Josip "Jojo" Iličič (Palermo's Talented Midfielder)

Josip Iličič

60486662.jpg

Date of birth: 29.01.1988

Place of birth: Prijedor

Height: 1,90 (6 Ft 3)

Nationality: Slovenia

Position: Midfield/Attacking Midfield

Foot: Left

Iličič played for NK Interblock before moving to NK Maribor at the start of 2010-11 season. He has made a big impact from the start as he scored twice in the UEFA Europa League match against Scottish Premier League club Hibernian in July 2010. He then scored again, in the return leg of the UEFA Europa League playoff round against Sicilians Palermo, which ended in a 3–2 win for the Slovenian side. On the very next day it was confirmed that Palermo itself had acquired Iličič and teammate Armin Bačinovič from Maribor in a permanent move. The fee is believed to be around 2 Million Euros. His first goal for Palermo came on the 19th of September 2010 at home to reigning champions Internazionale.

Then today (23rd September 2010) he scored the 2nd goal in the 3-1 win at Juventus.

Iličič made his debut for the national side in a friendly match against Australia on August 11, 2010 and has gone on to recieve 3 caps so far.

My View

I watched the game a while ago (Palermo vs NK Maribor) where he played the full 90 Mins in a 3-0 loss, he was really commanding and put in a great shift and got noticed by the Palermo staff from that match. Being 6ft 3 he is quite tall for a midfielder but this gives him power and strenght which goes nicely which is good pace. I have also watched week 3/4 match for Palermo he has played 2 games and scored 2 goals :eek: what more do you want from your midfield :).

Him and Pastore have been the key men for Palermo so far in the Series A and the player i think he plays similar to in none other than Pastore, roughly the same height and pace and ability to score goals from Midfield, although Iličič is probably less attack minded and skillfull and Pastore but i can see him and Javier being a formidible partnership for Palermo or a great successor to him if Pastore leaves in January/Summer.

If he keeps up this he will rise from his SM rating of 79 to around 82/83 or maybe more and his value is around £1 Million so a bargain a MUST BUY :D

Videos:

Josip 'JOJO' Ilicic - Skills and Goals Compilation 09/10

Juventus vs Palermo Josip Ilicic Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak7yIMaCHDw

Palermo 1 Vs 0 Inter Josip Ilicic Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQr1uDDU678

Links:

Stats

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/josip-ilicic/leistungsdaten/spieler_80351.html

Credit: Was menthioned in "Slovakian Risers" by 09aparker

Re: Josip "Jojo" Iličič (Palermo's Talented Midfielder)

Was going to make a PTS on him after I got him in EC 5579, but you beat me to it (was about to start a new thread when I saw this).

This player is very quicky, good one-on-one and I must say that he is player you must have if you're going to play a counter-attack. Against Inter, Palermo mostly did that and he was shining, and although he wasn't perhaps so out-standing against Juve, he was certainly creative when he had the ball.

I really like this player and I certainly believe Palermo is the right club for him to achieve his goals.

Was going to make a PTS on him after I got him in EC 5579' date=' but you beat me to it (was about to start a new thread when I saw this).

This player is very quicky, good one-on-one and I must say that he is player you must have if you're going to play a counter-attack. Against Inter, Palermo mostly did that and he was shining, and although he wasn't perhaps so out-standing against Juve, he was certainly creative when he had the ball.

I really like this player and I certainly believe Palermo is the right club for him to achieve his goals.[/quote']

Nice :) I also share your view Palermo is perfect for him, he can feed of Pastore or fill in for him and is a player or type of player they dont have many of :)

Another good goal today away to Fiorentina - have got him snapped up for my Kettering side in GC113:eek:B):eek:

Was a nice goal (+ MOM Honours)' date=' with him and Pastore clearly playing well together in the Palermo team, He stands at 3 goals in 5 games for a Midfielder which is really good going :D

[b']Iličič Goal Vs Fiorentina (1st on video)[/b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZ1wdCvdmY

Ilicic and Pastore are joint top scorers for Palermo so far this season with three goals each.

Given that Italy won't be reviewed for a while I expect Palermo and Ilicic to have played enough games to rise further than 82/83.

Another Bosnian player who doesn't play for Bosnia .. :(

His name is Josip Ilicic. If anything, he's a Croat. It doesn't matter where he was born before the war as even in Sarajevo 40% were Serbs, the other 60% were split between the other regions.

Anyhow, back to topic, seen him play....great player a little selfish sometimes though...

Guest Abdel Zizi

Another Bosnian player who doesn't play for Bosnia .. :(
I blame the Serbians for that.

*cough* Ibrahimovic *cough*

Those Swedes are fast to blame Serbs, while f*cking the Bosnians themselfs :D

On topic: Both Ilicic and Bacinovic seem pretty good players to me. Add Kasami to that.

According to Ilicic's agent, Armin Ruznic, Ilicic was very close to get a move to Milan during the final days of the summer transfer-window. Ruznic also said that Allegri and Ilicic had private talks about how Ilicic would be used in the team and such.

To be honest, if this is true, I think this wasn't good at all by Milan. I mean, Ilicic has been a success so far for Palermo (which I personally expected before this season, as 95 % of Palermo's young and relative unknown signings these past seasons has all been succeesses), and as he is performing on this highest stage of them all, his tranfer-price will go one way - up. If we want him now, then I'm sure we would have to pay 10x more than what we could have gotten him for during the summer.

Must say: Ilicic (nor Bacinovic) had never ever had an agent till Palermo were knocking on the door. To think that he has been develoing this quick....

*cough* Ibrahimovic *cough*

Those Swedes are fast to blame Serbs' date=' while f*cking the Bosnians themselfs :D[/quote']

FYI, he was born and raised in Sweden. Sweden approached him to play for the NT and Bosnia didn't. Plus, he wanted to play for Sweden as well. You can ask any Bosnian and they will confirm this to you. But seriously, the Serbian goverment had to be idiots.

FYI' date=' he was born and raised in Sweden. Sweden approached him to play for the NT and Bosnia didn't. Plus, he wanted to play for Sweden as well. You can ask any Bosnian and they will confirm this to you. But seriously, the Serbian goverment had to be idiots.[/quote']

I'm not sure it's the govermnet would be responsible for persuadning players to represent the country, it is more than likely the Bosnian Football Association. But first and foremost it is the choice of the player.