Oumar Pouye

090224121244_Pouye---Arroub-%5B%5D.jpg

Name: Oumar Pouye

Nationality: Senegalese flags_of_Senegal.gif

Club: FC Metz (on loan at Évian TG this season though)

Position: Midfielder

Pouye came to Metz in 2006. In his first year at Metz he was mostly played in the reserv team of Metz. Under the catastrophic season Metz had during the 07/08 season, which also saw a relegation for them, Pouye got some chances and got to feel the heat on the highest level. As I mentioned above though, Metz got relegated and in order for Pouye to keep developing (Metz made it clear to him that he wouldn't be a starter for them as they were looking for direct promotion and therefore they would put their faith on the more ''experienced players''), he was sent out on loan to National League (Div 3) side, Évian TG. However, it's got to be said that Yvon Pouliquen (the then coach for Metz) trusted in Pouye's talent and therefore instead of selling him, he was sent out on loan by Metz.

At Évian Pouye took a starting spot directly after his arrival, and enjoyed a very succesful loan-spell at Évian. In the summer of '09, he was expected to seriously push for a starting place at Metz after his succesful spell at Évian TG. However, as Pouliquen now wasn't the Metz coach, Pouye got the message that he wasn't needed at Metz. So, Pouye was sent back to Évian for another season on loan. As during the season before, Pouye took a starting place immidiately and was a key-player in the squad who earned promotion to Ligue 2.

"I never got a chance during my last time at Metz, it was a difficult situation". - Oumar Pouye about the problems that came up at Metz during the summer of '10.

In the summer of 2010, Pouye was sent out on another season long loan to Évian, meaning that he has now spent three seasons on loan there. So far, he has been starting every game for Évian in their first ever season in Ligue 2, and Pouye has played an important part so far, as Évian supringsly is standing as the 2nd placed team in the league with 13 points.

What can we say about Pouye's playing-style then? First of all, he certainly has the speed, he also has a good vision for the game and he enjoys a good technique. I also got to say that his one-on-one play is of a very high standard. These tools are certainly useful for a winger of Pouye's calibre.

• 5 weeks later...