Sign in to follow this  
Phil (GT)

Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

Who is the best talent between kagawa' date=' gundogan and schurrle?[/quote']

Difficult one as all three are very talented - no doubt - but all are still a bit inconstant in their performances. Plus I have only seen Kagawa for ~10 matches now - so maybe it's even a bit presumptuous to call him inconsistent. He has been great in the first matches but he also has become weaker in the last few games.

IMO I would rank them like that:

1. Schürrle
  2. Kagawa
  3. Gündogan

But if you could get Götze, then try and get him as he is one of the most talented German youngsters.

And what about sebastian rudy' date=' what's his potential?[/quote']

I do rate him quite high and he also gets more playing time in Hoffenheim than he got in Stuttgart. However he has also the same problem that he needs to become more consistent.

any chance gomez can save his 93???

If he keeps on playing and scoring (like he did today or on wednesday in CL) I see no reason why he should drop.

Btw: His stats this season since he was a starter for Bayern again:

5 league matches, 5 goals

2 CL matches, 4 goals

how much will gundogan rise?
Ádám SZALAI 82 CF 7 starts 3 subs and 3 goals what do people think he will rise to.;)

and dortmunds Schmelzer lb/rb 86 10 starts for dortmund

Though I agree that it's pretty hard to watch the first post of this thread, it's sometimes advisable and maybe even helpful.

You're quite moderate with most of players. Gotze will rise +9/+10' date=' Szalai +3, Wetklo +3/+4 etc[/quote']

Obviously you're the more experienced forumer and are already well-known all around the forum for you many and great prediction threads, so you're probably right. What do I say, you HAVE to be right...

Besides, did you realize that these were made quite some time ago, at a time where the players you mentioned all haven't been as impressive as recently. Götze and Szalai have only been impact subs back then who slowly started to get a few starts. And Wetklo is only a replacement for the injured Müller, who should have come back from his injury (and taken Wetklo's spot again) by now, but unfortunately he takes longer to recover from his injury than it first seemed.

Oh, and I prefer to stay moderate with my predictions (especially at such an early stage of the season and when there's no fixed date for the changes to happen) rather than being overly optimistic/unrealistic and than having all those 'maaahhh, you said xy would rise by 5, now he only rose by 2, mimimimi' moaners.

Moral of the story: As I've stated earlier in the thread, the predictions will be amended in due time, at the latest when the German changes are announced, possibly even sooner and then a second time before the changes.

You're quite moderate with most of players. Gotze will rise +9/+10' date=' Szalai +3, Wetklo +3/+4 etc[/quote']

Conservative predictions are preferential to overambitious ones. Evey time. ;)

And if you want to make a Bundesliga prediction thread better than Phil's, well, good luck to ya.

Hi Phil,

Can I ask for your opinion on Nuri Sahin of Dortmund? I'm thinking about buying him as he looks a great player, but I don't know too much about him.

Many thanks. Great thread, btw. :)

Difficult one as all three are very talented - no doubt - but all are still a bit inconstant in their performances. Plus I have only seen Kagawa for ~10 matches now - so maybe it's even a bit presumptuous to call him inconsistent. He has been great in the first matches but he also has become weaker in the last few games.

IMO I would rank them like that:

1. Schürrle
  2. Kagawa
  3. Gündogan

But if you could get Götze, then try and get him as he is one of the most talented German youngsters.

I'm not sure mate. I think i would have to go for Kagawa at number 1, like you said... it's tight. But as he starts each week too i'd say he edges that one.

surely elia should rise... playing for NT and holland arent exactly shabby

Well' date=' he's doing anything but well for his club atm, and even if NT performances had as much impact on the ratings as you would like them to have, I don't think that being a sub for Holland would change much.

Dont you think muller will get a 90 ?

It's not impossible, but (similar to Elia) he's had a bad start to the season, where he looked exhausted/tired in many games and is far, far from his WC form.

It's not impossible' date=' but (similar to Elia) he's had a bad start to the season, where he looked exhausted/tired in many games and is far, far from his WC form.[/quote']

ok thanks i dont often watch german football it isnt regular in the uk :D repped