GC140 Official Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: GC140 Offical Thread

Seattle Sounders continue their unbeaten League run for 6 games in the North American League under the reputed Manager Neil Chheda

Seattle Sounders are placed 1st in the American League with 18 points and have won all their 6 matches

4 - 1 vs Columbus Crew

1 - 0 vs LA Galaxy

4 - 0 vs New England Revolution

2 - 1 vs Chivas USA

3 - 1 vs Kansas CW

3 - 1 vs Toronto FC

• 2 weeks later...

Re: GC140 Offical Thread

Seattle Sounders continue their legendary run and have beaten all the 9 teams out of 9 and continue to dominate their lead at the top of the table.

Seattle Sounders continue their unbeaten League run for 6 games in the North American League under the reputed Manager Neil Chheda

Seattle Sounders are placed 1st in the American League with 18 points and have won all their 6 matches

4 - 1 vs Columbus Crew

1 - 0 vs LA Galaxy

4 - 0 vs New England Revolution

2 - 1 vs Chivas USA

3 - 1 vs Kansas CW

3 - 1 vs Toronto FC

Guest MR. HAMMER

Re: GC140 Official Thread

FC Porto News:

My side after 9 games have not moved of the top of the league the hole season the side has seen the likes of Henry and Teves join the ranks and are two points clear,

This past week Gaël Givet + Obafemi Martins joined the side at a cost of a nice 16.5M happy with the 13 players I signed and 12 players that came in deals for my players,

The shock at my side was,

Greening 87 joined English side Birmingham on loan due to lack of game time here,

But the big one A. Johnson (88) headed back to England to join Wolves because my side has 5 more 88+ FWD'S so was happy with the deal now to just keep tabs on my side,

Champions League Football tonight my side sits last in the group need to win tonight to have a chance of going to the next stage.

Guest MR. HAMMER

Well my side is looking verry nice now for the league title:

FC Porto 2 - 1 Sporting CP

Benfica 1 - 2 FC Porto

Two title rivals get beat by my side real happy.

Last Portuguese Shield Quarter Final:

FC Porto 4 - 0 Paços de Ferreira

Happy days a nice semi coming up with CP then should have a rival clash in the final with a good frind at benfica.

My 1st and 2nd team looks like this:

SCHWARZER---BELENOV

OTAMENDI--- HUGHES

UPSON---FERRARI

DISTIN---PAREJA

GIVET---ALAYES

BARNETTA---MICAEL

NOBLE---BOLATTI

RODRIGUEZ---GONZALEZ

TEVEZ---FREI

HENRY---NECID

MARTINS---HOSNY (Change to 4 - 4 - 2)

Happy with my A and B side some real nice deals done to make this side up now time for it to prove it is the best in Portugal and one of the best in the world.

• 10 months later...

here goes..

after makeing a school boy error in selectin gc 146 over this gc.. nobody in there 2 vibe off..

i decided with me being currently in a position 2 manage 1 more club at present aslong as its gc (they kind of tick thereselves over) i thought wot better place than france in gc140 as people constantly say its buzzing and have been trying to get me 2 take a side in here for a while now :) ..

takeing that into account i decided to join quite possibly the best french club side with the aim being to restore its succesfulness..

Stade_de_Reims.png

1. Stade de Reims, 1948-1962

Founded in 1931, Reims began in the Division Honneur Nord-Est when the French league was launched, becoming professional after promotion to Division 2 in 1935. They finished sixth in in 1939, but when the top flight was expanded after the war, Reims were included.

Reims secured their first championship by a single point in 1948. The defence was built around Robert Jonquet, known as ‘The Hero of Highbury’ after his majestic display there for France in 1951, and Roger Marche, later Les Bleus’ most capped player.

With Albert Batteux, an influential midfielder five years earlier, as manager, Reims won their second title in 1953. Batteux soon built a team that would nearly become champions of Europe and, as the core of the French side that illuminated Sweden 1958, the world. The following year, Reims came second, but they reclaimed the championship in 1955, thanks to sublime deep-lying forward Raymond Kopa, thirty goals from René Bliard, and Batteux’s flexible take on the 3-2-5 formation.

Reims’s title defence faltered – they never won consecutive championships – but their free-flowing attack dazzled in the new European Cup. Léon Glowacki scored three in their 4-2 win over Denmark’s AGF, before they beat Vörös Lobogó (now MTK) of Hungary 8-6 over two pulsating games. Three second-half goals secured their triumph over Hibernian, and Reims were in the final.

Within ten minutes, Reims were 2-0 up, through Michel Leblond and Jean Templin’s near-post strikes. Alfredo di Stéfano and Héctor Rial pulled Real Madrid level after half an hour, but winger Michel Hidalgo headed Batteux’s side back in front after 62 minutes. Almost immediately, Marquitos equalised, before Rial’s second ensured that the Spanish giants won the first European Cup.

Kopa so impressed Madrid that they signed him – he proved integral as they kept the cup for the next two years. Reims rebuilt their attack around Just Fontaine, who scored 34 goals in 26 matches as they won their fourth title in 1958 – and then 13 in Sweden as France finished third, losing an epic World Cup semi-final to Brazil. Their 5-2 defeat owed much to an injury to Jonquet, still the defensive cornerstone for club and country.

Most of France’s blistering World Cup attack played for Reims, and were just as clinical in Europe the following season. They beat Ards of Northern Ireland 10-3 in the first round, Finland’s HPS 7-0 in the second, before losing 2-0 at Standard Liège in the quarter-final first leg. Three goals in the last twenty minutes at home – one from Roger Piantoni and two from Fontaine – set up a last-four tie against Switzerland’s Young Boys. Again, they lost the first leg, but comfortably won the second to make another final, this time in Stuttgart. This time, Madrid beat them more comfortably, Kopa starring in their 2-0 win.

Kopa returned to Reims that summer, inspiring yet another title. With Batteux still in charge, they won their final championship in 1962, beating Racing Club with the narrowest goal average. However, with key players ageing, this was their final triumph: two seasons later, Reims were relegated. They spent the Seventies in Division 1 without recapturing former glories,but after falling again in 1979, they never returned.

Best XI: Paul Sinibaldi; Simon Zimny, Roger Marche, Robert Jonquet; Michel Leblond, Armand Penverne; Léon Glowacki, René Bliard, Just Fontaine, Raymond Kopa, Roger Piantoni.

Honours: French champions 1949, 1953, 1955, 1958, 1960, 1962. Coupe de France 1950. European Cup runners-up: 1956, 1959.

1 HELL OF A CHALLENGE!!!.. :eek: ..

THE REIMS REVOLUTION???!..

AC Ajaccio 1 - 2 Stade de Reims

J.CAVALLI 33

Half Time

(1 - 1)

S.N'ZIGOU 44, 69

Daniel Ratcliffe (racky) steered Stade de Reims to victory against AC Ajaccio.

Stade de Reims beat AC Ajaccio 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Aubey had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

N'zigou was on the scoresheet for his side.

Racky' date=' welcome to France 140!!

I'm Lille. Can sort you a couple of loans if you need?[/quote']

cheers mike but i have already brought them in :) ..

first business done.. just gone for a layer at present :) ..

ACTUAL CASH BIDS :) ..

The offer for Sahin AYGUNES of Kasimpasa SK from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Gomes Ribeiro FREDY of Belenenses from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Jorge CHULA of Olhanense from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Saša MARKOVIC of FK Partizan from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Alain WISS of FC Luzern from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Siyanda XULU of Mamelodi Sundowns from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Vid BELEC of Cremonese from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Gianluca NIJHOLT of FC Utrecht from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Zarko TOMASEVIC of Nacional da Madeira from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Bogdan BUTKO of Amiens SC from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Free Agent Jonathan RAMÍREZ from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

MY LOAN BIDS ACCEPTED :) ..

The loan offer for Florian LEJEUNE of Almería from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

The loan offer for Vázquez ÁLVARO of West Ham United from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

The loan offer for Francesco DELLA ROCCA of Marseille from Stade de Reims has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

RAMPANT REIMS!..

RC Strasbourg 0 - 3 Stade de Reims

Half Time

(0 - 3)

V.ÁLVARO 9

G.FREDY 20

F.DELLA ROCCA 44

Daniel Ratcliffe (racky) steered Stade de Reims to victory against RC Strasbourg.

Stade de Reims outclassed RC Strasbourg and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Belec had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

álvaro, Della Rocca and Fredy were amongst the goalscorers.

Stoke City News..

• Glenn Whelan will be moving to Leeds United shortly. After being placed on the transfer list for £8.5mil, Whelan was glad a renowned club came in with a bid of £11mil.
  • Stoke City have been saving their funds and now have £100.1mil in the bank and are looking to splash out on 88+ players, 27 and younger. I need a couple of CBs if anyone is available. :)