Manchester United Predictions

Special-1

Re: Manchester United Predictions

KopStar is right though, Rooney, based on his form for the last six months or so, does not deserve a 96 in any way.

Having said that, since the ratings are only in a couple of months, he might pick up again, but I wouldn't count on it. He needs a break for the next few weeks at least, and playing for England v Montenegro will not help.

I remember an Italian team winning the Champions League against a German team? Don't get me wrong I do watch the premier league (I only watch the A-League more) but to say the Serie A or La Liga is below the premier league is simply ridiculous and bias. Those three leagues are all ranked quiet evenly by SM and to say Ferdinand is better than Lucio because he plays in a better league is simply ridiculous. As I just said Inter won the Champions League Bso quite clearly the Premier League is not 'above' Seria A. And that Ferdinand is on 'another level'.. what do you judge this on? The fact that Ferdinand plays for the team you support and Lucio doesn't?

Oh yeah I remember that Italian team winning that cup competition just like Porto did in 2004. Also just like Portsmouth won the FA Cup in 2008. Anyone can win a cup, it's about who's the better team on the day. If you stuck all the best teams in Europe into a league format I guarantee the English and Spanish teams would be in and around the top 4.

When I said Serie A is below the Prem I meant in SM terms, I heard the rating cap is getting lowered to 95 for Italy in the next changes. Also I didn't even mention La Liga because I believe that the Premiership and La Liga are on par at the moment.

Okay say I am being biased about Ferdinand and Lucio, so does that mean Soccer Manager are being biased too? give it a rest. Inter won the treble last year and Maicon was made the best RB on the game. So if Lucio is that good, why doesn't he have his 95 or 96 by now.

I think you better re-consider who's actually being biased here.

Oh yeah I remember that Italian team winning that cup competition just like Porto did in 2004. Also just like Portsmouth won the FA Cup in 2008. Anyone can win a cup' date=' it's about who's the better team on the day. If you stuck all the best teams in Europe into a league format I guarantee the English and Spanish teams would be in and around the top 4. [/quote']

That such a ridiculous statement. If cups mean nothing because everyone can win them why is the Champions League the main European competition? I'm sure next time Manchester United win it, then it will become important again. And your flimsy argument of 'its about the better team on the day' logic is flawed as that is with every football game whether it be in a league or cup match. By saying that you undermine the value of the league as well.

When I said Serie A is below the Prem I meant in SM terms' date=' I heard the rating cap is getting lowered to 95 for Italy in the next changes. Also I didn't even mention La Liga because I believe that the Premiership and La Liga are on par at the moment.

Okay say I am being biased about Ferdinand and Lucio, so does that mean Soccer Manager are being biased too? give it a rest. Inter won the treble last year and Maicon was made the best RB on the game. So if Lucio is that good, why doesn't he have his 95 or 96 by now.

I think you better re-consider who's actually being biased here.[/quote']

I bet that rating cap dropping to 95 was sucked right out of your thumb. However if you can provide some actual evidence (which I doubt) I will stand to be corrected. Where is the proof or logic in this? Why should Sneijer, arguably the best player in this last season being influential in Inter winning the treble and one of the main reasons Netherlands made the final not deserve a +1? Why should Eto'o get a -1 to accomodate this? Your bogus argument really does not hold its wait as the logic behind it just doesn't exist. And Maybe Maicon was made the best RB on the game because maybe he is the best right back in the world (although you'd probably argue O'Shea is better)

Lucio had a 94 as you'll remember that he was at Bayern Munich in a league where the cap was 94 with Ribery being an exception. Take Lucio out of Inter's side and they would not have won the treble. All you have to do is go watch replays of both legs of Inter vs Barca. Lucio was absolutely everywhere and really saved his side on countless times. Why he isnt a 95 yet? Well I believe that is coming and will be extremely deserved. If not his age is the only thing against him. Ferdinand did deserve his 95 and even his 96 a while back but has done absolutely nothing to validate it since and thus it is only fair that he should drop.

And how am I being biased? Just because I'm going against Man Utd? I have no affiliation to Inter at all and in fact when I watch Seria A I prefer Milan or Juventus ;) And if i was being bias would I have said that like Rooney, Torres deserves a -1? ;)

Oh yeah I remember that Italian team winning that cup competition just like Porto did in 2004. Also just like Portsmouth won the FA Cup in 2008. Anyone can win a cup' date=' it's about who's the better team on the day.

I think you better re-consider who's actually being biased here.[/quote']

cups, champions league is the biggest acheivment any club can win, end of.

leagues teams will win, but the one thing they are all desperate for is a champions league title.

anyway i think it is detrimental to your argument when you make points like that, i mean come on comparing the FA cup and portsmouth to the UCL and barca, madrid, man united, chelsea, inter ?

laughable.

anyway your point is half true, italy has inter and roma, the others are not big 4 quality. in england you have 5 or 6 awesome teams, italy while their number one may not be any worse than englands, englands big 6 and definately 4/5 are of great quality.

your post is a bit biased and optimistic coming from a man united supporter myself.

o'shea rising is just plain silly, whereas others like i highlighted before are reasonable and just opinion. so i reckon you are not being too bias other than that one rating = no problem really.

people on this forum start to use "bias" to ruin other peoples arguments even if they are factually sound.

comparing the UCL and FA cup though, is gaurenteed to get you into a bit of bother ;)

KopStar no offence but your talking a whole load of rubbish. Unless the italian league pulls it's socks up and fast they are slipping to 4th in Europe and its a very average league. This is about the worst Juve side I've ever seen in my life.

Lucio was utter garbage at Bayern where he was regularly caught out for pace, which is why Bayern had no qualms in replacing him with an equally crappy Demechelis, which is why it was great to see SM not giving a rise to Lucio displaying some common sense. Inter could play their 2nd team in the league and still coast it, that's how big a gap there is between them and rest of Serie A.

As for Ferdinand your claims for him deserving a drop are laughable. He only dropped to 95 because of a few mistakes which were due to his longstanding back problem, due to which he missed most of last season. No coincidence that since he has returned we've kept 2 clean sheets in a row. Was dropped for his bad form, injured since then and back now. So no question of a drop as far as I can see. Lucio is not even close to Ferdinand standard. end of

KopStar no offence but your talking a whole load of rubbish. Unless the italian league pulls it's socks up and fast they are slipping to 4th in Europe and its a very average league. This is about the worst Juve side I've ever seen in my life.

Lucio was utter garbage at Bayern where he was regularly caught out for pace' date=' which is why Bayern had no qualms in replacing him with an equally crappy Demechelis, which is why it was great to see SM not giving a rise to Lucio displaying some common sense. Inter could play their 2nd team in the league and still coast it, that's how [b']big a gap there is between them and rest of Serie A[/b].

As for Ferdinand your claims for him deserving a drop are laughable. He only dropped to 95 because of a few mistakes which were due to his longstanding back problem, due to which he missed most of last season. No coincidence that since he has returned we've kept 2 clean sheets in a row. Was dropped for his bad form, injured since then and back now. So no question of a drop as far as I can see. Lucio is not even close to Ferdinand standard. end of

That is absolutely laughable, the Serie A is a more competitive league than both the EPL and La Liga. Furthermore, from a tactical fans point of view Serie A is the best league in the world. The amount of formations and tactics used is beyond anything seen on the British coast-line. Yes, the quality has been lost throughout Italy, however it is absolutely crazy to say it's un-competitive the likes of Genoa, Sampdoria and Roma showing just how closely competitive Serie A is. Getting back to the tactical aspect, before the game and during the game, it's fantastic to watch. Napoli with their 3-4-1-2 formation compared to Bari with their own solid 4-4-2. Where else in Europe do you see such competitive tactical aspects of football, from inverting the pyramid to in some cases the use of a Librero. You're absolutely laughable if you say that Serie A has no competition at all, one of the most competitive leagues in Europe in the 09/10 and it's going to be the same 10/11. What other league can boast to have their top 4 at this moment to include Lazio who are top who were 12th last season. And Napoli also in the Top Four, leaving Roma who were 2pts off Inter last season, in the relegation zone. An Un-Competitive and boring league? I think not, at this point in Europe it's easily the most competitive league.

Lucio was utter garbage at Bayern where he was regularly caught out for pace' date=' which is why Bayern had no qualms in replacing him with an equally crappy Demechelis, which is why it was great to see SM not giving a rise to Lucio displaying some common sense. Inter could play their 2nd team in the league and still coast it, that's how big a gap there is between them and rest of Serie A.

As for Ferdinand your claims for him deserving a drop are laughable. He only dropped to 95 because of a few mistakes which were due to his longstanding back problem, due to which he missed most of last season. No coincidence that since he has returned we've kept 2 clean sheets in a row. Was dropped for his bad form, injured since then and back now. So no question of a drop as far as I can see. Lucio is not even close to Ferdinand standard. end of[/quote']

Huh? I mean the second and third paragraphs.

Lucio... utter garbage? Have you even watched him? Sure, he's a diving *****, but he's an amazing defender. I wouldn't blame you for not watching the Bundesliga when he was at Bayern, or the Serie A, or even the bloody Champions League, but he was absolutely incredible alongside Juan for Brazil at the World Cup, until the match against the Dutch.

The Champions League! He was immense against Barca, against Chelsea... I feel it's a waste of time having to prove to you how good a defender Lucio is. I have no reason to be biased. It's just... reality.

Two clean sheets in a row - Valencia barely did anything against United in the Champs League, and you make it sound like United had it easy against Sunderland. There were a fair few occasions where it looked like Sunderland were about to score.

Ferdinand dropping a rating would arise from the fact that he's barely played in the last five or six months. Time will tell if he can actually stay fit for more than a few weeks, as the rating changes are a fair way away, but if he can't, he could and should drop again.

But... Lucio being garbage? Seriously mate, out with these ludicrous statements. Stick to what you actually know.

That is absolutely laughable' date=' the Serie A is a more competitive league than both the EPL and La Liga. Furthermore, from a tactical fans point of view Serie A is the best league in the world. The amount of formations and tactics used is beyond anything seen on the British coast-line. Yes, the quality has been lost throughout Italy, however it is absolutely crazy to say it's un-competitive the likes of Genoa, Sampdoria and Roma showing just how closely competitive Serie A is. Getting back to the tactical aspect, before the game and during the game, it's fantastic to watch. Napoli with their 3-4-1-2 formation compared to Bari with their own solid 4-4-2. Where else in Europe do you see such competitive tactical aspects of football, from inverting the pyramid to in some cases the use of a Librero. You're absolutely laughable if you say that Serie A has no competition at all, one of the most competitive leagues in Europe in the 09/10 and it's going to be the same 10/11. What other league can boast to have their top 4 at this moment to include Lazio who are top who were 12th last season. And Napoli also in the Top Four, leaving Roma who were 2pts off Inter last season, in the relegation zone. An Un-Competitive and boring league? I think not, at this point in Europe it's easily the most competitive league.[/quote']

Serie A the most competitive league in the world?. Next joke please.:D

Lazio did badly last season due to off the file circumstances (the pandev-ledesma fiasco) and actually did really well in the 2nd half of the season when the problem got resolved. None of the sides you've mentioned are even a patch on Inter and even the fat spanish waiter would struggle not to win the league with that side. just looool

Huh? I mean the second and third paragraphs.

Lucio... utter garbage? Have you even watched him? Sure' date=' he's a diving *****, but he's an amazing defender. I wouldn't blame you for not watching the Bundesliga when he was at Bayern, or the Serie A, or even the bloody Champions League, but he was absolutely incredible alongside Juan for Brazil at the World Cup, until the match against the Dutch.

The Champions League! He was immense against Barca, against Chelsea... I feel it's a waste of time having to prove to you how good a defender Lucio is. I have no reason to be biased. It's just... reality.

Two clean sheets in a row - Valencia barely did anything against United in the Champs League, and you make it sound like United had it easy against Sunderland. There were a fair few occasions where it looked like Sunderland were about to score.

Ferdinand dropping a rating would arise from the fact that he's barely played in the last five or six months. Time will tell if he can actually stay fit for more than a few weeks, as the rating changes are a fair way away, but if he can't, he could and should drop again.

But... Lucio being garbage? Seriously mate, out with these ludicrous statements. Stick to what you actually know.[/quote']

Watched him plenty of times for Bayern and always got caught out of position or meandering forwards like a giant elephant and struggling to get back. Improved obviously in the snail paced Serie A although with the side Inter have he dosen't have much to do much in the vein of Barca's back 4. And please stop exaggerating about the world cup. They played North Korea(wow what a great side going forward!), Portugal (who couldn't play more negative football even if they tried) and Erikson's clueless Ivory Coast. They even managed to concede against the might North Korea. First real test and flat they fell on their back side. Was good against Barca yes but hardly anything to shout about against Chelsea. Chelsea should've got a pen in the first leg (from Lucio I think?) but the referee fuked that up. Not to mention that disallowed goal against Barca in the semi...

You claim to be a United fan and come up with such dross. Valencia barely did anything against United?? Tell you what go look at the Valencia thread on the forum or better still try to watch the game again. He and Vidic were top draw (AGAIN!) and without them we'd have lost.

@Last line - You should well to heed that comment considering you're talking about games you haven't seen. Lucio great in the world cup looool

SM don't drop players for injuries as we have seen with Essien, Carvalho or Hargreaves. So if SM remain consistent he won't drop. Not a chance.

Should probably add... look at the Serie A standings. Big gap my foot. It's a league that's still recovering from the Calciopoli scandal. Things will start turning around.

And' date=' Inter won the Champions League mate. Where were the English sides?[/quote']

Whatever the reason is there is a mahoosive gap between Inter and the rest. FACT!

Rio reached 2 CL finals in a row, where was Lucio or Inter then? English sides have done better in the champions league over the last few years. FACT.

England are top of the UEFA Co-efficients. FACT

Italy will most likely drop below Germany into 4th. FACT

Should probably add... look at the Serie A standings. Big gap my foot. It's a league that's still recovering from the Calciopoli scandal. Things will start turning around.

And' date=' Inter won the Champions League mate. Where were the English sides?[/quote']

Didn't Inter knock out Chelsea with the help of the referee?

Didn't they knock out Barcelona with the help of the linesman?

Where were the mighty Inter in all the years prior to the year they won it?

Didn't Inter knock out Chelsea with the help of the referee?

Didn't they knock out Barcelona with the help of the linesman?

Where were the mighty Inter in all the years prior to the year they won it?

no, I am a chelsea fan and even though i hope inter knock chelsea out by referee, they didn't( I watch the whole 180 min). They deserved it and the second leg chelsea lost control of the mid, didn't even looks like have a goal back when they were down

No, if you recall the games, the lineeman and ref were fair and square...

They totally deserved it, as GUadiola said.

"Where were the mighty Inter in all the years prior to the year they won it?:

they were winning italian competitions, you don't usually see a team in Champions Leaugue to win 2 in short term

and that means how the arrival of Lucio made a difference

no' date=' I am a chelsea fan and even though i hope inter knock chelsea out by referee, they didn't( I watch the whole 180 min). They deserved it and the second leg chelsea lost control of the mid, didn't even looks like have a goal back when they were down

No, [b']if you recall the games, the lineeman and ref were fair and square[/b]...

They totally deserved it, as GUadiola said.

"Where were the mighty Inter in all the years prior to the year they won it?:

they were winning italian competitions, you don't usually see a team in Champions Leaugue to win 2 in short term

and that means how the arrival of Lucio made a difference

If i recall those games Cambiasso scored a clear offside goal, then in the second leg Pique scored but was flagged for offside. If the decision was reversed on either of these incidents Barcelona would have qualified regardless of wether they deserved it or not. Also if i remember rightly the Chelsea Inter game at the San Siro, Kalou was taken out in the penalty area and if it had been given a penalty and a red card would have followed but again Inter got away with it. That shows how fine margins can influence who progresses and who doesn't in a cup competition. Inter were lucky to avoid Manchester United in the competition also as United brushed them aside the previous year.

That such a ridiculous statement. If cups mean nothing because everyone can win them why is the Champions League the main European competition? I'm sure next time Manchester United win it' date=' then it will become important again. And your flimsy argument of 'its about the better team on the day' logic is flawed as that is with every football game whether it be in a league or cup match. By saying that you undermine the value of the league as well.[/quote']

Sorry, but what are you on? When did I say that cups mean nothing? I was just highlighting the fact that anyone can knock out anyone in a cup, it's about who's best on the day. There are loads of examples to back this up. Also no, my argument isn't flawed, yes anyone can beat anyone in one football match but in a season of 38 games it is near enough impossible to be at the top unless you're a very good team. Furthermore, the Champions League is the biggest competition in Europe because it's the only competition in Europe where all the top teams meet.

I bet that rating cap dropping to 95 was sucked right out of your thumb. However if you can provide some actual evidence (which I doubt) I will stand to be corrected. Where is the proof or logic in this? Why should Sneijer' date=' arguably the best player in this last season being influential in Inter winning the treble and one of the main reasons Netherlands made the final not deserve a +1? Why should Eto'o get a -1 to accomodate this? Your bogus argument really does not hold its wait as the logic behind it just doesn't exist.[/quote']

Christ. I really doubt that Soccer Manager care if Sneijder, Eto'o etc. DESERVES their rating or not. There are loads of players on this game that don't deserve their rating but that's the way the system is. Obviously I don't have proof from SM that Italy is getting a 95 rating cap it's just something I've heard (like I said) from reliable posters on this forum.

I can't even be bothered writing anything about the rest of your dribble. All I'm going to say is that you're obviously bitter towards United (I'm guessing you're a typical scouser from your name) therefore are biased when talking about them.

Sorry' date=' but what are you on? When did I say that cups mean nothing? I was just highlighting the fact that anyone can knock out anyone in a cup, it's about who's best on the day. There are loads of examples to back this up. Also no, my argument isn't flawed, yes anyone can beat anyone in one football match but in a season of 38 games it is near enough impossible to be at the top unless you're a very good team. Furthermore, the Champions League is the biggest competition in Europe because it's the only competition in Europe where all the top teams meet. Idiot. [/quote']

You said that since Portsmouth won the FA Cup and other surprises happen that winning it is not really that important. Um remember Blackburn winning the league after coming from no where. Not many expected VFL Wolfsburg to win the Bundesliga when the did. So really if you're good enough you can win any competition. And that is my point- the Champions League is so elite because it takes all the best teams and without saying Seria A is the best because Inter won (I don't believe they should be compared they all have different pro's and con's), it definitely means that Seria A is not below the Premier League.

Christ. I really doubt that Soccer Manager could give a flying **** if Sneijder' date=' Eto'o etc. DESERVES their rating or not. There are loads of players on this game that don't deserve their rating but that's the way the system is. Obviously I don't have proof from SM that Italy is getting a 95 rating cap it's just something I've heard (like I said) from reliable posters on this forum.

I can't even be arsed writing anything about the rest of your dribble. All I'm going to say is that you're obviously bitter towards United (I'm guessing you're a typical scouser from your name) therefore are biased when talking about them.[/quote']

Wow that is a terrible argument. The whole idea of a rating change is if a player deserves a rise because he has been in good form consistently or a drop because he has been in bad from consistently. Yes there are some players who do not get the rises that are predicted. The way you are making it sound, SM suck their rating predictions out of their thumbs and do what they feel. And if you can't provide proof of this drop to 95 for Seria A at least name who you 'heard' it from.

You said that since Portsmouth won the FA Cup and other surprises happen that winning it is not really that important. Um remember Blackburn winning the league after coming from no where. Not many expected VFL Wolfsburg to win the Bundesliga when the did. So really if you're good enough you can win any competition. And that is my point- the Champions League is so elite because it takes all the best teams and without saying Seria A is the best because Inter won (I don't believe they should be compared they all have different pro's and con's)' date=' it definitely means that Seria A is not below the Premier League.[/quote']

There you go again with your tripe. Blackburn won the league because Jack Walker poured millions into the club and they bought top players like Alan Shearer. Oh and I don't know if you remember but Manchester United could and should have won the league on the final day but they drew with West Ham 1-1 therefore lost the league to Blackburn by one point. Oh and by the way you know what position Wolfsburg are in now? 8th. Cool. There isn't any outstanding teams in that league any more to dominate it.

Wow that is a terrible argument. The whole idea of a rating change is if a player deserves a rise because he has been in good form consistently or a drop because he has been in bad from consistently. Yes there are some players who do not get the rises that are predicted. The way you are making it sound' date=' SM suck their rating predictions out of their thumbs and do what they feel. And if you can't provide proof of this drop to 95 for Seria A at least name who you 'heard' it from.[/quote']

Oh and I'm not some nerd that sits here writing down people's names on this forum who I think are good sources. It was just something I came across one day from someone who looked reliable. It's cool anyway, you're so far up Serie A's hole that we wouldn't be able to convince you so why bother? :)

Van Der Sar 94 -> 94 May drop to 93 becus of the goals the defence leaked in.

Kuszczak 88 -> 88/89 Think he will stay at 88.

**Amos 75 -> 81**

Evra 94 -> 94 Hasn't been like last season' date=' his concentration is not really like last season. THink the World Cup has affected him.

Only a slight chance of dropping. Most probably gonna stay at 94[/b']*Fabio 80 -> 83/84* 83/84 is too generous. Maybe 82.

Brown 89 -> 88/89

Neville 88 -> 87

Rafael 86 -> 87/88

Vidic 96 -> 96

Ferdinand 95 -> 95 50/50 chance of dropping or keeping his rating.

J. Evans 89 -> 90 Evans will stay at 89

Smalling 83 -> 85 85/84

O'Shea 89 -> 90 Stay at 89

Giggs 93 -> 93

Fletcher 92 -> 93/92 Will not rise.

Carrick 92 -> 92/91

Scholes 92 -> 93/92 less than 10% chance of rising

Anderson 90 -> 90 May drop due to his injury. But most probably he will keep his 90

Gibson 85 -> 87 Maybe 86

Hargreaves 90 -> 90/89 I think he shld drop. SM has been kind towards him

C. Evans 76 -> 78

Valencia 91 -> 91

Nani 90 -> 91 Almost a guarantee 91

Park 90 -> 90

Obertan 86 -> 86

Rooney 96 -> 96 If he does does not start playin, he may drop to 95

Hernandez 86 -> 88 87*88

Bebe 75 -> 78 77*78Berbatov 93 -> 93

Owen 89 -> 89

*Macheda 80 -> 83/84*

Out On Loan:

Chester 74 -> 77

**De Laet 80 -> 84**

Cleverley 84 -> 85

James 80 -> 81/82

**Drinkwater 78 -> 83**

Norwood 75 -> 77

Welbeck 85 -> 86/87

Diouf 85 -> 87

**King 75 -> 80/81**

My predictions.

This are jus my view :)

There you go again with your tripe. Blackburn won the league because Jack Walker poured millions into the club and they bought top players like Alan Shearer. Oh and I don't know if you remember but Manchester United could and should have won the league on the final day but they drew with West Ham 1-1 therefore lost the league to Blackburn by one point. Oh and by the way you know what position Wolfsburg are in now? 8th. Cool. There isn't any outstanding teams in that league any more to dominate it.

Could have. Should have but didn't so your argument about Man Utd deserving to win it means nothing as they didn't and blackburn did. It definately isn't the best league in the world but is definately a good competitive league. Players like Ribery' date=' Robben, Schweingsteiger all play there and are all brilliant players (just some examples of the quality there) and to go back to my earlier argument I remember a German team loosing the Champions League final against an Italian one ;) (but i wont bring this up to much as thats just taking this whole argument very far back) And what does their current position have to do with the team winning it a few seasons back? Its like saying 'Liverpool won the league a long time ago but now they're in the relegation zone so the premier league must be a bad league.'

Oh and I'm not some nerd that sits here writing down people's names on this forum who I think are good sources. It was just something I came across one day from someone who looked reliable. It's cool anyway, you're so far up Serie A's hole that we wouldn't be able to convince you so why bother? :)

Firstly don't resort to insults when you're being outwitted ;)

Whilst not every single player on SM completely deserves their rating and not every player spot on gets the rises they deserve but the whole rating system generally is consistent at giving players a rise when they deserve one and a drop when they deserve it too.

As I said before (not a personal attack on you, more so on the forumer who you read this from) that just simply to drop Sneijder when he has been one of the best players of the last year would be beyond ridiculous.

And you'd be surprise that I'm not a die hard Seria A fan. In fact the only leagues I watch often are the Hyundai A-League (Australia) and the EPL... and only occasionally watch Seria A and La Liga

Could have. Should have but didn't so your argument about Man Utd deserving to win it means nothing as they didn't and blackburn did.

I never said they deserved to win it' date=' I said they 'should' have won it, they 'should' have beaten West Ham on the final day but they didn't therefore they didn't deserve to win the league. I wish you would stop twisting my words.

And what does their current position have to do with the team winning it a few seasons back? Its like saying 'Liverpool won the league a long time ago but now they're in the relegation zone so the premier league must be a bad league.'

My bad I meant to say that they finished 8th last season and are currently in 8th now, I got mixed up. Also I can't even be bothered getting into a Liverpool debate, it's just a whole other kettle of fish.

Whilst not every single player on SM completely deserves their rating and not every player spot on gets the rises they deserve but the whole rating system generally is consistent at giving players a rise when they deserve one and a drop when they deserve it too.

As I said before (not a personal attack on you' date=' more so on the forumer who you read this from) that just simply to drop Sneijder when he has been one of the best players of the last year would be beyond ridiculous.[/quote']

Like I've said previously I do agree with your point but it's invalid if they lower the rating cap because regardless of how good Sneijder is he is likely to drop/stay the same.