• 4-5-1
    • 4-1-4-1
    • 5-2-3
    • 5-3-2
    • 1-4-3-2
    • 5-4-1
    • Dunno, am new and need the help!!

Re: THE BEST FORMATION (inc Poll)

From my experience (because im an old man :o ) I have always found any formation playing 3 at the back to be a lot more effective for attacking styles of play and I have always - ALWAYS played attacking or very attacking since I started playing the game. Ive always struggled to find the correct advanced tactics / style of play to suit the bog standard 4-4-2's or 4-4-1's etc, and find it tough to score goals.

3-5-2 would have to be my overall favourite, had a lot of success with it over the last year and a half or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the 3-4-1-2 formation is the pick of the bunch with 44 votes :eek:

My question is, what are the players you need to have to use this formation effectively? And do you guys use it for every single game?

My guess is:

GK

RB/CB CB LB/CB

W/RM CM CM W/LM

AM

F F

So, am I right? Is the AM a must have for this tactic, or can you use players in other positions for the "1"? Also, what's the difference between having two wingers and having a RM/LM combo?

And lastly, what about the three at the back? Can they all be CBs, or do I need to have a LB/RB combo?

I (as well as many others, undoubtedly), would be extremely grateful if someone could kindly answer all these questions. :)

I Would Say 3-4-1-2 Because I Use It On All My Sides And They Are All IN The Top 8 Of The Division For Example My Liverpool team in english championship 76

Played 30 Won 22 Drawn 4 Lost 4

I Play Eto & Kanoute Upfront With messi in am Position as target man and i score tons of goals Would reccomend

i would say...there is no GOOD FORMATION u can play with everytime...!!!!

although people try to implement the formation they like even though they dont have the squad to do so..!!!!

but i have played with only ONE formation in THREE seasons on SM with Arsenal....that is...4-2-2-2....i like it....and that has given me success..!!!!

League Winners -1st season, 2nd season,4th in 3rd season(going on)

Runners up in cup.

All i can say that is you have to build a squad that favours ur formation....u just cannot say this formation is the best and this one not...!!!!

I have been playing with a formation regularly with 2 of my teams and i have so far used it over 8 games between the 2. My stats are very good i have won 6 and drawn 2 with no defeats. Obviously you have to have the players to suit this formation but at the moment this formation is doing well for me. :)

4-3-2-1

This formation works like this : a normal back four, with a defensive midfielder, then 2 center mids, then 2 attacking mids behind the lone center forward.

I have been playing with this team with my Arsenal -

GK - Lehmann

LB - Clichy

RB - Sagna

CB - Gallas

CB - Toure

DM - Gilberto Silva

CM - Fabregas

CM - Flamini

AM - Rosicky

AM - Arteta

CF - Adebayor

As you can see my only signing is Arteta so i haven't spent much money and i have had great success and am now top of the table. 3 points clear. :)

i would say...there is no GOOD FORMATION u can play with everytime...!!!!

although people try to implement the formation they like even though they dont have the squad to do so..!!!!

but i have played with only ONE formation in THREE seasons on SM with Arsenal....that is...4-2-2-2....i like it....and that has given me success..!!!!

League Winners -1st season' date=' 2nd season,4th in 3rd season(going on)

Runners up in cup.

All i can say that is you have to build a squad that favours ur formation....u just cannot say this formation is the best and this one not...!!!![/quote']

I agree with this formation while being Arsenal as it has won me a cup and has me 3 points off the top of the league

• 2 weeks later...

tactics

i think when u manage pretty bad teams (3rd and 4th leagues) that 4-4-2 is the best because it covers overall the need for defense, midfield, and attack. otherwise, in the 2ndand 1st leagues you get the need for more diverse formations also coz u have better players available. for example, i have an udinese and a napoli in two 4th leagues and i play 4-4-2, and theyre doing good, while i have a sao paulo in the first league that is currently third with 4-5-1 AM. my other teams i wont mention :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, echo everyone else about it depends on the team.

For me personally...

Just a normal game: 4-4-2

Attacking game: 3-4-1-2

Defensive game: 5-3-2

By the way, a 4-2-3-1 sucks with a team heavy with DMs and Ws. Pretty annoying :(

I'm getting frustrated as nothing seems to be working for me.

Unmanaged teams are getting the better of me and can you believe it if I tell you that with my clubs-

Team A played 7 games , won 1 only (I am the defending champion)

Team B played 8 games , won 2 (I just got promoted):confused: :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

i use 3-5-2 and it works for most of my clubs

i've used it for my aston villa team (normal mentality) n they've gone from divison 3 to divison 1 in two seasons, ending up as runners up in both seasons

i used it for my bayern munchen team (attacking mentality) and it worked VERY well, ending up with a 18 match unbeaten streak and winning the league by 18 points over the 2nd place team as well as winning the cup. (however i have stuck to the same tactics and have got off to a pretty lame start in season 2 with 3 losses already >__> ...so it appears tactics dont affect a game all that much, but if u get something that works stick with it i suppose :D)

• 2 weeks later...