Sign in to follow this  
Jooles

English Championship 7046 Previews & Predictions Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Previews & Predictions Thread

Division 1 Predictions - Turn 9

Exeter City v Bristol City

High-flying Exeter City who are currently sitting in 3rd place in the table host a struggling Bristol team tonight. Exeter have had an amazing start to the season and have shocked pretty much everyone as they are currently 3rd in the table after 8 matches. Bristol on the other hand have had a very disappointing start to the season with just 7 points from 8 games and they are just one place above the relegation zone as they currently sit in 17th place. Exeter managed a draw on Wednesday against a very strong Sunderland side with Denilson getting both of Exeter's goals. Denilson is the man to watch from Exeter as he's had a very impressive time so far with 4 goals from 7 matches. Bristol on the other hand were undone by Manchester City as they were beaten 2-1 by the Citizens. I think tonight's match is going to be a close one but I'm backing Exeter to continue their impressive form and get the win tonight. Diego Forlan will be the star tonight. My prediction:

Exeter 2 - 1 Bristol

Forlan brace for Exeter, Huntelaar to score for Bristol

Bury v Sunderland

The battle of the newcomers! Two teams which were promoted last season from Division 2 face off against each other as Bury host Sunderland. Bury manager Neil will be more or less okay with his side's performance so far as they away from the relegation zone as they're currently in 13th position in the table. Raz on the other hand will be furious with how his team has performed so far as they're currently in 19th place, having picked up only 7 points so far. There is however some positives for Sunderland as they're team of stars has finally started performing as they've managed to get a win and a draw from their last two matches, both of which were against strong teams - Bristol and Exeter. The players to watch tonight are Loic Remy of Bury and Edinson Cavani of Sunderland. Cavani has been very impressive since he signed for Sunderland with 2 goals and 2 assists from 4 starts. Remy has also had a good start to the season with 2 goals and 4 assists in 8 starts. I'm backing Sunderland to get a comfortable win over Bury tonight and I'm expecting them to be too much to handle for Bury. My prediction

:

Bury 1 - 3 Sunderland

Cavani and Reus to score for Sunderland, Remy for Bury

Charlton v Manchester United

Charlton have a very tough match tonight as they face 2nd placed Manchester United tonight. Charlton manager Chris Hogg is definitely one of the best in the league and despite his team being one of the weaker in Division 1, his side are still high up in the table currently sitting in 5th place. United have been impressive so far and they're currently second in the table, only behind Tottenham Hotspur. United had a tough match against Bury on Wednesday but managed to get a narrow 1-0 win. Charlton got a well-earned 0-0 draw with 'Boro on Wednesday and Chris will be happy with that result. Charlton are definitely a tough team to face but I don't think they'll be able to stop United tonight and I'm backing United to get the win tonight. Narrow but still a United win. My prediction:

Charlton 0 - 1 Manchester United

Torres to score the only goal of the match

Leeds United v Middlesbrough

Leeds manager Akin will be happy with his side's 2-1 victory over Carlisle on Wednesday but will face a very tough task as Leeds host Middlesbrough tonight. Jooles will be disappointed with how his side performed against Charlton as Charlton had the upper-hand throughout the match but will be happy with the draw as the stats show that 'Boro were lucky to get even a point from the match. In terms of table position, both managers will be more or less happy with their start even if they could've had a better start as 'Boro are in 4th position and Leeds in 11th. 'Boro's Argentinian stars will be too much to handle for Leeds tonight, I think Middlesbrough are going to get a comfortable win tonight. My prediction:

Leeds United 1 - 3 Middlesbrough

Aguero brace, Milito one goal for 'Boro, Farfan to score for Leeds

West Bromwich Albion v Carlisle

Carlisle have been absolutely rubbish so far this season and have shocked many as they are shocking last in the table after 8 games with just 7 points from 8 matches and a GD of -8! West Brom on the other hand have had a good start as they're currently in 8th position and they are one of the weaker teams. Both teams suffered losses on Wednesday as Carlisle lost 1-2 to Leeds and West Brom lost 1-0 to Tottenham. I don't think there'll be anything to split the teams tonight and I think honours will be shared. Schurrle and Dost will be the stars for their respective teams tonight in my opinion. My prediction:

West Brom 1 - 1 Carlisle

Dost and Schurrle to score

Stoke City v Tottenham

League Leaders Tottenham Hotspur take on 15th in the table Stoke City tonight and I think this is going to be a very imbalanced match with Tottenham cruising to a victory. Briand has been impressive for Stoke with 4 goals already and he scored against Fulham on Wednesday too but don't think he'll be able to prevent the inevitable tonight. Van Persie is in amazing form (as usual) with 7 goals and already and he's going to add to that tally tonight. My prediction:

Stoke City 1 - 4 Tottenham

Van Persie and Bale brace, Briand one goal for Stoke

Liverpool v Fulham

One of the closest matches tonight as Dan's Liverpool host Dom's Fulham. Liverpool have had a horrible start with just 8 points from 8 games whereas Fulham have been okay so far as they're currently 7th with 13 points. Fulham have been on a very good run of form with 3 wins and a draw from their last 5 games and their best performers have been Pedro with 4 assists and Hulk with 4 goals. They're the players to watch from Fulham. On paper Liverpool are without doubt the better side with big names such as Muller, Rooney, Ribery, Robben etc. but the question is whether any of those names will turn up tonight? I think they will. My prediction:

Liverpool 2 - 1 Fulham

Rooney brace for Liverpool, Hulk to score for Fulham

Nottingham Forest v West Ham

Forest are currently 12th in the table whereas West Ham are in 16 the place and both of them will be hoping to climb a few places in the table after tonight's match. Forest had a pretty good start but then it all went downhill as they've struggled to get a win as they've had 4 draws and a loss from their last 5 matches. Iniesta has definitely been the star for Forest so far and is the man to watch tonight as he always seems to play well. West Ham haven't really had any positives so far this season as they've only managed to get 2 wins from 8 games so far this season. I don't think they're going to get their third win of the season tonight. My prediction:

Nottingham Forest 2 - 0 West Ham

Iniesta and Kuyt to score for Forest

Huddersfield v Everton

This is IMO going to be the most boring match of the night and there'll be very little to split the two teams. Huddersfield have had a very disappointing time so far as they're currently in the relegation zone in 18th place. Everton are on a good run of form as they're currently in 12th place and they've managed to win their last 3 games. Suarez will be the deciding factor in this match. My prediction:

Huddersfield 0 - 1 Everton

Suarez to score the only goal of the match

Chelsea v Manchester City

The match of the day! Both teams filled with stars with Chelsea having players Fabregas, Ramos, Silva, Falcao etc. and City having the little magician Leo Messi, Higuain, Benzema, Hummels etc. City are on a good run of form as they've managed to win 5 of their last 5 matches and Chelsea have also had a good run of form recently with 3 wins and 3 draws from their last 6. Di Maria is the man to watch from the City camp as he's been outstanding so far with 5 goals and 4 assists from 8 starts and from the Chelsea camp the player to watch is Carlos Tevez who's scored 6 goals already. It's going to be a very exciting match but City will emerge victors. My prediction:

Chelsea 2 - 3 Manchester City

Messi brace, Di Maria 1 goal for City, Tevez and Falcao to score for Chelsea

Division 4 Predictions - Turn 9

Millwall v Cardiff City

• Millwall with Craig sits on a healthy 6th position while Cardiff still struggle to get a few points.Cardiff sits on a stupid 19th position because of their inactive manager.Park Ji Sung been so far best Millwall player,scoring 5 goals while Gignac from Cardiff only scored 4 goals.Millwall are coming after a win while Cardiff didn't felt the win from 4 or 5 games.My cash is on Millwall to win this

Millwall - Cardiff 2-0

Burton Albion v Wycombe

A good game here...5th against 3rd.Burton with as did decent recently and come after a win.Ruben Castro is in form of his life with 3 goals and 4 assists in start of the new season.On the other way..Wycombe is coming after a lose but they got Ola Toivonen who scored 4 and assisted 3 so far.Both are good teams with decent managers there.My cash is on Burton to win this though.

Burton - Wycombe 2-1

Brighton and Hove Albion v Doncaster

The king of this country,Aaron is doing simply awful!This round finds him on 18th but at least he's coming after a win.Doncaster is coming after a lose but that was enough to find him on 10th.We must keep the eye on Esswein who seems to be the stand-out name in this game.My cash is on a draw though.

Brighton - Doncaster 1-1

Stockport v Hartlepool

The brazilian second team which sits on 2nd faces the 16th one.There is a mess in Ryan's team and don't understand how he can do so badly because he's a top manager.My cash is on Stockport of course.

Stockport - Hartlepool 1-0

Brentford v Rotherham

This is a good game.Rotherham manager,Stew recently refused to manage Arsenal in their way to Premier League.He's had the chance to manage 2 top teams in Premier League so far but he turned them down to stay at Rotherham.He sits on a comfortable 1st with Rotherham though.Brentford on the other way sits on 17th without a win in last 6 games.This should be an easy game for Stew.My cash is on little Rotherham.

Brentford - Rotherham 2-3

Shorpe v Gillingham

Decent game this one between 2 even sides with 2 good managers.Shorpe has many injured palyers and that might cost them this game...I'd put the cash on a draw.

Shorpe - Gillingham 0-0

Southend v Accrington

Well,Accrington Stanley will go on holiday tonight and this will cost him a win tonight.His young ladies will suffer without him...I'd put a cash on a draw again.

Southend - Accrington 0-0

Leyton v Bristol Rovers

This is a no brainer game in my opinion.Leyton is one of the best teams in Division 4 and shouldn't even be there.Leyton should get 3 points out of this easily.

Leyton - Bristol 2-0

Colchester v Oldham

A pretty even game again.Both teams are in pretty much same position 15 and 13th.They got good managers and a few good players too.I'd put the cash on a draw with a few goals.

Colchester - Oldham 1-1

Aldershot v Shrewsbury

For god sake..another pretty even game.8th vs 7th.Both teams got decent players probably a little advantage towards Aldershot.Both teams are coming after a win but Shrewsbury got a Cuevas who scored 6 goals so far..Form of his life.I'd put the cash on a Shrewsbury win.

Aldershot - Shrewsbury 0-1

Division 4 Predictions

Matchday 10 – 03/07/13

Shrewsbury Town v Millwall

Both teams have had a moderate start to the season, with only 2 points separating the two. However, both teams go into this with different form, Shrewsbury won their last game by annihilating Aldershot 4-1 away from home, whilst Craig’s last game saw his Lions lose 1-0 at home to Closey’s Cardiff. Shrewsbury’s form should see them edge this.

Shrewsbury 2-1 Millwall

Cardiff City v Burton Albion

Burton are 8 points ahead of Cardiff in the league, are they are challenging to be in the top two with this game. If it weren’t for Cardiff’s lucky win against Millwall in the last game, they would be second bottom, and that is telling of their chances in this game. Ashtini will win.

Cardiff 0-3 Burton

Wycombe Wanderers v Brighton

Aaron has been inactive lately, and that shows in his league position, second from bottom. Wycombe have been enjoying themselves much more recently, as they sit in the play-offs, with some very strong performances. However, Aaron is back, and with a slight shift in tactics, he could do something here. It will be close though.

Wycombe 1-1 Brighton

Doncaster Rovers v Stockport County

Stockport are doing fantastic this season, and are second only to a very strong Rotherham side. Their Brazilian team is full of class, and should be able to defeat Donny without any difficulty.

Doncaster 0-1 Stockport

Hartlepool United v Brentford

Two teams in the bottom four come face to face here, in a battle of the depths of Div 4. Against stronger sides, both would struggle. However, against each other, it looks set to be a much more entertaining game. Brentford should win, but not by much.

Hartlepool 3-4 Brentford

Rotherham United v Shorpe United

Rotherham have recently enjoyed a great relief, as manager Machine has rejected a move to London giants Arsenal to carry them through this season. As long as they have not spent too much time out celebrating, Rotherham should sweep Scunny aside easier than Spain did Tahiti.

Rotherham 5-0 Shorpe

Gillingham v Southend United

Erding, Southend’s star striker, is leading the goal scoring charts for the division this season, and he should easily fire Southend to victory against Burrow’s lowly Gillingham side.

Gillingham 0-2 Southend

Accrington Stanley v Leyton Orient

Stanley have suffered some atrocious form this season, and sit bottom with just 4 points from a possible 27. They have a great young team, but in comparison to Geoffrey’s Orient side, he will suffer another in a long line of defeats. I just hope Wayne’s form picks up soon!

Accrington 1-3 Leyton Orient

Bristol Rovers v Colchester United

Just two points separate these two teams, and they are very evenly matched. Colchester have a strike force of Ighalo and Sobiech, whom are both very good players, and they should be able to edge out Rovers, but not without difficulty.

Bristol Rovers 2-3 Colchester

Oldham Athletic v Aldershot Town

Here are two teams that sit hand in hand in the standings. Neither are weak, but with the deal that Aldershot got in the sale of Lukaku, they have enough class that they should be finding their time in Div 4 a lot easier than they are. However, for whatever reasons, they are not. And this will be very close because of that.

Oldham 0-0 Aldershot.

Division 2 Predictions – 03/07/2013

MK vs Coventry

Milton Keynes have a recent cup victory against Man City to help spur them to victory in this game. Coventry however, having been knocked out in the 1st round, will have rested players for today’s match.

Prediction: MK 1-2 Cov

Bolton vs Villa

Bolton will hope that drawing games doesn’t become a habit like it had for their opponents. Damiao has scored for them in the last 2 outings and will be looking to get on the scoresheet again this time. Only time will tell if Villa have finally ended their drawing in nearly every game. Hopefully for them its ended after their win against Wolves and most recently against Saints in the cup. What’s the betting this one’s a draw!

Prediction: Bolton 1-1 Villa

Wolves vs Watford

Wolves are one of two teams that have got themselves a new manager recently. Aidan Radford is the man for the job and has summoned a mass clearout of his new 72 man squad. With him in charge they are sure to pick up points. Because of that John Harman’s Hornets will struggle to beat them today. Tello of course will have to start scoring again, if not Guidetti. As long as they don’t have a game where they let in 5 again like they did 3 games ago against Swansea, they may get something.

Prediction: Wolves 2-2 Watford

Burnley vs Notts County

Burnley have lost their undefeated record after their loss to Watford on Saturday. Sometimes they seem to forget how to score and it could cost them later down the line as right now they slip to 3rd. County however would love to be in Burnley’s position after they suffered their 4th loss in a row. They would like to get Fred scoring again.

Prediction: Burnley 0-0 County

Portsmouth vs Newcastle

Pompey are getting some good results at the moment despite their earlier shield exit by Dagenham and the injury to frontman Bafetimbi Gomis. They find themselves in 2nd place but must not become complacent against a Newcastle side who are very capable. The Toon Army have managed to start scoring again and Lewandowski even got a goal from the last game against Swansea, which ended 2-2.

Prediction: Portsmouth 1-2 Newcastle

Swansea vs Rochdale

The Swans have scored 10 goals in their last 3 games compared to their opponents 3 goals. It makes you wonder why they are in 15th. Bottom of the table Rochdale have lost 8 out of 9 matches. They have yet to draw a match but I doubt the club that sit bottom of the division will be able to even get that.

Prediction: Swansea 3-0 Rochdale

Blackpool vs Yeovil

Blackpool have won their last 3 games which is great for a team considered the worst in the division. Yeovil sit just below Blackpool in 9th position winning their last game but haven’t really had a run of good form yet. I don’t believe they will today.

Prediction: Blackpool 1-0 Yeovil

Sheff Utd vs Preston

Sheffield United had won 3 games in a row before they lost to Yeovil last, and the Blades should get back to winning ways today against a Preston side that haven’t done anything since they impressively beat Arsenal 4 games ago.

Prediction: Blades 2-0 Preston

Wigan vs Arsenal

Wigan are on the lookout for a striker who will be their main man up front. They have won their last 2 games but won’t be as confident today playing against a top side. Arsenal have their brand new manager in place in the guise of The Mar, who celebrated by beating Blackburn 3-0 on Saturday. It puts them back on top by 3 points.

Prediction: Wigan 2-3 Arsenal

Blackburn vs Walsall

Rovers look to get back on track again after their last game against Arsenal ended in a 3-0 loss. They will need to have their frontman whoever he is on top form today. Walsall’s new boy Fernando Llorente opened his account for the team in the last league game and were unlucky not to win the match. Klose played in the cup match against Swindon, scoring 2 goals, and he may play again today. They also have Papadopoulos which has helped strengthen their defence.

Prediction: Rovers 1-3 Walsall

EC7046 - Division 1 Predictions - Turn 13

Charlton v Bury

9th placed Charlton host 13th placed Bury tonight in a match which sees two of Division 1's weaker teams face off. The hosts will be disappointed with their 2-1 loss to Exeter on Wednesday since they had many as many chances to score as Exeter did but lacked in the finishing department. Bury manager Neil on the other hand will be absolutely delighted with his side's 1-2 win at the Etihad as they pulled off a huge upset against an incredibly strong City side. In terms of form, Bury have had a tough time the past couple of weeks with only 1 win from their last 6 matches and Charlton have been very mercurial - they win one match convincingly and then go on to get dominated and lose the next. It's definitely going to be a very interesting match tonight between these two teams, it'll be close but I'm backing Charlton to get the win. My prediction:

Charlton 2 - 1 Bury

Leeds United v Exeter

Leeds United who are currently 10th in the table face a tough challenge tonight as they face an in-form Exeter side who've been playing well above everyone's expectations of them as they currently sit in 4th spot in the table. Exeter earned a hard-fought 3 points on Wednesday against a side with one of the best managers in the league - Charlton as they won 2-1 at home. Leeds drew 1-1 against Bristol but manager Akin will feel his side were unlucky not to come out with all 3 points on the night. Exeter have been in good form with 4 wins and a draw from their last 6 and Leeds have also put together a decent run of form as they're now unbeaten in 5. I'm predicting a boring match tonight with very little chances and Exeter to win by the narrowest of margins. My prediction:

Leeds United 0 - 1 Exeter

Bristol City v West Brom

Bristol are struggling at the moment as they're in one of those three dreaded relegation spots, currently 19th in the table. Bristol's strength is their attack and manager John Henry will be hoping that his attackers can win him the match tonight against West Brom tonight. West Brom got a massive result on Wednesday as they beat a much much stronger Sunderland side 1-2 and that too away from home. West Brom will be relying on Djebbour to find the back of the net and Bristol manager John will be hoping his new signing Soldado can lead his side to victory. I don't think there'll be anything to split the two teams tonight. My prediction:

Bristol 1 - West Brom

Stoke City v Sunderland

Two of the newly promoted teams to Division 1 - Sunderland and Stoke face each other in a match which promises to be a very interesting one for the neutral viewer. Sunderland manager Raz seems to have finally found his feet in Division 1 and although his side are still 18th, they have looked much better than they did at the start of the season. Only one loss for Sunderland in their past 6 league games - not bad, not bad at all. Stoke manager Reggu will be happy with how his side have been performing as they're not in the relegation zone and they've managed to win 4 of their past 5 matches, their only loss coming against league leaders Middlesbrough. Watch out for Sunderland's Star Brazilian tonight. Neymar has been in fine form with 4 goals and 3 assists in just 8 starts. One has to wonder why Raz isn't starting his best performer so far this season in all of Sunderland's matches. I'm backing Sunderland to get the win tonight. My prediction:

Stoke City 1 - 3 Sunderland

Liverpool v Manchester United

MATCH OF THE DAY! Two of 7046's best managers and two of 7046's best teams face off tonight in what is without a doubt the Match of the Day. 17th placed Liverpool host 3rd placed United. Liverpool manager Dan will be furious with how his side has performed so far this season as they're currently 17th in the table! Nobody predicted that one (not even me :P) United on the other hand are right where they were expected to be, challenging for top spot. Manchester United will be worried about the German Hitman, Mario Gomez who has been in fine form for Liverpool with 5 goals and 3 assists as well. United also have another player to worry about tonight as United's former star Rooney has also been impressive so far this season with 5 goals and 2 assists. United's main men tonight are without a doubt Mesut Ozil and Fernando Torres. Ozil has performed consistently for United and is their most dangerous player and the German has already scored 9 goals this season. Torres has also been impressive so far with 3 goals and 6 assists from 12 starts. It's going to be a high-scoring match tonight. Plenty of tension as well as Rooney was a United player and Torres was a Liverpool player. Going to be a very very exciting match. My prediction:

Liverpool 2 - 3 Manchester United

More to come...

DIVISION 1 PREVIEWS

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

SMH's Views may offend.

SMH's Previews -5 GAMES TO GO!

Division 1

Charlton-Leeds

3rd place Charlton still have slim hopes of the title so will be hoping to heap more misery on relegation threatened Leeds, Charlton have won their last three on the trot so will be confident but Leeds will be hoping that they can keep up their unbeaten record against Charlton, a record which has saw them win four and draw once, Can Charlton finally get a win against Leeds?

Prediction :Charlton 1 Leeds 2

Bury-West Brom

Bury will be glad they have got what looks to be enough points on the board to avoid relegation as they have lost 6 in a row and look very out of sorts expect 6th place Wast Brom to add 3 points here and keep them in the hunt for a champions league spot.

Prediction : Bury 1 West Brom 5

Exeter-Stoke

I fully expected both these sides to be fighting for relegation going into the home straight but both are playing above expectations especially little Exeter who are stalking CL spots, I expect there to be lots of goals in this .

Prediction : Exeter 2 Stoke 3

Bristol City-Liverpool

Bristol have had a tough time this season and lie perilously close to the trap door to division 2, Liverpool have won 5 and drawn 1 of the last 6 games against Bristol so will be confident of grabbing 3 points to help push themselves up into that top 4.

Prediction : Bristol City 1 Liverpool 3

Sunderland -Forest

Mo and his Forest are down in the relegation zone and look up chit creek without a paddle, Raz's Sunderland humped them 4-1 away so there is no reason to see why they can't do the same at Stadium of Light.

Prediction: Sunderland 5 Forest 0

_70079959_badges2.jpg

A NEW TITLE TO GO WITH A NEW BADGE?

Man United-Huddersfield

Two seasons ago these teams finished first and second respectively in the league, oh how the might have fallen, with 5 games to go both teams will have to push to try and make the top 10 , I expect this game to be close with a share of the spoils a high probability.

Prediction: Man United 1 Huddersfield 1

Boro-Chelsea

Two top teams here both safe from relegation and a small sniff of CL spot, Strange stat for this game is the sides have played each other 6 times , 3 each at home and the home side has lost on every occasion, 3 points to Chelsea to keep up the trend.

Prediction : Boro 1 Chelsea 2

Carlisle -Everton

Everton are 5 points clear with 5 games to go, their form in league has been slightly patchy of late, while Carlisle are in fine fettle unbeaten in last 6, the 4 previous games between the sides have produced 20 goals so expect a cracker, I foresee this as a banana skin for Everton though.

Prediction : Carlisle 3 Everton 1

Spurs-West Ham

Spurs title hopes have slipped after losing last 3 league games, they will be hoping to get back on track against bottom side West Ham , the Hammers are 6 points off safety if they are going to save themselves nothing less than a win today is good enough IMO.

Prediction : Spurs 1 West Ham 1

Man City -Fulham

Man City are 2nd bottom and are leaking goals , they have shown a slight resurgence but have blipped losing last 4 , 2 in league and 2 in cup, they are up against a Fulham side who are seriously chasing Everton for the title, they are 5 points behind and if they are to keep the pressure on they need a win here, A dent for Fulhams title hopes or a nail in Man City's relegation chances?

Prediction: Man City 1 Fulham 4

DIVISION 1 PREVIEWS

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

SMH's Views may offend.

SMH's Previews -4 GAMES TO GO!

Division 1

Leeds-Man City

We always used to say 43 is the magic number for safety, I think it will be 42 points to be safe this season, Leeds are on 41 and in 16th so by my reckoning just need a point and I think that is what they will get against a Man City side that looks to have somewhat been neglected this season, Man City will be up for this though as their slim chance of a Houdini act diminishes with every game, previous games between the sides have always been full of goals with 35 goals in the 6 previous meetings so expect a cracker.

Prediction : Leeds 2 Man City 2

West Brom-Charlton

Yeah this game might not sound like a potential Champions League qualification decider but that is what it may turn out to be, I think that is testament to a couple of great managers who have worked their sides to the best of their abilities, there is not much between the sides on paper although Charlton are the highest scorers in the league they do need to shore up their defense a bit as if that were more solid they would have been serious title challengers this season, I think that leaky defense will cost Charlton today as West Brom have the capabilities of unlocking it.

Prediction : West Brom 3 Charlton 1

Stoke-Bury

Stoke have just came back up this season and to be honest are performing like a club that has just came up, they will be hunting 3 points here as they push to get in top 10/11 for a Europe spot, I doubt much hunting will be needed though as Bury have lost 7 in a row and hunting 3 points against Bury has become pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel, Bury are on 44 points so look to be safe but not sure what has happened to put them on this dismal run, they will have to get it sorted for next season or they will be favorites for the chop before the league even starts.

Prediction : Stoke 2 Bury 0

Liverpool -Exeter

It is 5th place versus 3rd place it may look a hard one to predict as Exeter are flying, I am not sure how though as they have a middle of the range side with just one 90 rated in the side, David is pushing for manager of the season in my eyes but in trying to keep the previews as honest as possible I can only see one winner here and it is the mighty Liverpool as they are better in every department on the field and their manager is probably one of the best in the division as well :)

Prediction : Liverpool 3 Exeter 1

Forest -Bristol

17th place versus 18th place, This is a relegation clash make no bones about it, on one side we have Forest with no wins in last 6 against a Bristol side who have lost their last 3 in a row, Bristol might be struggling to mix playing in Europe with league fixtures, this is a hard one to call as both sides are playing so poor, Forest have the highest amount of draws in the league so with that statistic I call this all square, a result that might not be enough for either side come the end of the season.

Prediction : Forest 1 Bristol 1

Huddersfield-Sunderland

Huddersfield's recent form including a 5-1 win over Man United has probably done enough to save them this season, they are on 42 points and probably only need 1 more point in last 4 games to make sure of survival, they take on Sunderland who have a great squad and are performing well in first season in top flight under Raz, Sunderland won the reverse fixture 4-2 but I think Huddersfield will get revenge for that and continue their good run of form.

Prediction : Huddersfield 3 Sunderland 2

Chelsea- Man United

Once apon a time this would have been an important tie but this season it is just a mid table battle of obscurity which won't excite many of the fans just like lowest league scorers Chelsea and fall from grace Man United have been doing all season, I don't expect much from this game and wouldn't be surprised with a nil all result.

Prediction : Chelsea 0 Man United 0

Everton -Middlesboro

Top of the table Everton seem to be crumbling as the chasing pack hunts them down, they have taken just 7 points from their last 6 games which is the 4th worst in the division they take on Boro who are the form side of the division and are in the semi finals on the Champs league, the sides have drawn 3 of the last 4 games against each other and seem to a share of the spoils seems an easy call.

Prediction : Everton 1 Boro 1

West Ham -Carlisle

West ham have taken 10 points from last 6 games and are doing their utmost to crawl their way out of the relegation zone, is it too much too late? Carlisle have no worries of relegation , their 12 points taken in an unbeaten last 6 games has eased any worries of that and a continued push of that form could see them finish top 6 , this game is a tough one to call as Carlisle are a better side but I think West Ham will want it more.

Prediction : West Ham 2 Carlisle 1

Foolham -Spuds

Where do I start with this one? Hmm Foolham are punching above their weight but could have been top if they had won their last two games instead of drawing them, Foolham have been known to choke at this stage of the season so its no surprise they aren't putting up a better challenge, Talk about choking and here is Spuds, 4 straight defeats with just 1 goal scored it has saw them drop like its hot down to 7th place, Can they pick up the pace and put a nail in Foolhams challenge?

Predictions : Foolham 2 Spuds 2

DIVISION 1 PREVIEWS

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

SMH's Views may offend.

SMH's Previews -3 GAMES TO GO!

Division 1

Leeds -West Brom

Leeds will be glad to have strung together 3 wins from last 3 games to get them up to 44 points, they are 6 points clear of the drop zone with 3 to play and look safe, they play a West Brom side punching above their weight up at the other end of the table, West Brom will be a bit gutted to have lost there last game as it pushed them out of Champions league places but they can get back on track here with 3 points, West Brom have the best away record in the division.

Prediction : Leeds 1 West Brom 2

Charlton -Stoke

This should be a good game as both teams have players who are scoring goals, Stoke mostly with Eto'o [20 goals] and Charlton with Negredo & Mavumba[30 goals between them], Charlton won the reverse fixture 6-2 so it is hard to predict anything less than a Charlton win now they are playing at home.

Prediction : Chatlton 4 Stoke 2

Bury -Stoke

Bury have lost 8 in a row which has saw them fall dramatically down to the table, strange that of the 8 defeats 5 of them have just been by an odd goal, they play a Liverpool side that has won its last 4 league games on the bounce, on paper it should be an easy Liverpool win but Bury surprised them with a 2-1 win in the reverse fixture so you never know,Liverpool have the best defense in the league.

Prediction : Bury 0 Liverpool 2

Exeter -Forest

Forest have really been struggling but will be buoyed by that 1-0 win over fellow relegation candidates Bristol last time out which has pushed them out of the drop zone by 1 point, they face an Exeter side who have been in tremendous form and occupy the last Champions league slot, Exeter will be hoping that their quality home form [3rd best in division] will hold up today, Forest have only won 3 away all season so it may be too much for them to add a 4th, last 3 games between the sides have been all square.

Prediction :Exeter 1 Forest 1

Bristol City- Huddersfield

Bristol dropped into the relegation zone with defeat to Forest last time out and with just 3 games to go they need to find some form, 4 straight defeats is hardly encouraging but a win over Huddersfield today would drag Huddersfield right into the relegation mix, Huddersfield have strung together some decent results lately, a point here would put them on 43 points and would be relatively safe, they have lost the last two against Bristol 2-0 so its a hard game to call.

Prediction : Bristol 1 Huddersfield 0

Sunderland -Chelsea

Sunderland are just 6 points off the top and still have a mathematical chance of taking the title, especially considering they have top of the table Everton next but to keep that dream alive they need to get past a decent Chelsea side, the worry for me is Chelsea have scored just 1 goal per game in their last 5 league games, not really inspiring, Chelsea did win the reverse fixture 2-1 so its an open game.

Prediction : Sunderland 2 Chelsea 1

Man United- Everton

Both these teams have been having a mixed run of form but Man United have been dreadful, Everton have beat them the last 4 times they have played and there is no reason to say that will not be the case again today, Easy Everton win to put them one step closer to the title.

Predictions : Man United 0 Everton 3

Boro -West Ham

Two of the form sides in the division meet, Boro are 11 games unbeaten in all comps, 7 in the league and are climbing up the table slowly they play a West Ham side who are fighting hard to get out of the relegation zone and whatever the manager has done it is working as they have won 3 and drawn 1 of last 4 league games, they are still in relegation spot but have reduced the deficit to 1 point, West Ham won the reverse fixture 2-1 bit I think Boro will exact revenge this game.

Prediction : Boro 3 West Ham 0

Carlisle -Fulham

Carlisle have been in decent form bar that defeat last time out to West Ham , they take on Fulham who are challenging for the title, Carlisle have played Fulham 3 times winning once and drawing the other two, Fulham will be trying to break that mould as they try and mount pressure on Everton at the top, a share of the spoils looks a fair call.

Prediction : Carlisle 1 Fulham 1

Man City - Tottenham

Tottenham have lost 5 on the bounce in the league but I can see them getting back to winning ways today against a Man City side who are all but relegated, a defeat here for Man City would probably be the last nail in the coffin as they are 5 points off safety with the worst goal difference in the league, they need to win their last 3 to save themselves but with just one win in last 6 league games I cant see that happening.

Prediction : Man City 1 Tottenham 3

DIVISION 1 PREVIEWS

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

SMH's Views may offend.

SMH's Previews -2 GAMES TO GO!

Division 1

Division 1

West Bromwich Albion 2 -3 Manchester City

Stoke City 2-0 Leeds United

Liverpool 2 -2 Charlton Athletic

Nottingham Forest 2 -0 Bury

Huddersfield Town 1 -1 Exeter City

Chelsea 3-1 Bristol City

Everton 1 -2 Sunderland

West Ham United 1 -5 Manchester United

Fulham 1-2 Middlesbrough

Tottenham Hotspur 1 -1 Carlisle United

OyA0Tsn.png

blogbannerblack_zpse324be9c.png

Here's the BLOG FORECAST for TURN 7

Wednesday 13th NOV 2013 MATCH 6

DIV-1

TOTTENHAM 2 CHELSEA 0

LIVERPOOL 1 MIDDLESBROUGH 1

NOTT'M FOREST 1 FULHAM 2

BRISTOL CITY 3 LEEDS UTD 3

BLACKBURN 1 BURY 3

SUNDERLAND 3 STOKE 0

CARLISLE 2 EVERTON 2

CHARLTON 1 MAN UTD 4

EXETER 0 WEST BROM 0

BOLTON 0 ARSENAL 3

DIV-2

WEST HAM 0 ASTON VILLA 2

WALSALL 4 SHEFF UTD 1

MK DONS 3 BLACKPOOL 2

SWANSEA 5 NOTTS COUNTY 2

PRESTON 0 YEOVIL 0

HUDDERSFIELD 2 DERBY 2

PORTSMOUTH 0 MAN CITY 1

BURNLEY 0 CRYSTAL PALACE 3

NEWCASTLE 3 WIGAN 3

WATFORD 1 TRANMERE 2

DIV-3

SHORPE 3 ROTHERHAM 1

BRIGHTON 1 BOURNEMOUTH 0

SOUTHAMPTON 3 COVENTRY 3

NORTHAMPTON 0 PLYMOUTH 3

ROCHDALE 1 WOLVES 1

IPSWICH 3 DAG & RED 2

READING 0 Q.P.R 2

SWINDON 0 LEICESTER 0

PETERBOROUGH 2 BIRMINGHAM 3

BARNSLEY 1 CHESTERFIELD 1

DIV-4

OLDHAM 0 SHREWSBURY 1

ACC STANLEY 2 WYCOMBE 1

NORWICH 5 BRENTFORD 1

ALDERSHOT 2 HARTLEPOOL 2

** MILLWALL 2 BRISTOL ROVERS 1

BURTON ALBION 4 SHEFF WED 2

LEYTON ORIENT 3 COLCHESTER 0

GILLINGHAM 1 SOUTHEND 0

CARDIFF 1 STOCKPORT 3

DONCASTER 0 HULL 3

** Guest Forecaster - LUIS VEIGAS

OyA0Tsn.png

Here's the BLOG FORECAST for

Saturday 16th NOV 2013 MATCH 7

DIV-1

MIDDLESBROUGH 1 CHELSEA 1

FULHAM 0 LIVERPOOL 1

LEEDS UTD 2 NOTT'M FOREST 0

BURY 2 BRISTOL CITY 1

STOKE 1 BLACKBURN 0

EVERTON 3 SUNDERLAND 2

MAN UTD 4 CARLISLE 2

WEST BROM 2 CHARLTON 0

ARSENAL 3 EXETER 1

BOLTON 1 TOTTENHAM 3

DIV-2

SHEFF UTD 2 ASTON VILLA 0

BLACKPOOL 1 WALSALL 1

NOTTS COUNTY 1 MK DONS 0

YEOVIL 1 SWANSEA 3

DERBY 3 PRESTON 0

MAN CITY 1 HUDDERSFIELD 2

CRYSTAL PALACE 2 PORTSMOUTH 4

WIGAN 4 BURNLEY 1

TRANMERE 0 NEWCASTLE 2

WATFORD 2 WEST HAM 2

DIV-3

BOURNEMOUTH 1 ROTHERHAM 1

COVENTRY 2 BRIGHTON 3

PLYMOUTH 5 SOUTHAMPTON 3

WOLVES 2 NORTHAMPTON 0

DAG & RED 1 ROCHDALE 2

Q.P.R 1 IPSWICH 0

LEICESTER 1 READING 1

BIRMINGHAM 2 SWINDON 0

CHESTERFIELD 0 PETERBOROUGH 0

BARNSLEY 3 SHORPE 1

DIV-4

WYCOMBE 0 SHREWSBURY 1

BRENTFORD 0 ACC STANLEY 2

HARTLEPOOL 1 NORWICH 2

BRISTOL ROV 1 ALDERSHOT 3

** SHEFF WED 3 MILLWALL 1

COLCHESTER 2 BURTON ALBION 4

SOUTHEND 2 LEYTON ORIENT 0

STOCKPORT 1 GILLINGHAM 1

HULL CITY 1 CARDIFF 0

DONCASTER 2 OLDHAM 3

** Guest Forecaster - SIRMARKHUGHES (Dan Malone)

OyA0Tsn.png

Wednesday 20th NOV 2013 MATCH 8

DIV-1

TOTTENHAM 1 MIDDLESBROUGH 0

CHELSEA 2 FULHAM 2

LIVERPOOL 2 LEEDS UTD 0

NOTT'M FOREST 1 BURY 1

BRISTOL CITY 2 STOKE 1

BLACKBURN 0 EVERTON 1

SUNDERLAND 2 MAN UTD 1

CARLISLE 3 WEST BROM 2

CHARLTON 0 ARSENAL 3

EXETER 3 BOLTON 4

DIV-2

WEST HAM 1 SHEFF UTD 2

ASTON VILLA 4 BLACKPOOL 2

WALSALL 3 NOTTS COUNTY 1

MK DONS 3 YEOVIL 0

SWANSEA 1 DERBY 0

PRESTON 0 MAN CITY 0

HUDDERSFIELD 2 CRYSTAL PALACE 0

PORTSMOUTH 2 WIGAN 3

BURNLEY 1 TRANMERE 0

NEWCASTLE 2 WATFORD 1

DIV-3

SHORPE 0 BOURNEMOUTH 0

ROTHERHAM 3 COVENTRY 1

BRIGHTON 1 PLYMOUTH 0

SOUTHAMPTON 1 WOLVES 4

NORTHAMPTON 1 DAG & RED 1

ROCHDALE 3 Q.P.R 2

IPSWICH 2 LEICESTER 2

READING 1 BIRMINGHAM 2

SWINDON 0 CHESTERFIELD 2

PETERBOROUGH 1 BARNSLEY 1

DIV-4

OLDHAM 2 WYCOMBE 3

SHREWSBURY 1 BRENTFORD 0

ACC STANLEY 2 HARTLEPPOOL 1

NORWICH 3 BRISTOL ROV 2

** MILLWALL 2 COLCHESTER 1

ALDERSHOT 0 SHEFF WED 1

BURTON ALBION 2 SOUTHEND 0

LEYTON ORIENT 2 STOCKPORT 4

GILLINGHAM 3 HULL CITY 5

CARDIFF 1 DONCASTER 3

** Guest Forecaster - LONGNOSE

OyA0Tsn.png

Saturday 23rd NOV 2013 MATCH 9

DIV-1

FULHAM 3 MIDDLESBROUGH 1

LEEDS UTD 0 CHELSEA 0

BURY 1 LIVERPOOL 3

STOKE 3 NOTT'M FOREST 0

EVERTON 2 BRISTOL CITY 0

MAN UTD 1 BLACKBURN 0

WEST BROM 0 SUNDERLAND 2

ARSENAL 2 CARLISLE 2

BOLTON 1 CHARLTON 0

EXETER 1 TOTTENHAM 4

DIV-2

BLACKPOOL 0 SHEFF UTD 2

NOTTS COUNTY 1 ASTON VILLA 1

YEOVIL 1 WALSALL 2

DERBY 2 MK DONS 3

MAN CITY 0 SWANSEA 1

CRYSTAL PALACE 3 PRESTON 1

WIGAN 4 HUDDERSFIELD 2

TRANMERE 0 PORTSMOUTH 3

WATFORD 1 BURNLEY 4

NEWCASTLE 3 WEST HAM 0

DIV-3

COVENTRY 2 BOURNEMOUTH 2

PLYMOUTH 0 ROTHERHAM 2

WOLVES 1 BRIGHTON 2

DAG & RED 4 SOUTHAMPTON 1

Q.P.R 3 NORTHAMPTON 0

LEICESTER 1 ROCHDALE 1

BIRMINGHAM 3 IPSWICH 1

CHESTERFIELD 4 READING 2

BARNSLEY 1 SWINDON 0

PETERBOROUGH 3 SHORPE 0

DIV-4

BRENTFORD 2 WYCOMBE 0

HARTLEPOOL 1 SHREWSBURY 2

BRISTOL ROVERS 1 ACC STANLEY 3

SHEFF WEDNESDAY 1 NORWICH 3

COLCHESTER 2 ALDERSHOT 5

** SOUTHEND 1 MILLWALL 1

STOCKPORT 2 BURTON ALBION 0

HULL CITY 3 LEYTON ORIENT 3

DONCASTER 2 GILLINGHAM 3

CARDIFF 1 OLDHAM 2

** Guest Forecaster - [JMH]

ENGLISH SHIELD ROUND 2

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

SMH's Views may offend.

Leyton Orient - Sheffield United

A nice battle here I think will be decided in penalty shoot out.

Bristol City - Notts County

I fancy Bristol City to be too strong for County, decisive home win.

Ipswich Town - Millwall

Injury ravaged Millwall to be sent packing from Ipswich.

Accrington Stanley - Hull City

Hull will boss Stanley with a few goals win.

Blackburn Rovers - Plymouth Argyle

A welcomed break from the Premier grind for Blackburn but I think this will go to penalties.

Brighton and Hove Albion - Gillingham

Brighton should cruise past Gillingham who will be weakened dramatically through injuries/suspensions.

Preston North End - Bristol Rovers

Preston should ease past managerless Bristol, easy home win.

Milton Keynes Dons - Manchester City

Man City to show the Dons who is the boss.

West Bromwich Albion - Swindon Town

West Brom to struggle to a penalty shoot-out win.

Everton - Wycombe Wanderers

Premier Champs Everton to make a mockery of Wycombe with a massive win.

Chesterfield - Carlisle United

This game has penalties written all over it.

Coventry City - Wigan Athletic

Managerless Wigan to shock Coventry.

Aldershot Town - Chelsea

No shocks here as Chelsea obliterate Aldershot with a sizzling scoreline.

Leeds United - Tottenham Hotspur

Leeds to win this one with a late winner.

Rotherham United - Arsenal

Arsenal to get booted out at the hands of lowly Rotherham, the shock of the night.

Reading - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Another tie likely to be settled in the cruelest of ways by means of penalty kicks.

Newcastle United - Doncaster Rovers

Newcastle to win by a couple of goals.

Northampton Town - Sunderland

Last years winners Sunderland will ease past managerless Northampton.

Fulham - Charlton Athletic

This one is probably the tie of the round, I see this as a high score draw with the penalty lottery deciding the winner.

Sheffield Wednesday - Burnley

Burnley to win this at a canter.

Oldham Athletic - Walsall

This has nil-all written all over it.

Birmingham City - Exeter City

Birmingham to kick Premiership Exeter out on their ear.

Blackpool - Stockport County

Tough one to call as both are flying in their respective leagues but I think Stockport will want it more.

AFC Bournemouth - Derby County

I think Bournemouth could surprise Derby today with a win.

Rochdale - Swansea City

Rochdale should beat Swansea whose managers has been awol for a few weeks.

LIVERPOOL - Cardiff City

This one has penalties written all over it.

Crystal Palace - Queens Park Rangers

I think QPR will just edge this one.

Brentford - Peterborough United

Apart from a division there is not much between these sides, penalties will decide the winner.

West Ham United - Portsmouth

The Hammers will win this comfortably.

Tranmere Rovers - Middlesbrough

Boro will win this one by the odd goal.

Burton Albion - Norwich City

Norwich are flying but I think Burton will bring them down with a bang.

Bolton Wanderers - Southend United

This one has penalties written all over it.

THE BIG MATCH PREDICTS

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

SMH's Views may offend.

THE BIG MATCH FROM ALL FOUR DIVISIONS

Man United-Everton

To say the former champions and current reigning champions have had a bad start is an understatement but both have started to slowly fire their way up the league, Cavani & Aubameyang have been the main scorers for Man United and Baines & Suarez for Everton, If the last four meetings between the sides is anything to go by then Everton are assured of the three points as they have won the last four straight.

Prediction Man United 0 Everton 1

Hudderfsield -Walsall

Huddersfield have won just one game in six which has saw the recently relegated club drop to 4th place in the league, they are taking on Walsall who are probably the most in-form team in 7046 as they are on a 9 game winning run, Klose & Kokorin have amassed 16 goals between them and look likely to cause Huddersfield problems.

Prediction Huddersfield 1 Walsall 3

Ipswich-Brighton

Second place Ipswich take on third place Brighton in Division 3 game of the day, Ibrahimovic will be a massive miss for Ipswich and I can see Brighton taking advantage with a win here, both managers will be hoping Peterborough drop some points against promotion chasing Coventry.

Prediction Ipswich 0 Brighton 2

Cardiff -Brentford

The Cardiff manager seems to be absent quite a lot which is a shame as if he put some effort in I think he could do well, they are taking on Promotion seeking Brentford who have put together an unbeaten run of 9 games to sit on the edge of the play-offs I think they will go 10 unbeaten after today, there is a slight chance of a draw but I think they will just edge it as their defense has been so mean only letting in 1 goal in last 7 games all comps.

Prediction Cardiff 0 Brentford 1

THE BIG MATCH PREDICTS

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

SMH's Views may offend.

THE BIG MATCH FROM ALL FOUR DIVISIONS

Blackburn-Liverpool

Blackburn easily beat Liverpool in the reverse fixture but I think the Liverpool boss underestimated them a touch too much, allegations of match fixing ensued..No underestimations this time it will be full out WAR, with Sandro, Okore, Tiago & De Jong missing all Liverpool need to do is keep Ilicic quiet.

Prediction 0-5

Watford-Yeovil

With no points on the board after the first eight games to say the Yeovil fans were expecting relegation is an understatement, 5 wins and 3 draws from last 9 games has them 2 points clear of the drop-zone, what a marvel that Mr.Malcolm is!Watford now occupy that bottom spot mostly because they have only won 3 of the 20 league games, they will be buoyed by the fact that two of them wins have came in the last few games though, I expect a high-scoring game but what way will it go?

Prediction 2-4

Barnsley-Wolves

Stephen is a man who knows about the play-offs and he has got his Barnsley side up to 6th and 4 wins from last 6 is food form to take on a struggling Wolves who just cant find their feet after getting relegated last season, they are tumbling down the league, a double relegation on the cards?With Gonzalez, Almeida & Lemina out, SES & Hernanes will hopefully get Wolves cracking again, I just can't see it though.

Prediction 5-1

Millwall-Stanley

Its 4th v 5th and this looks to be a good battle, Millwall are free from injuries which I think will prove the key to this game they have won 2 and drew 1 of last 3 games with Stanley and I can see them adding another win here.

Prediction 2-0

Plymouth Argyle v AFC Bournemouth

Match Preview

New Plymouth manager James Burrow takes charge of his first home game on Saturday night, facing a Bournemouth side facing a battle against the drop. Plymouth are not yet safe themselves, and two straight league defeats, including a 6-4 loss to Brighton in which Burrow watched on from the stands, leaves the Pilgrims just five points above the drop, and four above their opponents.

Plymouth are forced into one change with the injured Alan Kasaev set to miss the next fortnight with a bruised shin. Ahead of tomorrow nights game, Burrow revealed that the club had agreed terms on four new players, and hoped that all would be signed in time to feature against Bournemouth. Ivorian striker Didier Drogba has since left the club for Walsall, and Sergi Roberto and Diego Contento have been left out of the squad ahead of possible moves away. Loan signing Jon Flanagan is expected to make his debut at full-back.

Bournemouth will give late fitness tests to French striker Olivier Giroud and winger Kevin Mirallas, after both picked up slight knocks against Coventry. A clean sheet will be the biggest priority for relegation threatened Bournemouth, whose last shut out came in the 4-0 win over Northampton at the beginning of January, and have conceded ten goals in their last five games.

The previous meeting between the two sides was an entertaining 3-3 draw at the Goldsands Stadium, with a late Brown Ideye goal denying the Pilgrims what would have been an undeserved victory given the amount of possession the home side had.

Coventry City v Plymouth Argyle

Match Preview

Plymouth Argyle travel to Northampton's Sixfields Stadium to take on Coventry City in what could be seen as some as a fight for the play-offs.

Coventry are five points off the top six, closing in on 6th-placed Barnsley after a 3-2 victory over Shorpe. Plymouth have undergone a radical overhaul since new manager James Burrow took the helm, and an emphatic 4-1 win over Bournemouth has lifted the South coast club to within 4 points of Wednesday night's opponents, with the manager stating that he is looking up the table, not down.

Coventry are forced into one change after full-back Gregory van der Wiel limped off with a thigh injury during Saturday's game. Marcos Rocha or Bakari Kone could deputise for the Dutchman. Elsewhere on the field, Aleksandr Kerzakhov is likely to continue in a lone front man role, while Wout Brama may have to make do with a place on the bench, after Fernando and Axel Witsel netted at the weekend.

Plymouth could name an entirely new eleven for the game on Saturday. Andreas Isaksson has since been sold to Kasimpasa, and Claudio Pizarro, scorer of two goals in the 4-1 win over Bournemouth, has been granted leave to speak to Bayern Munich over a transfer. New signings Alex McCarthy and Adam Le Fondre are expected to make their debuts deputising for the pair. Jack Colback may make his debut replacing the on-loan Jon Flanagan, while Scott Arfield may keep his place after a scoring debut.

One of the last remaining survivors of Plymouth's mass exodus scored for the Pilgrims in the 1-1 draw against Coventry at Home Park. Andreu Fontas scored an early goal for Kerzakhov to equalise just before the break.

The Standout Games Prediction Post in Appreciation of Jooles D

EC7046-logo.png

Tuesday night was bit of a pleasant surprise for this old jaded pundit, a message from what I thought was a long lost, but not forgotten, friend and adversary of old, Jooles D. He popped in, caused some mischief on the forum, and disappeared from our dreary lives again like the sun being blocked out by Big Mo’s massive ass. So in his honour, a one off perdition post from some of the better games happening 7046 tonight.

Of course we start with Boro themselves…

Turn 32 – Midweek Games – 29-4-15

Boro_zpsftyrh20r.pngMiddlesbrough – Tottenham HotspurSpurs_zpsvz2n4kz5.png

Boro have been on a decent run of late, just one defeat in 6 games has propelled them into the top half of the table and they’re now hunting down a champion’s league spot. A title push may be a little too much to ask at this stage but its not impossible. The arrival of some younger legs in the side (Jonas – 31, Eto’o – 34, Alex – 32 and Sagna – 32) may help with the energy levels as they use that youthful enthusiasm to chase balls older players may have given up on, but it remains to be seen if that’s enough to catch the league leaders. One thing the side do have in their favour however is the knowledge of how to win league titles, and it goes without saying that Dawson will want to go out on a high before his move to Fulham at the end of the season. Rumoured move I mean. Speculated even. Potential move? Hypothetical? Nevermind…

Spurs are not without title aspirations of their own however and they have a real chance of catching the leaders. They also have just one defeat in the last 6, but have the second best form of all the top tier teams, unfortunately for them the team with the best form is the team their hunting down. Newman’s side also know how to win having last finished top of the pile two seasons back. While the side haven’t progressed as much as some others around them they still have some top top players there.

This looks like being a mouth-watering clash between two title pretenders with good sides, especially with both being previous winners. Spurs look stronger overall, but since this thread is in honour of Dawson, I’m picking his side to win this by a fine margin of around 6 clear goals…

Middlesbrough 7 – 1 Tottenham Hotspur

MK%20Dons_zpsuxf5kzdz.pngMilton Keynes Dons – BuryBury_zps4gqdjquy.png

MK Dons have had a nightmare of a season so far, currently sitting 18th in the table. In fairness, Will has built a really good side and continues to try improving where they can. Whether the results have been poor due to bad luck or poor man management is for you to decide, but their patchy recent form isn’t in doubt. Luckily for them, their opposition tonight has been even worse…

Bury have been poor right through the season and look to be in even more trouble than their opponents tonight. The side isn’t the worst one in the league, that title probably belongs to Watford, but they lack a lot of the quality other teams have. A run of form with just one win in 6 games does little to boost their confidence ahead of this six-pointer however and they face an uphill battle even against another team at the wrong end of the table. While I don’t think Noisy has done a bad job I still can’t see them hanging onto their top flight status.

My prediction for this match has to be a Dons win, they have a better side, home advantage, and marginally better form.

Milton Keynes Dons 3 – 0 Bury

Swindon_zpsjgczt7ik.pngSwindon - Northampton Town Northampton_zpsym0kxjwb.png

Swindon have been in solid form lately and have one of the deeper squads in the division. What they lack in outright quality they make up for with strength in all areas, and this has meant they’ve been consist all season without pulling up any trees. Gibson hasn’t done much to improve his side this season however, and I can’t help but feel that one or two key additions may have been the difference between Division 1 and falling just short.

Look up ‘Inactive in the transfer market managers’ in Google and your likely to find a picture of The Butcher looking back at you. With no deals in or out all season he currently holds the record for the least active in that regard, but don’t let that fool you into thinking the side will be easy pickings, its actually one of the strongest on the league with a raft of talent right through. While their form has been a little patchy of late they still look favourites to finish in one of the top two positions, especially with Sheffield’s recent implosion meaning they haven’t won in 49 games.

Both sides have quality, but far more of will be in the away sides starting 11 than the home sides. Even with home advantage I can’t see Northampton losing here and will take them for a narrow win.

Swindon 1 – 2 Northampton Town

Note: As I’m limited to 15 images for 20 teams some have missed out on having their logo displayed... It’s unfortunate, but so is my erection ‘issue’.

Note 2 – A small £10 treble on all three winners will net you a cool £180, odds courtesy of SMH betting blog.

Note 3 – I had intended to review more games, but a lack of times means I can’t, so there.

Note 4 - If you spot any spelling or grammar mistakes ignore them, I haven't got team to correct every little thing, all right!

Game 38 – Relegation looms!

EC7046-logo.png

To pay homage to what is quite possibly his last ever game in Division 1 I thought it only fitting to return the favour and for old time’s sake roll out the old preview thread again to examine 7046 legend and hero to many Alurcard and his last game of the season and assess his chances of survival. So here we go, first up, Carlisle vs. Everton…

175px-Carlisle_United_Logo.svg.png Carlisle vs. Everton everton-logo.jpg

For those of you who have not been around since the birth of EC7046, well in case you did not know, Alurcard was. One of just a handful of managers still with their original club (a likely quiz question at some future point no doubt), Anth is a shining example to many who wonder if a small club can truly make it big. Starting down in the depths of division 3, through a canny use of the Guardian stats page, Anth has nickelled and dimed his way up through the ranks to have now built a squad containing some of the world’s very best and – for now – not only competes but holds his own with many of the top managers in what many consider to be one of SM’s top and most competitive gameworlds.

The early days for Carlisle were a series of one heartbreak after another. Season’s 1 & 3 saw the blues miss out on the division 3 playoffs by just 1 point. In season 2 Carlisle finished 3rd, only to lose out in the playoffs. It wasn’t until season 4 that things started to take off for Carlisle, winning the league by a clear 10 points. Season 5 in division 2 brought the familiar playoff heartbreak once more, but season 6 brought success once again, putting Carlisle in an elite group of greats that included Boro, Shack’s Bristol, Man City, Charlton, Arsenal, Stoke and Walsall, all of whom have tasted division 2 title success.

Now while relegation threatens, perhaps few remember that remarkably Carlisle nearly won the division 1 title back in season 9 when they fell just 3 points short of the top spot. Now of course that was the season that no-one wanted it and it was handed on a platter to Liverpool, but to finish 5th, their second time of doing so (the previous being back in season 7 when Boro stormed to title success) was an incredible effort given the lowly depths Carlisle first started out at. Since then Carlisle have plugged away, finishing a solid 10th then 7th, but now things have gone horribly awry and is a descent back down the ladder in store for Anth and his boys?

So it all rests on today’s game. A win will secure division 1 football unless BiggaMemo can knock up a cricket score. With Forest having scored 4 goals in the league just once this season clearly a win will do it for Carlisle. Unfortunately though, wins have been few and far between, with just 3 in the last 20. With a recent 5 game losing streak and a loss to Everton earlier in the season things however aren’t looking so promising and it would seem Anth has been resting on his laurels somewhat of late. He’s got the players to do it, but seemingly they have lost their confidence. Can they regain it for this one vital game?

Everton by contrast have had a positively mediocre season. With more than a passing resemblance to Boro in their post-title winning days Everton have an aire of a team being managed by a man with a new baby about them. With his infrequent appearances on the thread it’s highly likely that Shack is not even aware that this is the last game of the season, let alone what season this is, and it’s fair to say this game means more to Carlisle than it does to Everton, who continue to turn up hoping their manager will return to them one day and help propel them to another season of accidental title glory.

That said, Everton of course are still by far the top team on Merseyside and with class through their ranks they frequently continue to upset the applecart for many a team. Sadly, for Carlisle, that’s what they will do today. Carlisle will huff and puff, play with heart and give it their all but like many a game before they will fade at the last to squander an early lead and will have to settle for the heartbreak of a late equalizer and a disappointing draw. Unlucky Anth, but unlike Shack, you will not be faulted for effort.

Carlisle 2 – 2 Everton

100px-Logo_Nottingham_Forest.svg.png Notts Forest – Swansea untitled-1_108.png

Ah, not to worry though Anth, you can count on YoYoMo to blow it. While Swansea would make history to be the first division 1 title winners to get relegated, you can rely on good old Mo to have a good whinge after this one about how he was robbed and deserved to stay up, despite deserving to go down for much of the season. Let’s face it, it’s amazing he hasn’t been relegated already. Sorry Mo but it’s not going to go your way today. Welcome back to where it all started for you, and Carlisle, you will live to fight another day.

Notts Forest 0 – 3 Swansea

Two teams vying for promotion will face off when Aston Villa host Bristol City on Saturday in the English Championship. The former are in fifth place, and they are on a seven game winning streak in the league. Meanwhile, Bristol are just a point behind them in sixth place.

Bristol have failed to win 7 of their last ten games, and Villa will go into the game as favorites. They have scored two or more goals in their previous five games, and a home win seems to be on the cards here. Expect the total goals in the game to be over 2.5 goals, and Villa should extend their lead over Bristol to four points.