Saúl Ñíguez

o_atletico_de_madrid_atletico_de_madrid_b-1685171.jpg

Name: Saúl Ñíguez Esclapez

Team: Atlético de Madrid B

Date of birth: 21/11/1994

Pos: Left winger/Attacking midfielder

International: U-16,U-17

DB: No

All we know one of his brothers,Aaron, some of us know his brother Jony(played for Villarreal B) and if you're older than me,you'll probably know about his father Boria. His father was one of the most loved players in the history of Elche but Saúl will be one of the most loved players of Atletico.

Saúl Ñíguez is one of the most promising players U-15 in the world. He came from Real Madrid in 2008 after been playing for Real Madrid during 3 years. This season,he will play for Atletico B with only 15 years old!

Everybody believes in him. From what I've seen of him, he's a quality winger who can play as an AM. His powerful shots and his speed are great. His coach says of him that he's very competitive.

His international career is short but he has been called for U-17 and he plays a big role for U-16.

Keep an eye on him.

• 1 month later...

Re: Saúl Ñíguez | Atletico's wonderkid

I saw him play for the first time on Sunday vs. Real Madrid Castilla, he has a lot of potential. For a 15 year old he is very developed, he obviously will need to bulk up a little bit but seems strong and bigger than I thought he would be. He is very comfortable in possession of the ball and assured in his passing and first touch, and has a lot of pace. He played as a main striker but I think he can play on the wing as well. He looks like a better player than his brother Aaron already and the more games he plays in Atletico B, against fully grown men in the 3rd division, the more he will improve. Very promising.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Saúl Ñíguez | Atletico's wonderkid

I've been trying to track this kid down for a while, and I think this is him. I interned for Atlético de Madrid last year and was able to watch a few of their Cantera training sessions. I think I was watching the U 16's or U 18's I'm not quite sure, but an average size Blond hair guy was absolutely dominating and was a clear cut above the rest. They were doing a drill where he had a different colored bib than the rest of the players and was constantly on offense. He has incredible field vision, and a wonderful feel for the game. I think this was him, but I'm not quite sure as I didn't have the roster in front of me. Does he play a #10 Central Midfield role? From the training sessions it appeared this is how he was being used. He actually reminded me a lot of Andrea Pirlo for the way he was the architect of his teams buildup play.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...