Sign in to follow this  
Phil (GT)

Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

I disagree with the prediction for Reinartz i think based on statistics and performances you should have put him on the same class of Sven Bender and Marcel Schmelzer of rising to 87/88.

As much as I rate him' date=' I don't think he'll get as much playing time as before with both CBs being fit and on form again, and a surplus of DMs (Rolfes and Vidal should be assured starters, Balitsch is on incredible form atm, and Bender is not too shabby either), which has already influenced my prediction for him. However, if contrary to my expectations he keeps a starting place or at least regularly plays through rotation, the prediction could indeed go up to 87/88.

Also, what did you use to produce this layout, excel? It´s very visual

Yes.

Currently' date=' I'd say they're pretty even. Both are very solid at the back and good at opening the game, maybe Hummels is a bit better at going forward, while Badstuber is good at shooting set-pieces. Both are very fair as well.[/quote']

Thanks! Do you know what happend with Dennis Aogo? I see he`s in the second team at Hamburg. Is he worth buying?

Thanks! Do you know what happend with Dennis Aogo? I see he`s in the second team at Hamburg. Is he worth buying?

Aogo is currently injured, think it's something to do with his back, can't be bothered to look it up either :P Should come back within the next 2 months though iirc.

But tbh, despite sharing the same date of birth as me, I don't rate him too highly. Surely, he's quite ok at the back and even at going forward, but there is no area where he excels IMO. Still, regular game time at Hamburg (which he should get when fit) could see him go up to 90 or so in the foreseeable future. I believe there are better LBs in the Bundesliga, although certainly not many, and the only German LB I see better than him is Schmelzer currently.

Great thread mate.. :)

I have Edu Gonçalves in a competitive set-up. You've put him down for a possible rise to 87. As I don't watch the Budesliga' date=' would you mind telling if he's getting minutes under his belt?

Does Edu start ahead of Huntelaar and Raul?[/quote']

He barely starts, and if he does, it's usually on one of the wings (so not instead of Huntelaar or Raul who both play central, Huntelaar more up front and Raul a bit behind), so he might/should get a positional change to Fwd/Wing probably. He'll only rise if Schalke move a bit higher up the table though (which I don't hope :P)

Surely Dzeko warrants a rise to 93? top scorer in the bundesliga last season' date=' already has 5 goals in 7, what do you think?[/quote']

Nope, Wolfsburg just isn't good enough. He already rose to 92 in the last changes due to him being top-scorer, and with Wolfsburg not even playing Euro League this season, it's virtually impossible for him to rise.

Has Christian Clemens broken in to the Koln side on merit, or is he covering for an injury? I see you have him down as a 76 to 78/79, but I would have been hoping for a much better rise than that, especially if he keeps his place. :)

Has Christian Clemens broken in to the Koln side on merit' date=' or is he covering for an injury? I see you have him down as a 76 to 78/79, but I would have been hoping for a much better rise than that, especially if he keeps his place. :)[/quote']

Well, he's a player where I'm not really sure with his prediction. He seems to start regularly, but I don't know why. From what I can tell, nobody is injured, but his performances don't really warrant a starting place for him. If he really keeps his place, he will of course rise higher, but I'm not really sure he'll keep on starting.

@ Phil GT and Sky Blue Lee regarding my post on Delpierre:

I am sorry if my post contained wrong advice, however, I would say that Stuttgart really need to improve drastically if we are expecting some players to stay at their ratings. I mean that even though I agree that Delpierre will help Stuttgart, nothing warrants that he will stay. If we get a closer look, he played in the last two games, in which Stuttgart conceded a total of 6 goals and Delpierre also received a red card in the match against Eintracht.

I fully respect your opinion Phil and I admit that u have more knowledge on Bundesliga, than I do. I apologise again if anything I posted was wrongly put :o

About Dzeko

Nope' date=' Wolfsburg just isn't good enough. He already rose to 92 in the last changes due to him being top-scorer, and with Wolfsburg not even playing Euro League this season, it's virtually impossible for him to rise.[/quote']

Bundesligaspiele 101

Bundesligatore 61

Name any other player with that record

@ Phil GT and Sky Blue Lee regarding my post on Delpierre:

I am sorry if my post contained wrong advice' date=' however, I would say that Stuttgart really need to improve drastically if we are expecting some players to stay at their ratings. I mean that even though I agree that Delpierre will help Stuttgart, nothing warrants that he will stay. [b']If we get a closer look, he played in the last two games, in which Stuttgart conceded a total of 6 goals and Delpierre also received a red card in the match against Eintracht.[/b]

I fully respect your opinion Phil and I admit that u have more knowledge on Bundesliga, than I do. I apologise again if anything I posted was wrongly put :o

So you would drop a player who played bad in 2 of only 3 games after a longer injury in a completely unsettled team?

Of course, I agree with you, that he was very bad in these two matches and the red card against Frankfurt was more than stupid. But based on 3 matches you can't judge the next rating of a player. To me Stuttgart has the quality to be in the middle of the table. Currently they have bad luck with injuries and referee decisions - plus they currently play awful.

And of course if Stuttgart continues being that bad it will be hard for some players to keep their rating when the changes come up. But so far I can only see Boulharouz, Camoranesi and maybe Pogrebnyak as sure droppers.

I think Marvin Hitz GK from Wolfsburg will rise to at least 82 if not more...

Very good buy...

Why should he? Because of the 23 minutes he has played so far this season after he was subbed in for the injured Benaglio? Because of the 2 games he played in amateur team of Wolfsburg in the 4th highest German league that isn't even considered as a professional football league? Or because of his average performances in these matches?

Don't get me wrong. I think he is a talented GK but I don't can see him replacing Benaglio in the sooner future. And so the few appearances he gets don't warrant a rise by +4 or even higher.

About Dzeko

Bundesligaspiele 101

Bundesligatore 61

Name any other player with that record

Indeed these are impressive stats. And I wouldn't be sad if he gets a rise as I have him in quite a few teams. But I think I'm with Phil here, that due to the fact that Wolfsburg isn't playing international (CL or EL) and Wolfsburg currently aren't under the top 3 of the league, I can't see him rising.

Compared to di Natale who is playing at a mid-table club in the Serie A with a similar (if not even slight worse) goalscoring ratio and with a rating of 93, Dzeko IMO would deserve a rise. But I still don't think that this will happen.

So you would drop a player who played bad in 2 of only 3 games after a longer injury in a completely unsettled team?

Of course' date=' I agree with you, that he was very bad in these two matches and the red card against Frankfurt was more than stupid. [u']But based on 3 matches you can't judge the next rating of a player.[/u] To me Stuttgart has the quality to be in the middle of the table. Currently they have bad luck with injuries and referee decisions - plus they currently play awful.

And of course if Stuttgart continues being that bad it will be hard for some players to keep their rating when the changes come up. But so far I can only see Boulharouz, Camoranesi and maybe Pogrebnyak as sure droppers.

Actually I never said that he is a certain dropper :o. In my original post in "Bundesliga 2009/10", I said that if Suttgart continue underperforming, it would be something like 60% - drop and 40% - staying.

Anyways, we all agree about him so no reason for "arguing" :)

Guest Scout Maker

What do you guys think the possibility of Schweinstieger rising to 94 is?

With the current form of Bayern there's precious little chance of that happening though he is a very important player for Bayern and the German NT.

Indeed these are impressive stats. And I wouldn't be sad if he gets a rise as I have him in quite a few teams. But I think I'm with Phil here' date=' that due to the fact that Wolfsburg isn't playing international (CL or EL) and Wolfsburg currently aren't under the top 3 of the league, I can't see him rising.

Compared to di Natale who is playing at a mid-table club in the Serie A with a similar (if not even slight worse) goalscoring ratio and with a rating of 93, Dzeko IMO would deserve a rise. But I still don't think that this will happen.[/quote']

Although I agree with both of you guys (Phil and you), I can see a tiny chance for Dzeko to rise if he keeps scoring like this. Diego, as you know, move recently to Wolfsburg. He is rated 93, and he hasn't been for Brazil for years. So, as he has arrived to Wolfsburg, the squad cap may have increased up to 93 for Wolfsburg. Dzeko, who is a regular for his country which Diego ain't, could very well hit that 93 if he keeps scoring like this. Although Diego is an expectional player, which lead him to such a high rating, I just think it would be unfair to see Dzeko beeing rated lesser than him if base the ratings on this.

Good player, but I cannot see anyone in Bayern rise if they are performing like this (bar Muller, Badstuber and Butt). However, if Bayern rises from the shadow shortly (as I expect them to do, as they are practically always starting badly), I can see him pushing for a 94, as I am assuming Bayern will start picking points in the easily and advance far in CL.

Although I agree with both of you guys (Phil and you)' date=' I can see a tiny chance for Dzeko to rise if he keeps scoring like this. Diego, as you know, move recently to Wolfsburg. He is rated 93, and he hasn't been for Brazil for years. So, as he has arrived to Wolfsburg, the squad cap may have increased up to 93 for Wolfsburg. Dzeko, who is a regular for his country which Diego ain't, could very well hit that 93 if he keeps scoring like this. Although Diego is an expectional player, which lead him to such a high rating, I just think it would be unfair to see Dzeko beeing rated lesser than him if base the ratings on this. [/quote']

Good point. ;)

Although I agree with both of you guys (Phil and you)' date=' I can see a tiny chance for Dzeko to rise if he keeps scoring like this. Diego, as you know, move recently to Wolfsburg. He is rated 93, and he hasn't been for Brazil for years. So, as he has arrived to Wolfsburg, the squad cap may have increased up to 93 for Wolfsburg. Dzeko, who is a regular for his country which Diego ain't, could very well hit that 93 if he keeps scoring like this. Although Diego is an expectional player, which lead him to such a high rating, I just think it would be unfair to see Dzeko beeing rated lesser than him if base the ratings on this.

[/quote']

Good point. ;)

Even if I'd be happy if Dzeko goes to 93 I can't agree with your opinion. I rather think that Pazzano's opinion can be base to decrease Diego's rating rather then increase Dzeko's one (unless Wolfsburg finishes in the very top)

Even if I'd be happy if Dzeko goes to 93 I can't agree with your opinion. I rather think that Pazzano's opinion can be base to decrease Diego's rating rather then increase Dzeko's one (unless Wolfsburg finishes in the very top)

First of all' date=' why decrease Diego's rating?

Even though Diego hasn't been [i']that[/i] good for Wolfsburg, he has been doing well. For example, Mario Gomez, who is good but haven't got the right playing-time for a year now, has still kept his 93 despite not beeing a regular for both club and country. Gomez even hit 93 at Stuttgart who I rate equally high as Wolfsburg, so Diego has a fair chance of keeping his 93 and Dzeko has a fair chance of getting a 93 based on this.

Another example is Di Natale. He is still rated despite his team currently sitting on last place in Italy and Udinese have the following record this past seasons aswell: 10-7-7-15 (Period: 06-10). With Wolfsburg's record beeing 15-5-1-8 the same period. Wolfsburg aswell is placed higher than Udinese in the team ranking lists for this year. Wolfsburg sits on 49th place with 37.954 points, while Udinese are ''only'' on thr 68th place with 25.853 points. Clearly there must be a higher chance of getting 93 at a bigger club, no? Besides, Di Natale hasn't been a part (so far) under Prandelli's era as a coach for Italy, so with Dzeko with beeing a regular for his nation and a better team than Di Natale's team, and with Di Natale not beeing active at the national team, Dzeko must have a higher chance of getting a rise to 93, right.

First of all' date=' why decrease Diego's rating?

Even though Diego hasn't been [i']that[/i] good for Wolfsburg, he has been doing well. For example, Mario Gomez, who is good but haven't got the right playing-time for a year now, has still kept his 93 despite not beeing a regular for both club and country. Gomez even hit 93 at Stuttgart who I rate equally high as Wolfsburg, so Diego has a fair chance of keeping his 93 and Dzeko has a fair chance of getting a 93 based on this.

Another example is Di Natale. He is still rated despite his team currently sitting on last place in Italy and Udinese have the following record this past seasons aswell: 10-7-7-15 (Period: 06-10). With Wolfsburg's record beeing 15-5-1-8 the same period. Wolfsburg aswell is placed higher than Udinese in the team ranking lists for this year. Wolfsburg sits on 49th place with 37.954 points, while Udinese are ''only'' on thr 68th place with 25.853 points. Clearly there must be a higher chance of getting 93 at a bigger club, no? Besides, Di Natale hasn't been a part (so far) under Prandelli's era as a coach for Italy, so with Dzeko with beeing a regular for his nation and a better team than Di Natale's team, and with Di Natale not beeing active at the national team, Dzeko must have a higher chance of getting a rise to 93, right.

in general I have to agree, I've just one small "but" - it's easier to keep your rating than rise in case your club is doing bad. That's the reason why it can be difficult for Dzeko to rise (even if he has so incredible goal ratio). At the same time you mentioned Diego and Dzeko should have the same rating (which I agree) and as Dzeko can find it impossible to rise (at least if Wolfsburg finishes in the mid or bottom of the table) it can be (but doesn't have to) reason to drop Diego so both are equal in terms of rating.

Anyway - I hope Wolfsburg will be good and Dzeko continues his performances so nobody has concerns about if he should rise or not.