Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I) Well, guys, here's a early X-mas present for you. I had some free time so I decided to make a Compilation of the recent risers and if they are worth keeping

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

Play in the Champions League Final

That was last season' date=' and he had a rating change since.

and Top scorer at the World Cup

And that were only 7 games. Gekas has scored 9 goals in the last 7 matches. Doesn't mean he's the best Bundesliga striker. Far from it actually.

Some were even shouting for a 91 but certainly I think he has done enough to deserve a 90 even if he form has suffered a little recently.

91 wouldn't have been impossible if he and Bayern would have kept up their form of last season, and 90 would have been sure. However, as I said earlier, Müller is looking exhausted and tired (and it's not only 'suffering a little', it is actually a very bad dip in form), plus Bayern are currently only mid-table.

I'm not saying that he isn't a player with 90+ potential (as he certainly is), I just wouldn't put my hopes up too high for the next changes. Because - as I stated earlier - making conservative predictions saves you from having a load of moaners on here all complaining about an 'only' +1 rise when they were expecting a +3.

And that were only 7 games.

Well, those 7 games gave Luis Suarez the long-expected 90<91 (which also changed the cap for a whole league) and Van Der Wiel the 88<90.

It seems that SM take World Cup into high level of consideration, and they are RIGHT about it, this is how it should be!

I really hate it when people say "it's only 7 games..."

These aren't... "just 7 games", they are the most important games and it's the most important event every player dreams about. Participating in a WC is not that simple, nations and players schedule and put much effort into that aim for 2 (in some cases 4) years, and these 7 games is the final successful result of a huge effort.

This is the way WC should be treated, and i'm glad that SM does this! So, i think Muller (as well as Badstuber) should and will be rated as 88<90 (at least) on their next review.

Well' date=' those 7 games gave Luis Suarez the long-expected 90<91 (which also changed the cap for a whole league) and Van Der Wiel the 88<90.

It seems that SM take World Cup into high level of consideration, and they are RIGHT about it, this is how it should be!

I really hate it when people say "it's only 7 games..."

These aren't... "just 7 games", they are the most important games and it's the most important event every player dreams about. Participating in a WC is not that simple, nations and players schedule and put much effort into that aim for 2 (in some cases 4) years, and these 7 games is the final successful result of a huge effort.

This is the way WC should be treated, and i'm glad that SM does this! So, i think Muller (as well as Badstuber) should and will be rated as 88<90 (at least) on their next review.[/quote']

I agree with you here. I wouldn't rate a player only by his WC performances but those games are about twice or thrice as important as other competitions. Especially in the knock-out stage you face the best teams and players in the World. So I would say those games might turn the scale for some players that are between two ratings (like Müller with 89/90 e.g.). However you also have to consider the club performances. And Müller currently has to face his first real trough in his career. As Phil said he seems to be a bit tired and isn't an undisputed starter for Bayern anymore. Nevertheless I would say he deserves a 90. He has reached the CL final with his team last year, became league champion and cup winner with Bayern and became 3rd in WC with Germany. And he was a starter for both NT and club. Though he has been rated after his last years achievements (85 > 88), I don't think that you can easily forget his previous achievements. Especially as he was a "high riser" last time. You just can do this when a player has finally more or less reached his deserved rating (+/- 1).

I also understand Phil that he is more conservative with his rating predictions as like he said: When a player won't reach the predicted rating, there will be moaners saying: "But you have said...".

what about dzeko robben sweinsteiger toni kroos and badstuber' date=' which ones will rise and which ones will stay?[/quote']

I'd advise you to check the first post of this thread. It's even up to date.

Except for Toni. There you'll have to take a look into the Serie A thread.

That was last season' date=' and he had a rating change since.

And that were only 7 games. Gekas has scored 9 goals in the last 7 matches. Doesn't mean he's the best Bundesliga striker. Far from it actually.

91 wouldn't have been impossible if he and Bayern would have kept up their form of last season, and 90 would have been sure. However, as I said earlier, Müller is looking exhausted and tired (and it's not only 'suffering a little', it is actually a very bad dip in form), plus Bayern are currently only mid-table.

I'm not saying that he isn't a player with 90+ potential (as he certainly is), I just wouldn't put my hopes up too high for the next changes. Because - as I stated earlier - making conservative predictions saves you from having a load of moaners on here all complaining about an 'only' +1 rise when they were expecting a +3.[/quote']

I respect your opinion and agree with your conservative approach. The fact that I have Muller though may make my judgement slightly hopeful and optimistic!

I've noticed Muller has been benched a few games now' date=' is he in poor form or suffering from an injury?

I like this player and want him to do well.[/quote']

Phil mentioned that he's looked out of form and tired since coming back from the World Cup, so seems it's a combination of a dip in form and tiredness that he's been dropped.

Could be what he needs though.

IMO I would rank them like that:

1. Schürrle
  2. Kagawa
  3. Gündogan

Hey just wondering about this list, I notice you place schurrle higher in a recent comment, but have kagawas rating increase bigger on page 1. Do you think schurrles performances to date have underrated his true quality?

I dont know much about these players and only first heard of gundogan when he was rumoured to receive interest from united and arsenal/pool on bbc sport rumours the other day

Is schurrle much better

would u call him a must sign or just someone if u have lots of cash to splash.

(things are tight at the moment, going for a big fish soon)

ive heard of gotze, but hes taken

Any comment on 90 rated Arne Friedrich? His stats look terrible with only one cup game for his club. However, the site lists him as being injured currently, so is this the reason he hasn't appeared at all (as opposed to not playing even before this injury) therefore making it unlikely he'll drop? Certainly did plenty of work at Hertha last season.

Any comment on 90 rated Arne Friedrich? His stats look terrible with only one cup game for his club. However' date=' the site lists him as being injured currently, so is this the reason he hasn't appeared at all (as opposed to not playing even before this injury) therefore making it unlikely he'll drop? Certainly did plenty of work at Hertha last season.[/quote']

been injured pal, i would be very surprised to see him drop

Guest Villa888

Why does Demichelis deserve to drop to 91/90? Isn't he a starter for Bayern and Argentina?

(I don't have access to German football)

He's started 3, subbed twice in 12 games and has been terrible when he's played.

Should i get rid of Ribery?

Well' date=' even if he drops (which shouldn't happen), he's still the second or third best winger in SM, with only Ronaldo and Iniesta if you count him as a winger being better.

He has many chances to drop because he wasnt performing up to a 95 standard. Dont rush to get rid of him though... Use him in P/E deal to bring in someone better ;)

Actually, he's been performing to a 95 standard, it's just that it's difficult to perform when one's injured. When was the last time Hargreaves performed to a 90 standard? Yeah...

Respuesta: Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (I)

Well' date=' even if he drops (which shouldn't happen), he's still the second or third best winger in SM, with only Ronaldo and Iniesta if you count him as a winger being better.[/quote']

That is what i was thinking because i use Ribery as a winger for my Sevilla. Iniesta and Ronaldo are not able to buy so i have to get either Robben or Higuain to replace him and for what i have seen neither will raise so unless i manage to sell Ribery now and get more money before he "drops" i can just keep it and wont change much besides the fact that he might not drop...

Thanks for the tips.

I can't believe that people are asking questions when the definitive rpediciton list is on the first page of the thread... :rolleyes:

A bit of initiative would be nice...

ye i know , i see alot of people joining the forum and only post on peoples threads to find risers and never do anything else , not appreciative at all.

Good Thread Also , Looking forward to most of these risers ;)