Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - The next Saints Star

Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - The next Saints Star

And now Fulham are said to be ready to pounce.

heard that aswell today apparently Arsenal blew it , to be honest i don't think he will go to fulham either the only place i could see him going to is Newcastle due to Alan Pardew being there and i doubt there be willing to pay that sort of cash for him and i doubt he will want a move up north considering his age :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alex Chamberlain Southampton Youth Acadamy When you think of the Southampton youth acadamy you can pretty much name a group of individuals that have made it to the top or are currently t

Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - The next Saints Star Just like Arsenal are to Barca you mean? They won't always be mediocre in the 3rd tier of English football, they aren't even that now. The squad

As Southampton were dumped out the cup today i thought i'd see if anyone has any opinions on what they thought of chamberlain ? :) welcoming all comment.

From my view it wasn't one of the best games he's played , Guly didn't give him much of the ball and when he got it i feel he only had two real moments which showed his quality. He was playing slightly more infield with the narrow diamond we played as well so it was his first time in that sort of role.

What will he rise too??

I noticed SM changed his postion from CM/RM to Wing/AM!!

You think he will rise atleast +10??

He is valued at £10m by the big Premiership teams so does that alone deserve a little rise??

He wont get a +10 as the max he can get in league one is 80 he is more likely to get a +7 or +8 would be more realistic for him at the moment more of a long time signing and the position move was correct as when I've seen him live he's only played wing and has proved in the reserves and youth he's also a attack midfielder :)

He wont get a +10 as the max he can get in league one is 80 he is more likely to get a +7 or +8 would be more realistic for him at the moment more of a long time signing and the position move was correct as when I've seen him live he's only played wing and has proved in the reserves and youth he's also a attack midfielder :)

god:eek:, i didnt know he was for only 10k!!!

too late now to realise. :o

What will he rise to guys??

I noticed SM changed his postion from CM/RM to Wing/AM!!

You think he will rise atleast +10??

He is valued at £10m by the big Premiership teams so does that alone deserve a little rise??

he will probably get 8+ and saying that he is valued at £10m doesnt mean he should have a rise...

Bendtner is valued £18m in real life does that mean he should rise nope.

he will probably get 8+ and saying that he is valued at £10m doesnt mean he should have a rise...

Maybe 18 million rupees. Seriously no-one will think he's worth anything over £7 million and if they do it's only because he played for Arsenal, if he played in the Championship he'd be slightly better than average and he'd be worth around £500k. Sooner he leaves the Premiership the better. :rolleyes:

[/b]

Maybe 18 million rupees. Seriously no-one will think he's worth anything over £7 million and if they do it's only because he played for Arsenal' date=' if he played in the Championship he'd be slightly better than average and he'd be worth around £500k. Sooner he leaves the Premiership the better. :rolleyes:[/quote']

i know Bendtner isnt worth that but i was pointing it out...:rolleyes:

He said he is worth 10m so should rise... try reading please.

thanks come again.

i know Bendtner isnt worth that but i was pointing it out...:rolleyes:

He said he is worth 10m so should rise... try reading please.

thanks come again.

Yes i know that, but Bendtner isn't worth that money - so obviously he wont rise because he's worth that sort of money ... as he's not worth that money.

[/b]

Maybe 18 million rupees. Seriously no-one will think he's worth anything over £7 million and if they do it's only because he played for Arsenal' date=' if he played in the Championship he'd be slightly better than average and he'd be worth around £500k. Sooner he leaves the Premiership the better. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Pedro is valued at around 80m£...

Yes i know that' date=' but Bendtner isn't worth that money - so obviously he wont rise because he's worth that sort of money ... as he's not worth that money.[/quote']

did i say he was worth that no, also try reading again please..... Bendter isnt worth over 5m.. he is awfull . If you can read i was pointing out that if he's valued so high he doesnt deserve a rise.

" oh hey messi is worth £500m he should get a rise.. "

He probably will rise by at least 10.

I doubt SM will bother reviewing League 1 and 2, so the only way he'll rise is by getting promoted with Southampton (likely to happen this season) or by moving to the Premier League.

Don't understand why they can't review them now though along with the Championship. Last reviewed in December 2009, instead they do the Danish league which was done 6 months ago :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Little update on Chamberlain , he's currently injured and has been since the 1-1 draw with Charlton on the 22/3 but his stats give great reading for a 17 year old in his break through season.

Appearances- 33

Starts- 27 (6 sub INS , 19 out)

Minutes- 2430

Goals- 8

Comparing that to the 80 rated Lallana , who plays on the opposite wing and is currently playing his third full season in the squad having broken through in the championship relegation season. Now 22 years old he is recognized as one of the best players in the squad and has Premier league enquirys frequently.

Appearances- 34

Starts- 28 (6 sub INS , 19 out)

Minutes- 2500

Goals- 8

So pretty similar statistics , Southampton are also 1 win away from promotion so if that's achieved Chamberlains rating increase will be sooner. Him and Lallana were both named in the N Power League one team of the year alongside a number of the other first team players. (5 in total)

Will maybe do two more reports in the coming weeks on two of our other youth prospects to watch out for.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is going to be one hell of a good player, already a lot of premiership interest on the young lads shoulders.

I personally hope he stays at Southampton for a few seasons though and doesn't rush himself into going to a premiership club (Look at Delph, from being a top player for Leeds to barely making an appearance in the prem)

As much as I would love a player of Chamberlain's potential and quality at Wolves I think he will end up going to someone such as Everton or maybe Newcastle but fingers crossed he stays at Southampton and builds himself up gradually, as well as helping Saints in the Championship next year.

The only team i can see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain joining is Arsenal, i just hope it isn't yet as i think if Theo Walcott had stayed on at Southampton for another season he would be much more developed now for both Arsenal and England, what Arsenal could do to beat off the interest from other clubs, is bid for him now and leave him on loan at Southampton next season where he can gain more experience at a higher level(championship) and then when he finally joins Arsenal he will be that bit older and more mature and most importantly he will have another full season under his belt whereas he would probably get between 8-12 games with Arsenal.

The only team i can see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain joining is Arsenal' date=' i just hope it isn't yet as i think if Theo Walcott had stayed on at Southampton for another season he would be much more developed now for both Arsenal and England, what Arsenal could do to beat off the interest from other clubs, is bid for him now and leave him on loan at Southampton next season where he can gain more experience at a higher level(championship) and then when he finally joins Arsenal he will be that bit older and more mature and most importantly he will have another full season under his belt whereas he would probably get between 8-12 games with Arsenal.[/quote']

I can't see him even getting that many appearances if he was to move to Arsenal, he would just spend the season in the reserves which wouldn't be good for his development.