Dealing with cheats....

Scrags

I have a problem in one of the game-world in which i play. It's not the first time i've come accross this problem - previously i simply quit the game world, but now i've invested a LOT of time and effort into my club's and simply dont feel that i should have to loose out because of someone cheating.

First this guy takes control of Man United (with an already very very strong squad), but not satisfied he takes control of fiorentina and tries to sell himself s.frey on the cheap - the smfa block all attempts - ok so far.

Then he takes control of schalke, here he tried to sell to himself Pique and Schnieder - again blocked, so he takes controll of Roma and Everton also, and tries some experiments of accepting bids on scheiner and pique, then cancelling then trying again with United only to be blocked.

So, keeping the ManU/Schalke/Everton and Roma he now tries again with villareal also, then quits there and takes seville.

smfa keep blocking all transfer's - ok, that is something - however this is ruining the game world - no-one can do transfer's with his many clubs - if you try he wants higuan and mascherano in exchange for vermaelen, but will accept a minimum bid from manU - only to be blocked of course - but it's preventing all normal operation within the game world.

It was a very competetive game world, which is what made it such fun, however now many managers are quitting because SM refuse to remove any of this players accounts. Liverpool, one of the strongest clubs, and longest serving managers has quit, i am in discussion with the managers are Real Madrid, Werder Bremen and Inter all of them like myself cannot believe what is happening to our game-world.

no matter how much information we give SM on this problem, they reply with exactly the same response

quote //

Hi Scrag,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have looked into this and the Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) is already aware of the manager(s) and will ensure no cheating happens on the account(s) in question.

Regards

SoccerManager.com Support Team

SM Support Team

unquote ///

what that does not prevent, is the manager spending all those clubs monies and generally trying to ruin the squad.

This morning schalke spent over 50mil on players it (A) does not need and (B) paid 2 or 3 times the players value to get. So he is trying to spend Schalke's bank account, which a real manager would use more wisely than spending 14mil of a 35 year old player!!!!

Also what that lack of action does not do is allow the game world to return to normal, to allow Managers at those clubs to make transfers to improve the squad and to deal with other clubs fairly.

I know that other members of the game world have also opened SM tickets and get the same response I do. Many times before I have seen SM kick out managers and suspend/ban there accounts, and on those occasions I am always gratefull for there assistance. However, this is the second time i've come accross this refusal to take action, last time i quit the game-world, but this time i've invested too much into my club, and as a paid member i dont feel that some child in Greece who is determined to cheat should be responsible for ruining that for me and the other players in that game world.

So - My question - is there any further appeal structure beyond SM Support?? Is there someone who can actually take action? Someone who will investigate properly and take the correct action?

Many thanks anyone's advise on this matter as it is ruining this game for me.

Re: Dealing with cheats....

No use complaining over the forum, you have to send tickets.

Send one under multiple accounts and give every team that he controls. Then look at the accounts themselves. Particularly note similar names, nationalities and log-in/out times. If the accounts are all befriended then that really works in your favour. Also look to see if he's doing the same in other game-worlds. If his main account is participating in another championship and some of his cheat accounts are too then that's further evidence.

Basically if you do all the investigation yourself, SM act on it. If you ask them to do the dirty work, they don't ;)

I have a problem in one of the game-world in which i play. It's not the first time i've come accross this problem - previously i simply quit the game world' date=' but now i've invested a LOT of time and effort into my club's and simply dont feel that i should have to loose out because of someone cheating.

First this guy takes control of Man United (with an already very very strong squad), but not satisfied he takes control of fiorentina and tries to sell himself s.frey on the cheap - the smfa block all attempts - ok so far.

Then he takes control of schalke, here he tried to sell to himself Pique and Schnieder - again blocked, so he takes controll of Roma and Everton also, and tries some experiments of accepting bids on scheiner and pique, then cancelling then trying again with United only to be blocked.

So, keeping the ManU/Schalke/Everton and Roma he now tries again with villareal also, then quits there and takes seville.

smfa keep blocking all transfer's - ok, that is something - however this is ruining the game world - no-one can do transfer's with his many clubs - if you try he wants higuan and mascherano in exchange for vermaelen, but will accept a minimum bid from manU - only to be blocked of course - but it's preventing all normal operation within the game world.

It was a very competetive game world, which is what made it such fun, however now many managers are quitting because SM refuse to remove any of this players accounts. Liverpool, one of the strongest clubs, and longest serving managers has quit, i am in discussion with the managers are Real Madrid, Werder Bremen and Inter all of them like myself cannot believe what is happening to our game-world.

no matter how much information we give SM on this problem, they reply with exactly the same response

quote //

Hi Scrag,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have looked into this and the Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) is already aware of the manager(s) and will ensure no cheating happens on the account(s) in question.

Regards

SoccerManager.com Support Team

SM Support Team

unquote ///

what that does not prevent, is the manager spending all those clubs monies and generally trying to ruin the squad.

This morning schalke spent over 50mil on players it (A) does not need and (B) paid 2 or 3 times the players value to get. So he is trying to spend Schalke's bank account, which a real manager would use more wisely than spending 14mil of a 35 year old player!!!!

Also what that lack of action does not do is allow the game world to return to normal, to allow Managers at those clubs to make transfers to improve the squad and to deal with other clubs fairly.

I know that other members of the game world have also opened SM tickets and get the same response I do. Many times before I have seen SM kick out managers and suspend/ban there accounts, and on those occasions I am always gratefull for there assistance. However, this is the second time i've come accross this refusal to take action, last time i quit the game-world, but this time i've invested too much into my club, and as a paid member i dont feel that some child in Greece who is determined to cheat should be responsible for ruining that for me and the other players in that game world.

So - My question - is there any further appeal structure beyond SM Support?? Is there someone who can actually take action? Someone who will investigate properly and take the correct action?

Many thanks anyone's advise on this matter as it is ruining this game for me.[/quote']

I've had a similar problem months ago. I was in a very competitive Game World, and a manager took over two good sides. When I realized the guy was cheating, I wrote a PM to him saying he should be ashamed of himself by trying to ruin the Game World. He replied apologizing, saying he won't do it again. Anyway, I sent a ticket to SM explaining the whole situation, and they quickly sacked the manager. His reputation came down to 20 and he never bothered again.

I advice you to do something like I did, maybe it works too. :)

I have done that, and to be fair the smfa are blocking transfer's but now he's determined to ruin one of the strongest clubs in the league with stupid spending. look at this:

Transfer Deal

FC Schalke 04 have managed to sign Paolo GUERRERO from Eintracht Frankfurt on a deal believed to be around £14,000,000.

Transfer Deal

FC Schalke 04 have managed to sign Blaise NKUFO from Seattle Sounders on a deal believed to be around £12,000,000.

Transfer Deal

Hertha BSC have sold Araújo RAFFAEL to FC Schalke 04 on a deal believed to be around £14,000,000.

Transfer Deal

Marco DI VAIO has moved to FC Schalke 04 from Bologna on a deal believed to be around £12,000,000.

All these transfer's appear to have now been reversed, so SM obviously agree that these are strange/unusual, I just can't understand why they do not remove the manager(s). I beat Everton (one of his cheat clubs) in a semi-final yesterday - but the victory felt hollow, i'd rather beat an unmanaged club than one thats being purposely abused, and more preferable to play a managed club by a serious player.

I get several mails everyday now from fellow players in the game world, they have also made tickets to SM.

Normally, SM are very good and dont hesitate to eject a cheating manager, I dont wish to complain about that as 9 out of 10 times they are great, and I am very observant for cheating, so have reported many times before.

But I have had one instant before when this similar situation arised, and it totally ruined the game world, eventually I quit the game world, as did many others. Now it is happening again, and I cant quite express how frustrating it is. Personally I spent a lot of time turning my club from a div.2 team to a top of league Div1 team, with a few quiality players, and a lot of youth coming through, and making good profit. I'm quite proud of those efforts, but already 2 of the game-worlds strongest managers have quit the game world becuase of this guy, and the only reason the real madrid, inter and bremen manager's arent is because we are all now talking to each other about the situation.

This was a really good game world with well run squads, good managers and competetive, but it's become a shambles. Agghh.

Anyway, i just wanted to know if there was another place to take this problem.

I've had a similar problem months ago. I was in a very competitive Game World' date=' and a manager took over two good sides. When I realized the guy was cheating, I wrote a PM to him saying he should be ashamed of himself by trying to ruin the Game World. He replied apologizing, saying he won't do it again. Anyway, I sent a ticket to SM explaining the whole situation, and they quickly sacked the manager. His reputation came down to 20 and he never bothered again.

I advice you to do something like I did, maybe it works too. :)[/quote']

This is what SM usually do, and it's great. I like the zero tolorence attitude, it stops my stupid little brothers from bothering me anymore:) and I have previously seen many managers sacked after reporting them, as i say usually SM Support are brilliant - and I love this game, it is now the only footy manger game i play, and i'm happy to pay my dues for that also.

but this is the second time i've come accross a situation where they do not act, and that's when it get's frustrating, as it seams you have no-where else to turn. The fact that the smfa have blocked all his transfer's and now SM have reversed the overpriced transfer's where he's trying to ruin schalke shows that SM know he's cheating... so i dont understand why all of a sudden the zero tolorance doesn't apply :(

As i say last time it lead to the ruination of the whole game world, and most of us quit, pretty much leaving the cheat to have the GW to himself.... but this time i've invested a LOT of time into my club and really am loathe to see the game world being turned into chaos like this. Also the other thing I really dont understand is that by not kicking the manger(s), this kid is being encouraged to try different cheating methods, whereas if he was kicked out then he would be discouragedc to try cheating in his next gameworld.

I would like to re-iterate, SM are usually brilliant, it's the 1 time in 10 that they decide not to take firm action I dont understand, especially when they are very clearly aware of what's going on.

This is what SM usually do' date=' and it's great. I like the zero tolorence attitude, it stops my stupid little brothers from bothering me anymore:) and I have previously seen many managers sacked after reporting them, as i say usually SM Support are brilliant - and I love this game, it is now the only footy manger game i play, and i'm happy to pay my dues for that also.

but this is the second time i've come accross a situation where they do not act, and that's when it get's frustrating, as it seams you have no-where else to turn. The fact that the smfa have blocked all his transfer's and now SM have reversed the overpriced transfer's where he's trying to ruin schalke shows that SM know he's cheating... so i dont understand why all of a sudden the zero tolorance doesn't apply :(

As i say last time it lead to the ruination of the whole game world, and most of us quit, pretty much leaving the cheat to have the GW to himself.... but this time i've invested a LOT of time into my club and really am loathe to see the game world being turned into chaos like this. Also the other thing I really dont understand is that by not kicking the manger(s), this kid is being encouraged to try different cheating methods, whereas if he was kicked out then he would be discouragedc to try cheating in his next gameworld.

I would like to re-iterate, SM are usually brilliant, it's the 1 time in 10 that they decide not to take firm action I dont understand, especially when they are very clearly aware of what's going on.[/quote']

Did you try to PM the guy? Like a threat? I'm not saying a "I'll kill you if you don't stop with this!" :P, more like a "If you don't quit, SM will kick you out".

It usually works for me B). And it isn't "against the rules".

Good luck with that - the automated responses regarding cheats show how seriously SM take your concerns :rolleyes:

Really needs sorting out but i wouldn't hold your breath - after all 4 years ago i was asking why no one scores free kicks or penalties during games and here we are 4 years later and still - as anyone scored a free kick or a penalty yet :D

And why cant we choose penalty takers for the random penalty shoot outs ?

So much in the game needs fixing & their is no excuse why these things havent been sorted

There is hope. Today in one of my game worlds there was a 10 club bust... But not all cheats are dealt with. So many get away with it because soccer manager are at times absolutely useless.

10 CLUB BUST - LOL - brilliant, he's only got the 5 clubs at the moment in my gameworld. Very predictable to, although trying to be more crafty by waiting 24 hrs since taking over seville to make the bid on Dani Alves we all knew he would.

just wanted to add that SM dealt with the problem and kicked the cheat from 3 clubs - he still has one though, but all transfers were reversed and i'll continue to report and dodgy moves.

unfortunately, a new cheat has taken over two of the clubs, so it's back to the reporting again... ho hum.

anyway, fair play to SM - like BR they are getting there :)

• 11 months later...