Busquests at 91? Surely a joke

Re: Busquests at 91? Surely a joke

Yep' date=' average kid. Starting for Barcelona, a team that could bring absolutely any player they wanted in, getting rid of Yaya Toure and playing him over Keita who Guardiola is a HUGE fan of. Now I know many of you don't know what a DM does but he is the perfect DM maybe other his strength but the names of Diarra (laughable), Fletcher (laughable) and so on aren't better than Busquets. He's a world class DM and going to be one of the best.[/quote']

You should be a comedian :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Busquests at 91? Surely a joke Well' date=' I've not done it because: 1) This has already been discussed quite a few times. 2) I've been rather busy and I tried to avoid writing a prolonged re

Re: Busquests at 91? Surely a joke He must be rubbish if people on here say he is. I mean, he has only been a regular for a team that has won the champions league and for a country that has won the w

Spesh when you consider some of the clowns who are rated the same or higher....

Guest Villa888

"If Busquets was not Spanish he would be nowhere near the Barca first teams.

If Busquets did not play for Barca he would be nowhere near the Spanish squad.

If his dad wasn't in the setup maybe none of the above would have happened anyway. "

Yep. And if Messi wasn't Spanish he wouldn't either, wait, he isn't. If Abidal or Alves weren't Spanish they wouldn't be either. Wait, they aren't. If Keita wasn't Spanish... Wait, he's not either. If Adriano wasn't Spanish, he wouldn't have been bought... Wait, he's not Spanish. Shucks. Lets not forget Mascherano, Milito, Ibra (who didn't work out for his price), Henry, Marquez, Chyrg... Like me to go on?

Yep. And if Messi wasn't Spanish he wouldn't either' date=' wait, he isn't.

If Abidal or Alves weren't Spanish they wouldn't be either. Wait, they aren't.

If Keita wasn't Spanish... Wait, he's not either.

If Adriano wasn't Spanish, he wouldn't have been bought... Wait, he's not Spanish. Shucks.

Lets not forget Mascherano, Milito, Ibra (who didn't work out for his price), Henry, Marquez, Chyrg... Like me to go on?[/quote']

Messi precedes Guardiola.

Abidal precedes Guardiola.

Alves precedes Guardiola.

Keita precedes Guardiola.

Milito precedes Guardiola.

Henry precedes Guardiola.

Marquez precedes Guardiola.

Like me to go on?

Chyg came and went.

Ibra came and went.

Masch,,, we will see.

Adriano is there for strength down the left side. Why not spanish? Because Spain are not strong down the left at the back.

And what about who's leaving..

yaya - foreign

ibra - foreign

chyg - foreign

hleb - foreign

caceres - foreign

henry - foreign

gudjohnsen - foreign

marquez - foreign

eto'o - foreign

sylvinho - foreign

Busquets place would belong to Yaya Toure right now if he wasn't spanish.

Actually no, it would belong to Javi Martinez.

He is a wall, if you think his rating is a joke then you don't know about football. Just because you make wonderful goals or useless tricks you are a important player. Every team needs balance, he gives that. Watch Busquets carefully and you will notice that he HARDLY loses the ball, his passing is really great and stops a lot of counter attacks.

He is a wall' date=' if you think his rating is a joke then you don't know about football. Just because you make wonderful goals or useless tricks you are a important player. Every team needs balance, he gives that. Watch Busquets carefully and you will notice that he HARDLY loses the ball, his passing is really great and stops a lot of counter attacks.[/quote']

ThaT's him!!! That is why Mascherano that has a bad passing and tackling skill have to play substitute. AND i am not sure how SM will rate a World cup champions, but he will get 92 no doubt, but IMO 93/94 is more suitable. My first thought of this thread title is busquet should get a higher rating, he is very consistent player so no way and no reason he drop.

He really doesnt deserve 91 tbh' date=' just coz he plays for Barca and Spain. hes nothing special IMO.[/quote']

So just how does he earn his place in the best club side and best country in the world if he's "nothing special". He's now keeping Mascherano out of the side, he was immense at Bilbao on saturday night.

Forget all this 'he only plays because he's Spanish' rubbish. If he wasn't good enough he wouldn't be picked, end of story.

He is a wall' date=' if you think his rating is a joke then you don't know about football. Just because you make wonderful goals or useless tricks you are a important player. Every team needs balance, he gives that. Watch Busquets carefully and you will notice that he HARDLY loses the ball, his passing is really great [b']and stops a lot of counter attacks[/b].

Exactly, i really do not understand all this busquets hate

And why is that? Best response you can give without backing it up? Typical fan. :)

Well' date=' I've not done it because:

1) This has already been discussed quite a few times.

2) I've been rather busy and I tried to avoid writing a prolonged reply.

However, I'd say you are much more of a stereotypical fan as you quickly jump into a bandwagon without most likely even watching enough. There aren't many people in this forum that follow La Liga more than I do (if any), so I do have a solid basis for my opinion and from what I've read, you do not. How unexpected :)

He is a wall, if you think his rating is a joke then you don't know about football. Just because you make wonderful goals or useless tricks you are a important player. Every team needs balance, he gives that. Watch Busquets carefully and you will notice that he HARDLY loses the ball, his passing is really great and stops a lot of counter attacks.

You should know me more than that, Fercasti. You've seen me writing countless of times that attackers and flair players are overrated and most of the time they aren't the basis of the strong, winning teams. They're the mere outside of the Sculpture that everyone admires.

I do not mind giving where credit is due and Zanetti with Cambiasso are true heroes even though they aren't grabbing the headlines. Redondo, Makelele - those were the warriors that helped their teams to success while not getting that much credit (just like other countless examples that I will not mention). However, Busquets is not one of them.

First, let me go through why I don't rate him personally:

1. He is constantly out muscled by a smaller, weaker players. That should never happen to a good DM, let alone all the time.
  2. While his role is primary just distribute the balls from the back, his distribution pretty much ends up as being a back-pass to Pique/Puyol and at rate rather occasions Xavi/Iniesta/Keita. There are lots of DM's who not only are completely solid and reliable at the back, but can also contribute to the flow to the game (Senna). Busquets, however, can not.
  3. If he's about to lose the ball, he will dive. A really poor example of professionalism.
  4. He's not a good keeper of the ball and under the pressure, is rather prone to lose it himself or misplace a pass.
    Don't get me wrong - he's not completely useless (as I probably would have said the same time last year), but he's still not good enough. He has actually improved from when he first emerged (a thing that I wouldn't have believed he's capable off), but that's not saying much. The best of him I've seen so far was in the World Cup where he has actually been pretty decent, but still not completely in place.

So why is that he is actually playing for the strongest national team and club in the world? Here are the answers:

Spain.

1) Relationships - his family is rather influential inside the setup and can help him get into it.

2) Del Bosque's tactics - he pretty much always uses between 3 tactics during his career and it always involves a DM. He usually uses the best one he has and in a sense, Busquets fits that a bit. However, remember the 2008 Spain? Pretty much same formation and tactics and mostly same players, but Senna was playing instead of Busquets. Why is that this Spain would utterly destroy any team in play and do so with a fashion and the one with Busquets seems to be lacking something?

Barcelona.

1) He's Catalan (product of their youth system) - they will always be preffered to non-Catalan players (Unless you're a certain Dutch or Argentinian player, but those were brought up through Cantera, so they technically count)

2) Guardiola's favouritism - do you honestly believe that without it he would have made where he is? Pay attention also that a season when Barca won sextuple, Busquets wasn't one the main players (starting XI).

Admittedly, I've not be able to watch any matches for 3 weeks now, but unless something magical happened to him, these arguments still stand.

ThaT's him!!! That is why Mascherano that has a bad passing and tackling skill have to play substitute. AND i am not sure how SM will rate a World cup champions' date=' but he will get 92 no doubt, but IMO 93/94 is more suitable. My first thought of this thread title is busquet should get a higher rating, he is very consistent player so no way and no reason he drop.[/quote']

Has it ever occurred to you that Mascherano just came to a new team and needs some time to adjust? Maybe, also, just maybe, you have ever thought that one of the best DM's in one country doesn't necessarily stay the same player in the other? Furthermore, there are some other factors that aren't influenced by Mascherano and he can't do anything about it.

Exactly' date=' i really do not understand all this busquets hate[/quote']

Hate? From what I can see, everyone is in love with him. It would be nice if people could actually watch him and base their opinions on that, but since because pundits say that he's good and because he plays for Barcelona and Spain he has to be good. Oh well...

Well' date=' I've not done it because:

1) This has already been discussed quite a few times.

2) I've been rather busy and I tried to avoid writing a prolonged reply.

However, I'd say you are much more of a stereotypical fan as you quickly jump into a bandwagon without most likely even watching enough. There aren't many people in this forum that follow La Liga more than I do (if any), so I do have a solid basis for my opinion and from what I've read, you do not. How unexpected :)

You should know me more than that, Fercasti. You've seen me writing countless of times that attackers and flair players are overrated and most of the time they aren't the basis of the strong, winning teams. They're the mere outside of the Sculpture that everyone admires.

I do not mind giving where credit is due and Zanetti with Cambiasso are true heroes even though they aren't grabbing the headlines. Redondo, Makelele - those were the warriors that helped their teams to success while not getting that much credit (just like other countless examples that I will not mention). However, Busquets is not one of them.

First, let me go through why I don't rate him personally:

1. He is constantly out muscled by a smaller, weaker players. That should never happen to a good DM, let alone all the time.
  2. While his role is primary just distribute the balls from the back, his distribution pretty much ends up as being a back-pass to Pique/Puyol and at rate rather occasions Xavi/Iniesta/Keita. There are lots of DM's who not only are completely solid and reliable at the back, but can also contribute to the flow to the game (Senna). Busquets, however, can not.
  3. If he's about to lose the ball, he will dive. A really poor example of professionalism.
  4. He's not a good keeper of the ball and under the pressure, is rather prone to lose it himself or misplace a pass.
    Don't get me wrong - he's not completely useless (as I probably would have said the same time last year), but he's still not good enough. He has actually improved from when he first emerged (a thing that I wouldn't have believed he's capable off), but that's not saying much. The best of him I've seen so far was in the World Cup where he has actually been pretty decent, but still not completely in place.

So why is that he is actually playing for the strongest national team and club in the world? Here are the answers:

Spain.

1) Relationships - his family is rather influential inside the setup and can help him get into it.

2) Del Bosque's tactics - he pretty much always uses between 3 tactics during his career and it always involves a DM. He usually uses the best one he has and in a sense, Busquets fits that a bit. However, remember the 2008 Spain? Pretty much same formation and tactics and mostly same players, but Senna was playing instead of Busquets. Why is that this Spain would utterly destroy any team in play and do so with a fashion and the one with Busquets seems to be lacking something?

Barcelona.

1) He's Catalan (product of their youth system) - they will always be preffered to non-Catalan players (Unless you're a certain Dutch or Argentinian player, but those were brought up through Cantera, so they technically count)

2) Guardiola's favouritism - do you honestly believe that without it he would have made where he is? Pay attention also that a season when Barca won sextuple, Busquets wasn't one the main players (starting XI).

Admittedly, I've not be able to watch any matches for 3 weeks now, but unless something magical happened to him, these arguments still stand.

Has it ever occurred to you that Mascherano just came to a new team and needs some time to adjust? Maybe, also, just maybe, you have ever thought that one of the best DM's in one country doesn't necessarily stay the same player in the other? Furthermore, there are some other factors that aren't influenced by Mascherano and he can't do anything about it.

Hate? From what I can see, everyone is in love with him. It would be nice if people could actually watch him and base their opinions on that, but since because pundits say that he's good and because he plays for Barcelona and Spain he has to be good. Oh well...

Whether you agree or disagree, reckon this is a cracking post personally :)

In my own personal opinion I think you are slightly harsh on Busquets. I do not rate him in the bracket of Barcelona standard but I do not think he is as bad as you perhaps make out. I have not scrolled through the entire thread so forgive me if you have already mentioned it or answered this question, what rating would you put him at? Better still, what sort of team would Busquets in your own opinion fit into in terms of stature or current form?

My own thoughts are 90....just :)

Whether you agree or disagree' date=' reckon this is a cracking post personally :)

In my own personal opinion I think you are slightly harsh on Busquets. I do not rate him in the bracket of Barcelona standard but I do not think he is as bad as you perhaps make out. I have not scrolled through the entire thread so forgive me if you have already mentioned it or answered this question, what rating would you put him at? Better still, what sort of team would Busquets in your own opinion fit into in terms of stature or current form?

My own thoughts are 90....just :)[/quote']

Thanks for the compliment.

Well, as I said, I'm not saying that he's totally useless and he could probably do his job in a smaller club. Also, we shouldn't forget that he's still young and that he may develop into a good player, although for now my personal opinion that he's between 87-89 (88 would be the fairest). However, since we know the way the SM rate and if we go only by that, 90 or 91 is fair.

You should know me more than that' date=' Fercasti. You've seen me writing countless of times that attackers and flair players are overrated and most of the time they aren't the basis of the strong, winning teams. They're the mere outside of the Sculpture that everyone admires.

[/quote']

I tried to say that in a sarcastic way, just add :rolleyes:

If you make wonderful but USELESS tricks people likes you, simple.

i heard some says Busquests is better than Fletcher

i better go kill myself

Fletcher has no competition at Man U tbh, he wouldn't be a starter in Madrid, Chelsea, Barca, Inter or Milan, trust me...

I tried to say that in a sarcastic way' date=' just add :rolleyes:

If you make wonderful but USELESS tricks people likes you, simple.[/quote']

Lol, then I completely agree. Even if those tricks aren't useless, a lot of times it gets you above your actual abilities and people starting singing praises all over even if you're not what drives the team forwards (even Messi can be used as an example).

Ahh Tom I wished I hadnt repped you earlier for the Tino Costa help because your last few posts deserve rep lol, you are absolutely correct about Busquets its all people jumping on the bandwagon "OMG did you see the new Barcelona DM, he must be amazing he is playing for Barca" thats how I felt alot of people who supposedly watch football have reacted to him. I'm not saying he is the worst player in the world but he is overrated because he plays with one of the best teams in the world.

Saying this I might be being biased guys as Busquets absolutely disgusts me to the point where I sometimes need to switch the channel. If I wanted to see some guy over 6 foot roll around on his back because someone ****** near him then I would watch eye for straight guy or something. Busquets is the feeblest tall DM I have ever seen, as I stated on another post he spends more time on the deck whining about nothing than on his feet playing the game, He is a Midfield enforcer who lacks any sort of fight, and I like my DMs to be in the mold of keane, not play dough! :P

Sooooo since we are all living in a fantasy land here I shall throw up a hypothetical too. I see alot of comments saying, Mascherano is 94 and Busquets is keeping him out of the team, hence he shoud rise drastically.

Lets say I agree with this view point for a minute: The CMs in the EPL team of the year this year consisted of Cesc and Fletcher. This would mean that Fletcher kept out Chelsea goal scoring CM Frank Lampard, also Liverpools captain and CM Stevie G, therefore Fletch must rise to 95 because he's obviously better than those two as there not in the team of the year, he is! :eek::confused::P

Now I'm not saying busquets wont rise he obviously will as he is starting for one of the best teams in the world. I am merely saying that everyones rational for a rise is crazy lol. Plus if Busquets played in any other league he would look rediculous, can you imagine busquets Vs Stoke or Bolton, or a bag of Kittens?? He would get tore apart and be lieing on the ground feining injury like usual! Again I know he wil rise I just dont like the guy!