Sign in to follow this  
Arfon

World Championship 10000 Match Reports/Transfer News

Re: World Championship 10000 Match Reports/Transfer News

Lombaerts and Denisov on Sevilla's Transfer Hitlist

Sevilla are involved in negotiations with Zenit, enquiring into a possible double deal. Sevilla Manager was rumoured to be scouting him for many months as a deal seems mire realistic now.

Lombaerts is set to join Sevilla in exchange for Navarro. After the deal is complated Igor Denisov will join the spanish giants for 14 mill.

These rumours invloving Zenit and Sevilla come day after Marchisio failed a medical and was sent back to Juventus

20081125dasdasftb_28.jpg3989_200x250.jpg

Nicholas Lomaerts----------------Igor Denisov

Christian Maggio Completes "Dream" Move to Sevilla.

Only days after Marchisio failed a medical, Sevilla have pounced on Napoli's Maggio. The deal is said to be in the region of 18M. Maggio has described the transfer as unbielevable and a dream come true. This what the Sevilla Manager had to say.

"Got my man, he has passed a medical. No worries there. He is a man i can rely on and with Hamsik will dominate. Oh Boy, cant wait to see this star play for Sevilla. He will play in the friendly tommorow, where he will show the fans what a force he is. Sevilla are title contendors."

ChristianMAGGIO.jpg

Sevilla also confirmed on there websit that Zenit superstars Lombaerts and Igor Denisov will shortly join the team, as Konko and Navarro head the list of Departures.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl2LFy7KeCpXKEJSO3OEpSgpYXLj4iqer14tRF66CO0Zc9AD0&t=1&usg=__wM-8Kcx8oILMwaRkGtHee4g0f00=

Inter 1 - 1 Shakhtar

Pandev 76 - Adriano 57

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqwPo5xcjAEzDkp-XfgcCdUWiisqPiy9kU76ISL8UYRmX0DXo&t=1&usg=__Hhp6X_y5CTkMciND2wMY-yYXLX0=

Luiz Adriano Shakhtar's Hero

A very evenly contested game was fought out in front of the fans at the Giuseppe Meazza where neither Inter or Shakhtar had the clinical finishing to obtain all three points. The first half showed the defensive abilities of both teams where both keepers pulled off strings of fine saves to deny the attackers any glory. The referee kept the game flowing through out the first half only stopping the game once to book Marcelo for a stupid challenge on Adriano.

Half Time 0 - 0.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReyASnobDymCb22kqqUlxq7F4dwY3bvA4p2XrH-IsCklUoqeY&t=1&usg=__dU0l5H2aSp7yrXp9Md57NYWQhVU=

MOM Pandev Keeps On Scoring.

At the beginning of the second half Inter looked more in control of the game and wanted to get the early goal but Shakhtar continued their great form defensively and denied Inter every opportunity to get in front. Cambiasso was booked early on in the 49th min after violent conduct. Shakhtar finally roke the deadlock in the 57th min when Luiz Adriano scored an excellent header in which Julio Cesar had no chance in saving. 0 - 1.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZjSnnT4MiqsF154Ja_iLQApzREJ9ouniRsFm1_zIU6oFoW04&t=1&usg=__8TxZBVSvaY_5e-c1REXvVivV2ns=

Andrey Pyatov Keeps Shakhtar In The Game.

Inter pushed on even more and were in danger of leaving their defence short but they needed to get back into the game, it was all Inter now as Shakhtar looked to shut u shop and try to hang onto the one goal advantage. Zokora was booked on the hour mark as he tried to stop another Inter attack. As Inter continued to push the Shakhtar defence it was not long until their moment to equalise was upon them. In the 76th min Pandv ran onto a delightful through ball by Lucio and struck the ball into the top corner.

Final Score 1 - 1.

MOM - Pandev

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCWewILPoPFwBvOL-U5Zw4ETt1h8y67SQrOI5QK_4WlJFOgcE&t=1&usg=__mCbLVk9qzK9ezdGL1DEPn6_CBxs=

Kaka Applauds The Crowd For Their Support.

CAMILA: Well, I must admit I am not overly impressed with the scoreline but I must say Shakhtar proved to be a top class opposition and I was impressed with both teams defensive abilities and how my team kept their shape and fought back to get the all important equaliser. I thought Pyatov in particular was excellent and I hope I do not have to face players like him week in week out. Next up for me is the National team as we take on Mali, but straight after I will be heading to Villarreal with Inter looking to get three more points.

Season Stats:

Goalscorers:

Pandev 4

Sandro 2

Milito 1

Baptista 1

Marcelo 1

Assists:

Kaka 2

Eto'inho 2

Lucio 2

Mancini 1

Milito 1

Baptista 1

Man of the Match:

Milito 2

Sandro 1

Pandev 1

Yellow Cards:

Motta 1

Dani Alves 1

Zanetti 1

Pandev 1

Marcelo 1

Cambiasso 1

Red Cards:

Maicon 1

Injuries:

Tense affair at the Camp Nou ends all square

barca.jpg

Barcelona 0 - 0 Liverpool

Tension played the biggest part of this early season encounter. Liverpool came to Barcelona undefeated, but still to win, and Barcelona were smarting from two consecutive defeats in Russia.

Just over a week ago, these two sides met in a friendly, which ended all square, so our money was on another draw. Some of the pundits in the WC news thought that Liverpool were going to walk away with their first three points of the season in the league, but it just wasn't to be the case.

In the full 90 minutes there were only six shots on target, Barcelona only managing two, despite playing the more attacking football, however they did just edge it in the possession stakes.

the only real moments of note were Messi's uncharacteristic missing of an open goal after 8 minutes, Meirles going one on one with Valdes but clipping the post, and then in the 87th minute with the Catalan fans baying for blood Stankovic crashed a valley towards the goal that beat Reina, but came back off the post.

both sides ended the game feeling as if they could have sneaked the win, but all in all, a draw seemed a fair outcome.

Manchester United Transfer News

We sold Michael Owen to Aston Villa for £7.5M. We recalled Javier Hernandez from his loan spell at Aston Villa to take Owen's place in the first team squad. I was happy to sell him at that price as I already had plans for how we were going to spend the cash. Michael Owen was always going to leave Old Trafford at some point this season.

Owen Hargreaves was also sold. He joined Roma for £9.75M. This guy has really made me think over the last couple of weeks. He's an absolute quality player when he's fit but we haven't seen that for some time due to injury. He's due to get some game time shortly but I believe keeping him would be a gamble. If his comeback was to fail the chances are he could retire at the end of the season.

In the end I deceided to let another manager take that gamble.The decision to sell was made a little easier by the fact that we already have a long term replacement for Owen Hargreaves in Jack Rodwell who we purchased from Everton for £15M at the start of the season.

The Goalkeeper Saga

Michael Owen was sold for an important reason. I wanted to use the funds to purchase a goalkeeper who has the potential to take over from Edwin Van Der Saar when he retires. That could happen in 2 SM seasons. I had a shortlist of 3 players that were available at external clubs. Listed in order of preferance:

1.Emiliano Viviano

2.Tobias Sippel

3.Diego Alves

Emiliano Viviano was by far my first choice. I had been trying to sign him since a few days from the start of the season but my chairman wouldn't allow us to make a bid. Bologna valued him at £7.11M and my chairman valued him at £7.12M. With the bidding increments available I could only bid £7.1M which didn't match Bologna's asking price or £7.125M which was £5,000 more than my chairman would allow. My chairman wouldn't allow me to trade players either to signing him was impossible. I decided to wait before making a decision on who to buy.

Then in the last few days the SMFA made a change to the transfer system. We are now able to bid exact amounts down to the thousand. This change made it possible for us to make a bid for our prime target, Emiliano Viviano. But first I needed to sell, so Michael Owen left for Aston Villa.

Soon after placing our bid for Emiliano Viviano Aston Villa came in for him. I was devastated to be honest. The maximum I could bid was £7.12M, just £10,000 over his asking price. It was so ironic that the club who gave us the required funds to buy Viviano would come in for him as well.

There was nothing we could do. So instead we moved on to our second target. Kaiserslautern's Tobias Sippel. Besiktas had already made a bid for him. My chairman would only allow us to match Kaiserslauterns minimum asking price and once again part exchange was impossible. I made the minimum bid anyway just in case Besiktas changed their mind.

Soon after making the bid the Besiktas manager got in touch. He offered to let me buy Tobias Sippel so long as I agreed to send him to Besiktas on loan for the season. At first I agreed and also offered Besiktas the chance to loan Sippel or Kusczak (whichever he prefered) in season 2 as part of the agreement.

But the more I thought about it the more wrong it became. Besiktas bid for Sippel first and would have beat us to signing him regardless. They needed him more than we did right now. So I contacted the Besiktas manager and informed him that I was to withdraw my bid and that he should have the player instead. It was only fair.

So now I had to move on to my third target, Diego Alves. He would cost much more to sign. Although Michael Owen was already sold I needed to make sure we brought enough cash in from the sale of Owen Hargreaves. Not only to sign Diego Alves but also to purchase a new defensive midfielder to fill Owen Hargreaves space in the squad.

We had already received a bid of £8M from Aston Villa but that would have left us a little short. Worse case scenario would have been to find a cheaper defensive midfielder. So we advertised the availability of Owen Hargreaves one last time and received the £9.75M bid from Roma. I was delighted.

The bid for Diego Alves was placed and I was fairly happy at this point. Later that night the Owen Hargreaves transfer to Roma was completed. I decided to have a look at Emiliano Viviano just to see if Aston Villa still had their bid in for him.

They did, but I also noticed that with the extra funds in our account my chairman was happy to pay a little more for Viviano than he was previously. So we placed a bid of just over £7.8M and kept our fingers crossed. I had told the Aston Villa manager that I couldn't increase my offer for Viviano whilst we were discussing the availabilty of Owen Hargreaves. Maybe Aston Villa's bid wasn't too much over the asking price?

Today the fantastic news was received. Our bid for Emiliano Viviano had been accepted. With this being the case we no longer needed Diego Alves so we cancelled that bid and opened a cold beer to celebrate. I'm absolutely delighted to bring Viviano to Old Trafford. He has the ability and potential to become one of the best goal keepers in the world.

When Emiliano Viviano completed his move to Manchester United he will be available for a season long loan deal. Besiktas have first option ;)

Manchester United Sign Ghanaian International Midfielder

We also received news today that our £8M bid for defensive midfielder Anthony Annan has been accepted. Like a lot of us I was really impressed with his performances at the World Cup in the summer. Hopefully his career will progress in the right way over the next 12-18 months.

Huntelaar Brace wins it for Sevilla

2 goals from Huntelaar and a goal from Hazard ensured Sevilla won a friendly against Napoli. The match was over by Half time as the 3-1 scoreline wasnt affected in the second half.

The 15 Million Pound man, Huntelaar scored in the opening minute as he crashed in a rebound. Hamsik continued to weave his magic in the midfield as he orchetrated all the attacks. Hazard then scored a beautiful lob to make it 2-0.

C park, Napoli's summer signing, then scored in the 27th minute to close the gap. But any hopes of a Napoli revival were dashed when huntelaar scored a beautiful long range effort that went top left corner.

the second half started slower than the first. After realising Sevilla were in control, manager Shehan De Kariyak instructed players the hold up play. Sevilla maintained posession well as they ran out 3-1 winners in the end.

Maggio and Hamsik both impressed against thier formaer club and say the made the right choice by moving.

huntelaar-02.jpg

Huntelaar scores his 2nd of the Night.

**After the Game (Interviews):**

JoseMourinho1.jpg Manager Shehan De Kariyak:

"My players do it again. Before every match I tell my players they have a job to do. And after every game they do exactly that. Im a very proud manager at the moment. Let see if we can replicated this form against Atletico Madrid."

christian_maggio?pad=1&maxheight=110&mode=fillcropmid&maxwidth=110Chritian Maggio:

"Yes, my first game in a Sevilla shirt and my first win. Couldnt have wished for a better start. I am pleased with my efforst but am sure I can offer more. Shehan brings so much to the team as a amanager and I know he will get the best out of us."

13512_1251293266.jpgMarek Hamsik:

"Glad we won, expect many more wins to come. Very thankful to Sevilla for buying my mate Maggio. I will play well with him as we know each others game. I really believe we are title contendors. But only the future will tell"

International Group Game 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRFhQbxZZqur9AYtMfTyqGC6qsdlbAvKY0wIw1oPWbCdWN5_w&t=1&usg=__Y3-BY42M7M2Hef5bbtv-cfPQ4vE=

Mali 1 - 5 Brazil

Keita 12 - Fabiano 2, Maicon 18, Kaka 52, Pato 61, Robinho 82.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTPB8eIWFxMu4zet1JWEwVARFoVC0mOb04f961DFwBB6-IpGs&t=1&usg=__eM1KxEjCy-HY8W1SsdSo4LF5Kpc=

MOM Kaka and Robinho Celebrating Brazil's Win.

Camila's second game in charge of Brazil was a triumphant one with a fine 1 - 5 win over Mali. Brazil dominated right from the off and within 120 seconds Fabiano linked up well with Kaka and split open the Mali defence for Fabiano to rifle a shot in off the woodwork. 0 - 1. The next fifteen minutes saw end to end football and it was Mali who equalised in only the 12th min through their star player Keita. 1 - 1. Again though Brazil continued to attack and Maicon in the 18th min scored a real poachers goal after a long range shot from Ronaldinho was parried by the Mali stopper. 1 - 2. Mali tried to get back into the game on the counter attack but the solid defence of Brazil denied them. Half Time 1 - 2.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAMsJsfHWG2WvkE8a4cOlDI3teMH4okbY9DHBhvZuAO462hk0&t=1&usg=__9lR5z6i17--NGOvUpm2nym2-YQw=

Maicon Enjoying His Poachers Goal.

Brazil flew out of the traps in the second half and presses Mali's defence continuously, it took Brazil until the 52nd min when there was a scramble in the Mali 6 yard box and Kaka was n hand to bundle he ball over the line. 1 - 3. Within ten mins just over the hour mark Pato nods home a beautiful cross to take the score to 1 - 4.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgsEwR1TK_O9dUx5sAY3fYL9b9g29UfCwjK7j6L-afqJ2Z3Ps&t=1&usg=__Bvo08sP1xPKeRVAf09vSdCkeNoI=

Pato Celebrating his Fantastic Header.

After only a hour into the game and Brazil 1 - 4 to the good controlled the midfield game and passed the ball around picking out weaknesses in the Mali defence. It was down the wngs that Mali's true weakness lied and again some magnificent wing play by Maicon turned in a stunning cross in which all Robinho had to nod the ball home on the 81 st min. Final Score 1 - 5

MOM KAKA

CAMILA: Another great win for my Brazil, I like the fans are ecstatic with the last two results and our qualifying campaign is going the way I had planned. Kaka our captain, our man again shows his talent by picking up MOM. He is truly World-Class and continues his fine form as the rest of the players showed Brazil look stronger and stronger each game.

Hazard Strike seals it for Sevilla

A wonderful individual goal by Hazard helped see Sevilla through against Atletico Madrid, in the Spanish derby. Hazard was played through by Denisov in the 16th minute who then dummied the keeper and placed it home. The win now put Sevilla in 4th place only 2 points behind leaders Arsenal.

The match started relatively quite as possession remained even for the rest of the half. As usual Hasmik was energetic as Densiov, in his first Division1 debut, was highly productive. He provided the assist for the goal and created numerous other chances. He then also picked up a yellow card. At the break the score remained 1-0.

The second half saw Atletico step up a gear, as they fired a dozen shots. Keeper Palop did well to save them all, as he kept Sevilla in the macth. Hamisk also picked up a yelloe card for time wasteing. Atletico Madrid piled on much pressure but could not find a way to break Sevill's firm defence. Madrid dominated possesion and shots on Target as full time arrived, as Sevilla ran out 1-0 Victors.

858159_w2.jpg

Eden Hazard scores the winner.

PLAYER RATINGS

Palop-7

Maggio- 7

Lombaerts- 6

Terry- 7

Alexis- 8

Denisov- 7

Navas- 7

Affelay- 7

Huntelaar- 8

Hamsik- 7

Hazard- 8 (MoM)

AFTER MATCH (INTERVIEWS)

Shehan De Kariyak:

?module=images&func=display&fileId=L2hvbWUveGNvcmUvY29zbW9wb2xpdGFuL3hjb3Ntb3BvbGl0YW4veGFyYXlhcmVzaXplZC84ZTQyNmUzNjIwZjdmZTExMTg1ZmMxYjY4OTU4ODU3Ny1hOTFlNzQ5ZDEwMjdiNjY3MWE3MjY5YWU5MDlmNGE2ZC5qcGc=

"Proud of my boys. Scoreline in the end wasnt flash, but a win is a win. Back to training tommorw as we plan to win tommorow in a friendly against Lille. We are a great side, but we are always improving. We will be stringer next week as we are now title underdogs."

Hazard:

32924_1274542384.jpg

"Great game. We all played well and there was no standout. If we can do this week in a and week out, then w'ell win every game. Im glad to be in a team of quality. The manager always knows what I want. My English isnt too flash, but i have Lombaerts and Vossen helping me out. Thats what a manager like Shehan De Kariyak can do for me. Its an honour to play under him.

Sevilla Team Photo taken Last Night against Atletico Madrid

610x2copy.jpg

Photos will cost $9.95 with P&H.

Photo with Signatures will cost $109.95.

**This is a priceless Memorablia. Be Quick to Order.**

Division 1 - League Game 5.

200px-Internazionale.svg.png

Villarreal 0 - 1 Inter

Milito 21.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyqPGmUR9PY-F7ocU-jtYL1lnTYhqBxuQvzXVMLQ1gZM3w8QA&t=1&usg=__Xsex-p6PKP7ZnzMjgjl_7q_q1vs=

MOM Kaka

A very even game played at El Madrigal saw Villarreal and Inter battle the entire game to try and get a result. The first half started with Inter attacking the Villarrreal defence but were unable to get past the commanding figure of Diego Lopez. That was until the 21st min when in-between two yellow cards for Inter, Lucio and Cambiasso, Milito takes advantage of the lack of communication in the Villarreal's defence and burst through to put Inter into to lead. 0 - 1. Both teams continued to press and counter each other but were both unable to break don their defences.

Half Time 0 - 1.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDZBgZhP9aWxHnYmhCQzaE-ONuAaH4o9ABnVEhIN1_KLnUctY&t=1&usg=__k3RkdFzliXWuIjGY6UrLYrkzJQ0=

Milito Is Overjoyed With His Goal.

Villarreal could not have wished for a better start in the second half when Marcelo out of nowhere head-butted Santi Cazorla on the 46th min, the ref had no choice but to send him off with a straight red card. Inter now down to ten men tightened their midfield to protect their defence even more and only attacked on the counter. Villarreal had the numerical advantage but were still unable to see the equaliser past Julio Cesar.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpwLFuiO7fx31K3EkNM_2Iuxqr3jBfclwvw3Pxp5qymbvlcFk&t=1&usg=__kf1UJAdXmvck3Sj_QmIn-82a7Rk=

Marcelo Sees Red.

Villarreal kept attacking the Inter defence but their persistence did not pay off as the frustration was showing through the team as Senna seen yellow for raising his arms at Kaka. Inter now with control of the midfield game seen the 0 - 1 scoreline through to the 90th min. Final score 0 - 1.

MOM Kaka

CAMILA:

Very very proud of the lads today as this was a very tough game which was not helped by the silly irresponsible sending off of Marcelo, I will be talking to him to find out what caused his rash reaction and he will be punished accordingly.

On the result though absolutely fantastic a 1 - 0 away victory and another outstanding performance by Kaka. Now in 2nd place I am very happy and I am looking forward to the next game in the SMFA Champions Cup away to Zenit.

Season Stats:

Goalscorers:

Pandev 4

Sandro 2

Milito 2

Baptista 1

Marcelo 1

Assists:

Kaka 3

Eto'inho 2

Lucio 2

Mancini 1

Milito 1

Baptista 1

Man of the Match:

Milito 2

Kaka 1

Sandro 1

Pandev 1

Yellow Cards:

Cambiasso 2

Lucio 1

Motta 1

Dani Alves 1

Zanetti 1

Pandev 1

Marcelo 1

Red Cards:

Maicon 1

Marcelo 1

Injuries:

Sevilla's Winter Transfers Almost Completed.

Sevilla's Successful Winter Transfer campaign is now at a conclusion. After Buying many hot Prospects in Europe and Asia, Sevilla have now confirmed via their website that they intend to wrap up the last few transfer tonight.

Sevilla have brought in the likes of:

Hamsik, Terry, Hazard, Maggio , Afellay, Denisov and Klass-Jan Huntelaar.

Sevilla Manager Shehan De Kariyak said:

"Im certainly happy with the transfer. I have picked up some of the finest talents in Europe who are on the verge of a rating rise. Im particularly happy with Hamsik and Afellay. Both have performed for their respective clubs and are proving to be goal scoring midfielder. What more, is that they are both capped internationally. Ive also invested in top-notch youth. Usami and Juanmi in particular caught my eye when i scouted them a long time ago. I picke them up and hope they can break into the first team. Right now im concentrated on tommorws fixture against Juventus."

Sevilla will go in as favourites in tommorows fixture against Juventus. It will sure be an intense match as Sevilla are tipped to man-mark Marchisio, who turned his back on a move to Sevilla.

Sevilla's Probable Lineup:

2944_1209755861.jpg

PALOP

31945_124040654291888_100000578634158_219189_6614405_s.jpg----14729_1274784577.jpg----455_1268725843.jpg----11513_1273858808.jpg

MAGGIO----------------ALEXIS-----------------TERRY-----------------LOMBAERTS

igor-denisov-120x120-en.jpg?1221186292---------------------3201_1278261385.jpg

DENISOV-----------------------AFELLAY

2958_1277262864.jpg--------------13512_1251293266.jpg-----------32924_1274542384.jpg

NAVAS-------------------------HAMSIK----------------------HAZARD

3242_1283434423.jpg

HUNTELAAR

ROMA 3-1 Zenit

Roma pick up their first win of the season.

After 7 games, Roma have finally broken their league duck, after victory at home to Zenit. With the threat of being bottom of the table at the end of the night, it was clear that the players wanted to prove a point, and this was shown as Roma hit the bar and had an effort cleared of the line, all thanks to brilliant work from Shay Given. However it wwas Zenit who took the lead after 25 minutes. Sergei Semak scored a beautifully taken goal to give the visitors the lead. But Roma stormed forward from the restart forcing a corner. And this resulted in their equiliser through Sulley Muntari, and that was the end of the scoring in the first half.

Roma then came out of the blocks once again, and with only 5 minutes of the 2nd half played Sulley Muntari doubled his tally after rounding keeper Given to give Roma the lead. Roma would then secure all 3 points as captain Francesco Totti notched his 3rd goal of the league season after poor defending allowed him in.

So a massive relief for Roma boss Robinson, and also for the players. The win lifts a monkey off their backs and it is time for them to push on for the rest of the upcoming season.

44_front_small.png2_1202957170.gif1_front_small.png

Owen delight with goal against Liverpool

68a08f190d3c8bf2a5c1140ca07b_grande.jpg

Aston Villa travelled to Anfield last night to take on Liverpool in the SMFA Cup and former fan favourite Michael Owen, now Aston Villa's frontman tucked away a controversial penalty. Owen was very pleased with his goal, he admitted the boos from the Kop spurred him on to score a goal and once he got slotted home a penalty in the first half he kissed the Aston Villa badge. Owen's penalty came from a tackle from Joe Cole as Liverpool played their second string whilst Villa boss Mr. Walshe put out his fittest team available to him. The game ended as a 3-3 thriller with Owen amongst the scorers but it was Dirk Kuyt who stole the show as he played a terriffic game up front. Owen continuously caused Liverpool's backline diffaculties as he showed glimpses of the player he once was. Owen is at Villa trying to rebuild his career after a tough time with injuries and is grateful for the chance given to him by manager Mr. Walshe

Guest Villa888

NAPOLI MANAGER HITS OUT AT PAOK

The Napoli manager has had some things to say about the poor sportsmanship from PAOK.

What kind of **** game are they playing? They make the Greek teams look absolutely terrible. They have 4 players suspended, 1 coming from this game where their player deliberately kicked out at one of my own.

Not only did he speak out about the unsportsmanlike conduct but the style too:

I get it, PAOK aren't a big team, they have some talent but they're not a strong team and when they come up against better opposition, they'll play a defensive style, but it's gone too far. When you play Very Defensively and are making Hard tackles, that's always going to end in an injury and/or red cards. The fact they sat back most of the game irritates the **** out of me. I don't expect them to attack but keeping 11 men behind the ball is absolute nonsense. I mean we're another Division 4 team, it's not like he came up against Inter Milan or Manchester United and while we are a big club, we're not a super power type club. The style they play and in every tackle they go to hurt a player has got to stop. I 100 percent think we were absolutely lucky to get away without one injury. The manager is a poor man with horrible tactics. They even had 2 red cards against another Italian team in their game. It's become a joke.

Late strike gives Sevilla the win.

An 86th minute strike from key man Marek Hamsik, handed a win to the spanish giants. The strike was an absolute stunner as keeper Lopez was dumbfounded.

Villareals key man going into the match were Farfan and Nilmar. However they failed to fire as Farfan swa red in the opening stage of the 2nd half. It was a very tough and ingruling contest as 5 cards were shown during the match.

Sevilla completely dominated possession as they had 20 shots in total, with half of those on target. THe match was looking to head into a dull draw until Hamsik pulled a goal out of nowhere. Hard simply passed it to him 40 yards for the box and Hamsik had a shot which went in. This is how the commentary described it:

GOAL!! - An amazing goal by Marek HAMSIK! The keeper had no chance! Were running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire!

bbe6ba719c5829cced2f2a16e20a-grande.jpg

The Match ended with a win to Sevilla which puts them 6th on the Divison 1 table. After tonights performance Sevilla Manager Shehan De Kariyak said:

"Ohh..., I was on the edge of my seat. I was sh*tting myself. I couldnt afford another draw. Then Hamsik carmly slots one in from 40 YARDS!!! Oh I how I will never regret bringing him in. He has been a revelation this year. We have a tough one coming up. Manchester UTD. I feel we have the talent to break them down."

Maggio wil be out of the trip to Old Trafford, after he suffered a broken Rib. Pjanic is 2 weeks away from a return.

thePalmeirasFanzine.jpg

FOSTER & CACARES on loan to PALMEIRAS

PALMEIRAS have managed to sign BEN FOSTER & MARTIN CACARES on LOAN.

Both players will be good for Palmeiras as their new manager - craig Braidwood - makes changes.

BEN FOSTER (GK 88) on loan from SAO PAULO and MARTIN CACARES (DEF 89)on loan from BARCELONA should help Palmeiras at the back.

Villa has a hand in 5

david-villa-benitez-crouch-replacement-415x275.jpg

Barcelona's hitman David Villa was on fire on Wednesday night, scoring three and assisting the other two in the Catalan giants 5-2 drubbing of Athletico in the Spanish derby.

Barcelona's early season form had many wondering what had happened since the shock departure of Pep guardiola, but Villa had this to say...

It's taken us a few games to find our feet under the new manager, his style is very different to what we were used to, and a couple of defeats were to be expected. We seem to have finally gelled as a unit with the new players he brought in, and things are going well. Morale is high through the camp, and we are confident we can be right up there at the end of the season.

Villa's treble takes him onto 6 league goals for the season, with a further six assists to boot!

thePalmeirasFanzine.jpg

NONDA joins PALMEIRAS

Free Agent SHABANI NONDA has joined PALMEIRAS for £2.9m

The experienced CF should be a good addition and will be put into the first team for the next match.

The PF interviewed Palmeiras manager - craig braidwood - on behalf of the fans.

craig replied."We purchased an experienced CF to give us options to score more goals and NONDA should fit the bill. We will be strengthening our defence more after recently getting FOSTER & CACARES on loan".

NAPOLI MANAGER HITS OUT AT PAOK

The Napoli manager has had some things to say about the poor sportsmanship from PAOK.

Not only did he speak out about the unsportsmanlike conduct but the style too:

PAOK's new manager apoligises to fellow managers

The newly appointed PAOK manager Angus Taylor has apoligised to fellows managers for his players poor dicipline. This is what he had to say:

"I have spoken to my players about their conduct on the pitch, i have made it clear that i personaly will punish bad tacles made by my players. I have been very unhappy with the preivius managers attitude towards tackling and hope to put it right in my time"

PAOK sign Bongani KHUMALO

PAOK have signed Supersport Uniteds Bongani Khumalo. The 23 year old has been in impressive form this season and has been called up to play for South Africa. Khumalo was bought in a swap deal with Olivier Sorlin. Khumalo was "delighted" with the move and says he hoped to be part of a great team.

This is what PAOK's new manager had to say:

"I am very pleased with my first buy at this club. I was horrified with Sorlin's suspention and thought that it was time the 31 year old was replaced with a younger player"

Sevilla Outclass Manchester UTD

Scholes 55'

Navas 59'

Denisov 65'

Sevilla%2BLogo.jpg

Sevilla have grasped yet another victory in Divison 1, putting them up to 4th spot overall, and in UCL qualification zone. It took a goal by Denisov in the 65th minute to secure the match.

Sevilla started the game as underdogs. Beating Manchester United would always be a tough task, but at Old trafford, would be near impossible.

The Match started poorly for United, as Ferdinand picked up a yellow Card early on. carrick tried to inspire his team mates, but on encouraged Huntelaar to pick up his game. The first have passed by raltively quietly has both keepers produced a string of saves to give thier teams a hope. Darren Flatchers woderful shot was saved by Palop in the 38th minuted as the half ended with a yellow card to Luis Nani. The score at HT was 0-0.

Darren-Fletcher.jpg

Darren Fletcher comes close...But not close enough

The second half was far more lively. Van Der Sar was tested early as Carrick was booked for dangerous play. The Deadlock was broken By Paul Scholes in the 55th minute.

Gary_1180454w.jpg

Scholes sharing some love..after breaking the deadlock with a wonderful goal.

However 2 goals in 6 minutes from Sevilla blew the game in thier favour. Goals from Navas in the 59th and Densiov in the 65th all but ensure a thrilling climax.

rangzenit6G_468x309.jpg

Denisov brings all 3 points to Sevilla, with a hammering strike!

The game was turned on its head in the final 10 minutes. Nani's movement was horrifying Sevilla's defenders and thier away fans. Nani cam close to equalising however Palop saves bravely to deny the goal.

Full Time had arrived and Sevilla ran out 2-1 winners.

INTERVIEWS

igor-denisov-120x120-en.jpg?1221186292

Igor Denisov:

"Glad I scored the winner. The match was intense and nerve-racking. But we pulled through in the end. It is an honour to be playing infront of such a crowd at old trafford. That almost 80,000 fans! Im glad I could share this moment with my team mates. We won and thats all that matters to me right now."

JoseMourinho1.jpg

Shehan De Kariyak:

"Satisfied with the result. There is no better moment than winning against Manchester United. I would rather a win against UTD, that win the lottery for a Million dollars. Not really. But anyway, a win is usually a win. But today's win is something special. My team will be rested today as a reward as they will earn some recreational time. Hopefully this will boost thier morale."

In Transfer News, Jesus Navas is rumoured to be leaving the club, in a part exchange deal involving Krasic and 12 M. The news will be updated soon.

Krasic:

...I want the Move, and so do Sevilla. I hope to play with them by next week.

thePalmeirasFanzine.jpg

PALMEIRAS 3 CELTIC 1

A fine result for PALMEIRAS.

CELTIC went down to 10 men after 1 minute. PALMEIRAS went 1-0 up when C LINCOLN scored on 18 mins. Celtic equalised after 38 mins when RIVIERE scored.

PALMEIRAS went ahead again after 55 mins when LINCOLN scored again. Then MAN OF THE MATCH - CACARES - made the points safe when he scored on 86 mins.

Sevilla Outclass Barcelona.

sevilla-logo-00923.gif

Sevilla pulled off one of the shocks of the season, beating Barcelona 2-1. Sevilla played infornt of a crowd of just less than 100,000 as Camp Nou roared for the Spanish Derby. Barcelona headed in as clear favourites, however the result in the end was a shock for both teams.

Sevilla made a change just before the match began, as Manchester city took back monongu, for no apparent reason. It all but meant sevilla were weakened at the back, and heading for a loss.

The match started off a midfield battle as quick movement denied niether team any space. However it took Messi only 4 minutes to find his touch as he sprant into the box, only to have the ball whipped off him.

Barcelona+v+Sevilla+Copa+del+Rey+ILek8FrggSVl.jpg

Messi almost makes Sevilla pay.

Pique and co. restricted Sevilla to barely any shot. Finally in the 14th minute Iniesta played a wonderful through ball to Stankovic on the right who carmly slotted home his 3rd goal of the season.

0+barcelona+sevilla+andres+iniesta+yes.jpg

Iniesta celebrates a wonderful team goal.

However Sevilla regained his touch and a few inspirational words from navas Hazard break thorugh the Barcelona defence in the 26th minute. Hazard out paced Puyol for pace and hence slotted in past Valdes

hazard-eden.jpg

Eden Hazard celbrates his solo-effort goal.

The half finished slowly has Palop made a wonderful save to deny Barcelona the lead.

The second half started much differently to the first. 2 minutes in and the Barcelona defence made a meal of what shoulve been an easy clearance. The ball cam to puyol who then passed to abidal, as that ball was intercepted by Hazard who lobed it over Valdes' head in the 47th minute. This goal meant Sevilla were up to 2-1.

EdenHazard_2144756.jpg

Hazard scores his second and the match winner.

Lionel Messi was man marked for the remainder of the match as Sevilla turned defensive in an attempt to win the match through. The tactic worked as Sevilla ended up wining the match despite relatively low shot count.

Sevilla was extremely happy with the result as they march up to 8th on the table. It is however a different story for Barcelona who climb down to 10th. Sevilla meet Zenit on Saturday

INTERVIEWS

03088_189046.jpg

"We played well as a team. I couldnt have asked for more from my team mates. We beat Barcelona at thier own game, something not many teams can do. We are title contendors as we want to win Division 1. I will do my bit for the team, as Shehan will manage us to glory."

LILLE_HAZARD.jpg

Extremely happy with my performance today. Scoring a goal is a feat, scoring 2 is amazing, but 2 goals against Barcelona!, that is simply unbelievable. Im glad we won. I made the right choice by moving to Sevilla. Yes I no, i will be moving next summer in a swap for Bale, but all i am focused now is on at Sevilla. Im sure I can play at Benfica well, but that isnt my priority.

Division 1, Match Previews and Predictions.

Fiorentina - Roma

The Derby is set to produce a massive crowd with Italian Giants, Roma and Fiorentina, clashing heads. It will be a very close match as both stand respectively 18th and 19th on the table. Both are fighting to march out of relegation zone and when honours in this thrilling Italian encounter. Roma will travel to Fiorentina. Key men for Fiorentina will be David Trezeguet, 3 goals 2 assists, and D'Agostino, 3 goals 4 assists. Roma's Key men will be the two power forwards, Totti and Drogba, who have 9 goals and 10 assists between them.

Prediction: Roma and Fiorentina will share points and will draw 2-2. Both are even in the standings and it will also finish even tonight.

Atletico Madrid - Bayern Munchen

Again another class between two team struggling with form. Both are respectively 20th (last) and 17th on the table. Both must bounce back from heavy losses they encountered midweek. The Key men for Atletico Madrid will be Diego Forlan and Sergio Asenjo. Folan has been in a form slump and will love to break that here today. And Asenjo's duty in goal will be relyed on as his goal scroing ability as well has 'Wowed' many. They key men for Bayern will be Schwiensteiger and Gomez, who share 6 goals and an assist between them. Ribery will miss the match through Injury

Prediction: Atletico will sneak through in a highscoring thriller. 4-3.

Lyon - Liverpool

Liverpool arrive in France with confidence, after wining 3-1 midweek. Lyon however will have to play better today, after losing 3-1 to CSKA. Liverpool, have struggled, since losing gerrard, and therefore may struggle tonight. Key men for Lyon include Robin Van Persie and Gourcuff, who has 4 assists against his name. Key men for Liverpool will be Dirk Kuyt and Maxi Rodriguez, who have 7 goals and 7 assists between them.

Prediction: Although the loss the CSKA, they will bounce back with a 2-0 win.

Juventus - CSKA Moscow

Both are on the back of good wins in midweek. CSKA have moved up to 2nd on the table, and look clear favourites. Both teams have now won 3 in a row. Key player for Juventus will be Iaquinta and Quagliarella, who is on loan from Napoli. Key men for CSKA will be youngster Pablo Piatti and Thomas Necid.

Prediction: CSKA will win through. In form team. 2-0. Comfortable win.

Villarreal - Milan

Expected to be a close match with both being 15th and 16th on the table respectively. Villarreal currently have no manger, which will play a big part in the game tonight. They will look to player/Coach, Honarato Nilmar, to guide them to victory. They will also miss spanish internation, Capdevilla, through Injury. The Key man for Villarreal tonight will be Nilmar, with 3 goals and 2 assists. They key men for Milan will be Experience playmaker, Andrea Pirlo and Defender Thiago Silva.

Prediction:Milan will win the match. Villarreal will struggle to play without a coach as Ibrahimovic is hot favourite to score. Milan to win 3-1.

Manchester Utd - Shakhtar

Will be a very entertaining match. Two very attacking teams clash head. Coming 3rd and 4th respectively on the Div 1 table. Shakhtar drew midweek, and have dipped in form. Manchester Utd, on the other hand, are unbeaten in 6 games. Key men for Manchester Utd will be Wayne Rooney, 6 goals 4 assists, and Paul Scholes, 3 goals 6 assists. They will also rely on expereinced keeper, Van Der Sar, to keep a clean sheet. Key man for Shakhtar will be Adriano Luiz, who has set the division on fire with 7 goals and a whopping 11 assists!

Prediction: Tough encounter. Honours will be split. High scoring draw. 2-2.

Chelsea - FC Porto

Pre-season favourite Chelsea, havent won a game in three attempt and will look to break that streak. However they face tough opposition in Porto who drew against United in Midweek. Chelsea will be missing 3 Big Names: Ramires (Injury), De Rossi (Suspension) & Vucinic (injury). Porto will only be missing LB, Alvaro Perreira through Injury. Key men for Chelsea will be Luis Fabiano, who has 6 goals 4 assists to his name, & Florent Malouda, who has 1 gaols 7 assists to his name. Key men for Porto will be Boselli, 5 goals, & Fransico Fernando. Expect Falcao to fire tonight.

Prediction: Despite Key names missing, Expect Chelsea to dominate from Start to Finish. 3-0, in a one sided match.

Sevilla - Zenit

8th (Sevilla) meets 6th (Zenit) in this class. The managers have already mouthed off, and will be left up to he players tonight. Both arrive with wins in Midweek against quality opposition. Zenit however are unbeaten in 5 and looking to add to that tonight. Sevilla will be missing experienced Defender John Terry to Injury. Key men for Zenit will be Liedson, 4 goals 4 assists, & Ashley young, 2 goals 3 assists, in only 8 matches. Key men for Sevilla will be Eden Hazard, 4 goals 4 assists, & Andres Palop, who must keep a clean sheet.

Prediction : After beating Barcelona, Sevilla look the goals and should come out of this grueling encounter with a 2-1 Victory. (Biased)

Arsenal - Barcelona

Arsenal, despite standing 7th, havent won a match in 7 attempts. Barcelona havent been top either, lossing thier last 2. There is only concern for Arsenal, with Carlos Vela out through Injury. Key men for Arsenal will be Chamakh, 6 goals 3 assists, & Rodrigo Taddei, 4 goals 5 assists. Marchetti (GK) must also keep a clean sheet for Arsenal. Key men for Barcelona will be Lionel Messi, 10 goals 8 assists, and David Villa, 7 goals 7 assists.

Prediction: Arsenal will bounce back from defeat to narrowly win against a depleted Barcelona outfit. 2-1.

Real Madrid - Internazionale

Real Madrid will field a slightly weaker team, with the news that Gonzalo Higuain will miss the highly anticipate encounter through injury. It will be the match of the round as two heavy weights clash. Alexandro Pato is along term injury as Marco Motta will also miss the clash. Inter are undefeated in thier past 11 matches as Real Madrid look to bounce back from thier midweek draw. Key men for Madrid will be Benzema, 8 goals 6 assists, & Cristiano Ronaldo, 3 goals 4 assists. Key men for Inter Milan will be Kaka, 4 goals 6 assists, & Julio Baptista 6 goals 4 assists.

Prediction: Inter Milan will be hard to beat, espicially after thier amazaing start to the season. This was justified in the midweek tharashin of Roma, 6-1. Thats scoreline is unlikely for the clash as Real Madrid are tough opposition. The tough encounter will end 3-1 in favour of Inter Milan