English Championship 7046 Previews & Predictions Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Previews & Predictions Thread

Division 4 Previews & Predictions -Turn 4

0,,10372~3683438,00.gif

Gillingham - Hartlepool United

Both teams have got off to decent starts with Gillingham on 4pts and Hartlepool on 7 points .Hartleppol have impressed me so far this season after finishing last season in 17th this season might be the one that they get promoted.Gillingham have lost the last 4 meetings between the pair and I think they will lose this one as well.

Prediction:Gillingham 1 Hartlepool 4

Rotherham United - Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers continue in the form that saw them relegated to this division last season ,picking up just one point so far.Rotherham have not done any better picking up the same solitary point so far.Bristol Rovers have only scored one goal so far in the 3 games and have a -5 goal difference already and that is a worry.Rotherham to sneak a win by the odd goal.

Prediction:Rotherham 1 Bristol Rovers 0

Notts County - Southend United

Both teams have started well wth 2 wins each from 3 games.Muntari will be the dangerman for Notts County (he has bagged 3 goals already).Eder Luis will be the dangerman for southend (2 goals so far).

There is not much between the sides and a draw is a great possibility but I have a gut feeling that Southend will sneak this .

Prediction:Notts County 1 Southend 2

Accrington Stanley - Shorpe United

These teams are so close I think you would struggle to fit a cigarette paper between them .They finished 9th/10th last season they are on 3/4 points so far, In previous meetings they have played each other twice so and had a win each(5-4 and 3-2 both wins coming for the away team).Shorpe will miss the injured Poli but I will stick a pin in them to get the win here after there recent baptism.

Prediction:Stanley 2 Ss 3

Northampton Town - Wycombe Wanderers

Both teams sit on 1 point a piece.Not the greatest start for Villa but I will back him here to guide Wycombe to there first win this season and under his leadership.

Prediction :Northampton 0 Wycombe 2

Tranmere Rovers - Brentford

2nd top Tranmere are blazing under top match reporter Thompson.I think he will be able to write up another good report when they pummel hapless Brentford who currently sit rock bottom without a point and with a -7 goal difference so far.

Prediction :Tranmere 4 Brentford 1

Stockport County - Burton Albion

Stockport under the guidance of Hammer have won there first 2 games under his leadership sit on 7 points so far.Burton have not had the greatest start to the season and manager Will Trafford will be gunning for Hammers boys to get the team back on track.90 rated Loic Remy will continue his fabulous start to the season with a couple of goals here (3 goals so far).

Prediction Stockport 2 Burton 3

Swindon Town - Leyton Orient

Ahmad has had a decent start to the season with his Swindon Boys posting 2 wins from 3 , they are up against a Leyton orient side who have just 1 point and still seem to be caught in the freefall that saw them get relegated last season.

Prediction:Swindon 3 Leyton 0rient 1

Shrewsbury Town - AFC Bournemouth

New Bournmouth manager Steven will be hoping to get his first point on the board soon after failing in his first game in charge.This doesnt look like the game he will start as he is up against the bang in form Shrewsbury who are unbeaten with 2 wins and a draw so far, manager Stuart looks to be shaping his team up nicely for a tilt at the title and with Moritz(4 goals so far) in such superb form who who back against another win for The Shrews here.

Prediction:Shrewsbury 3 Bournemouth 1

Southampton - Colchester United

New manager Ryan will be hoping to get a win in his first game in charge with hisd his in form side ,they are playing a good looking Colchester side who just norrowly missed out the play offs last season.This game looks to be close and I think it will be decided by the odd goal.

Prediction:Southampton 2 Colchester 1

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Previews & Predictions Thread - DIV 2 / TURN 35 - As we approach the close of a season in the Championship, one which has seen many ups and downs, for a

Re: English Championship 7046 Previews & Predictions Thread Season 2, Turn 14 ALL DIVISIONS DIVISION 1 Stoke City v West Ham United West ham's up and down form has see's them lie

npowerleague1logo.jpg

Division Three Predictions – Season Four – Turn Four

• Exeter City vs Rochdale

Exeter have so far made a very solid start unbeaten on 7 points situated in 4th place, 13th place last season should easily be improved on this time round. They play Rochdale who after losing their first game have won the last two including an impressive 4-1 at home to Wednesday last game, they've won the previous two by the same score line 2-1, today could be tougher though.

Exeter 2 - 2 Rock Road

• Sheffield Wednesday vs Chesterfield

Wednesday managed a dour 16th last season and after 3 played that's where they currently stand, this game at home is fairly crucial even this early. Chesterfield gained promotion last campaign and are on the same points as the hosts here but it's more positive for them and to be honest they'd settle for 14th if you handed it to them now.

Wednesday 1 - 1 Chesterfield

• Barnsley vs Hull City

Early days for the new Barnsley boss but after 3 played he'll be delighted to remain unbeaten and perched in a very healthy 8th place just outside the top six. Hull however are happy for different reasons as after being relegated they really needed a solid start to avoid slipping into mid table mediocrity as Villa did last season, this is one they would think they should win with the players they have.

Barny 1 - 2 'Ull

• Yeovil Town vs Walsall

Yeovil despite losing their last two games will be very content to be on 3 points and sat in 13th place, however the last game saw them concede 7 goals which is pretty bad so they'll want to aim for at least a clean sheet here against an even worse side than themselves. Walsall have just appointed a new manager and he certainly has a big job on his hands with a very weak looking squad and already with out a win in the first 3 played. .

Yeovil 3 - 0 Walsall

• Peterborough United vs Crystal Palace

The Posh last year had the knack of getting a draw and already after 3 played that looks like being the same the following season, those 3 points do see them in 12th place but they know a win could shoot them into the play-offs. Palace just finished inside the top 6 last year and that's where they currently stand now, play-offs is minimum for them but of course they'd love to get auto's.

The Posh 2 - 2 Palace

• Carlisle United vs Portsmouth

Carlisle has a heartbreak season previously just missing out on the dram that is the play-off battle finishing 7th, early this campaign though they have continued the hard work and sit in 2nd unbeaten on 7 points, they have some very fine players including Adebayor, Leon and Akinfeev so really have to start showing their quality consistently. Pompey on the contrary came 5th last season but early this campaign have started very slow getting just 2 points form 9, they've lost the previous 2 games against Carly so this could be very tough indeed.

Carly 4 - 1 Pompey

• Aldershot Town vs Swansea City

Alders were extremely fortunate to escape the drop last season especially after being in the bottom 3 for much of the year, they have some very fine players but the depth is almost non-existent so they'll always struggle. Swansea on the other hand are very different, they have excellent depth and can put out a strong 1st eleven but it's fair to say ol' Zakky ain't no tactical genius and the attempts at making 4-1-2-1-2 work have ended badly so far seeing them drop to rock bottom on zero points, work to be done.

Alders 2 - 0 Swans

• Ipswich Town vs Millwall

Ipswich like Swansea were relegated here and so their only goal is to get back asap, their start hasn't been perfect already being defeated but they are in a position where one win brings them right back into the mix. Millwall a side who were already in this division have made a poor start after gaining a strong 8th place last season injuries have certainly slowed them down early on, they'd like to think they can bring it back when the good players return.

Ipswich 2 - 1 Millwall

• Dagenham & Redbridge vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Daggers one of the promoted sides have started like the proverbial train winning their first two and remaining unbeaten, they play their old division 4 rivals here for the first time in two seasons and will want to show they're the best out of that league. Brighton after a barnstorming start to division 3 last season have began very poorly with just 1 point from 9 and two losses from last two played, this could be their tricky second season where stabilization is required.

Daggers 3 - 0 Albion

• Aston Villa vs Oldham Athletic

Villa last season were arguably good enough to gain promotion at the first attempt but under the manager then it was never to be however under Mahya this campaign they've already made a fantastic start winning the first 3 games and sitting right at the summit on 9 points. Oldham are doing ok so far on 4 points one place currently above where they ended last season, they don't have the strongest squad so anything above midtable would be good for them.

Villa 3 - 1 Oldham

The Championship

NpowerChampionship.jpg

Turn 4 – Midweek Games – 2-11-11

Cardiff-1.png Cardiff City - Queens Park Rangers QPR.png

Cardiff have had an indifferent start to the season so far. There is an inherent lack of quality to the squad and it remains to be seen if Manager Paul Close will let star striker Lavezzi go in order to strengthen other areas of the squad. With an average rating far below most of the other Championship sides it could be a long hard season if they don’t strengthen soon.

QPR in contrast have been playing well and so far are undefeated. They will be short (no pun intended) a striker with Peter Crouch suspended but come into this game with a stronger side and in better form that their hosts.

QPR look much more likely to take the points here and I have to go for an away win.

Cardiff City 0 - 3 Queens Park Rangers

Charlton.png Charlton Athletic - Norwich City Norwich.png

Charlton have had a solid start to the season despite a heavy defeat in their last game. Some reshuffling may be necessary here for the manager however with one of his main forwards out of action already. On loan star Jeremy Menez has been decent so far but his manager will be looking for more from him in coming weeks.

Norwich have so far torn up the predicted league table and sit proudly atop of the pile with three wins from three including an impressive win over Leicester at the weekend. They might find it tough going here but I certainly wouldn’t rule them out, especially with Clichy proving to be a an absolute rock at the back for them.

Charlton look to be marginally stronger and have home advantage, while Norwich are the current form team and league leaders. The facts point to a tough game and I think a draw may be on the cards.

Charlton Athletic 1 – 1 Norwich City

Leicester.png Leicester City - Nottingham Forest Forest.png

Leicester were one of my early season picks for promotion and it looks right now like I’ve jinxed them. They sit bottom of the table with 3 straight defeats and have been hopeless so far. A trip to title favourites Forest was probably not what the doctor ordered at this point. Still we’ve seen teams come out fighting many a time when overwhelming underdogs and manager Gozzy will need to instil this believe in his shell shocked players if he wants anything from this game. He should have a fully fit squad to choose from however and on their day they should be a match for anyone.

Forest have also endured a disappointing start to the season with one win in three. Its early days however and Big Mo will be confident of turning it round yet. Iniesta, while being solid, has not been the force we thought he would so far. Forest will still have to be careful here despite being heavy favourites.

Forest look to be the stronger side and are in better form. I’d fancy Leicester to lose this one but kick on up the table from there onwards.

Leicester City 0 - 2 Nottingham Forest

WestHam.png West Ham United - Plymouth Argyle Plymouth.png

The Hammers are another big side that have so far failed to get going. Still winless, they really need to get their act together sooner than later. New manager Sean Fitzpatrick will be hoping the fans and chairman give him more time to impose his ideas on the team, but the honeymoon period is certainly over already, lets hope the bride put out early....

Plymouth also have a new manager that’s having a hard time of things, though they do now have a win to their names at least. While they should have a fully fit squad going into this game, their starting line-up is significantly weaker than West Ham’s and they will find it tough going.

With neither side setting the world alight it could be a drab match, but I would favour the Hammers to come away with their first win of the season here.

West Ham United 2 – 1 Plymouth Argyle

Bury.png Bury - Birmingham City Birmingham-1.png

Bury always looked like they are going to struggle without significant investment in the side and that so far seems to be the case. They sit second bottom with one point from 9 and it’s hard to see where their first win will come from. Manager Neil Matterson needs to find a way to improve his squad if his side are to have any chance of survival this season.

Birmingham in stark contrast are ripping up the suggested league table and sit in second place. The Manager has done an excellent job to get them into this lofty position and the fans are already talking about automatic promotion. The squad is still weaker than many of the other sides in the league but with the players playing well could well maintain this for a while to come. They have a top, passionate, manager and he's not afrtaid to make his feelings known, fair play to him.

There isn’t much between the two sides rating wise, but a massive difference in their form. I expect Birmingham to continue their good form here, away win.

Bury 0 - 2 Birmingham City

Derby County - Doncaster Rovers

Derby have had an indifferent start to the season but are comfortably mid table at this early point. The squad looks fully fit and there is some undoubted quality in there. With one of the thinnest squads in the league however the real challenge will be in keeping everyone match fit.

Rovers have endured a tough start but have only been beaten once so far. There is a lack of quality in the side however and they too have one of the thinnest squads in the league. The addition of Lucas has added much needed steel to the midfield, but I’m not convinced it will be enough to keep them out of trouble over the course of the season.

Derby have a superior starting 11 and home advantage, I expect that to be telling in this game, home win.

Derby County 3 – 2 Doncaster Rovers

Blackpool.png Blackpool - Blackburn Rovers Blackburn-1.png

Blackpool have so far endured an average start to the season but are unbeaten in two games now. They have managed to stay injury free so far however which is fortunate as the squad doesn’t have the depth to it that it needs to chase cup and league games.

Rovers are another big side that have struggled badly so far. They sit in the bottom half of the table after some poor performances and the manager will be feeling some pressure to get his talented side back to winning ways as soon as possible. Unfortunately they already have some injuries to key players to contend with.

Blackburn, despite the injuries, should field a stronger starting 11 than Blackpool. Despite giving away home advantage I’d expect them to triumph here.

Blackpool 1 - 2 Blackburn Rovers

Reading - Preston North End

Reading have gotten off to a good start this season and sit sixth. The side have been playing well and will hope to keep this form up to give them a chance to remain in a play-off spot. Without strengthening the side however this may be hard to do.

Preston look well equipped at this level and it shows in their results. A lofty third position is their reward for some good performances and the team with a spate of new signings seem to have clicked immediately.

Preston look to be too strong for an average Reading side and I think they will take the points here.

Reading 1 – 2 Preston North End

West Bromwich Albion - Watford

West Brom are yet another side that really should be doing better this season. Indeed the league table is littered with big names that are propping up the table. Despite midfield maestro Luka Modric pulling the strings for them the side have struggled. Could this be another case of the team needing to sell in order to strengthen other areas, only Belkevitz can tell you that, but I would expect a better performance from them this week.

Watford find themselves in mid table despite not having played well. With some of their key players being up for it this season they’ve looked solid but may well struggle to keep going for the full season. New man Pavlyuchenko may well give them the goals that they were lacking and this could be enough to turn an average season into a good one, only time will tell.

Having looked at the line-ups it’s clear that The Baggies have a stronger starting 11 and with home advantage I think they may get their season back on track here.

West Bromwich Albion 2 – 1 Watford

Burnley.png Burnley - Coventry City Coventry.png

This stands out as another battle of teams performing poorly. Burnley, while unbeaten so far, have also failed to win. The side looks strong however, but with offers on the table for nearly all of their star players I have to wonder if we will be seeing some changes in personnel sooner than later.

Coventry , despite winning at the weekend have not really performed so far. Jordan Tze will be hoping the win over Cardiff is enough to kick start his side’s season however. They seem reasonably well equipped at this level however but if they could strengthen some key areas, could be chasing a play-off spot. They will be without their driving force for this game though with Van Bommel out injured.

There’s isn’t much between these sides, but with the injuries to Coventry and home advantage to Burnley, I think they could just edge this.

Burnley 2 - 1 Coventry City

Note: As I’m limited to 15 images for 20 teams some have missed out on having their logo displayed... Its unfortunate, but so is my wife's face...

Division 2 previews and predictions

npowerchampionship.jpg

Turn 5

05/11/2011

Norwich City vs Queens Park Rangers

Norwich suffered their first defeat of the season in midweek after a heavy 5-1 reverse against fellow newcomers Charlton so Canaries fans will be hoping to get back on track here. Despite the loss Norwich still find themselves in 3rd place in the division so the fans wont be too downbeat.

QPR have still to taste defeat after four games and currently sit 5th in the division. Their 3-3 draw away at Cardiff on Wednesday will have given them the confidence to pick up points on the road and many will back them to extend their unbeaten run in this games.

stat attack - Should QPR win this game it will be their best start to a season in 7046

steve025 predicts - Norwich City 1 vs 2 Queens Park Rangers

Nottingham Forest vs Charlton Athletic

Unbeaten Forest are sure fire favourites to bounce straight back up following relegation but they face a tough test of their credentials in this match. They picked up a fine 3-1 away win over Leicester in midweek and manager MO will be targeting top of the table before long.

Charlton have been one of the real surprise packages so far this season. They currently sit top of the table and their fine 5-1 win over Norwich in midweek will have confidence at an all time high at the Valley. This match could go either way to be honest.

Stat attack - This is the first ever meeting between the two sides in 7046.

steve025 predicts - Nottingham Forest 2 vs 0 Charlton Athletic

Plymouth Argyle vs Leicester City

Plymouth will be eying another assault on the play off's and they are currently on the right track sitting 8th in the league at present. They picked up a fine win over promotion favourites West Ham in midweek and will be confident heading into this one.

Win less Leicester currently sit bottom of the table and with injuries and suspension piling up their form doesn't look like turning any time soon. They were beaten convincingly at Home by Forest last time out and will need a big performance here to achieve anything.

stat attack - Both teams have a win a piece from their previous two meetings.

steve025 predicts - Plymouth Argyle 3 vs 1 Leicester City

Birmingham City vs West Ham United

Birmingham have started the season well and sit within the play off's in 4th position at the current time. A disappointing draw away at Bury in midweek would not have been what they wanted but being back on home soil will give them confidence in this match.

West Ham are struggling to find their feet following relegation and new manager Sean Fitzpatrick will already be feeling the pressure from the expectant Hammers fans. They lost at home to Plymouth on Wednesday and that sees them sit second bottom of the table currently.

stat attack - West Ham have won the previous two meetings between the two sides.

steve025 predicts - Birmingham City 1 vs 2 West Ham United

Doncaster Rovers vs Bury

Doncaster have reached the dizzy heights of 9th position in the league despite predictions of a season down the bottom by the bookies. Their fine 3-0 away win over Derby in midweek has the fans believing again in the team again and they will fancy their chances in this match.

Bury have not the started the season well and sit in the relegation zone in 18th position. They managed to pick up a decent point at home to Birmingham in midweek and they will now be hoping to build on that with a win here.

stat attack - 9 goals have been scored between the two teams in just two previous meetings

steve025 predicts - Doncaster Rovers 3 vs 2 Bury

Blackburn Rovers vs Derby County

Despite being tipped for promotion this season Blackburn find themselves near the relegation zone in 17th and that is down to picking up draws rather than wins. They have one of the best squads in the division and it can only be a matter of time before they start climbing the table.

Derby have struggles since winning their opening day fixture and now find themselves in 15th position in the league. They were beaten easily by Doncaster in midweek and will be fearing this trip due to lack of confidence.

stat attack - in the previous two meetings between the two teams the home side have won by scoring four goals.

steve025 predicts - Blackburn Rovers 2 vs 0 Derby County

Preston North End vs Blackpool

A real fiery Lancashire derby in the making between these two sides. Preston will be looking to get back on track after suffering their first defeat of the season against Reading in midweek. Despite the set back North End still sit in 7th position and a win over their local rivals will be just the tonic for the supporters.

Mid table Blackpool are going about their business quietly but this match will have everyone talking and a win for the seasiders will see them climb above their opponents. A decent draw against Blackburn in midweek ensured they are now three games unbeaten.

stat attack - Preston have failed to beat Blackpool in four previous attempts

steve025 predicts - Preston North End 2 vs 2 Blackpool

Watford vs Reading

Watford suffered a huge blow this week with manager BC Cliffs leaving the club and with just one win from their opening four games the signs don't look good for the Hornets. They were beaten by West Brom in midweek and that result sees them in 12th position currently.

Recently promoted Reading have enjoyed a fantastic start to the season and currently occupy 2nd place in division 2 at the minute. They beat Preston in midweek and a win here could see them top the table.

stat attack - Both teams share a win each from their previous two encounters.

steve025 predicts - Watford 1 vs 3 Reading

Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion

Coventry's European exploits seem to be hampering their league form with them sitting 16th ahead of this game. Despite that they are two games unbeaten and fans will be hoping that another play off push wont be too far away.

West Brom will be looking for an immediate return to the top flight and their win over Watford in midweek has the Baggies fans believing again. They sit 11th in the table currently and a win in this game could see them near the play off pack.

stat attack - Coventry have conceded the most goals in the league so far this season with 11

steve025 predicts - Coventry City 1 vs 2 West Bromwich Albion

Burnley vs Cardiff City

Burnley have drawn all four of their games so far this season and that sees them in occupy 13th position in the league. The Clarets will be looking to get on the winning trail and will see this fixture as an ideal chance.

Cardiff are just below Burnley in 14th place and have just one win from their opening four games. Their draw with QPR in midweek will have given them some confidence but not many will predict Cardiff to do much this season.

stat attack - Burnley have won three of the previous four meetings between these sides.

steve025 predicts - Burnley 1 vs 0 Cardiff City

npowerleague1logo.jpg

Division Three Predictions-Turn Five

Chesterfield-Rochdale

*Rochdale have a former CF,Pablo Osvaldo which is their hero.Chesterfield come after a win but Rochdale after 3.Rochdale have a better team,a better form and a former CF.I can't see Chesterfield winning this game.

Prediction: Chesterfield-Rochdale 0-2

Hull City-Sheffield Wednesday

*Hull which got relegated last season are doing pretty bad and come after a lose.Wednesday are doing really bad and come after 2 lose in a row but their star-man,Bojan is still on form and can help Sheffield to pick the 3 points....but Hull got a star too,Eljero Elia which is on fire at the moment and he surely can win a match alone.

Prediction: Hull City-Sheffield Wednesday 2-1

Walsall-Barnsley

*Barnsley are still unbeaten and are doing pretty good with their new players.They have a better team by far than Walsall and even if they play away will win this.

Prediction: Walsall-Barnsley 1-3

Crystal Palace-Yeovil Town

*Crystal got some players which can decide alone a match like Lewandoski which is on fire at this moment and also they come after a win.Yeovil come after 3 lose in a row and they can't win this match because they face a very good team.

Prediction: Crystal-Yeovil 4-1

Portsmouth-Peterborough United

*This is an easy match to predict really.Portsmouth come after a win while Peterborough come after a lose.Portsmouth have a better team by far and some star players.Must be an easy match for Portsmouth

Prediction: Portsmouth-Peterborough United 4-1

Swansea City-Carlisle United

*This is match of the round even if Swansea have 0 points...it's the Dul between Zakko and Alucard.Carlisle have a slighty better team and a former CF,Muniz Liedson.Swansea are looking to win this and to make first 3 points but Carlisle want the 3 points too because they can be 2nd or 3rd after this round.I'll bet 10 euros on Zakko Swansea because they really want to win this.

Prediction: Swansea-Carlisle United 1-0

Millwall-Aldershot Town

*Millwall are killed by injuries and Aldershot have a very good team but Millwall have a better manager and I can see again a surprise.Another 10 euros on Millwall for a surprise tonight.

Prediction: Millwall-Aldershot Town 3-1

Brighton and Hove Albion-Ipswich Town

*After Ipswich got relegated last season they sit on 9th position with 7 points while Brighton have only 1 point.Ipswich Town star,Neymar isn't doing so good but he can broke the barrier and score his first goal in this year.

Prediction: Brighton-Ipswich Town 2-2

Oldham Athletic-Dagenham & Redbrige

*D&R are sitting on 2nd position which is very good for them.Oldham are on 13th position and they're looking to win this match to make 7 points but the surprise from this season Dagenham will win again this because they look determinated to win this.

Prediction: Oldham-D&R 0-2

Aston Villa-Exeter City

*Villa is looking very good under Mahya and theyre looking for another win tonight which is very possible.5 games and 5 wins for Aston will make Villa the best contenders for the title this season.

Aston Villa-Exter 2-0

NPower-Championship-Logo-800_24666469.jpg

The Championship Predictions, Turn 6 with Zakkoo aka The Zakmeister

<----------------------------------------------------->

Cardiff City vs Norwich City

Cardiff City havent started the season as well as predicted, so far currently sitting in a lowly 15th, despite some top players and a top manager in closey. Where as Norwich promoted last season are proving to be very sturdy so far and sit in an impressive 3rd place.

With Cardiff yet to win and home and Norwich's good start I predict an away win.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 0-2

<--------------------------------------------->

Queens Park Rangers vs Nottingham Forest

Both teams are having a near on equal season so far, with QPR sitting just in front of Nottingham Forest. Notting do appear to have the star quality, as well as a manager that has experienced promotion from this league, but could his confidence be low due to relegation or has the league got a lot harder this time around.

For me the teams are very equal and I can see a draw happening.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 1-1

Charlton Athletic vs Plymouth Argle

Both teams are experiencing a great start to the season and have very similar quality players. I cant really pull these teams apart other than the fact that one team is playing at home which can sometimes act as the 12th man, so if Charlton can get their team behind them then they stand the better chance.

I will be going for home win.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 2-1

Leicester City vs Birmingham City

Gozzy's Leicster City are experiencing a tough season so far, sitting rock bottom of the league with Birmingham just outside the playoffs. Biriming have come out on top in their last two meetings, so this one is a no brainer for me.

An away win is my prediction.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 0-3

West Ham United vs Doncaster City

This is a very tough game to call, so far West Ham have endured a slow start under Seans management, but with the players they have compared to Doncaster you would be tipping them as the underdogs, but with a great manager like Daz they can do one over the home team.

Despite Doncasterbeing the better team so far, I can see a tight home win.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 3-2

Bury vs Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn are having a dissapointing season so far considering their star qualities and Bury have been very dissapointing after their truely great season last. But quality doesnt always prevail as its a team game and hiccups can occur. Of which i forsee..

A shock home win for Lenny and the boys.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 2-0

Derby County vs Preston North End

Both teams have some very good squads, and will have been expected at the start of the season to be up in the Playoffs and Autos for promotion. but so far Deby are dissapointing and could be doing a lot better, but for Preston its a completely different story, they are looking very strong and look a few gears above Derby at the moment.

For me its a home win.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 1-3

Blackpool vs Watford

Despite the teams being very close in the league standings, Watford are currently unmanaged and will find it hard to tactically outplay Blackpool and their list of stars.

A home win for me in this tie.

The Zameister Predicts: 3-0

Reading vs Coventry City

Reading on paper are the underdogs of this game, BUT they at the moment are the team to beat as they sit top of the standings and will prove a tough team to beat for the lowly looking Covenrty.

For me a home win.

The Zakmesiter Predicts: 4-1

West Bromwich Albion vs Burnley

Yet another pair of teams with some quality players to boot with the managers, for me though so far West Brom are edging it and I feel they might just edge this game.

For me the home team will be victors.

The Zakmeister Predicts: 1-0

npowerleague1logo.jpg

Division Three Predictions – Season Four – Turn Six

• Exeter City vs Chesterfield

Exeter are currently bobbing about in midtable unable to find consistent form, luckily they're just 1 point off top 6. Chesterfield are on one more point than the hosts but amazingly 6 places higher up the table just inside the top 6 on goal difference, great start from the promoted side.

Exeter 1 - 3 Chester

• Rochdale vs Hull City

Rocky Road have began well like last season putting them in a healthy 5th place 1 win from the auto's, a 3-0 win last game away was a slight stumbling block. Hull having been relegated have started slowly in Div 3 but even in 14th are just one win from the play-offs but that luxury won't last long.

Rocky Road 2 - 0 Tigers

• Sheffield Wednesday vs Walsall

Wednesday have already finished 16th last season and unfortunately it doesn't look like being that much better this campaign as they've yet to win in 5 games. Walsall were 15th one above them but have made a more positive start placed in 11th right now.

Wednesday 2 - 2 Walsall

• Barnsley vs Crystal Palace

Barnsley are again like many sides stuck in a large group of midtable teams who have yet to define their proper places in the league, it's still early for Gary though so he'll be happy being joint 6th as of now. Palace one of the play-off teams last campaign have started extraordinarily well winning 4 from 5 games to sit 2nd in the table, it's all about sustaining that which will decide whether they fall down or not.

Barnsley 2 - 4 Palace

• Yeovil Town vs Portsmouth

Yeovil since winning on the opening day have went on to lose 4 in a row, it's not great for the promoted team but it's still very early so they have time to break out of it, at home here they need to get something. Pompey after being relegated came 5th last season and already they're looking good to challenge for that area once again.

Yeovil 0 - 2 Pompey

• Peterborough United vs Swansea City

The Posh began with 3 draws which wasn't bad but now they've switched to getting 2 defeats back to back which is dragging them into the danger zone, luckily they play a very poor team today. That team but for last weekend had lost 4 on the spin but with that point moved above bottom place into 19th, this game already is very much must win.

The Posh 1 - 1 Swans

• Carlisle United vs Millwall

Carly are just outside the top 6 courtesy of 2 less goal difference, the experienced manager (11th in rankings) finished in that position last campaign but would love to finally break out of this league. They play Millwall who have started awfully without a win and just a single point, very strange after a decent 8th last season.

Carly 3 - 0 Millwall

• Aldershot Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Alders just about clung on last season in 17th but already this year have began much better sitting a on an impressive 10 points in 4th. They play Brighton who have appointed a new manager following Ash’s resignation, he has a lot to live up to after they were recently promoted as champions, right now it's just about getting back into the safety of midtable.

Alders 3 - 1 Brighton

• Ipswich Town vs Oldham Athletic

Ipswich are just hovering in midtable at this early stage after being relegated last season, they have some pretty big players so would like to think they could get back to Div 2 at the first attempt. Oldham however are old hands at this and will be content with 10th at this early stage.

Tractor Boys 2 - 2 Oldham

• Dagenham & Redbridge vs Aston Villa

Daggers like Chester have made a positive start to their new league and sit in a strong 3rd place just 2 points behind their rivals today. Villa amazingly are still to drop a single point winning their first 5 games scoring 14 goals in the process, this game is probably their first real test playing a side who are themselves are flying very high, if they could find a win it would be monumental for their title hopes.

Daggers 2 - 3 Villa

D4 PREVIEWS

0,,10372~3683438,00.gif

Gillingham (13th) - (14th) Bristol Rovers

Both teams have not had the greatest start to the season.This game is all to play for in the first ever match up between the teams.My money is on an away win for the relegated last season Bristol City who are starting to find a little form under there new manager.

Predict:1-3

Hartlepool United (6th) - (4th) Southend United

Both teams have had a good start to the season and this looks like it will be an entertaining game for the neutrals.Southend have won the last two meetings between the sides with a 5-0 aggregate score.I don't see that changing here.

Predict: 0-2

Rotherham United (18th) - (11th) Shorpe United

Stewarts team have lost 4 on the bounce which doen't read well.Hugh Latimers Bible bashers have had a bit better start with 2 wins and a draw in there last 4 games.Rotherham have won the only 2 meeting between the teams so far so a lot of praying will be going on in the church of football prior to the game I think.With Jo scoring goals for fun I think he will be the main man in this encounter.

Predict:1-2

Notts County (8th) - (20th) Wycombe Wanderers

Wycombe are rock bottom and leaking goals badly so they will not relish this trip to Meadow Lane.County are in fine form winning 3 of there last 5 games and will fancy there chances of another 3 points here.I think that thsi could finish in a stalemate though.

Predict:2-2

Accrington Stanley (10th) - (15th) Brentford

Not the greatest start to the season by either team here .Brentford under new management have posted 1W,1D,1L in teh 3 games since taking over.Aidan will be glad that he is playing a different manager than the last Brentford boss who did a 2/2 over him last season.Will Stanleys luck change?I think it might.

Predict :2-1

Northampton (16) - (12) Burton Albion

Both these clubs are running hot and cold at the moment and need to find some consistency if they want to keep up with the pack.

Northampton are a young side and it showed in their last game as they were humped 5-1 away to Bentford who sit below them in the table.....Albion on the other hand will be brimming with confidence after coming out on top in thrilling 4-3 win at the Pirelli Stadium.

Now these last results may have you thinking Albion might be able to squeeze this one, but after a cup game lastnight and no sign of manager Will Trafford since Saturday it doesn't look good for the Brewers.

Predict : 3-1

Tranmere Rovers(5)-(19)Leyton Orient

Tranmere started well this campaign but have fallen by the way side of late. A win here would go along way to getting them back on track for their promotion push were they could pit their wits against such greats as garymack at Rochdale ;).

Orient are in stark contrast, winning not a jot this season so far and were lucky to grab a point back on turn 3. Many thought Orient would find their level once relegated last season, but it seems there level is even lower than Div 4..........Conference anyone?

Predict: 2-0

Stockport(3)-(9)AFC Bournemouth

Here we have to new manager's just putting their stamp on their respective teams, but Stockport have had a running start due to their better players being available for transfer straight away. This has meant an influx of some of Englands and Europes top stars of the 90's joining the League 2 club.

These stars should be enough to see off the south coast side.

Predict: 3-2

Swindon(7)-(17)Colchester

Swindon are unrecognisable from the side that was in freefall for the past 3 seasons....they have looked good on the park but the consistency still isn't there.

The same thing could be said about Colchester, btu with an unfit side for tomorrow nights game...this has a defeat written all over it.

Predict: 4-0

***GAME OF THE WEEK***

Shrewsbury(2)-(1)Southampton

Well, what an encounter this should be, two sides with only a ball hair between them in terms of personnel, both hungry for the win.

This match is going to be decided by tactics, who's the best manager.....and for me looking at both mens careers, one man comes out on top, and that is

............Stewie

stewie-griffin-2.jpg

Shrewsbury manager Stewie H prepares for wednesdays game

Predict: 2-1

Division 4 | Turn 8

0,,10372~3683438,00.gif

Saturday brings us the turn of the fat lady. 8 is considered a lucky number in China as it sounds like their word for prosperity:

32321.gif

Southampton have prospered so far this season and have the only remaining 100% record in 7046. Stockport are hot on their heels though and they face an easier tie on paper against struggling Colchester. Two teams who have had a faltering start to season 4 are Rotherham and Wycombe and they face off at Adams Park as both try to register their first wins.

Vs5qsk0pc6Y

Southend United (7th) vs Bristol Rovers (14th)

Rovers have a couple of injuries to key players in Tabanou and Yanga-Mbiwa which could just swing the game in the home sides favour. It'll remain low scoring though with neither side particularly prolific this season.

Prediction: 1-0

Shorpe United (11th) vs Hartlepool United (5th)

The Monkey Hangers have started the season unbeaten and I don't think the enigmatic Latimer's Scunny have the quality to change that. They might have enough in the tank to claim a draw though.

Prediction: 2-2

220px-Hugh_Latimer_from_NPG.jpg

Hugh ponders how to turn the tables against Hartlepool

Brentford (17th) vs Notts County (6th)

No brainer here as Notts are the better side in the better form, particularly away from home. The only question is how many and can they exact revenge on the 5-0 pummelling they received last time they met.

Prediction: 1-3

Burton Albion (15th) vs Accrington Stanley (9th)

Accrington are the monkey on Burton's back and I think they might throw it off here with 'Owd Reds manager swanseajack apparently AWOL. I'm going to go for a draw.

Prediction: 1-1

Leyton Orient (20th) vs Northampton Town (12th)

That scraping noise you can hear is A2R sharpening his axe. Orient are in a sorry state, have just been ridiculed by Tranmere and I can't see them bouncing back.

Prediction: 0-3

shock.jpg

What's that? Leyton Orient have won a game?!

AFC Bournemouth (10th) vs Tranmere Rovers (3rd)

Steven's side will be on a massive high and I think the game will stay true to form/ability with a comfortable away win. The margin won't be anything like Wednesday's game though.

Prediction: 1-2

Colchester United (16th) vs Stockport County (2nd)

Hammer's side are unbeaten this season and have won the last six. Colchester have won the previous 4 games between the teams and will feel retribution here.

Prediction: 1-2

tomy-happy-hammer%7CA112P_SP711_17_UT1I6.jpg

Mr Hammer's expresses his delight to be playing a rubbish team like Colchester in his pre-match press conference.

Southampton (1st) vs Swindon Town (8th)

I don't think Swindon have the quality to stop the train that is Southampton. A comfortable home win to continue the perfect start methinks.

Prediction: 2-0

Shrewsbury Town (4th) vs Gillingham (13th)

On paper this looks like it should be a Shrewsbury win but with a few lingering injuries, goals might be hard to come by and Gillinghm could sneak something.

Prediction: 0-0

3od7PcF_3sg

Wycombe Wanderers (19th) vs Rotherham United (18th)

Relegation scraps are often far more interesting than top of the table battles and I think one of these sides could get a nice win here to push them up the table. Games between these two have tended to go the home teams way and Wycombe have a bit more quality in ratings in their ranks so I think the trend may continue here. Of course, I'll probably be wrong and will have spectacularly over-hyped some dross draw...

Prediction: 2-1

gBzJGckMYO4

The Championship

NpowerChampionship.jpg

Turn 7 – Weekend Games – 12-11-11

Forest.png Nottingham Forest - Norwich City Norwich.png

Forest come into this game on the back of decent result midweek. My tip for first place had struggled recently but have now climbed to sixth and will be hoping another win here will push them closer to an automatic promotion spot. It’s a highly talented squad for this level of football with a good manager, and with no injuries or suspensions, they are probably the team to beat in this league.

Norwich have been outstanding this season so far and rightly sit top of the league. Josh Horne deserves much credit for getting his team playing in such a way that his mediocre squad have won five out of six games so far. This will be a real test of their metal however.

Forest have a massive advantage in the starting eleven they can put out and have home advantage, but their opposition this week have been in much better form so far. I think this could be the game were Forest show their strength and begin to really get back on form. I wouldn’t bet too heavily against Norwich however, but I think Forest may be just that little bit to strong for them.

Nottingham Forest 2 - 1 Norwich City

Plymouth.png Plymouth Argyle - Queens Park Rangers QPR.png

Plymouth have been in decent form so far this season and come into this game on the back of run of five wins in six games. That form has seen them climb to fifth in the table and the manager must be pleased with how well they’ve played. The new man has not so far made any real changes to the squad but has simply got the same group of players playing better than previously. They’ll be hoping for another win here to propel them into the top four and on this form an automatic promotion spot could be within reach, but they face a stern test this weekend.

QPR got off to a decent start but have struggled of late with two back to back defeats. Its still a strong side even if somewhat old, but that experience will likely cause no end of issues for a Plymouth side who are considerably weaker in comparison. With a fully team to choose from the QPR manager will be confident of getting back on track here.

QOR have a definite advantage in the starting eleven of the two sides, but Plymouth have home advantage and are in better form and that may be enough to see them get something out of the game.

Plymouth Argyle 1 -1 Queens Park Rangers

Birmingham City - Charlton Athletic

Birmingham to look to be really struggling of late and find themselves dropping to eleventh after a good start. Its now three losses in a row for them and as expected it looks like it might be a long hard campaign. Sandalls has proved himself to be tactically astute so far but he really needs to improve the squad if he wants to avoid another relegation battle. To make matters even more difficult, Birmingham come into this game missing four players, including their two best players, Defoe and Milner.

Charlton have defied early season expectations and currently sit fourth, a good position for a relatively modest squad. They suffered defeat in their last game however and with several players missing themselves could begin to struggle. The loss of their main creative player Jeremy Menez will be a big blow to the managers plans, but luckily for them they are facing the only side with more players missing than themselves.

This looks like a it could be a future relegation clash, but both sides will be hoping to pull something out of the hat here to stay in the top half of the table for a while longer at least. Birmingham are are crippled with injuries however and despite Charlton having a few woes of their own still look much stronger than their opposition.

Birmingham City 0 – 3 Charlton Athletic

Doncaster.png Doncaster Rovers - Leicester City Leicester.png

Doncaster have been in patchy form so far but find themselves in a respectable thirteenth place, respectable because the squad is one of the weakest in the division. They suffered defeat in their last game though and the manager will be hoping to get them back on track before losing becomes a habit. Doncaster are another side that need to try and strengthen.

Leicester have absolutely amazed me so far this season, but not in a good way. One of my early season favourites find themselves in nineteenth place and have been awful so far. Things could be starting to look up however and they recorded their first win of the season midweek. Their manager is an experienced campaigner and this run will have hurt him, but there’s no doubt he’s the man to get them back to form and his side is superior to the majority of the sides at this level. While they do have a few injuries, they do also have the strength in depth to contend with this.

Despite the abysmal form of Leicester, I can only see them winning this game. Their side is far better than Doncaster’s and I expect them to have too much for their hosts.

Doncaster Rovers 1 – 3 Leicester City

Blackburn.png Blackburn Rovers – West Ham United WestHam.png

Blackburn have been patchy so far this season but have managed a respectable eighth place. They have a strong squad however and really should be higher up the table but its probably just a matter of time before they start to climb. The side do have some minor injuries to contend with but have enough cover to cope with relative ease.

West Ham are another big team that have struggled so far this season. They, like Rovers, should be much higher than they currently are, but its early days for the new manager as he gets to grips with his squad. The Hammers side is a strong one and its probably just a matter of time before they get back to winning ways.

This should be a top of the table clash between two very strong sides. Instead, with both sides performing below par its something of a non entity. There’s not much between these two sides but the presence of Twitter fiend Rio Ferdinand may tip the balance in Blackburn’s favour.

Blackburn Rovers 1 – 1 West Ham United

PNE.png Preston North End - Bury Bury.png

Preston have been excellent so far this season and deserve their place in the table, currently that position is second. They have a good squad and manager and together they have performed far above expectations. The manager should have a fully fit squad to choose from for this match and their starting line-up looks to be a strong one.

Busy have been very poor so far this season and currently sit bottom of the table. I feel sorry for manager Neil Matterson as he did well to get his side promoted, but as feared, without significant investment the team will struggle to stay in the division. The side is amongst the weakest in the league and its hard to see where their next points will come from. To add to the manager’s woes, they also have injuries at the back which may force a tactical change.

There’s a clear gulf in form and ability here and Preston will be expected to pile more misery onto under fire Bury. I can’t go against my instincts here and I think Preston will run out clear winners.

Preston North End 3 - 0 Bury

Watford - Derby County

This seems to be an early season relegation battle as 18th play 17th. Watford have been very poor so far this season with just one win in six and have lost their last three in a row. They're not a bad side truth be told and would probably expect to finish mid table if they can sort out their league form. The side go into this game with no injuries or suspensions so the manager may want to try some different tactics for this game.

Derby have been equally poor despite also possessing some decent players. They just can’t seem to get going and find themselves at the wrong end of the table. Derby have a few players of good ability, but the majority of the squad would be described as average at best and they could be another of those teams that need to sell in order to buy. The manager will also have a fully fit squad to choose from, could he also spring a tactical surprise?

This could a game to miss as two sides that are struggling meet in what could be called a six pointer already. I can’t see either side having enough to beat the other and with the lack of confidence in both sides it could be a very negative game.

Watford 0 - 0 Derby County

Coventry.png Coventry City - Blackpool Blackpool.png

This is another clash of teams sat right next to each other in the league, in this case 15th and 14th. Coventry have found it tough of late but did pick up a win midweek to drag them away from the relegation spots. The team certainly isn’t the worst at this level but could do with some strengthening. If the manager can get one or two areas strengthened there’s no reason they can’t work their way up the league, though I think promotion will be beyond them this season.

Coventry seem a tough proposition to break down this season, they have lost just one so far, but they can’t seem to get many wins under their belt either. They stand out as another team that may need to sell in order to strengthen. They’re certainly not a terrible side, but with very little depth to the team and some of the better players approaching that ole’ hill, they may need to start looking to youth sooner than later.

There’s not a massive gap between the two sides, but I think Coventry have the better starting line-up. Add to that home advantage and I think they may just come out on top here.

Coventry City 2 - 1 Blackpool

Burnley - Reading

There are some big concerns at Burnley just now, they are struggling to win games and the players are showing serious sings of fatigue, indeed they’ll come into this game with the majority of the usual starting 11 not match fit which is a shame as they are far stronger on paper than their opposition today. Only the manager can tell us what’s been going on behind the scenes though but they are some obvious signs of neglect showing through in the side just now.

Reading in contrast have been playing very well and look formidable. They have managed an excellent third place and manager Kevin Nobbs deserves a lot of credit for getting his players to such a lofty position with what would be considered an average squad. They’ll be hoping to keep this run going against a team that look ran-out before they even take to the field.

A much stronger Burnley side will be off-set by a lack of fitness in the team. I think Reading’s good run will continue.

Burnley 0 – 2 Reading

WestBrom.png West Bromwich Albion - Cardiff City Cardiff.png

West Brom have played ok so far without pulling up any trees. They sit in seventh place but have just two wins to their name so far. Belkevitz has built a decent side but maybe not one that can expect promotion without some investment. Regardless they look to have the makings of a good side if the manager can get them performing better. They should be at full strength for this game.

Cardiff have struggled so far and it seems clear that the manager is top heavy with strikers at the expense of other areas of the team. He needs to do some dealing sooner than later in order to strengthen the defence or I suspect they will continue to ship a lot of goals. They’ve been able to score but have failed to keep a clean sheet in any competitive game and I think this trend will continue here.

The Baggies have a clear advantage coming into this game. They have scored a lot this season while Cardiff have conceded a lot. For me it only adds up one way, home win.

West Bromwich Albion 3 - 0 Cardiff City

Note: As I’m limited to 15 images for 20 teams some have missed out on having their logo displayed... Its unfortunate, but so was my vet bill this week...

Division 1 Week 7 Previews

premier-league-logo-270.jpg

Huddersfield v Wigan

Huddersfield are without doubt this year's surprise package this season. Their early season form is helped no end by the goalscoring exploits of Simone Pepe and Nicklas Bendtner. Wigan have had a decent start by their standards so far. The key man for them this year, like previous years, is striker Marouane Chamakh. He's been the man who gets the goals for them & if he stays fit, survival will be obtained again. Both teams have injuries, in particular Zarate & Zabaleta for Huddersfield & Marin & Capel for Wigan. Home win for me though.

Huddersfield 2-0 Wigan

MK Dons v Leeds

Both teams are in their second season in the top flight but will hope that they don't get that 'Second Season Syndrome' that killed Boro & Forest's season last year. MK Dons look like they won't fall into that trap. They are in 6th place already and are kicking on from last year's 11th place finish. Leeds are in 14th place, but have the quality to finish much, much higher than that. They can't seem to string a run together, but if and when they can, I think they can hit the top 10. Home advantage will give the Dons the win.

MK Dons 2-1 Leeds

Fulham v Wolves

This has all the makings for a good game. Fulham are performing well above expectations & are in 8th place. (:eek:) It's no surprise that most of the good things that have happened at Craven Cottage have revolved around Pedro. I don't think Latouche would cope if he got injured. Wolves were the surprise team last year so it's no shock to us that they were top going into last week's games. It looks like Lisandro Lopez is finally stepping up to the plate & being the goalscorer we know he can be. He'll be vital for them this year.

Fulham 1-1 Wolves

Bolton v Sheff Utd

Bolton have made a decent start to the season & are in 7th place. Having lost only 1 of their last 6 games, they go into this one as one of the form teams in Division 1. The English, pacey pair of Bent & Walcott, coupled with the class of Flying Dutchman Arjen Robben have lit up the Reebok so far this year & fans will be hoping that these 3 players stay fit. If they do, European football could be on the cards. After winning the last 2 games on the trot, Elton will have no fear going into this one. I'm surprised he hasn't started waxing lyrical about his chances of winning the title. Stranger things have happened eh? No? Well, the less said about that the better then.

Bolton 3-1 Sheff Utd

Boro v Man City

Jooles' Boro will be flying high on confidence despite only drawing to Wearside rivals Sunderland on Wednesday. The form of Xavi will please the gaffer & even though the self-proclaimed 'best 'Keeper in the World' Iker Casillas hasn't scored yet, they will want to be in the top 4 come the end of the season. Man City are another team who will want a top 4 finish this year. They were in the second tier for far too long and fans will believe they are back to where they belong. Wayne Rooney has to stay fit. He's scored 3 goals already & if he keeps up this form throughout the season, he should hit 20 goals and team who wants to do well needs a striker who can smash in 20 a season.

Boro 1-1 Man City

Arsenal v Sunderland

Arsenal really have hit the ground running this year compared to the poor start last season. Snooky has finally worked out how to set out his team & going forward they have been irresistible. Thanks to the new way of playing, David Villa & Cristiano Ronaldo have both netted 4 times to date with Villa getting an incredible 6 assists to boot. Inconsistency is halting Sunderland's season so far & that's why they're in 17th position. Will they ever reach the dizzying heights of 2nd like they did in season 2? Not if they keep up their current form they won't.

Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland

Chelsea v Stoke

I'm mystified as to how Chelsea are in the bottom 3. I'm even more mystified as to how Stoke are above them. They have quality in abundance in the middle of the park with the likes of Essien, Sneijder & Fabregas but it looks like the strikers aren't converting the chances being made. Stoke's task will be a lot harder now with their second best player, Miguel Veloso being banned for the trip to Stamford Bridge. I can't see anything but a Chelsea win tonight.

Chelsea 4-0 Stoke

Man United v Everton

United are back where they feel they belong. A 2-1 win at Ashton Gate means that they go top of the tree once again. Former Liverpool & Man City hitman Fernando Torres is the man to watch for them. He's hit 5 goals so far & is starting to form a nice partnership with Dimitar Berbatov. Shack's Everton will feel they can do a lot better than their 16th position suggests. Shack's 'idol' Ronaldinho has been lighting up the Division so far & the Samba star has helped himself to 3 goals already. Home win.

Man United 3-1 Everton

Spurs v Bristol City

The Champions haven't set the Premiership alight yet, but are going along steadily in 8th position. Zlatan Ibrahimovic hasn't really found form yet, and as last season showed, if he can produce the goods, Spurs will do well again this year. The acquistion of Robin van Persie was a very smart move by Ben, but he hasn't found his best form yet. Bristol City are finding it hard to cope this season following the departures of Shack & then JR. John is getting the best out of N'zogbia & Demba Ba & they'll need to keep thing up if they want Division 1 football again next season.

Spurs 4-0 Bristol City

Newcastle v Liverpool

Liverpool travel North for this one to play Newcastle in this mid-table clash. The home side lie in 11th spot after walloping champions Spurs 5-2 the last time they played at home. Striker Karim Benzema, known as 'The Prodigal Frog' id their main hope of success this year & he's bagged 5 goals & 6 assists already. The Reds have the best player in the world but still can't get the best out of Lionel Messi. Daniele de Rossi is their main creative force in midfield, but they need to be creating & scoring a lot more if they want to keep a hold of their top half position.

Newcastle 2-0 Liverpool

Division 3 Predictions

npowerleague1logo.jpg

Hull City-Chesterfield

*Hull are coming after a good result,a draw with Rochdale and they're looking for a win tonight.Chesterfield are on a 5th position which is already very good for them.Ballack,the main man for Chesterfield seems to be on form with 5 goals so far and Hull beast,Kuranyi didn't played so far but they have Elia which is a monster at the moment with 5 goals in 6 games.Hull have the home advantages too so this will be a fail trip for Chesterfield.

Prediction: Hull City-Chesterfield 2-0

Walsall-Rochdale

*Rochdale are coming after a draw with Hull which is a good result because they're in a lack of form at this moment...Walsall are coming after a close game vs Sheffield Wednesday but they lost this 4-3.They're looking to win tonight but seems to be hard because Rochdale is one of the best teams in the league and with a very good manager,Gary.Osvaldo which is on fire can win this game alone without doubt so Walsall defence must becareful with him tonight.

Prediction: Walsall-Rochdale 1-2

Crystal Palace-Sheffield Wednesday

*Wednesday are coming after a close game,a win vs Walsall 4-3.Palace are sitting on 2nd position which is very good but can they keep this form?I think they can and tonight they play home too.Lewandoski is their key-player and every defender from Wednesday(if they have :D) must becareful.A good Palace team might be in Division 2 next season so I can't see Wednesday to win this game.

Prediction: Crystal Palace-Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

Portsmouth-Barnsley

*Portsmouth have a slighty better team but the Barnsley player so far,Tim Cahill seems to be on form and is ready to trash the team from Fratton Park.Portsmouth aren't in a good form but they have the better team so they'll win this for me...but will be a close game because Barnsley seems to be a serious candidate for play-offs spots.

Prediction: Portsmouth-Barnsley 2-0

Swansea City-Yeovil Town

*Swansea is one of the best teams in Division 3 and they got relegated last season...they have a team for Division 2 but lets see if they can get the promotion because their form is rubbish so far.They got one of the youngest team in Division and must win this game if they don't want to ruins their chances for title.

Prediction: Swansea City-Yeovil 3-1

Millwall-Peterborough United

*A poor Millwall so far are fancing another poor team.They're in the relegation zone,Milwall 20th and Peterborough 19th.Craig team is destroyed at the moment by injuries but he's a good manager and he can carry on.This will be first win of the season for Millwall.

Prediction: Millwall-Peterborough United 2-0

Brighton and Hove Albion-Carlisle United

*The best team in the Division 3,Carlisle United are ready to beat Brighton on their new stadium AMEX.Brighton have a good team too but you can't compare their team with Carlisle one.Adebayor is in a lack of form but he's still the best striker from Division 3 and if Carlisle get the promotion this season will be one of the best in Divison 2.No-surprise in this match and an easy win for Carlisle.

Prediction: Brighton-Carlisle 0-3

Oldham Athletic-Aldershot Town

*A good team,Oldham are facing Aldershot which have a very good squad.With their squad can be in Division 2 but they're lookiing to get the spot in Division 2 this season but will be hard because Division 3 is very strong with many good teams in the race for promotion.Wouldn't be a surprise if Oldham will win but they'll in my eyes.

Prediction: Oldham-Aldershot Town 2-1

Aston Villa-Ipswich Town

*Wohooo,Villa are unstoppable at the moment but are fancing on Villa Park a very good team,Ipswich Town which aren't in a good form so Villa will win again and will make 6 in 6.Villa players seems to feel good under Mahya which is first girl as a manager in Division 3 history.If Villa will continue this form will win without doubts the title but lets be serious they have the 2nd team in Division 3 so no surprise here.

Prediction: Aston Villa-Ipswich Town 3-1

Dagenham and Redbridge-Exeter City

*D&R are looking to sell their players and they already sold the stars from the team.Exeter have a good team and they're coming after a lost but they can win this game because D&R don't have the best team at this moment.If they'll not do some transfers can be soon in Division 3...The first and only draw in Divison 3 will be here.

Prediction: D&R-Exeter City 2-2

npowerleague1logo.jpg

Division Three Predictions – Season Four – Turn Eight

• Exeter City vs Hull City

Exeter are gradually moving up the table but consistent form is pretty hard to come by, luckily they're just 1 point off play-offs. Hull are moving in the opposite direction, they are desperate for a win to stop the rot.

Exeter 3 - 0 Hull

• Chesterfield vs Walsall

Chester are currently managerless after long serving O'Donnell left his post less than a week ago, the side however are right up challenging the top spots and just in need of a decent manager. Walsall do have a manager and in the last 4 games they've won 3 taking them into the top half, one more here could see them into the top 6.

Chester 2 - 2 Walsall

• Rochdale vs Crystal Palace

The Dale were on a very fine run of wins but haven't won in their last 3 which has certainly halted the progress, at home against an in form Palace won't be an easy way of getting back on track. Palace themselves have slowed of late but have remained unbeaten which is good for team confidence when wins are hard to come by.

Rocky Road 2 - 2 Palace

• Sheffield Wednesday vs Portsmouth

Wednesday are currently still in the same position they finished last season so no progress is being made although it is still early so time to improve. Portsmouth however are also on course to match what they did last campaign but with that being 5th place it's much more of an achievement.

Wednesday 1 - 3 Pompey

• Barnsley vs Swansea City

Barnsley are plumb in mid table now just bobbing about keeping their heads above the relegation water mark, 3 points the gap to that bad place. Well it's now the start of the long drawn out build up to that terrible invention Christmas, and it seems the Zakmeister has took some inspiration after setting up his side to mirror the iconic tree and in so gaining an almighty 70% possession, maybe he's stumbled across the new 3-5-2 ?

Barnsley 1 - 3 Swans

• Yeovil Town vs Millwall

Yeovil are in a torrid run of form losing a massive out of their last 6, including their last game against a frankly awful Swansea side, it's just two points of safety but that can increase rapidly. They play Millwall who themselves aren't doing brilliantly and but for a home win last game they would be rock bottom. For both sides this is must not lose.

Yeovil 2 - 2 Millwall

• Peterborough United vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Peterborough are in truly disastrous form in fact it's basically good old fashioned relegation form and if they don't get a win in next 3-4 games it could be close to being over already. Brighton but for a narrow 1-0 win last game were themselves in rather sticky form and being just 4 points better off than their opposition shows how close it really is.

The Posh 0 - 1 Albion

• Carlisle United vs Oldham Athletic

Carlisle narrowly lost their last outing against a struggling Brighton, still, even with that they are holding their own in the top 6, after only managing 7th last season they'll want to hold onto what they have right now. Oldham right down in 11th place are merely one point behind their hosts and so can jump up a massive 6 places if things go their way.

Carlisle 2 - 1 Oldham

• Aldershot Town vs Aston Villa

Alders are surprising everyone right now as they are clearly over-achieveving massively after last season’s near escape from the clutches of relegation, this game though will be a big test of their promotion credentials. Villa had a small hiccup 2 games ago, drawing, but got straight back on track beating Ipswich at home, a win in this game would hand them a chunky 6 point lead on the 2nd placed team if other results go their way so very important.

Alders 2 - 3 Villa

• Ipswich Town vs Dagenham & Redbridge

Ipswich are on a short losing streak of 3 games that has seen them begin to plummet down the table, they are just above that zone by 1 point but one more loss could see that change. Daggers like Yeovil were promoted into this division but have fared much better at this early stage only outside the top six on goal difference, they'll figure they can win this game with ease.

Ipswich 0 - 2 Daggers

Division 4 | Turn 9

0,,10372~3683438,00.gif

We head in to turn 9 with Division 4 really hotting up. The top 2 are pulling away from the chasing pack with both Southampton and Stockport winning their last 6 but that run will end for one of them in the game of the turn. Top and bottom 'halves' also seem to be developing; possibly distinguishing play-off and wooden spoon candidates. That said, the words for nine and new are very similar in several languages so perhaps the sides bringing up the rear can get a fresh start here to send their managers onto cloud nine.

mpKAA2VxWY8

Gillingham (13th) vs Southend (7th)

In the past, this tie has gone Gillingham's way with The Gills netting 3 wins and a draw in 4 fixtures. Southend though can feel confident as they hop over the Thames estuary as they've clearly had a better start to the season. The home side are without first-teamer Granqvist who is still recovering from a bruised thigh are both teams should be fresh having received byes in the Shield. I think Gillingham will finally divert from drawing at home but unfortunately for Jonaldinho, it'll be in the form of a narrow loss.

Prediction: 0 - 1

Bristol Rovers (14th) vs Shorpe United (12th)

A real mid-table tussle here as both sides have racked up 7 points from their opening 7 games and they have a win apiece in previous fixtures between the two. The Pirates are still without the injured Tabanou and Yanga-Mbiwa and look to have played the first team in their Shield loss at Wigan so may have fitness/ratings issues. Latimer played his first choices in the Shield too but has built a deeper squad so may be able to cope. I'm going to play it safe and predict a draw though.

Prediction: 1 - 1

sad-pirate.jpg

The Bristol boss can't help but feel a little disappointed with the draw

Hartlepool United (3rd) vs Wycombe Wanderers (17th)

Wycombe picked up their first win of the season in the previous turn against fellow strugglers Rotherham. I expect them to be bought back to earth with a bump away at the high-flying Monkey Hangers. Whilst the track record is in Wycombe's favour, they also have to contend with injuries to Sheldon and Callejón and a suspension for Pinzi which decimates their starting eleven. I think Hartlepool could well take them to the cleaners.

Prediction: 4 - 2

Rotherham United (19th) vs Brentford (16th)

Machine's Rotherham are yet to win in the league this season but registered a Shield victory over Charlton on Monday. I think Brentford, who are also very low on points and haven't mustered an away goal in 3 games this season, are the perfect opponents for The Millers to start getting a winning streak together to climb the table. The home side are missing Khrin who was injured earlier in the week but I don't think his role is that crucial to affect his side's performance.

Prediction: 1 - 0

android_wideweb__470x326,0.jpg

Have Rotherham finally got into gear for the rise of Machine?

Notts County (6th) vs Burton Albion (15th)

Unfortunately for Will, I can only see this going Notts' way. Both sides are missing a player; Notts, Merida through suspension and Burton have an injury to Caligiuri though the Albion players will also be tired after playing in the Shield whereas County went through on a bye. Previous meetings are slightly in Burton's favour but Notts destroyed them 4-0 away from home last time they met and I predict a similar result here.

Prediction: 3 - 0

Accrington Stanley (8th) vs Leyton Orient (20th)

swanseajack hasn't been seen in Accrington for 23 days now but it won't matter here because Leyton Orient are shocking. Both are missing important players; the home side Michael Owen and the away Romulo and Parejo. There are no previous results to go off so I'm going to have to predict the result go with form.

Prediction: 2 - 0

Wheres_Wally.jpg

Aidan's such a Wally!

Northampton Town (11th) vs AFC Bournemouth (9th)

Another good mid-table battle here with both sides on 10 points this season. Northampton are without Tomecak and Pilař through injury and suspension respectively and Senderos is banned for Bournemouth. Both teams will be having fitness issues after playing the first team in their Shield games on Monday. There's no track record between the two so I'm going for a draw which will be their first home/away draw of the season.

Prediction: 2 - 2

Tranmere Rovers (4th) vs Colchester United (18th)

Stockport took Colchester to pieces in turn 8 and I can see Steve's Tranmere getting another big win on the board here despite Colchester's steady away form. Rovers haven't conceded at Prenton Park all season and I don't think The U's have the strength to change that. Neither side have any players missing from injuries or suspensions and both should be fresh after receiving byes in the Shield.

Swindon Town (10th) vs Shrewsbury Town (5th)

Both these sides started the season well and have begun to falter recently. Swindon are without Rhodolfo and Estigarribia for the fixture and both sides should be fit having either not played in the Shield or been rested for the reserves to play. Past games between the two have gone Shrewsbury's way with them getting 2 wins and 2 draws and I fancy that good record to continue here.

3od7PcF_3sg

Stockport County (2nd) vs Southampton (1st)

No question over game of the turn this round as the heavies of division 4 face each other. Both have won their last 6 with Southampton's 100% record still intact this season and their goal is seemingly unbreachable with just the 1 goal conceded so far. The Saints are without Hottor and both first teams got a rest in the Shield so it really is even. That said, I fancy Southampton's defence to come up trumps again and I wouldn't bet against them scoring themselves so I'm going to predict an away win.

image.php?productid=14130

Southampton's defence this season

npowerchampionship.jpg

Turn 8

16/11/2011

Cardiff City vs Nottingham Forest

Cardiff have not enjoyed the best of starts to the season and find themselves just outside the relegation zone in 17th. They have still to win on home soil and their defeat away at West Brom last time out will not have helped their confidence.

Big Mo's Forest are finding life a little harder than anticipated in division two and currently sit 11th in the league. They lost at home to Norwich last time out but they are unbeaten away and that will give them the edge here.

stat attack - These two sides have faced off once in the cup with Cardiff prevailing victorious on that occassion.

steve025 predicts - Cardiff City 1 vs 2 Nottingham Forest

Norwich City vs Plymouth Argyle

Norwich are going great guns at the minute and sit top of the table in the division. They have won all their home games and despite the visitors doing well the Canaries will be hot favourites here.

Plymouth are just outside the play off spots in 7th position and they will be going all out to get in the top six. They lost narrowly at home to QPR at the weekend so it will be interesting to see how they cope here.

stat attack - Norwich have conceded the fewest goals on home soil so far this season

steve025 predicts - Norwich City 2 vs 0 Plymouth Argyle

Queens Park Rangers vs Birmingham City

QPR know that a win here could see them climb in the top six and after their win at the weekend they will be full of confidence. They have one win so far at home this season and they will be confident of adding to that here.

Birmingham are struggling to find form at the current time and that sees them occupy 13th in the table they lost at home at the weekend so they will want to get their season up and running tonight.

stat attack - Birmingham have won the previous two meetings between the two teams.

steve025 predicts - Queens Park Rangers 1 vs 1 Birmingham City

Charlton Athletic vs Doncaster Rovers

Charlton have started the season in fantastic form following promotion and that sees them sit 4th before tonight's game. A win here could see them top of the table and after their 3-1 away win over Birmingham last time out they will be full of confidence.

Mid Table Doncaster are defying the bookies who had them as certs for relegation before the season began. A win tonight could see them in the play off's and coming off the back of a 3-1 home win against Leicester confidence is sure to be high.

stat attack - This is the first ever meeting between the two teams in 7046

steve025 predicts - Charlton Athletic 2 vs 1 Doncaster Rovers

Leicester City vs Blackburn Rovers

Struggling Leicester could find themselves bottom of the league should they lose tonight and not many will be backing them on their coupons. Their one win so far has come on home soil so that will give them a little hope.

Blackburn have won their last three games and now sit 4th in the table they beat West Ham comfortably at the weekend and they will be heading the King Power full of confidence.

stat attack - The two previous meetings between these sides have both gone the way of Blackburn.

steve025 predicts - Leicester City 0 vs 2 Blackburn Rovers

West Ham United vs Preston North End

Under fire Sean Fitzpatrick knows that he must start winning soon or the fans will turn against him. The Hammers sit 14th in the table a far cry from their predicted promotion spot and their 3-0 away loss at Blackburn at the weekend had the boo boys out in force.

Preston are in fine form heading into this game topping the form table with five wins from six. They edged out bottom club Bury at the weekend and will be hoping to pile more misery on the under pressure Hammers.

stat attack - Preston have scored the most goals in the division with a staggering 19.

steve025 predicts - West Ham United 2 vs 2 Preston North End

Bury vs Watford

Winless Bury will be hoping that this is the game that will kick start their season. They sit bottom of the league with just two points but they have only lost once at home soil that will give them some comfort.

Watford are under new management after the resignation of Brummie Boy and they will be confident heading into this after their win over Derby County at the weekend. despite being 16th Watford could climb to mid table with a win tonight.

stat attack - Bury have won both previous meetings between these two teams.

steve025 predicts - Bury 2 vs 2 Watford

Derby County vs Coventry City

Derby will not be relishing this match one bit when you consider their current form. They sit third from bottom with just one win all season. They lost to fellow strugglers Watford last time around which wouldn't have helped their confidence.

Coventry will be buzzing heading into this after their 6-1 home win over Blackpool on Saturday a result that saw them climb to 12th in division two. A win tonight could push them up near the play off's a massive objective foe the sky blues.

stat attack - Coventry have won three of the four previous matches between the two teams.

steve025 predicts - Derby County 1 vs 3 Coventry City

Blackpool vs Burnley

Blackpool's confidence will be rock bottom after their hammering away at Coventry but a win over local rivals Burnley will go along way to getting back in the fans good books. They will want to better their current 15th position and add to their one home win so far this season.

Burnley have enjoyed a good start to the season and they will be happy with their current 8th position. They beat a decent Reading team at the weekend and will be looking to climb in the top six with another 3 points here.

stat attack - 23 goals have been scored by these two teams in just 4 meetings.

steve025 predicts - Blackpool 1 vs 2 Burnley

Reading vs West Bromwich Albion

Reading have just slipped off the pace after a fine start to the season. They will still be happy with their current 6th place but two defeats on the trot will not have helped them confidence wise.

West Brom are building form steadily and now sit inside the top six in 5th position. They have still won just once away this season and manager Dave Belkevitz will be looking to better that and bounce straight back up at the first attempt.

stat attack - These sides have never met in 7046

steve025 predicts - Reading 1 vs 3 West Bromwich Albion

Division 3 Predictions

Walsall-Hull City 0-2

*2 days ago was the birthday of Hull manager and the boys want to make a gift for him.

Crystal Palace-Chesterfield 0-2

*Chesterfield are a big surprise so far and will continue their run.

Portsmouth -Rochdale 0-2

*Rochdale aren't in a good form and now their main man is out,Osvaldo.

Swansea City-Sheffield Wednesday 2-0

*One of the best team in the League,Swansea are facing a little side tonight.

Millwall-Barnsley 0-2

*Millwall are destroyed by injuries and Barnsley are doing pretty good.

Brighton and Hove Albion-Yeovil Town 2-0

*Brighton with a new manager and some new players will win this

Oldham Athletic-Peterborough United 2-0

*Oldham will easily win this.

Aston Villa-Carlisle United 2-0

*Carlisle are facing Villa tonight but their form isnt the best so they can't stop Villa.

Dagenham & Redbridge-Aldershot Town 0-2

*An easy one for Aldershot.

Ipswich Town-Exeter City 2-2

*A draw here.

DIVISION 4 PREVIEWS

0,,10372~3683438,00.gif

Division 4

Shorpe United - Southend United

11th v 5th.

Shorpe have won there last two games and will hope to try and upset Southends fine run of form which has taken them to 5th place.Both teams look even on paper.

Southend have won the previous 2 meetings and I can see them winning this one again by the odd goal.

Prediction:1-2

Wycombe Wanderers - Bristol Rovers

18th v 15th.

This game looks likey to be a dire affair.Slight preference is for the away side just because the home side has a couple of injuries.

Prediction:0-2

Brentford - Hartlepool United

13th v 3rd.

I think Brentford may make this a hard game for 3rd placed Hartlepool .Brentford have started to show a little form of late and I see them getting a draw.

Prediction:2-2

Burton Albion - Rotherham United

16th v 19th.

What both teams could do with is 3 points, something that both teams havent had recently especially Stewarts Rotherham.The game is finely balanced with 2 wins a piece in the head to head.

Prediction:3-1

Leyton Orient - Notts County

Leyton Oreient are a side that I reckon I could beat with me and a few mates on a side with a scarecrow in the goal .

Prediction :0-5

AFC Bournemouth - Accrington Stanley

12th v 7th.

Bournemouth have stuttered since being relegated last season.Stanley seem to be back in the groove and should win this easily.

Predict 0-4

Colchester United - Northampton Town

17th v 10th.

Northampton boss Sir Abdul should know what tactics to set to beat the unmanaged Colchester.

Prediction:1-3

Southampton - Tranmere Rovers

2nd v 6th place.

Southampton have lost 2 games and will hope to get back to winning ways here.Tranmere have stuttered a bit of late with w/d/l/w/d/l in last 6 games by teh pattern they should win tonight.

Prediction:2-3

Shrewsbury Town - Stockport County

Shrews boss Stuart takes on Hammers Stockport.We all know who most on the forum would want to win :) Yep an easy win for Stockport.

Prediction:0-2

Swindon Town - Gillingham

9th v 14th.

Gillingham look like they have forgot how to win and that should be good news for Ahmad's Swindon.

Prediction 3-1

npowerchampionship.jpg

Turn 9

19/11/2011

Predictions Lite (due to time constraints, this week is a touch shorter on detail than i generally like to produce. And ignore any spelling errors, spell checking went out the window as well....

Plymouth.png Plymouth Argyle - Nottingham Forest Forest.png

Lots of injuries for Plymouth and nowhere near as good as Forest, away win.

Plymouth Argyle 0 – 3 Nottingham Forest

Birmingham-1.png Birmingham City - Norwich City Norwich.png

Terrible form for the hosts but slightly better side. Still gotta go for an away win.

Birmingham City 0 - 2 Norwich City

Doncaster.png Doncaster Rovers - Queens Park Rangers QPR.png

Doncaster have been decent so far, but I can’t see them getting anything against a superior QPR.

Doncaster Rovers 0 – 3 Queens Park Rangers

Blackburn-1.png Blackburn Rovers - Charlton Athletic Charlton.png

Two sides performing well, but Blackburn have a much better side, tight game but home win.

Blackburn Rovers 1 – 0 Charlton Athletic

PNE.png Preston North End - Leicester City Leicester.png

Perfect Preston and Lax Leicester. Gozzy’s side must start winning soon, but maybe not here. Draw.

Preston North End2 - 2 Leicester City

Watford-1.png Watford - West Ham United WestHam.png

Both sides have been very poor but have some quality, The Hammers have a lot more of it though, away win.

Watford 0 – 2 West Ham United

Coventry.png Coventry City - Bury Bury.png

Coventry look to be stronger and in better form than opponents today Bury. I think Bury will come good soon, but not today.

Coventry City 3 – 0 Bury

Burnley - Derby County

Both sides hit by suspension, injury and lack of match fitness, but Burnley will struggle to even put a side out. Another away win.

Burnley 0 - 4 Derby County

West Bromwich Albion - Blackpool

Both sides missing key players and its extremely close between the potential starting line-ups. League form however points to the Baggies.

West Bromwich Albion 2 – 0 Blackpool

Reading - Cardiff City

Despite having a decent side, Cardiff couldn’t buy a win just now while Reading have been decent. Home win, for a change.

Reading 2 - 1 Cardiff City

Note: As I’m limited to 15 images for 20 teams some have missed out on having their logo displayed... Its unfortunate, but so is my performances on Modern Warfare 3 so far.....

DIVISION 4 PREVIEWS :Turn10

0,,10372~3683438,00.gif

Division 4

Gillingham - Shorpe United

Jon's Gillingham have lacked that creative spark to get results in recent games and will have to pick up if they are to get anything from this game .Latty has re-appeared so the club will take a huge lift from this and having won the 3 previous fixtures against Gillingham 3 points look to be there for the taking.Jo is taken to do some damage in the game.

Prediction :0-2

Southend United - Wycombe Wanderers

Villa is struggling to get Wycombe to where they were last season under different management ,they narrowly missed out on the play offs yet this year sit 2nd bottom so not the greatest starts.James Carolan takes over at the reigns of Southend and will be hoping to continue the good form that has saw Southend sit in 6th place prior to this game .I think james will be licking his lips at the prospect of getting that first win under his belt here if he looks at the position of wycombe in teh league and there mega injury list.

Prediction:1-3

Bristol Rovers - Brentford

Both teams are struggling to get victories with quite a few draws in the form .Sitting 13th & 15th things have got to pick up soon for both teams if they are to get themselves going upwards towards the play off zone.Santander looks to be the best shout at first goalscorer but I can see this ending in a share of the spoils.

Prediction :0-0

Hartlepool United - Burton Albion

I don't know what is happening with Will and his Burton side as they have great players and are scoring goals but find themselves in 17th place and with just 1 draw in there last 6 games.Hartlepool on the other hand are flying at the minute and sit up in 3rd place stalking the auto-promotion spots and Yildrim,bangoura & Perotta are banging in goals and assists at a fine rate .If Burton were not is so bad a run of form I would have predicted them to get a result here but the safe money wil be on a home win.

Prediction:2-0

Rotherham United - Leyton Orient

18th versus 20th place here .Stewarts Rotherham will not get many better chances to get 3 points this season as Leyton are struggling in every department and are letting in goals at an alarming rate.This is a gimme 3points.

Prediction:3-0

Notts County - AFC Bournemouth

4th place v 12th place here.Notts county have been a revelation this season

compared to last and find themselves just 2 points behind second place and that automatic promotion spot they have won 4 and drawn 2 of there last 6 games and will be a hard team to turn over on there home patch.Bournemouth have been getting a few results recently with 2 wins and a draw from there last 4 games but I think today they will struggle to get anything from this fixture.

Prediction: 3-2

[NEWBIE MATCH-UP]

Accrington Stanley - Colchester United

7th v 16th.Both teams are under new management and the respective managers will be looking to get there first points on the board at the first attempt.Joe looks to have taken over the more form side although both teams look just as good on paper.Mr Cliffs will not be happy that his top 2 players (Amauri & Floccari) both strikers are injured for this game .I can see this being a close game, Colchester have the better of the stats in previous games 3 wins and a draw although that is all irrelevant now that the new bosses are in.

Prediction :4-1

Northampton Town - Southampton

Sir Abduls side have stauttered in the last 2 games and will look to try and bounce back here against 2nd top Southampton and get his side back up closer to teh play off spots which he is just 3 points off.Southampton are on a 4 game winless run and manager Ryan will be wondering what he has to do to get his team to work for him .I think that Sir Abduls tactical awareness will be enough for him to grind out a result here.

Prediction:2-1

Tranmere Rovers - Shrewsbury Town

Stuart is struggling to get anything from his team and has saw them muster just 1 draw from there last 6 games , they still sit just 43 pounts off the play off zone but will have to address the winless situation soon before they find themselves falling to far behind the chasing group.Shrewsbury are one of my favourites to get an auto Promo spot but they have had a mixed bag of results with L/W/D/L/W/D in ther last 6 games, If that little pattern continues they are due a defeat in this one.Top scorer in the division Elmander will be looking to add to his tally but I fear that Stu will pull out a shock here and scrape a narrow win.

Prediction :0-1

Stockport County - Swindon Town

The Hammer has his Stockport side cruising at the minute and it will take a good manager to knock him off his perch .Fresh from a cup win over a top Premier side albeit a reserve looking team the confidence at Stockport is definitely at an all time high.Swindon are a team that are managed by a top guy in Ahmad but the team are struggling to get things together and sit down in 17th place, they do have a striker who can do damage though in Del Pierro but I dont feel that will be enough to stop the Hammer Time.

Prediction :1-0

Division 1 Turn 10 Previews

premier-league-logo-270.jpg

Liverpool VS Milton Keynes Dons

Liverpool have the squad to destroy MK dons on paper. Football matches are not won on paper as liverpool continue to struggle to build consistency with there results but still 2 points off the top 4 so if they can win this one then I can see them finally building a run of results.

Mk dons have done very well and have made a great start but i dont think they can get a result against a talented liverpool side

Liverpool 2 VS 0 Milton Keynes Dons

Huddersfield VS Fulham

This match has caught the media attention as two of the brightest young managers take each other on in what promises to be a great clash.

Huddersfield made a great early start but have tailed off slightly going on a barren patch of form and generally being outplayed recently. This has not dented the confidence of daniel malone as he concedes he is up against a much better team but he is hoping to outwit young latouche tactically. Daniel has teased about playing the 3-5-2 but we have to wait and see

Fulham boss latouche has really turned fulham round after what was a poor season by his standards last season. He has gone back to the philosphy of attacking teams at every chance and it has really payed off so far but he knows with the table so tight he cannot afford to slip up. Fulham have shown weakness in slipping up against teams like stockport and sheffield united so they have to be careful.

Huddersfield 2-1 Fulham

Wigan Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers

Wigan have made a decent start to the season after tough fixture list ' date=' They will come into todays game on the back of a good performance which they still lost to a good fulham side. They dont have enough to trouble the big boys but the manager is very good and will look to break into the top half this season.

Bolton always seem to be challenging near the top and are a very decent side. They have a side capable of challenging the top 6 spots for sure but they would have liked to get a few points but still in the thick of the action. Got a brillant 3-0 win over leeds so they will come into this full of confidence which should be enough to win this match

Wigan Athletic 1 vs 2 Bolton Wanderers

Leeds v Middlesbourgh

Leeds are struggling big time ' date=' They seem out there depth in this league and some of the points have got have been lucky to say the least. They are leaking goals left right and center and now have xavi , aguero and milito to stop while trying to score past the best in the world iker cassilas. Going to be a long night

Jooles boys have recently come off a defeat against a manager that was clearly better than him so no big issue for him there but he should be pleased with the start his men have made as many expect them to be near the bottom come the end of the season. If there big players xavi , aguero and milito and gattuso play well they can beat anyone but tonight I dont think they need to reach second gear to win this one

Leeds 1 v 3 Middlesbourgh

Wolves v Arsenal

Wolves have made a great start under the guidance of kylan ' date=' beat a very game middlesbourgh away from home and are matching manchester united punch for punch at the moment.Many people wont expect wolves to pick up anything but If I remember correctly kylan's first ever match in charge was against arsenal who he beat 4-2 with RESERVES so he can do it.

Arsenal finally look a team that is capable of challenging top 4 but have sacrificed a lot to do it and I personally think there bubble is going to burst quickly and will get beat tonight by a game wolves side.

Wolves 1-0 Arsenal

Sheffield united v chelsea

This is going to one sided as a Jooles dawson and Floyd mayweather in a boxingmatch its going to be that bad!

Chelsea are having a shocking start no other way to describe it. They have picked up a measly 7 ponts when they were ideally looking at 22 points. Something seems wrong in the chelsea setup whether being the balance isnt there or tactics are not being used well that remains to be seen. I do predict chelsea will roar today and show the world they still have what it takes

Sheffield united 0 -5 Chelsea

Manchester city v Manchester united

This in the past will have been the biggest match in football with all the hype from the managers ' date=' teams being fit and ready to go but we have seen none of it. We have heard nothing from sop as he has imposed a media exile and predator has said little apart from he is resting his first team. This match should be one to watch but sadly the build up and predators confession has disapointed fans. Manchester city to edge things as sop needs to lose.

Manchester city 2-1 Manchester united

Sunderland v spurs

The champions spurs have not made the best of starts in retaining the title and languish in 8th spot after narrowly beating stoke 1-0. They will need a much better performance against a top sunderland side who again are having a early season shocker. And I can exclusively reveal that higuain will be missing for sunderland which should be a HUGE relief to ben. Sunderland will have to watch out for the potent attack of RVP and ibra but since ben is not good at tactics then a draw is most likely

Sunderland 1-1 Spurs

Stoke v Newcastle

Newcastle I have to admit Im a big admirer of the job carl has done. His team are very solid all over the pitch and play with a great attacking style and flair. The defence is also very prudent and with the likes of benzema and nasri in the side then newcastle will be right up there in the fight for top 4. As for the game tonight then it should be won at the canter by newcastle

Stoke 0-3 Newcastle

Everton v Bristol City

Everton boss sean o' neill has done a great job in the market and he shocked world football by bringing mario gotze to goodison park. Things have not been going well on the pitch as they lie just outside the relegation spots but with the team sean has and his superb managerial skill then they should get out and will destroy a hapless bristol city tonight.

Everton 5-0 Bristol city

npowerleague1logo.jpg

Division Three Predictions – Season Four – Turn Ten

• Exeter vs Walsall

Exeter have been on a fine little run taking them out of the dread of relegation and instead to within touching distance of top 6. Walsall are moving in the opposite direction sadly, last game a 2-1 loss at home is certainly not what they need at this time, they'll Santa delivers an early Xmas pressie.

Exeter 3 - 1 Walsall

• Hull City vs Crystal Palace

Hull were on a pretty nasty run but last game managed a 2-1 away at Walsall that result put an end to relegation worries for the mean time, this time they'd be happy with a point. Palace are maintaining their place in the top echelons of the league, just 2 points from the auto's they need a win here.

Hull 0 - 3 Palace

• Chesterfield vs Portsmouth

Mr Tom is back in the league after his frankly awful spell at Swindon first time round where he just about managed to average 1 point per game, and that's quite astounding in itself seen as he was hardly ever there! They play a side just one point behind but also 4 places, Simpson has been in charge a while now last year he managed 5th place and at this stage that would be a good target.

Chester 2 - 2 Pompey

• Rochdale vs Swansea City

The Dale made a fine start last season before dropping back this campaign has begun the same, they'll hope they're able to maintain it this time, it'll be tough though against a team in very good form. After they're horror start the Swans have well and truly turned it round winning 3 from 4 to jump up to a healthy 15th place, even with that poor start as a relegated team they shouldn’t be content with mid table.

Rock Road 3 - 0 Swans

• Sheffield Wednesday vs Millwall

Two in trouble teams play off here, a win for the home side could stick the Wall in massive danger. Wednesday managed 16th last season but already they are treading water at the bottom not where they'd want to be this early. Millwall however are an even bigger enigma since just missing out on play-offs last season they're already 6 off safety, this is a game they really need all 3 points from.

Wednesday 1 - 2 Lions

• Barnsley vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Gazza is still fairly new in his managerial role but at this early stage he his holding his own quite well, joint 5th as I type, the Gotze deal though surely must haunt the man to this day but it's reported the counselling is beginning to have some effect. He's up against another newbie in Mr Preston but he has fared not so well down in 16th right now a far cry from the excellent 4th last season.

Barny 3 - 2 Albion

• Yeovil Town vs Oldham Athletic

Two sides direct in mid table here. Yeovil will be content so far after coming up from the bottom division, for them it's all about putting down some foundations in this league. Oldham finished 11th last term so they are more in the mindset of making progress and in this sort of game a win is needed for that to happen.

Yeovil 2 - 1 Oldham

• Peterborough United vs Aston Villa

The Posh are in truly awful form right now, losing their last 6 games, it's already a 7 point gap to safety and at the moment it only looks like getting worse, worrying times for their fans. Villa on the other hand are still unbeaten this year and despite scoring 3 at home last game they were held to a draw, 4 points clear is all they care about.

The Posh 0 - 4 Villa

• Carlisle United vs Dagenham & Redbridge

Carlisle got a fine draw away at Villa last game, they dropped one place to 6th but that is still exactly where they want to finish after a heartache finale of 7th last season just missing play-offs. Daggers were promoted into this league, they had made a bright start but right now are on a run that could drag them down into major trouble a win would be massive.

Carly 3 - 0 Daggers

• Aldershot Town vs Ipswich Town

Alders have to be this seasons early surprise package after claiming a nervy 17th last year this term they have shot it around and are the only real challengers to the leaders Villa, they would feel this game is very winnable. Ipswich dropped into this division and with the start they've made it's looking like it could be two relegations in two seasons, the 5-2 loss at home last game is not what they needed.

Alders 4 - 1 Tractor Boys

npowerchampionship.jpg

Turn 10

23/11/2011

Cardiff City vs Plymouth Argyle

Cardiff are in massive trouble and sit 2nd bottom of the league ahead of this game. They picked up a decent point away at Reading at the weekend and manager Paul Close will be hoping to build on that here.

Plymouth sit mid table before tonight's game and with just one win from their previous six games they will be hoping their form turns around soon in order to target the play off's. They held a decent Forest side to a draw at the weekend and they will fancy their chances here.

stat attack - In four previous meetings the home side have never won this fixture.

steve025 predicts - Cardiff City 1 vs 2 Plymouth Argyle

Nottingham Forest vs Birmingham City

Big Mo's Forest have been a bit of a disappointment so far this season and sit 9th in the division ahead of this game. They have only one win from their previous six and have won just once at home so far this season. Not the form of promotion favourites.

Birmingham are bottom of the form table with no wins from their previous six games and by the end of tonight they could find themselves in the bottom three. They have scored the fewest goals away from home in all the division so the omens don't look good.

stat attack - 11 goals have been scored between the two teams in just two previous encounters

steve025 predicts - Nottingham Forest 3 vs 0 Birmingham City

Norwich City vs Doncaster Rovers

Table toppers Norwich are overwhelming favourites ahead of this game. They have a five point gap between them and 2nd place PNE ahead of the game and with six straight wins they are in fine form.

Doncaster have slipped off the pace after a decent start and have now lost their last three games. They were tipped to struggle by the bookies and come the end of play tonight just 1 point could separate them from the bottom three.

stat attack - Norwich are the only team left in the division with a 100% home record

steve025 predicts - Norwich City 2 vs 0 Doncaster Rovers

Queens Park Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers

QPR have hit form again and are now unbeaten in four games which sees them sit 4th in division 2 before tonight's game. They edged by Doncaster last time out in the league and a win tonight could potentially see them sitting in 2nd place should other results go their way.

Blackburn are one of the bookies favourites for promotion and their current form is true to that. They have won four of their previous six matches and sit just behind their host in 5th place. They have not lost away from home and will be slight favourites to win in my opinion.

stat attack - Blackburn have won the previous two meetings between the two sides scoring 9 goals in the process.

steve025 predicts - Queens Park Rangers 1 vs 3 Blackburn Rovers

Charlton Athletic vs Preston North End

Charlton will be happy to be sitting 3rd in the league following their promotion but after suffering defeat against fellow promotion hopefuls Blackburn at the weekend it will be interesting to see how they approach this game against a strong Preston side. They have only lost once at home so far this season winning the other three so they will take heart from that.

Preston have started the season in wonderful form and they will be delighted to be sitting 2nd at the moment. They lost at home to struggling Leicester at the weekend so will be wanting to get back to winning ways tonight.

stat attack - Charlton have scored 11 goals at home this season joint 2nd highest in the division.

steve025 predicts - Charlton Athletic 2 vs 2 Preston North End

Leicester City vs Watford

Leicester picked up a massive 3 points away at high flying Preston last time out to climb away from the relegation places but their injury and suspension worries still remain and that will have the Foxes fans worried.

Watford continue to struggle and now sit in the bottom 3 following a 3-1 home defeat to West Ham at the weekend. They have lost three out of four away games but will fancy their chances in this contest.

stat attack - each side has a win each in two previous meetings.

steve025 predicts - Leicester City 0 vs 1 Watford

West Ham United vs Coventry City

Hammers manager Sean Fitzpatrick lifted some of the pressure with a decent 3-1 away win last time around but their current 13th position will still have the East Londoners worrying. They still have only one win from four home games but with the visitors struggling as well they will be favourites.

Coventry seem to be suffering from a play off hangover and after some decent results their confidence took a major knock by suffering defeat to Bury at the weekend. They will want to finish higher than their current 14th position and avoiding defeat tonight will be a big plus.

stat attack - Coventry's 20 goals conceded is the worst in the division along with Blackpool

steve025 predicts - West Ham United 3 vs 2 Coventry City

Bury vs Burnley

Bury have won their last two league games to climb off the bottom of the table and into 16th place. They beat a decent Coventry side away last time out and a win here could see them as high as 12th come the end of tonight.

Burnley have been dogged by inconsistency so far this season and that sees them occupy 11th place in the league. They drew 0-0 at home to bottom club Derby at the weekend a result that angered the fans so a win here is vital to avoid slipping near the relegation spots.

stat attack - Bury have failed to beat Burnley in two previous attempts

steve025 predicts - Bury 1 vs 1 Burnley

Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion

Bottom club Derby are in all sorts of trouble with just one win all season. They held Burnley away from home at the weekend and they will need to replicate that defensive display to have any chances of of getting anything from this fixture.

West Brom are in the top six but a 3-0 home defeat to Blackpool last time out will have been a major dent to their confidence. They have a decent squad of players for this division and will be clear favourites to win tonight.

stat attack - West Brom have lost just once away this season so far

steve025 predicts - Derby County 1 vs 3 West Bromwich Albion

Blackpool vs Reading

Blackpool have their eyes on the top six following their fine win last time out. They sit 7th in the division ahead of this game and should they win tonight they could climb as high as 4th.

Reading have slipped off the pace after a fine start and now sit 8th in the division still good going for a side who have just been promoted. Their away form is ok and they know a win tonight could see them back in the top six.

stat attack - Reading have won the previous two meetings between the sides.

steve025 predicts - Blackpool 1 vs 2 Reading

The Championship

NpowerChampionship.jpg

Turn 10 – Weekend Games – 26-11-11

Birmingham-1.png Birmingham City - Plymouth Argyle Plymouth.png

Match to Miss

Birmingham continue to struggle at this level and it seems the early league prediction for them is coming true. Despite the managers best efforts the team just doesn’t seem good enough to survive in the division. Sandalls has done a good job with the resources at his disposal, but without strengthening the side, it looks like the writing could be on the wall even this early in the season. To make matters even harder for them this week, they go into this game without their main creative influence James Milner who’s injured.

Plymouth come into this game relatively intact but their league form is hardly better than Birmingham’s. Despite getting off to a good start they have now failed to win in five games and are slipping rapidly down the table. Their squad is marginally better than their hosts this weekend but they could be another team facing a long hard season.

Two teams in free fall meet in what could be the “game to miss” this weekend. I think Plymouth may just about have enough to come out on top here, but not by much and Sandalls may yet pull something out of the bag. Hopefully what he pulls out will be a centre back….

Birmingham City 0 – 1 Plymouth Argyle

Doncaster Rovers - Nottingham Forest

Doncaster got off to a solid start this season, but, as predicted by a certain previewer who shall remain nameless (me) have been badly affected by the loss of midfield lynchpin Lucas. Since his injury Rovers have been in freefall and have lost the last three games in a row. If that wasn’t bad enough, they come into a game against a far superior Forest side with a virtually all of their fist choice eleven not match fit after a late night at the Justin Beiber concert.

Forest seem to have finally stabilised. They still aren’t winning many games but they are at least proving harder to beat. Another draw midweek meant they stay in the top half of the table, even if only just. They come into this game with a fully fit side hoping to finally get their season back on track.

Looking at the two sides there’s a massive gulf in class here. Not only will Forest field a stronger starting eleven, but they will field a fully fit side, something Rovers can’t do. Let this be a lesson, Bieber is the Devil reincarnate.

Doncaster Rovers 0 – 3 Nottingham Forest

Blackburn-1.png Blackburn Rovers - Norwich City Norwich.png

Match Of The day

Two teams meet in what will be a hotly contested game. Both sides are full of confidence and playing good football.

After a shaky start Blackburn have been playing very well of late, second only to opponents today Norwich. It’s a strong side and the only one of the so called big teams in this league to actually be performing well. They will come into this game with only minor injuries to worry about so I would expect the manager to go all out for the win here before Venkys pack his star players off on a promotional tour of Iran.

There are not enough superlatives to describe how good a job Josh Horne has done with his table toppers. Norwich have cofounded all expectations this season and sit proudly at the top of the league with a healthy seven point lead. The squad is certainly not one of the strongest and the fact they have picked up so many points already points to talented management. The optimists amongst us will be hoping they can keep this level of performance up, the pragmatists will probably feel it’s just a matter of time before reality starts to catch up with them, and the Hugh Laitmer’s amongst us peer suspiciously through the window looking for 3-5-2 pentagram’s in the dressing room. Either way, for a team that was a favourite for relegation before the season started they look to be all but safe just ten games in.

There’s not a great deal between the sides in terms of form, but Rovers will certainly field a stronger side than Norwich and also have home advantage. I’m reluctant to bet against Norwich in this form, but Rovers look to be the more likely winners.

Blackburn Rovers 2 – 1 Norwich City

PNE.png Preston North End - Queens Park Rangers QPR.png

This could be “Match of the Day II” as second play fourth.

Preston have been playing well this season and deserve their second place. The last two games have seen a drop in performance however but manager Razvan Van Gaal will be hoping this has been a minor blip rather than anything else. Preston have a decent side, but have been strengthened further by the addition of three solid loans coming in. They will go into this game fully fit and the manager will be able to field his strongest line up.

QPR have also been playing quite well this season and look like living up to their expected play off place prediction. They lack the quality throughout the side that Preston have however and desperately need their aging star men to stay fit. Rangers will be forced into a reshuffle up top with Peter Crouch suspended after a harsh red card for banging his head on one of the camera helicopters in their last game and this may see Dot Cotton wannabe Shevchenko go into the side as a shorter and more useless replacement.

There’s not a great deal between these two sides either in form or players, but home advantage may be enough to give Preston a slight edge. Personally I can’t see past a draw here.

Preston North End 1 – 1 Queens Park Rangers

Watford-1.png Watford - Charlton Athletic Charlton.png

Watford are in bad shape coming into this match. A solid win midweek has taken its toll on the players and the majority of them

come into this game not match fit. The squad was already relatively light on quality and they really will struggle here. Luckily manager Mike Hoodless has just signed a sponsorship deal with ProPlus so they may at least get through the first half. They’ve been poor so far this season and that run looks set to continue here. Another Bieber victim?

Charlton have performed above expectations so far this season and sit in an impressive third place. Manager Chris Hogg has

done an outstanding job with a mediocre side and deserves credit. They have found things tougher of late but will expect to get a solid win here.

I can’t see past Charlton here. Watford will struggle to get through the first half without taking a battering and if the manager fields his youth side you can realistically expect a cricket score here.

Watford 0 – 5 Charlton Athletic

Coventry City - Leicester City

Coventry have been somewhat patchy of late with two defeats in three games. They currently sit in the wrong half of the table as a result and need to start improving sooner than later. The side itself is average for this level but with some strengthening could push for a playoff place. They go into this game with only minor injury concerns however and you feel they will probably go for broke against ailing Leicester.

Amazingly Leicester still sit bottom of the league ten games into the season and any hope of promotion are fading fast. Manager Gozzy continues to struggle to find a formation that works for them and until he does you feel Leicester will struggle to get going. This could be another tricky test for them however and defeat will surely see more pressure heaped on to the poor manager who this week was given a vote of confidence from his board (ironing board that is). Injuries and suspension will also add to the difficulty of the task, as will that tricky going-out shirt that always looks creased…..

This could be a tough battle for both sides, but with Leicester hampered by injuries I’d have to go for a Coventry win. Leicester could be in Division 4 by the end season at this rate....

Coventry City 2 – 1 Leicester City

Burnley - West Ham United

Burnley have been in good form so far this season but look like they will really struggle in this game. With both forwards injured and the rest of the squad not match fit it’s difficult to see what sort of line up the manager will play especially with the rest of the squad being so thin. Some clever strengthening could turn the side into genuine playoff contenders. He may as well write this one off though and go watch Paranormal Activity 3, it’ll be less painful than watching this.

West Ham have struggled to get any kind of consistency going so far this season. Good performances followed by bad followed by bad followed by good means they find themselves mid table when you really would expect them to be top four. The new manager seems to still be coming to grips with the team but he needs to get the team performing if he wishes to get back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Burnley, despite being in better form, will almost certainly lose this match due to the poor fitness levels of the side. I would expect the Hammers to be out of sight by half time meaning only the goalkeeper need turn out for the second half before slotting home a fourth goal in the 93rd minute after great link up play with himself.

Burnley 0 – 4 West Ham United

WestBrom.png West Bromwich Albion - Bury Bury.png

West Brom have been hit’n’miss so far this season but find themselves in the right half of the table. It’s a decent side and could be title contenders with one or two players extra. Without some strengthening they can expect to stay mid table however. They come into this game on the back of a defeat but will be hoping they can get back on track with a win over a poor Bury side.

Burt are really struggling at this level so far and despite having a good manager, the lack of quality in the side is painfully apparent. They have played better recently but with injuries to key players their starting 11 is considerably weaker than The Baggies.

West Brom should win this with relative ease. Man for man they are better than Bury and I expect this to tell by the end of the game.

West Bromwich Albion 2 – 0 Bury

Reading.png Reading - Derby County Derby.png

Reading are another team in patchy form so far this season. They sit mid table at present and with a very average squad the manager is going to need to pull a few rabbits out of hats(maybe a pigeon too) to keep them afloat this season. They are relatively injury free so far though so the manager can choose what formation he wants to play going into this match.

Derby look to have finally jump-started their season after an awful start. Unbeaten in their last four games, they seem to have remembered that the ball going in their net is a bad thing and have started putting it in the other one, though they do still get confused after half time. None the less, they now look like they can climb the table and put a run together. It’s not a bad side they have and with the right sweet nothings whispered in the right ears could finish in the play-off spots.

Derby certainly have a stronger side and the fact they seem to be hitting form at the right time (let’s face it, there’s never a wrong time to hit form is there) could mean they run out comfortable winners here.

Reading 0 – 2 Derby County

Blackpool.png Blackpool - Cardiff City Cardiff-1.png

Blackpool have been playing well so far this season and are currently in the play-off spots. If they can keep up the good recent performances there’s nothing to stop them staying there and pushing for automatic promotion. Manager Gurnak Singh has done a good job so far with an average team and deserves credit for the strong league position. They will however come into this game with some defensive troubles but should have enough depth to cover this.

Cardiff by contrast have been poor so far and hover just outside the drop zone. On paper they have the stronger squad, though the starting line-ups are very similar, but just haven’t had the performances so far this season. They too will have to shuffle the pack as they miss one of their main front men but have adequate cover as well. To be fair, Bukharov will probably do a better job than human lard bucket he’s replacing.

Both sides will field a similar calibre of player but Blackpool have home advantage and better form in their favour, I think that will be enough to tip the game in their direction.

Blackpool 2 – 1 Cardiff City

Note: As I’m limited to 15 images for 20 teams some have missed out on having their logo displayed... It’s unfortunate, so was that incident with the Mrs's underwear. I mean it was dark, I didn't realise, anyone could have made that mistake...

Division 4 | Turn 11

0,,10372~3683438,00.gif

Turn 11 is a tricky one for many in 7046 as they ran out of fingers to count on in their last league game and November's a chilly month to be removing socks and it is the first turn of the season in which more than two syllables are required. The last total solar eclipse in England occurred on August 11th 1999 at 11:11am as Jooles sat down; he's been forced to stand ever since. There isn't all that much going on in Division 4 unfortunately. A bit of a crunch game between Tranmere and Swindon and a wooden spoon scrap for Bristol Rovers and Burton but otherwise, rather boring.

NXYy_KCaPfE

Wycombe Wanderers (19th) vs Shorpe United (12th)

The form is with Shorpe as are the previous games between these two. Wycombe are languishing near the foot of the table and I expect Mr Latimer to pounce on their vulnerability, like a lot of clergymen do nowadays... On past performances this should be high-scoring but neither side has been particularly prolific or soft defensively so this might buck the trend slightly.

Brentford (11th) vs Southend United (6th)

Both sides are in similar form and games between them have been tight as a miser's fist. Both are missing a few players though none seem that important. Ultimately, I'm going to cop out and call it a draw.

police-on-beat-415x275.jpg

Cops out; a rare sight today.

Burton Albion (18th) vs Bristol Rovers (17th)

Burton are in terrible form and The Pirates' isn't much better. Rovers are however, still without a lot of key players whereas Albion's players are all available, just dead on their feet through lack of match fitness. I'm going to call it as another draw.

Prediction: 2 - 2

Leyton Orient (20th) vs Hartlepool United (2nd)

The O's are on a big losing streak, they're rooted to the foot of the table, they're missing a couple of players and they're playing a fully fit, in-form side. I think the real question here is how many will the Monkey Hangers score?

Prediction: 1 - 3

5502337877_71022b71b1.jpg

Hartlepool's strikers will be in fine form.

AFC Bournemouth (13th) vs Rotherham United (16th)

Both have 2 wins, draws and losses in their last 6, both have identically rated top players and both are missing someone through injury. I think all this points to another draw...

Colchester United (15th) vs Notts County (3rd)

Benno is back! He'll probably lose here as Notts are quite good and have the distinct upper hand in games between the two. Could well be a high scoring encounter as well.

Prediction: 0 - 2

1_ikea_benno_tv_media_118X50_cm_instructions_1.jpg

Benno; simple and easily figured out.

Southampton (4th) vs Accrington Stanley (9th)

New Accrington boss Joe will rest all his NMF players resulting in a comfortable Southampton win resulting in Joe moaning a lot. Well, that's what's in my script anyway. Gaitan may well impress after his rise.

Shrewsbury Town (10th) vs Northampton Town (8th)

The Shrews have capitulated somewhat recently and I think that may well continue here with Northampton in fine form. The Cobblers have annihilated Shrewsbury in previous visits so a home win would be surprising.

Prediction: 0 - 2

51FCBEACXEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Crumbles and Cobblers; accurately depicting Shrewsbury's defence against Northampton.

Swindon Town (7th) vs Tranmere Rovers (5th)

Key game here but I think Steve's Tranmere can get a crucial win. Form and history is in their favour so I reckon he can cement himself in the play-off spots and possibly catch up with the top 2 giving Swindon their first home defeat of the season.

Prediction: 1 - 2

Stockport County (1st) vs Gillingham (14th)

Hammer's in a tiny rough patch at the moment but I think this could be the game where he gets back on track before his side capitulates in the big league reviews. Recent form is with County and Gillingham's form is far from great.

Prediction: 2 - 1

Judge_Hammer.jpg

Hammer's form will be going, going, gone with the big leagues getting reviewed.