Sign in to follow this  
Phil (GT)

Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

Why should he? Because of the 23 minutes he has played so far this season after he was subbed in for the injured Benaglio? Because of the 2 games he played in amateur team of Wolfsburg in the 4th highest German league that isn't even considered as a professional football league? Or because of his average performances in these matches?

Don't get me wrong. I think he is a talented GK but I don't can see him replacing Benaglio in the sooner future. And so the few appearances he gets don't warrant a rise by +4 or even higher.

He also played a lot of games last season after he rose and I think they are looking at the period of time FROM A to B and not just the current one but you might be right... 4 might be to much but a definitive rise...

He also played a lot of games last season after he rose and I think they are looking at the period of time FROM A to B and not just the current one but you might be right... 4 might be to much but a definitive rise...

He got his rise in June, and the Bundesliga ended in early May. So no, he hasn't played any games since his last rating chance other than those Timo mentioned.

Hey phil' date=' Can i get your opinion on Howedes please.

I see he's not predicted a rise but does he have 90+ potential.[/quote']

He was fantastic last year as Schalke finished 2nd in the table but his been poor this season,the whole Schalke defence except Papadopoulos has been a mess so far this season,I think the main reason Howedes was so good was because he had Bordon and Rafinha playing alongside him but now there gone and they've been replaced by substandard players who aren't good enough,and because of this his performance has dipped as a result of that,he won't rise this season unless he and Schalke drastically improve and I don't think he will ever reach 90 or above,perhaps he might get an 89 at some point in his career but I really can't see him going any higher than that.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised at the predicted mediocre rises for the following:

Bargfrede 86->87

Schmitz 85->86

Contento 82->84

Bargfrede especially. He's a regular starter and is playing Champs League football, that all important stepping up to the next level.

Schmitz gets rotated but starts the majority, but also now playing Champs League, played a lot when Schalke finished 2nd last year in Germany.

Contento - 1st choice left-back at Munich it seems. Should go to 85.

Anyway' date=' I'm specially interested in Szalai. He seems to be in a decent form for Mainz and he grabbed a place in the Hungarian NT too (scored 3 last night, albeit against San Marino). I'd say 85/86 maybe?[/quote']

It looks like Real Madrid might take up the option of the buy back clause in Szalai's contract that they agreed with Mainz.

http://www.airfutbol.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2706&Itemid=189

I don't know if you took this on account when making the predictions, but i am sure that the world cup in june will play a role in the predictions for all the players who were there. Players like Muller, Badstuber, Barrios, Kacar, Vorsah, Matip, Butt, Neuer and others who are in doubt as to drop or rise will have help from the world cup factor. For instance, there is a doubt in whether Barrios will hit 90 this time already but, since he got minutes in the wc, that doubt is much weaker imo, also muller and badsuber will surely both hit 90 instead of 89 and Kacar will almost certainly not drop to 87

Hi Phil,

How highly do you rate Andre Schurrle of Mainz?

I can either buy Schurrle for 6m or Toni Kroos for 12m so i'm unsure what to do:confused:

Have to say I'm a bit surprised at the predicted mediocre rises for the following:

Bargfrede 86->87

Schmitz 85->86

Contento 82->84

Bargfrede especially. He's a regular starter and is playing Champs League football' date=' that all important stepping up to the next level.

Schmitz gets rotated but starts the majority, but also now playing Champs League, played a lot when Schalke finished 2nd last year in Germany.

Contento - 1st choice left-back at Munich it seems. Should go to 85.[/quote']

You're correct with Bargfrede, should be 87/88, must have been a typo. Could be amended to 88/87 should Bremen move up the table a bit higher.

Disagree about Schmitz here, I find him very, very overhyped. And even if he does play CL football, he also plays (and not even as regularly as you try to make it sound) for the team that is currently second bottom.

Contento is 1st choice LB, you're correct about that, but he's also out injured currently, and could well be out for the next month or even longer, so his rise won't be as big as it would have been without injury.

Generally, I like to be cautious with my predictions rather than too generous, I like positives surprises better than negative ones.

I don't know if you took this on account when making the predictions' date=' but i am sure that the world cup in june will play a role in the predictions for all the players who were there. Players like Muller, Badstuber, Barrios, Kacar, Vorsah, Matip, Butt, Neuer and others who are in doubt as to drop or rise will have help from the world cup factor. For instance, there is a doubt in whether Barrios will hit 90 this time already but, since he got minutes in the wc, that doubt is much weaker imo, also muller and badsuber will surely both hit 90 instead of 89 and Kacar will almost certainly not drop to 87[/quote']

Sure, the WC will have an impact, but (unfortunately) not such a big one as you might think. Regarding Barrios, yes, he did play in the WC, but he didn't play as well there as he usually does for Dortmund. 90 is a possibility, the higher Dortmund are when the changes come around the higher the probability of it happening. Regarding Kacar, I think you are really overestimating Serbia here. He might be a regular for his NT, but he isn't for his club, in fact he barely gets playing time, which will have more impact on his rating than the few games at the WC.

And if Bayern still are mid-table by the time the changes come, I can't see any justification for two +2 risers to 90 in their team.

Hi Phil' date='

How highly do you rate Andre Schurrle of Mainz?

I can either buy Schurrle for 6m or Toni Kroos for 12m so i'm unsure what to do:confused:[/quote']

Not higher than Kroos definitely. Schürrle might be in stunning form atm, but Kroos is an immense talent. I'd definitely try to get both, but if I had to choose, it would always be Kroos.

I have the choice of two CB's on your list.....

Zambrano at St pauli and Anderson at B Monchengladbach

I see there both in for small rises' date=' who would you say is the better player

TIA[/quote']

Difficult question, as I haven't seen those 2 too often, but Anderson has been a great CB in the 2. Bundesliga, while Zambrano never really convinced me for Schalke. If you're thinking long-term, I'd say rather go for Anderson, who should still have a regular place next season, while I'm not sure what will happen to Zambrano after the end of his loan spell.

Disagree about Schmitz here' date=' I find him very, very overhyped. And even if he does play CL football, he also plays (and not even as regularly as you try to make it sound) for the team that is currently second bottom.

[/quote']

Well 27 starts last season, and featured in 4 of 7 league games this season suggests that he starts the majority of matches, and I also qualified this by saying he gets rotated, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with your comment, I think what I stated was very accurate.

Didnt realised Contento got injured there, it may have an effect. However who knows when these ratings will be done? Theres a lot of scope for change.

Well 27 starts last season' date=' and featured in 4 of 7 league games this season suggests that he starts the majority of matches, and I also qualified this by saying he gets rotated, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with your comment, I think what I stated was very accurate.[/quote']

What he did last season has next to no effect on his next rating change, and when he started this season, he hasn't been convincing. Whenever I see him play, it's clearly visible to me that he just isn't a left back. Even more so this season, as the whole defense's quality decreased drastically due to the departures of Bordon, Westermann and Rafinha, which leaves him even more exposed. If I was a Schalke fan, I would definitely pray to see Pander fit again, who - on form - is a whole different level compared to Schmitz.

And despite his youth and Schalke's big name, I don't think that a very, very average rotational player for a team that's currently bottom and at best will be mid-table when the changes come around does deserve anything above 86.

When Mario Gomez will drop???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's not even sure that he drops (he started against Dortmund and if van Gaal sees it the same way as me, he should keep on starting as he looked quite dangerous at times, and with a bit more playing time, confidence and routine he will start scoring again), but if it happens, it will be the next time the German changes come around. Which could be any time between next week and half a year.

Sure, the WC will have an impact, but (unfortunately) not such a big one as you might think. Regarding Barrios, yes, he did play in the WC, but he didn't play as well there as he usually does for Dortmund. 90 is a possibility, the higher Dortmund are when the changes come around the higher the probability of it happening. Regarding Kacar, I think you are really overestimating Serbia here. He might be a regular for his NT, but he isn't for his club, in fact he barely gets playing time, which will have more impact on his rating than the few games at the WC.

And if Bayern still are mid-table by the time the changes come, I can't see any justification for two +2 risers to 90 in their team.

I have a real example not from bundesliga: i got two players for my team some time ago: Jimmy Durmaz from Malmo and Rodolfo Gamarra from Libertad. They are same age, position, and both play in their coutry champions. Gamarra got 85 and Durmaz got only 83 and why? Perhaps because of some quality gap but also at least a point was due to Gamarra being in the wc(0 minutes) with Paraguay and Sweden not. There, just a small illustrative example.

I have a real example not from bundesliga: i got two players for my team some time ago: Jimmy Durmaz from Malmo and Rodolfo Gamarra from Libertad. They are same age, position, and both play in their coutry champions. Gamarra got 85 and Durmaz got only 83 and why? Perhaps because of some quality gap but also at least a point was due to Gamarra being in the wc(0 minutes) with Paraguay and Sweden not. There, just a small illustrative example.

I somehow doubt that SM went about changing the ratings of those two players in that way.

13 goals in 9 games ;)

His been playing at a 92 standard but the team will prevent him from reaching that rating,I'm saying that and I support Schalke,if Schalke drastically improve then there's a chance but I think they'll be mid table at best by the time the ratings come around.