Official Player-Position Correction Thread

JoseHolland

Hi guys;

I think my least favourite thing about SoccerManager is how many player positions are inaccurate. Sending a ticket in does sometimes resolve the issue, but more often than not we find a player's position will not be reviewed until his relevant league's rating changes.

The reason I start this thread is to see the general opinion on what managers feel a player's position should be. Rather than 10, 20, 30 etc people sending in a ticket to SM about the same player's position, I think it might be more time-effective for SM to review this thread every now and then to see what the members feel a players position should be.

I'll get things going with a few players as example, I hope this thread becomes a useful tool to SM and I encourage other managers to provide examples of what they feel is an inaccurate position.

Marouane Fellaini

Current SM Position: CM/DM

Correct Position: AM/CF

Reasoning: Fellaini is certainly not a holding midfield player. More often than not Fellaini and Cahill spend time playing off the front man at Everton, or even playing up front together like they did against Manchester United this season.

James Milner

Current SM Position: CM/RM

Correct Position: Mid

Reasoning: Already this season Milner has played through the middle for Aston Villa, on the wing for Manchester City and both roles for his national side. Milner is widely regarded as one of the most versatile players in the EPL and I think his SM position should reflect that.

Feel free to provide constructive feedback or suggestions.

Re: Official Player-Position Correction Thread

You can change the player's positions by sending in a ticket, as they don't concentrate that much on them when reviewing but when they do review they do the player position changes then.

Anyway this could be a thread to send in a request for a player who needs to be changed, and then either you or somebody else could send in a ticket and see if somethings done.

Here's a few.

Mikel Arteta - CM/RM to CM

Tim Cahill - AM/CM to AM/Fwd

Mark Gower - AM/Wing to CM/Wing

Leon Britton - AM/RM to DM

Ryan Giggs - LM/AM to LM/CM

Wayne Rooney - Fwd to AM/Fwd

You can change the player's positions by sending in a ticket' date=' as they don't concentrate that much on them when reviewing but when they do review they do the player position changes then.

Anyway this could be a thread to send in a request for a player who needs to be changed, and then either you or somebody else could send in a ticket and see if somethings done.

Here's a few.

Mikel Arteta - CM/RM to CM

Tim Cahill - AM/CM to AM/Fwd

Mark Gower - AM/Wing to CM/Wing

Leon Britton - AM/RM to DM

Ryan Giggs - LM/AM to LM/CM

Wayne Rooney - Fwd to AM/Fwd[/quote']

Disagree with Rooney and Giggs. Think Rooney should be Fwd/ AM and Giggs should be CM/LM.

Rooney's featured playing behind Berbatov in the Gerrard role so far this season' date=' and Giggs play more on the left then in the middle.[/quote']

In the important games though, Champions League or a PL main rival, he usually plays as a lone striker infront of a packed 5-man midfield.