4-2-2-2

robski

Re: 4-2-2-2

has anybody had good results with this formation also what attacking line up would you use for 4-4-3 would u use 3 strikers/attack midfielder.

To be honest I would play 0-0-0 against 4-4-3 and will just report it to the FA and will get the points ;)

has anybody had good results with this formation also what attacking line up would you use for 4-4-3 would u use 3 strikers/attack midfielder.
cant say as i have used 4-2-2-2 often (in fact cant remember using it) but 4-3-3 (i assume you mean that when you say 4-4-3, ignore Bobo :P ) never worked out well for me. think this is because i tend to like having lots in midfield. but i suppose a direct attacking game through the middle should work ok with it.

Guest joe black

Never really used it for any length of time but i have used it a few times and the results where not good then that could be just my players or me :P

As for 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 i have always played it with 3 strikers funny thing about it is that i always get loads of shots on goal and on target but they are never converted to goals,the teams i play all must have great GK's ;)

Generally if i am playing AM up front i find 4-3-1-2 or 3-4-1-2 are the best tatics, but everybody has different players and ideas so just go with your strengths

The 4-2-2-2 has been very useful for me, though ironically I'm now trying to work out its weaknesses as I'm playing a side who also use 4-2-2-2 in the Cup semi final on Monday :P

Does anyone have any recommendations for a formation which should work against the 4-2-2-2?

The 4-2-2-2 has been very useful for me' date=' though ironically I'm now trying to work out its weaknesses as I'm playing a side who also use 4-2-2-2 in the Cup semi final on Monday :P

Does anyone have any recommendations for a formation which should work against the 4-2-2-2?[/quote']

with teams that use tight formations like 4-2-2-2 i use the wings as much as possible as long as i have 2 good wide players. 3-5-2, 3-4-2-1 .... attack down both flanks.

use the space out wide that your opponent will leave.