The Premiership - Decreases

byrne7

Decreases

Arsenal- Baptista 92>91 not doing enough to warrant a 92

Aston Villa- Samuel 87>86 just the 2 starts this season

Laursen 89>87 cursed by injury the last 2 seasons, just 4 starts

Blackburn-

Bolton- Thompson 87>86 going from one club to another, not working out at present for him.

Giannakopoulos 89>88 nowhere near the form of the previous 2 seasons, possibly past his peak at 32

Charlton- Kishishev 87>86

Rommedahl, El Karkouri and Hreidarsson 88>86 not been good enough this season.

Hasselbaink 89>87 his best times have passed, not played enough either

Chelsea- Boulahrouz 92>91 not been good enough, not been fit

Ballack 96>95/94 cannot justify him being a 96 at all

Joe Cole 94>93/92 Hugely talented but not been fit all season, has to come down now

Kalou 91>90 Hasnt done anything all season in my opinion

Everton- Pistone 86>85 hasnt played at all

Beattie 88>86 waste of space really at present, nowhere near an 88

Fulham- Diop 89>88/87 Nowhere near his form that led to him being linked with top clubs and hasnt for a while now.

John 87>86/85 Hasnt pushed on from when he first appeared in the Premiership and could be out of the door in the summer.

Liverpool- Aurelio 90>89 8 starts, 6 sub apps not doing enough to warrant such a high rating.

Manchester City- Isaksson 91>90 1 start cant get back in the side

Manchester United- Smith 88>87 barely played for an entire year

Heinze 93>92 Still top drawer for me but hasnt played enough games

Middlesbrough- Mendieta 87>86 Where has he gone?

Newcastle United-

Portsmouth- Andy Cole 88>87 5 starts 12 sub apps 3 goals gradually going to come down now is goal king Cole i feel.

Benjani 89>87 17 starts 4 goals nowhere near prolific enough since he arrived last season.

Reading-

Sheffield United-

Tottenham- Gardner 87>86 Just dont rate him, doesnt play enough and wont now Rocha has been signed.

Zokora 91>90 Playing plenty of games but not the player that excelled in the French league and shone in the World Cup.

Tainio 89>88 13 starts but not of the same standard as Barton, Parker etc in my eyes.

Mido 90>88 Not even a regular off the bench this season, Berbatov far too classy for him. Could see him move in the summer. Wasted.

Watford-

West Ham-

Wigan-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Premiership - Decreases

Very comprehensive...only guy I feel adament enough to disagree with though is Baptista. I love the guy, and think he has the world of potential, but has he even played enough or well enough to deserve a 91? I'd say a 89/90 would be right. Looking back, 3 points may be harsh, but 1 just doesnt seem enough.

Liverpool - Aurelio 90>89 8 starts' date=' 6 sub apps not doing enough to warrant such a high rating.[/b']

I totally agree with this, been a Liverpool fan too! :P He doesn't get enough football for me and is over rated a slight dent on soccermanager! Nobody even talks about him in real life and he doesn't do a lot when i see him play either, so he houldn't be 90 as loads of other left backs are playing a lot better than him, Nicky Shorey being the prime suspect! :D

sadly i got to agree with Laursen, not played at all ! how he still has a 89 is beyond me ! sadly a 3 point deduction is fair enough imo, he has only played lik e 16 games since joining villa ( off top of my head ) has great talent but very unlucky ! J Lloyd samuel definitely has to go down ! especially with a on form bouma in the team i cant see him playing much !

sadly i got to agree with Laursen' date=' not played at all ! how he still has a 89 is beyond me ! sadly a 3 point deduction is fair enough imo, he has only played lik e 16 games since joining villa ( off top of my head ) has great talent but very unlucky ! J Lloyd samuel definitely has to go down ! especially with a on form bouma in the team i cant see him playing much ![/quote']

It's a real shame, when he plays for us he tends to be our most impressive player. If he wasn't so unlucky with injuries then he'd be an amazing asset.

It's a real shame' date=' when he plays for us he tends to be our most impressive player. If he wasn't so unlucky with injuries then he'd be an amazing asset.[/quote']

true and we paid alot for him considering his past and tendency for injuries, a really talented player as you said, a partnership of him a mellberg if they got playing regularly could be good ! its a shame, how he carries on in football i dont know, i dont think alot of people have had as many knock backs as him eg. out for 4 months, reserve game before city derby, touted to start if he makes it through the reserve game, injured for another 2 months, unlucky or what

Don't think Pennant or Fletcher need decreases -- the rest, sure.

Sometimes Senderos looks like he might be decent (although that might be the influence of Gilberto Silva), in spite of his glacial pace, but when he comes up against an attacker with both pace and power, and Arsenal can't cover for him, he looks bad.

Alliadiere is a mystery to me too. Should be the real deal, but isn't. Wenger probably fears that the guy will find his game as soon as he gets rid of him.

Goalkeeper: Jerzy Dudek (Liverpool)

In four inglorious days in January' date=' Dudek let in nine goals against Arsenal. Football365 ran a poll asking how many were the Pole's fault. The consensus seemed to be that it was at least six. To continue an eye-catching start to 2007, Dudek was then reprimanded for some shenanigans on the Reds' training camp in Portugal.

"Among others, I have read, that I wanted to beat up the policeman, was handcuffed and detained by the police. Nothing of that kind happened," claims Dudek, who was reported to have declared his love for an officer of the law while slightly inebriated. We notice he didn't deny that...[/quote']

My brother was thinking about this person abot going down he says

Grant "I belive Dudek need to go down cause he playing rubbish so I think he should go down to like about a 85 because he getting older and playing in the 2nd squad".

Under-rated has to be Aaron LENNON. How he can only be rated an 89 is beyond me. Even JENAS gets a 90 and he's poor by comparison.
have a look herefor info on Lennon.

This thread is about players you think should have a reduced rating, not an improved one...

Minimerob, edit just means he has added some comments to his original post.

wat about xabi alonso? curiously :eek: ' date=' he is rated 95 in SM...he only scored 2 in the EPL....doesn't he deserved some decreased?

alonso 92/93 for me[/quote']

Xabi is a DM he's not supposed to score many goals he just keeps the defense safe his mission isn't to score goals otherwise if we were talking about DM's scoring goals what would the rating of Makelele be :eek:

fletcher ' date=' senderos and richardson are fine as they are , the rest can go down , esp dudek hes shocking liverpool have got reina, carson , kirkland - all really good goal keepers dudek 85/86[/quote']

kirkland has now signed for wigan permanently. and on the topic of decrease what about lauren? i no he has been injured but i dont think he should be 91

Xabi is a DM he's not supposed to score many goals he just keeps the defense safe his mission isn't to score goals otherwise if we were talking about DM's scoring goals what would the rating of Makelele be :eek:

essien (CM) is only rated 94 in SM...his defence is far more better than alonso... and been consistent in the whole season...

alonso, rated 95.....he, is sometimes a CM...he missed alot of opportunity to score....and his defence...is just not as good as essien....i m not saying that he is not a good player... :) plus, he was not performing well nowadays

i just think that alonso is over-rated....92/93 for him

essien (CM) is only rated 94 in SM...his defence is far more better than alonso... and been consistent in the whole season...

alonso' date=' rated 95.....he, is sometimes a CM...he missed alot of opportunity to score....and his defence...is just not as good as essien....i m not saying that he is not a good player... :) plus, he was not performing well nowadays

i just think that alonso is over-rated....92/93 for him[/quote']

i thought Alonso was sheer class today i dont think he deserves a decrease but essien deserves an increase.

i thought Alonso was sheer class today i dont think he deserves a decrease but essien deserves an increase.

he is an erratic player..NOT ENOUGH consistent..and there are "quite alot" below rated95 players who are better than him

92/93 for alonso..

alonso' date=' rated 95.....he, is sometimes a CM...he missed alot of opportunity to score....and his defence...is just not as good as essien....i m not saying that he is not a good player... :) plus, he was not performing well nowadays

i just think that alonso is over-rated....92/93 for him[/quote']

I agree completely that he isn't in the league of Essien, Essien has been super human this season :D . A decrease to a 94 might be OK for Mr. Alonso ;)

Xabi Alonso play nothing these season... decrease down 93 I think

Sissoko is in same level with Alonso

nah, for me alonso 95, great layer who's passes are amazing and gets goals, at worst 94 imo, but 95 is spot on, with maybe sissoko 92.

essien great player this year, 100% 95 for me.

nah' date=' for me alonso 95, great layer who's passes are amazing and gets goals, at worst 94 imo, but 95 is spot on, with maybe sissoko 92.

essien great player this year, 100% 95 for me.[/quote']

i can think of a few midfieders that are outplaying alonso this season paul scholes is better on so is fabregas and even gilberto silva, alonso just isnt having a great season