Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

What did we learn from this weekend?

1) Inter still keep grinding out results against the week teams, depsite playing poor and unattractive football.:D

2) Napoli have the hunger to fight for this title, with a solid win following the game of the century the weekend before.:eek::D damnn that hurt me!

3) Milan are finally seeing the negatives in having the likes of Cassano, Ibrahimovic, MVB and Binho in 1 dressing room. Back to back suspensions for Ibra, who'll now serve a 3 match ban after stupidly getting sent off late on after "swearing at himself." Similar to Cassano last week.

Reasons to watch Serie A?

1) Pretty fierce title race. And points to be won and loss for the contenders. With games like Napoli - Inter (week 37)

2) 4th UCL place up for grabs between Lazio, Udinese, Roma and apparently Juventus.

3) Brescia, Cesena, Parma, Samp and Lecce are seperated by 2 points at the bottom.

Yebda's on loan' date=' and I hope he doesn't permanently sign. He's an average player, not good enough. In my opinion anyways.[/quote']

I know. Whenever i've seen Napoli pay, he has been really poor.

Where do you see him fitting in to the side then?

Don't know' date=' I really think it depends on if Gargano stays or not, as he's being linked away to the likes of Villarreal.[/quote']

Both similar type of players, but Inler's better going forward, so cant see them both fitting in to the side.

--------Hamsik--Inler

The refs had a stinker. HOW THE HELL WAS THAT A RED FOR DOMIZZI?!

Also Cavani proves he's human today.

I think Serie A is gonna be the best league to watch next season, by far.

Napoli and Udinese both have proved themselves this season and will be competitive again (they'll keep their star players). Roma and Juventus have targeted quality players and could be pushing for first. Lazio, Fiorentina, Palermo and even Genoa (they'll sign Milito) could fight for the top positions with a good summer. And then theres Milan and Inter who have targeted quality players from abroad too.

It's the most unpredictable league and every game is tight, gonna be good. :D

Hey Serie A experts, i have a question regarding Emanuelson here. Do you think he's really Milan long term project? With Milan don't use winger in their formation (as i thought Urby played better in midfield), where do you see him in next season project. Or maybe he's long term LB? I doubt it because i always see either Antonini or Zambrotta start there and Milan target Taiwo

Alexis SANCHEZ' date=' Is he a striker? How ofter does he play up front?

Mauricio ISLA, Does he play RB for Udinese? What is the likelihood of 90 this time round?[/quote']

Sanchez plays more as a striker. Typically the one to hit on the counter with after they get the ball to Di Natale.

Isla plays a lot like Maggio or even Alves. He gets the whole right side to himself.

Sanchez plays more as a striker. Typically the one to hit on the counter with after they get the ball to Di Natale.

Isla plays a lot like Maggio or even Alves. He gets the whole right side to himself.

Thanks, so you're saying he plays RB? If so has he been playing there long enough to get a positional change? Can he get 90 next time?

Guest Daragh

I wish Zamperini would just give it a rest for once. You just gotta feel for Delio Rossi. Big fan of his, one of the most underrated managers in the Italian game, yet Zamperini never seems to have a good word to say. Last week after beating Napoli, he comes out and says Rossi should be in contention for the Roma job (I'd welcome that) - first positive thing he's said all year. They lose one game and he is on Rossi's back again, stating the he'll "divorce" him at the end of the season. Poor Rossi is expected to beat Milan 2-0 in the second leg of the cup also, and apparently Palermo are favourites in the final, regardless of who they face, whether it be Roma or Inter.

Guest Daragh

I wish Zamperini would just give it a rest for once. You just gotta feel for Delio Rossi. Big fan of his' date=' one of the most underrated managers in the Italian game, yet Zamperini never seems to have a good word to say. Last week after beating Napoli, he comes out and says Rossi should be in contention for the Roma job (I'd welcome that) - first positive thing he's said all year. They lose one game and he is on Rossi's back again, stating the he'll "divorce" him at the end of the season. Poor Rossi is expected to beat Milan 2-0 in the second leg of the cup also, and apparently Palermo are favourites in the final, regardless of who they face, whether it be Roma or Inter.[/quote']

24 hours later,

"Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini says boss Delio Rossi is set to stay at the club – just a day after stating that a divorce was likely."

:rolleyes:

Guest Daragh

Bout time Montolivo gets his spotlight' date=' as he looks to be heading to Inter, who beat out Milan and Juventus for his signature. Fiorentina are a pretty awful team, but he's still an incredible player.[/quote']

I couldn't disagree more. Fiorentina aren't a "pretty awful" team, far from it. First off, Mihajlovic hasn't had the luxuries that Prandelli had. I've said it before so I'll go over it again. He hadn't got an on form Mutu (suspension) at his disposal, nor Jovetic (injured), and had a Juan Vargas who hadn't performed to the level we all know he's capable of for some time, all of which were on top form under Prandelli. D'Agostino had been out injured while Montolivo had been playing through pain killers and had been putting off surgery at the start of the season, which seriously affected his performances. Mihajlovic was never going to have an instant impact like he did at Catania, so the poor start wasn't suprising at all really, if you take into consideration the challenges he faced. The side really seemed to lose their motivation towards the end of Prandelli's reign, and seemed to lack that drive they used to have (possibly because of the rumours linking key names to bigger sides, and most importantly, key names possibly wanting that move). Mihajlovic had taken over a side with next to no creativity due to the points above and was forced to rely on an inexperienced Ljajic to produce the supply for a clearly isolated Gilardino. He's been forced to fill in the gaps by blooding some young talent such as Camporese, Gulan and Ljajic.

You could argue that the side are almost at full strength now, but it has had its effects. Due to the injuries, Mihajlovic struggled to get the best out of D'Agostino due to the pure fact that he had been playing him out of position to try and find some sort of temporary replacement for Jovetic. Not only individual performances did it affect, but the team's overall performance. Due to the injury/suspension list, he was forced to constantly chop and change systems as he searched for a system in which he could fully utilise the team's main strengths (trying 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1 etc).

Remember that memorable second leg against Munich last season in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League? Would you call that side a "pretty awful team"? Didn't think so. You could argue Fiorentina deserved to go through, and they would have been just as good a match against United as Bayern were. Here is the starting XI from that night,

Frey

De Silvestri - Kroldrup - Natali - Felipe

Montolivo - Zanetti

Marchionni - Jovetic - Vargas

Gilardino

Nine of the starting eleven are still at the club, and lets be honest, Felipe isn't exactly a big miss, and with Donadel, Zanetti isn't either. Five of the seven substitutes that night are still at the club also. Both Bolatti and Keirrison being the two to depart the club since - hardly key names. This is the same side that had such joy against Liverpool also, on what was a very successful Champions League campaign, which could have, and maybe should have continued further into the competition. The majority of the squad remained at the club. This is a side which recieved so much praise afterwards and was tipped for bigger and better things. Yet, they're all of a sudden a "pretty awful" side? Nah, not one bit. Things haven't gone for them this season for a number of reasons but definately not due to lack of quality, although certain areas do need improving. A lot of it is down to mis-management. Mihajlovic just isn't the right man for the job.