Best tactics for these Barcelona players!

Hi everyone, I would like some help with my Barcelona team. I'd appreciate any advice on tactics and pre-match instructions.

VALDES, Victor Gk 28 92

PINTO, José Manuel Gk 34 87

MAXWELL, Scherer LB/LM 29 91

LAHM, Philipp RB/LB 26 94

PUYOL, Carles CB/RB 32 96

PIQUE, Gerard CB/DM 23 94

ALBIOL, Raúl CB/RB 25 92

MILITO, Gabriel CB 30 91

XAVI, Hernández CM/AM 30 97

KEITA, Seydou CM/LM 30 92

FLAMINI, Mathieu CM/DM 26 91

MARTÍNEZ, Javi CM/DM 22 90

MASCHERANO, Javier DM/CM 26 94

KAKA, Ricardo AM 28 97

INIESTA, Andrés AM/Wing 26 96

ERIKSEN, Christian AM/Wing 18 82

MATA, Juan Manuel Wing/Fwd 22 91

PEDRO, Rodríguez Wing/Fwd 23 90

VILLA, David Fwd 28 96

DZEKO, Edin CF 24 92

I also have ARSHAVIN Wing/Fwd(94), CAPDEVILA LB(92), and TASCI CB (90). all coming in.

My thoughts were a 4-2-3-1 formation like this (or 4-4-1-1 with Kaka as the AM supporting Villa)

Lahm - Puyol - Pique - Capdevila

Mascherano - Xavi

Iniesta - Kaka - Arshavin

Villa

But what pre-match tactics/instructions should i use? I have tried a possession style from Speegs619 very good Guide for Newcomers thread with a 4-2-3-1, but it has brought mixed results so far - although if I am playing a tough opponent away from home I will often use defensive/counter attack with good results.

MY POSSESSION STYLE

Tackle: Hard

Mentality: Normal

Passing: Mixed

Attacking: Mixed

Tempo: Normal

Pressing: Own Half

Men behind ball, Playmaker (Kaka), target man (Villa)

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Best tactics for these Barcelona players!

MY POSSESSION STYLE

Tackle: HardOnly do this if your desperate for a win

Mentality: Normal

Passing: Mixed

Men behind ball' date=' Playmaker (Kaka), target man (Villa)

Any help would be appreciated![/quote']

Set Xavi as your Play Maker and Kaka as your target man.

Push up Iniesta and Arshavin, with arrows and then use the attacking play that Speegs mentioned in his thread.

Remember just because it worked for some people doesn't mean it will work for you.

I might use a 4-5-1 formation.

Use your normal back four

Iniesta-Xavi-Mascherano-Kieta

Kaka

Villa

Tackle: Normal

Mentality: Attacking

Passing: Mixed or through the middle (Since you have Kaka, Xavi and Mascherano in the middle, plus Villa up top, and your play maker and target man are centered in the pitch)

Playmaker (Kaka), target man (Villa)

If your still reallly reallly trying to get some goals, you have have your LM and RM make runs down the sideline, use a mixed passing style, and hope for some extra crosses and scoring chances from that.

Hey man. You have the right idea using Speegs guide. With a team as strong as your own you should be using his PLAYMAKING STYLE. This style relies mainly on having quality central midfielders and a good spine to your team. You have the two best central midfielders and the tied best DM in the game so you'll dominate.

I have found the most effective formation with this style is 3-5-2. Your strongest team would be:

Lahm - Puyol - Pique

Mascherano

Iniesta - Xavi - Kaka - Arshavin

Villa - Dzeko

Tackle: Normal - Using Hard at least doubles your injurys and suspensions.

Mentality: Attacking

Passing: Direct - This is the key to this formation/system.

Tempo: Fast

Pressing: All over

Speegs suggests using counter attack, play off side, playmaker and target man but i have found it more effective to use counter attack and target man only.

This system will result in your team scoring a ridiculous amount of goals with your team scoring on average around 3-4 goals a game depending on the opposition. Your strikers will more then likely be the top goal scorers in the league due to the direct passing . The main problem you will encounter will be others in the league copying this system!

Now onto the players you have....

The only weakness in your starting 11 is Dzeko and maybe Pique.

Dzeko is a great player for the future and a good back up striker for this team but if possible bring in someone of higher rating for the short term eg. Forlan or Totti. You can get them cheap and if stuck can be used to cover CM.

Pique so. I say he is a slight weakness cos i've found LBs play better on the left of the 3 CBs then CBs do. Cheilini, Evra, Cole should be your targets. Whatever you do don't sell Pique tho. SM love him and he's a future 96.

This is my first ever post on SM and did so cos you mentioned Speegs. His guide is gospel! I have just givin you the keys to the kingdom....stick with this system for a season and i guarentee success. Let me know how it goes.

Owen.