Obliterate All Over Opponents . They Are Also In For Benni McCarthy They Are Buying Him For Jose Amelia The 90 Rated 25 Year Old Goalie This Transfer Would Mean Lazio Have 4-5 Strikers Over The Rating Of 91

NEXT FIXTURE

LAZIO VS PLACENZA

Prediction Lazio 3-0 Placenza

2 Out Of 2 For New Roma Boss

Gazza Thomas has made an 100% start to his life at roma, The first match was against Inter, This is how they went on:

1241.gif1-02_inter_milan_logo.jpg

It started all wrong for inter, after only 9 minutes Maicon got sent of for bringing drogba down,whilst being the last man, and roma used the extra man to thier advantage, just one minute later Drogba rounded the keeper and slotted 1 home to send the 35,000 away fans Wild,Inter nearly responded imidiatly when Kevin KURANYI header went inches wide. Roma had thier fair share of chances Having 24 shots but only 11 on target, where as Inter had 7 shots and all 7 were on target

Managers Reaction : I am very pleased with my boys, its just what i wanted to see in my first game in charge, the only thing we need to put right is scoring, we need to put away our chances, other than that im happy :)

1241.gif5-1safc_1182333992_juventus-logo150.jpg

Roma Took On High Flying Juventus And went 1-0 up on 10 minutes when drogba Finished with ease after some excelent passing saw him 1 on 1 with the keeper, it took 16 minutes for juventus to equilize When Aimar took advantage Of poor defending, and rolled it into the net, it stayed 1-1 at half time.

Roma kicked of the 2nd half the way the finished the first and it took 7 minutes for Luca Toni to restore Romas lead when he quickly turned and fired a low shot into the bottom corner, 8 minutes later and Perotta climbed over the defender to head it into the roof of the net to make it 3-1 to roma, who were cruising a this point 20 minutes from time and chivu put the result beonde dout When poor cummunication alowed Chivu to score, with 8 minutes remaining, unwanted Totti played a beautiful through ball which left Toni 1 on 1 with the keeper and he placed it confidently, a brillient display by Roma who were unstopable tonight

Managers Reaction:Well we had a problem with scoring in the last match and we worked on it in training, and it looks to of payed of, 5 goals, great performance all over the park ill be taking them out for a drink of two tonight;)

As It Stands:

1 Lazio 9 9 0 0 23 8 15 27

2 Juventus 9 6 2 1 30 14 16 20

3 Milan 9 5 2 2 30 15 15 17

4 Palermo 9 5 2 2 16 8 8 17

-----------------------------------------------

5 ROMA 9 5 2 2 19 12 7 17

6 Napoli 9 5 1 3 19 9 10 16

7 Empoli 9 4 4 1 9 4 5 16

8 Fiorentina 9 4 4 1 12 10 2 16

9 Udinese 9 4 3 2 16 11 5 15

10 Internazionale 9 4 1 4 19 8 11 13

11 Chievo 9 3 3 3 16 14 2 12

12 Triestina 9 3 2 4 11 12 -1 11

13 Ascoli 9 3 2 4 7 10 -3 11

14 Cagliari 9 3 0 6 11 37 -26 9

15 Sampdoria 9 2 2 5 18 27 -9 8

16 Messina 9 2 1 6 11 20 -9 7

17 Atalanta 9 1 3 5 8 15 -7 6

18 Mantova 9 1 2 6 5 14 -9 5

19 Torino 9 1 1 7 16 28 -12 4

20 Parma 9 1 1 7 7 27 -20 4

Roma are keeping pressure on the top 4 with only goal difference seperating 5th from 3rd, whilst Lazio are demoloshing every team they play. winning 9 out of 9, Roma welcome High Flying division 2 side Brescia on Monday night where Gazza Will Playy ALL of his reserves and give the first team a well needed rest

Few suspicious transfer deals going on atm I think :rolleyes:

Nery Castillo, been on my shortlist a while, clubs bidding for him a lot, suddenly AEK Athens sell him to Juventus for £12m :confused: Best player sold for £12m, manager has now left the club and another is there :rolleyes:

After defeat to Leamington Steve's FC Kobenhavn on Wednesday, Elfsborg lost out on top spot to Lyn Oslo.

Last night saw Djurgardens the opponents, the side who beat Elfsborg in the cup final last year, giving away all hope of a European spot for this season.

The home side got revenge though, coming out on top 5 - 2, but with Lyn winning, stay a point behind them.

Elfsborg took a 4 - 0 lead with goals from Cristian Bolanos , Gaston Fernandez, Anders Svensson and Pavel Pogrebnyak before Djurgardens managed a small fightback.

Daniel Sjolund and Jones Kusi-Asare managed to pull it back to 4 - 2 before Pogrebnyak grabbed his 2nd with a few minutes to go.

Next up sees that team Lyn Oslo once again, this time in the Scandinavian Cup Round 2.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Kick Start towards the future?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||villarreal.jpg

The manager of Villarreal, has managed to do the double of la liga favorites Barcelona

It all started on the 5th of january,Villarreal played Barcelona at home and was quite lucky the game with 47% possesion but Barcelona superstars just couldnt have the end product,Goals from Pires and Nuno Gomes grabbed the homeside the 3 points.

On the 7th,Villarreal once again played at home again in the Spanish Cup Round 2, Even though Barcelona rested a few "star players" we still won 3-2 i couldnt care less because id like to win some silverware this season and dont want to leave the fans dissopointed.Barcelona took a very quick lead scoring in the 1st Minute thanks to Eduardo Rubio, Then Villarreal put the homeside back on level terms thanks to Forlan and also two goals from Marcoss senna, later in the secound half Isacc Promise got sent for a dangerous two-footed challanged ( :eek: ) Then in the last few minutes Maxi Lopez grabbed a consulation but wasn't enough so the homeside are through to the 3rd round of the cup.

dsenna040806.jpgThe Hero Of Villarreal Senna, has been ruled out for 6 week and will be a big loss for the Villarreal side

Oh and if anybody will loan me a 90 CM player, id appreciate it.

New man on Tyneside

Newcastle United today apointed a new manager in a man who has supported them since a child. The clubs board have said "This is a big move for us, we are taking a bit of a risk on a new and up and coming manager in Winston but we have every confidencethat he can get us into the top 4 and really challenge in all competitions".

Fans gathered outside St. James' park this morning to welcome the new manager and great support was showed from them. They have high expectations and Winston has "promised to deliver".

Winston has said that he has his eyes on a few players to bring in to boost the squad, as always defenders are high on that list.

Roma Defeat Milan To Climb To 3rd

Last Night Roma Played Milan in one of the seasons Scoachers

Match Report

Roma started the match very strongly and opened the scoring in the 22nd minute when Perotta finished off some slick passing, roma doubled thier lead 6 minutes later when Luca Toni volleyed it into the top corner, Roma looked to be heading into half time with a 2-0 lead but 1 minute before the whistle Milan gotone back when Cabral picked up a short corner to bend one in past the unsighted keeper.

Half Time

Roma started the 2nd half the way the started the first, total domination but Milan caught Roma on the counter atack and made it 2-2 when Ede turned quickly and shot into the bottom corner, this game was turning out to be a cracker and Roma took the lead again after to minutes of being level when Drogba Poked the ball into the back of the net after a goal mouth scramble and it stayed 3-2 with Roma picking up all 3 points

Manager Reaction:I Am very proud of the boys, to come to milan and take away all 3 points is difficult, but the boys did it and i really cant explain the delight i have for them, we played them off the park in every position,we have a SMFA champs cup match On friday and , yes i will be playing my reserves

League Table:

1 Lazio 10 9 1 0 25 10 15 28

2 Juventus 10 7 2 1 33 14 19 23

3 ROMA 10 6 2 2 22 14 8 20

4 Empoli 10 5 4 1 13 5 8 19

------------------------------------------

5 Fiorentina 10 5 4 1 13 10 3 19

6 Palermo 10 5 3 2 18 10 8 18

7 Udinese 10 5 3 2 18 11 7 18

------------------------------------------

8 Milan 10 5 2 3 32 18 14 17

9 Internazionale 10 5 1 4 22 9 13 16

10 Napoli 10 5 1 4 19 10 9 16

11 Ascoli 10 4 2 4 8 10 -2 14

12 Chievo 10 3 3 4 17 17 0 12

13 Triestina 10 3 3 4 13 14 -1 12

14 Sampdoria 10 2 3 5 19 28 -9 9

15 Cagliari 10 3 0 7 12 41 -29 9

16 Atalanta 10 1 4 5 10 17 -7 7

17 Messina 10 2 1 7 11 23 -12 7

-----------------------------------------

18 Mantova 10 1 3 6 6 15 -9 6

19 Torino 10 1 1 8 16 29 -13 4

20 Parma 10 1 1 8 7 29 -22 4

Monday 7th January - Scandinavian Cup Round 2:

Elfsborg came up against that side Lyn Oslo again, a place in the next round of the cup at stake for one of the two sides, who are building up a big rivalry currently, with both sides at the top of the table.

Gary Cahill came into the side after he completed his loan move from Aston Villa.

A bid had been placed in pre season for the defender who has been on loan at the Swedish side for many seasons now.

The first goal came thanks to a deflection, Pavel Pogrebnyak taking the credit though, his 2nd cup goal of the season.

7 minutes later the game was sealed, Samuel Holmen using his pace and power to finish.

Elfsborg 2 - 0 Lyn Oslo

The win sets up a quarter final tie away to Brondby.

Wednesday 9th January - Scandinavian League

Gary Cahill struck his first goal of the season to give Elfsborg the lead within 19 minutes in this game away to Helsingborgs IF.

The home side played well but Elfsborg dominated the game possession wise and were comfortable until Tarmo Neemelo equalised in the 76th minute.

Helsingborgs felt as though they'd done enough to grab a point, but Cristian Bolanos found himself in space late on and finished from 15 yards.

Helsingborgs IF 1 - 2 Elfsborg

With Lyn only managing to draw 1 - 1 at home to Hammarby, Elfsborg go back to top spot.

1 ELFSBORG 10 8 0 2 33 18 15 24

2 Lyn Oslo 10 7 2 1 23 11 12 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 IFK Göteborg 10 7 1 2 26 11 15 22

4 FC København 10 7 1 2 24 11 13 22

5 Hammarby 10 6 2 2 20 10 10 20

6 Rosenborg 10 6 1 3 20 13 7 19

7 AaB 10 6 0 4 17 13 4 18

8 OB 10 5 2 3 19 13 6 17

9 Viborg FF 10 5 0 5 18 21 -3 15

10 SK Brann 10 5 0 5 10 16 -6 15

11 Malmö FF 10 4 2 4 19 22 -3 14

12 Esbjerg 10 4 1 5 10 16 -6 13

13 Brøndby IF 10 3 3 4 11 10 1 12

14 Honka 10 3 2 5 7 20 -13 11

15 FC Midtylland 10 2 2 6 12 18 -6 8

16 HJK Helsinki 10 2 2 6 9 16 -7 8

17 Djurgårdens 10 2 2 6 8 18 -10 8

18 Helsingborgs IF 10 1 4 5 8 16 -8 7

19 Valerenga 10 0 4 6 8 18 -10 4

20 Lillestrøm SK 10 0 3 7 10 21 -11 3

New look Toon on Tune

Newcastle United's first game with their new Welshman in charge was a home in the first round SMFA Shield against Le Mans. Newcastle booked a place in the Second round where they will face a tough tie away in Kyiv. The Magpies came from behind to lead at half time with two goals in 7 minutes from Paolo Maldini and Kieran Dyer. Le Mans Pulled level 2 minutes into the second half but nothing was going to stop the players giving their new boss a first win when Michael Owen who is rumoured to be on his way out of the north east scored with 10 minutes to go.

Winston stated after the game that he is looking to improve the squad, especially in attack where he is willing to swap Michael Owen and Ricardo Oliveira for suitable replacements. He is also looking to add depth to the squad with young players. As yet no new faces have arrived at St. James' park.

Chelsea demolish Millwall as run goes on!

badge_new1.jpg

Chelsea played hosts to Millwall this evening and continued they're run in great fashion seeing out 'The Lions' in a 5-2 victory.

The clubs were equally matched and the game was 1-1 after 17 mins and from then on Chelsea walked all over Millwall.

Mutu scored 2 goals, as did Fabregas while Shevchenko scored late on just before Gignac put away Millwall's second.

Chelsea are still 8 points on top of the league after 11 games and have found the form that was never found in the previous season when they finished in the bottom 5 clubs.

The recent arrivals of Yaya Toure and Mahamadou Diarra in the deal that saw Steven Gerrard leave the club have boosted the teams morale, even with the influence Gerrard played, the squad seem to have become more motivated.

Manager Dan Payne is still trying to sell Frank Lampard and has recieved interest from many clubs but has still not found the right deal.

lampard-761982.jpg

Lampard set to leave Chelsea

Gazza Wins All 6 In Charge Of New Club

Gazza Thomas has an 100% start to his Roma Career After Winning Friday In The SMFA Champs Cup and Also Winning One Day Later In The League

Smfa Champs Cup

1241.gif 5-1 1268.gif

Key Moments:

4: GOAL!! - Using all his skill Luca TONI darts past the defenders and drives the ball past the keeper!

5: GOAL!! - Lightning quick Didier DROGBA bursts into the box and lashes home from 15-yards!

8: GOAL!! - Deyvison BOBO finishes at the second attempt with a toe-poke!

55: GOAL!! - A long ball down the middle is collected by Francesco TOTTI who drills home a right foot shot!

GOAL!! - An amazing goal by Luca TONI! The keeper had no chance! Were running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire!

85: GOAL!! - Receiving the ball on the left Cristian CHIVU skips inside his marker and curls in a shot from 25 yards!

3672.jpg

Becoming A Huge Hit Since Gazzas Arrivle

1241.gif 2-1 1246.gif

Key Moments:

29: GOAL!! - Igor TITOV volleys it into the back of the net

35: GOAL!! - Poor communication at the back allows Didier DROGBA to score!

59: Cristian CHIVU drags his shot wide

60: An ambitious 30 yard drive from Didier DROGBA shoots over the bar

64: GOAL!! - A spectacular long range shot by Paulo BARRETO flies into the top corner!

10_didier_drogba.jpg

Drogba And Toni Realy Doing The Buisness For Gazza

Since Gazzas Arrivle Roma Have Won All 6, Scoring 20, Conceding 5 And Two Victories Have Been 5-1

Tonight Roma Are In Action IN The Cup, Aginst Crotone, Only The Reserves Will Play

10 Man Toon overcome Kyiv.

The game in Kyiv saw a new look Newcastle style come into action, even with the Geordies losing Diego Lugano after 19 minutes for a shocking headbutt. Newcastle had already taken the lead by this point though Ricardo Oliveira's powerful shot on 17 minutes, his 5th in 8 games for the Toon. This proved to be the only goal of the game to the amazement of the crowd.

Newcastle did not just sit back from that point, they ended the game with 61% possession and more shots on target making it a very satisfying evening for Winston who has been delighted with the response of the players since he took over.

Newcastle have won 5 out of 5 so far and are really looking forward to a long and succesfull era under Winston.

Roma.jpg

Still Unbeaten!!

Since Gazza Took Over Roma He Has Played 10- Winning 9 And Drawing 1

"I am very happy with the players, i have managed to bring in some depth but thier not world class signings, just minor signings to get us through the season, i would also like to menstion me and Totti have patched things up and i am willing to give him another chance, he is a very good player and will score us alot of goals for this season and maybe next

SMFA CHAMPS CUP

Roma 1-0 Aston Villa

Gazza went into this match with Adam, playing only 2 first team players, De Rossi and Doni And the only goal came in the 2nd half when MONTELLA went on a foreging run and scored a screamer, the crowd went wild.

Managers Reaction- Well adam is a very good manager and has achieved alot at villa, so its good to beat him with my 2nd string team, the played brillient and i am happy that they have picked up 2 wins out of 2 in this competition, next up is barcelona, i may play the same team

1 123.gifROMA 2 2 0 0 6 1 5 6

2 140.gifBarcelona 2 2 0 0 5 2 3 6

-----------------------------------

3 2.gifAston Villa 2 0 0 2 0 2 -2 0

4 128.gifTorino 2 0 0 2 3 9 -6 0

Logo%20Roma.jpg6-0parmafc.jpg

Roma went into this match with thier first 11 all rested, and it took only 5 minutes for them to break the scoring and it came from goal machine didier Drogba when he caually rolled the ball into the net, the defence was nowhere, 9 minutes later and they doubled thier lead when some great passingleft perrotta clear on goal and he finished with ease and it stayed like that untill half time where there was only one real chance and that was tottis, his 35 yard scorcher was punched over the bar

HALF TIME 2-0

After a half time team talk Roma came out rampaging and it took only 1 minutes for them to get thier 3rd, Luca Toni got it as he bundled it over the line after a scramble in the area and Roma put the game beond dout in the 61st minute when tottis shot from an acute angle got deflected in, Drogba got his second on the 70th minute mark when his shot was hevily deflected to wrong foot the keeper and trickle into the net, Roma got thier 6th just 5 minutes later when an earl shot from luca Toni caught the keeper off gaurd

Managers Reaction- This is what i like to see, attacking football, we have alot of great players that know how to score and tonight has gave me problems ahead of the game against Barcelona, My 2nd team deserve a chance to prove their selfes against the big teams, but if my first team can performe like this against Barce we would slaughter them *goes to think*

Top 4

1110.gif Juventus 13 9 3 1 40 14 26 30

2111.gif Lazio 13 9 2 2 28 15 13 29

3107.gif Fiorentina 13 8 4 1 23 15 8 28

4123.gifROMA 13 8 3 2 30 15 15 27

Scandinavia

What a great season so far

League

1 FC København managed by LeamingtonSteve

2 Elfsborg managed by GeorgeECFC,

3 FK Göteborg managed by me

Cup Semi Final

AaB v FK Göteborg

FC København v Brøndby IF

Shield Quarter Final

Lillestrøm SK v FK Göteborg

FC København v OB

Esbjerg v Hammarby

Viborg FF v FC Midtylland

Dont Lie.. You Played My Team In The Cup.. You Drew Aginst My Reserves 1-1 And I Beat You On Penos...:confused:

No need to be like that though Gazza :)

Should have just gave a cup game a little mention :)

Chelsea are selling Lampard.

90+ defender and 90+ Midfielder required.

oh crap did i draw lol sorry thought i won lol

bad memory lol

anyway got my first league game tonight soooo will hopefully win that

Good Luck Mate

Sorry for being snappy just having a bad day:)

this forum anoys me .. i do alot of goodish post's never get repped:p jeez

Totti is for sale again:)

91 Defender, 91 Midfielder Under 27 years of age