Are these rediculous results?

Does the SMFA computer program have hiccups with calculating odds properly? Or is it just heavily biased towards the computer controlled teams?

My 93(!) rated Italy team just lost to the 83(!) rated (computer controlled) Guinea team 2-0! :confused: Most of Italy's team members rated higher in performance in the match than Guinea. :confused:

Possession was 49%. Shots on target were 5 for Italy (15 total) for no score :confused: and 2(!!!!) for Guinea (10 total) for 2 goals!!!! :mad:

What was that????? :eek: :eek:

Ever since I paid for gold membership I've been getting these kind of results. Earlier in the week my 1st place, 100% fit and trophy winning 92 rated Juventus lost 2-0 to 86 rated Sienna...:mad:

A complete turnaround in performance since I recently paid for gold membership.

Since I started playing on this site in Dec 09 I've not had such enormous results against the odds as these. Is this what happens when you pay for gold membership?

Help anyone? :confused:

Re: Are these rediculous results?

tx for the reply Sir Metz:

tactics not crazy. 4-4-2 formation (same as opponent) and all else the same to what worked to win the Serie A, Italian shield and charity shield in 1st season with Juve as a unpaid free member. Personal history = 163 games played = 374 pts = 2.29 av pts.

I thought these 2 results were SO very unusual that it prompted me to submit the post to see if others have had similar experiences. I can't believe it's down to "reallllly unlucky". Let's see if this continues.

I mean, what hope is there now for a 93 rated Italy team to lose to a 83 rated team and a 92 rated Juventus team to lose to a 86 rated team with all else the same?....other than the fact that I coughed up money to become a gold member. :confused: or due to my past success the computer is designed to 'bring me back' to the rest of the field.

ps good luck with Liverpool...in England I'm an Arsenal fan. Oops! Looks like Chelsea and their Italian coach is wiping the competition clean.

last season (before I got GM) i lost the top-spot with 4games left thanks to a game against chelsea (who were computer controlled and relegated). I had better rated players, all my players were 100% fit (chelseas best players were NMF), my players ALL got better marks out of ten, i had the most shots on target, i had the most possesion, my morale was the highest, my keeper was a bit better (1pnt) and my strikers better (4pnts in total). In fact the only thing that went against me was that I was away, I was extremely ****** off at the time as it meant that i lost the championship!

you definately get some very dodgey results from time to time!

Thanks you all for your feedback. It appears then that I'm not the sole target of these rediculous results.

I still can't believe that my team's gone from winning 3 trophies in one season to being unable to beat the bottom team while all the stats are in my favour. My team hasn't scored a goal in 3 matches now, and this is after one of my strikers won the player of the year award in the season recently completed!

Well I'll persist then and see if it's part of a normal wave of 'computer generated' bad luck.

I appreciate your efforts and 'good' luck for the rest of your/our time in SM. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Who do I complain to????

Another 3 weeks have passed and I'm still getting rediculous results. My last match using Juventus (rated 91) ended in a draw with Roma 1-1. Why is this rediculous? Because:

The Roma human manager has been absent since 29 Sep, so 9 of the 11 players starting the match were NMF and 7 of them were only 1% fit!!! Yet Juventus at home and at full strength, 100% fitness to all players and team rated 91 could not beat Roma, a mid ranked team in the game world. All the important stats were in favour of Juventus too; possession, total shots and shots on target and MoM. Still no victory for Juventus against a team that has been neglected by its manager and should not be able to even walk after 1/2 half time, let alone keep up with my 'fast attacking' pace in the whole 2nd half.

I can't be doing anything wrong because I am ranked No 1 manager in the game world (that might change now with these pathetic results 1 month into the new season) and my Juventus team won 3 of the 4 major trophies last season. Since then, I paid to be a gold manager and started the new season 1 month ago. The team's results have been terrible since then, particularly against weaker opposition.

How do I get Soccer Manager to give me a fair go?

Who do I complain to????

Guest Villa888

Who do I complain to????

Another 3 weeks have passed and I'm still getting rediculous results. My last match using Juventus (rated 91) ended in a draw with Roma 1-1. Why is this rediculous? Because:

The Roma human manager has been absent since 29 Sep' date=' so 9 of the 11 players starting the match were NMF and 7 of them were only 1% fit!!! Yet Juventus at home and at full strength, 100% fitness to all players and team rated 91 could not beat Roma, a mid ranked team in the game world. All the important stats were in favour of Juventus too; possession, total shots and shots on target and MoM. Still no victory for Juventus against a team that has been neglected by its manager and should not be able to even walk after 1/2 half time, let alone keep up with my 'fast attacking' pace in the whole 2nd half.

I can't be doing anything wrong because I am ranked No 1 manager in the game world (that might change now with these pathetic results 1 month into the new season) and my Juventus team won 3 of the 4 major trophies last season. Since then, I paid to be a gold manager and started the new season 1 month ago. The team's results have been terrible since then, particularly against weaker opposition.

How do I get Soccer Manager to give me a fair go?

Who do I complain to????[/quote']

These things happen mate. I lost 1-0 at home with 67% possession and twice the shots on target. They were smarter with their tactics. It does actually seem very random with the results.

Hi Villa. Thanks for taking the time out to reply to my post. I've been playing here since Dec 09 and in that time there certainly has been the various 'random' results that have raised my eyebrows more than once, but never a run that's lasting so far for 13 turns. That's why I started this thread. This result is just another in a series of very questionable results.

Can't be down to just random. Otherwise how did I achieve my historical trophies? The odds are too high for randomness. Why would anyone play this if it's just random results. No there's gotta be a reason. I think Soccer Manager has a program execution that holds back winners and I want to find out how to 'switch it off'.

ps I note you used the word "mate" in your reply. I think that's rare coming from someone located in USA. Is it becoming more used there too? I thought it was just we Aussies who use this term in normal conversation. When I lived in Florida in the 80s, people thought I was calling them "Mike". They'd say "My name's not Mike" :) Some even replied, "I'm not your mate, I'm married!" :)

Thats nothing!

check this one out;

I lost 5-0 to Bolivia with the Netherlands( they were computer controlled). Their average rating was 83, mine was 92. I played 3-5-2 with these tactics:

Tackling Style: Normal

Mentality: Normal

Passing Style: Short

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Slow

Pressing: All Over

Play Style: Play Offside

I only had 42% of the possesion, even though my passing was short and temp was slow. I also had 17 shots on target to their 12

How the hell does that work?

the game is based heavily on luck and its starting to annoy me now. whats the point in building your team up to be the best in the league for your team not to perform time and time again? my kilmarnock team with ronaldo, drogba, puyol have lost twice now to two teams i know im better than and i havent scored a single goal. the game engine is ****.

get a grip mate, results can and will happen in football. Try tweaking tactics and/or players to get a new winning formula. It is irrelevant if you won all those trophies last season with your tactics, tbe important thing is they obviously have a flaw yoi must address. I dont see the match engine is intentionally churning out poor results. my world champions brazil lost 4-0 to Korea a couple weeks ago LOL! I just laughed at the sheer stupidity of the result and moved on.

Youll learn as you go on what tactics work against unmanaged teams.

I'm not sure if I've even got the hang of it fully after 2 years at least playing.

I find managed teams are always easier to play against unmanaged ones.

When you lose by a ridiculous result, just try and move on, just take a deep sigh and move on.

Don't get too paranoid and keep changing your tactics, keep one tactic style and if it doesn't work, well then if your losing 10 games in a row, you know you need to change.

I remember Southampton beating Man U 6-3 in the Premiership in 1996, Artmedia Bratislava beating Celtic 5-0 in a Champions league qualifier, Newcastle this season beating Villa 6-0..........the list goes on.

Results like this happen, you can't expect to win all the time(even if you did win 3 historic trophies last season)

Leeds went from champions league Semi-finalists to League 2 in like 3/4 years

As the man says above

Stop crying, start winning.

OK colleagues, thanks for replies. Maybe I'm starting to take this all too seriously. I really thought there was a 'computer programming' reason for my dramatic turn in fortunes here and that someone had an answer that would 'reset it'. That should settle the 'stop crying' comment. :)

But if my 92 rated 100% fit team can't beat a human (but absent) managed team with 9 NMF players (7 at 1% fit) then how do I settle the 'start winning' comment? No amount of tactical adjustment could fix this unless I've been selecting the "sit down on the pitch and don't play" option. But I can't find that one. My search for the answer to this question is why I started the thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe the answer doesn't exist. So Sean, I think you're making the most sense here on this question. Thanks for your thoughts and to all the rest too. Time for me to move on...again... :)

Guest Villa888

Hi Villa. Thanks for taking the time out to reply to my post. I've been playing here since Dec 09 and in that time there certainly has been the various 'random' results that have raised my eyebrows more than once' date=' but never a run that's lasting so far for 13 turns. That's why I started this thread. This result is just another in a series of very questionable results.

Can't be down to just random. Otherwise how did I achieve my historical trophies? The odds are too high for randomness. Why would anyone play this if it's just random results. No there's gotta be a reason. I think Soccer Manager has a program execution that holds back winners and I want to find out how to 'switch it off'.

ps I note you used the word "mate" in your reply. I think that's rare coming from someone located in USA. Is it becoming more used there too? I thought it was just we Aussies who use this term in normal conversation. When I lived in Florida in the 80s, people thought I was calling them "Mike". They'd say "My name's not Mike" :) Some even replied, "I'm not your mate, I'm married!" :)[/quote']

I'm not saying it's all about being random, of course it has to do with tactics and squad strength, what I meant was that at random times you'll lose even if you HUGELY out play a team. Rarely do I see a team last long undefeated no matter how much better the manager is at tactics and/or the team is overall.

And yeah, I've gotten so used to it on here in the month I've been coming here that I just started using it a lot.

can anyone define what is "luck" mean in this game?

do you think the game engine can read or calculate "luck"?

for me is like "someone" messing around the game engine and "give" or "add" the so-called "luck" thing to the weaker side so that the bigger team will get some headache in beating them and hence we get this "competitive" thing

remember the times when 3-4-1-2 pwned every god dam teams? now is 3-5-2 turn that shine with some added "luck" to the loser teams of course and hence 3-5-2 is "not totally ownage but still quite ownage with super high possession"

i think SM should do a little bit better in "hiding" it from us :)

The Roma human manager has been absent since 29 Sep' date=' so 9 of the 11 players starting the match were NMF and 7 of them were only 1% fit!!! Yet Juventus at home and at full strength, 100% fitness to all players and team rated 91 could not beat Roma, a mid ranked team in the game world. All the important stats were in favour of Juventus too; possession, total shots and shots on target and MoM. Still no victory for Juventus against a team that has been neglected by its manager and should not be able to even walk after 1/2 half time, let alone keep up with my 'fast attacking' pace in the whole 2nd half.

[/quote']

I've got to admit, that is ridiculous. Your other results were ones that just happen in football sometimes, real and in this game, but that one should never have happened under any circumstances.