Raphael Holzhauser

Lensois

Raphael Holzhauser

250013339.jpg

Nationallity: Austrian

Position: Midfielder

Club: Stuttgart

His Career:

Holzhauser, was born in Austria in February '93. After playing around at different local clubs, Holzhauser moved to his first professional team in Wiener Neustadt. In his early teens, Holzhauser attracted interested from
Schwaben land
where Stuttgart were waiting. Horst Heldt did everything in his way to secure this Austrian talent, and as the time went, nobody could ever blame Heldt.

Holzhauser started out playing for the younger teams of Stuttgart before eventually making his way up to
Dritte Liga
(the 3rd division in Germany) and to Stuttgart II. So far, he has been nailing a starting place in the Stuttgart II team and has been perhaps the best performer and has literally been taking out everything in his way with his physics. These performances haven't gone un-noticed and Holzhauser has recently be thoughted to try to his luck with the A-squad. However, Gross is a stubborn coach (Timo knows) and despite all these performances and haillings, it might take to long before Gross realizes what golden glimp he has in his hands.

Internationally:

news_85504.jpg

Holzhauser has pretty easily walked through the different ranks of the Austrian national teams. He is currently playing for *be ready*... the Austrian U-21 team! So, at the age of 17 he has already secured a starting-spot at a team with guys 4 years older than him. Impressive to say the least!
news_85504.jpg

Playing-Style:

Holzhauser is kind of like the typical box-to-box-player. He is good with the ball, has a hard-hitting boot, good vision for the game and with his 193 CM long body, he can be used aswell as the ideal ''warrior'' every team wants to have on their central-midfield.

If I have to compare him with another player it would have to be Mathieu Bodmer.

Re: Raphael Holzhauser

In my opinion, Holzhauser's chances of getting minutes with A-squad has increased significally. I mean, the new coach for Stuttgart's A-squad is Jens Keller, who previously coached the Stuttgart II team. Now, as Keller was the coach who gave Holzhauser the opportunity to play in Dritte liga with Stuttgart II despite beeing only 17, I can see Keller aswell giving Holzhauser opportunities to play for the A-squad, as Holzhauser perhaps has been the best performer for Stuttgart II and the fact that both of them are very familiar with each other (obviously).

Keller also prefers a 4-2-3-1 formation. Gentner hasn't been impressive in the middle with Kuzmanovic, so we might see Genter getting kicked to the left, as it was in that position he made his name at Wolfsburg. Then, with only Kuz as availble option as a playemaker, Holzhauser may become first-option back-up to Kuz if everything goes as planned, as none of the midfielders (bar Kuz) in Stuttgart are playmakers, so Holzhauser, with his box-to-box play may get many minutes this season with Stuttgart.

• 2 months later...

He's been added to db :) Learned about him from FM2011 (on fm-base) He's also starting to cement his place in the Austrian u21 team.

Also might i add how impressive his international record is

u16 - 4 appearances - 1 goal

u17 - 8 apperances - 5 goals

u19 - 5 appearances - 1 goal

u21 - 4 appearances - 2 goals

He also has 14 appearances for Stuttgart II but none for the first team yet. And this is all at age 17 :eek:

Raphael Holzhauser

Position: CM

Team: VfB Stuttgart

Rating: 75

grabbed him immediately today after SM added him to the database ... discovered this guy on Football Manager 2011 and they gave him amazing stats (his team would only allow him to leave for an amazing 34 million sum) Unluckily made a huge loss after selling him when he was 22 as he could not compete with my R. Madrid first team