Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Lavezzi was well on his way to another possible rise. I mean if players at Atletico can get 94' date=' then at Napoli should certainly be a possibility and he was the most talented so 93 within a year was possible.

As for Silva, not sure of France's cap. Though I do believe it's a step down from Milan. I hope they keep him if he performs well, they win the league, as he had potential for a future rise or 2.[/quote']

Yea i know about Lavezzi, thats why i brought this argument up, i mean, with Lavezzi staying in Napoli he certanly could've had another rise or 2 (depending on how well Napoli would have done), but seeing that hes moving to France, which as you said, is a downgrade, at least in lvl cap and rating changes terms, means that any eventual future positive rating changes can be ruled out, and the same goes for silva, who in france can hardly rise, i actually think he will be the higher rated player in the whole league by 2 ratings, not sure if SM is too keen on something like that.

On the other hand if Silva stays at Milan or had moved to barca, he most likely would have got another rise at some point.

So either Silva and psg will have to really have extraordinary conntinuous results nationally and internationally in order to silva to stay, either SM starts aknowledging france more, highering the average and maximum level cap like they did with germany some time ago (which is unlikely to happen imo).

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Yea i know about Lavezzi' date=' thats why i brought this argument up, i mean, with Lavezzi staying in Napoli he certanly could've had another rise or 2 (depending on how well Napoli would have done), but seeing that hes moving to France, which as you said, is a downgrade, at least in lvl cap and rating changes terms, means that any eventual future positive rating changes can be ruled out, and the same goes for silva, who in france can hardly rise, i actually think he will be the higher rated player in the whole league by 2 ratings, not sure if SM is too keen on something like that.

On the other hand if Silva stays at Milan or had moved to barca, he most likely would have got another rise at some point.

So either Silva and psg will have to really have extraordinary conntinuous results nationally and internationally in order to silva to stay, either SM starts aknowledging france more, highering the average and maximum level cap like they did with germany some time ago (which is unlikely to happen imo).[/quote']

I dont think theyll drop them and I dont think theyll rise the Ligue 1 cap, what I do know though is that Silva has no chance of getting 95 now if he goes and Lavezzi will stay at 92.

I dont think theyll drop them and I dont think theyll rise the Ligue 1 cap' date=' what I do know though is that Silva has no chance of getting 95 now if he goes and Lavezzi will stay at 92.[/quote']

Guess this sums up their future at psg.

Im pretty calm even if quite sad, about lavezzi, he will keep his 92 for a few years given that he will most likely always be a regular.

Silva on the other hand, as said in my previous post, will be the highest rated player in the league, by 2 ratings, and from what i recall, Lloris is the highest rated player in france along with Hazard which is leaving. That makes Lloris the only 92 rated player in france. That means that Silva will be higher than 95% of the players which are 90 and 91 rated (which arent that many anyway). SM doesnt like keeping such a big gap between players in a major league.

And as much as i agree that silva deserves that 94 and more, i cant but not feel worried when i think about PSG passing through a rough moment, not winning aything maybe, or having a period where the games just go wrong. This might actually count alot towards such a high rated (for the league) player as Silva, i even feel that a long injury might affect Silvas rating (as we already have seen long-term injured players get negative rating changes).

Guess this sums up their future at psg.

Im pretty calm even if quite sad' date=' about lavezzi, he will keep his 92 for a few years given that he will most likely always be a regular.

Silva on the other hand, as said in my previous post, will be the highest rated player in the league, by 2 ratings, and from what i recall, Lloris is the highest rated player in france along with Hazard which is leaving. That makes Lloris the only 92 rated player in france. That means that Silva will be higher than 95% of the players which are 90 and 91 rated (which arent that many anyway). SM doesnt like keeping such a big gap between players in a major league.

[b']And as much as i agree that silva deserves that 94 and more, i cant but not feel worried when i think about PSG passing through a rough moment, not winning aything maybe, or having a period where the games just go wrong. This might actually count alot towards such a high rated (for the league) player as Silva.[/b]

I agree about that, when he arrives he'll stay but what happens after that is all down to how PSG perform. I think though that if Silva is amazing but at the same time PSG isnt performing he might still stay if SM want to give him the benefit of the doubt but its looking like theres a good chance he can go down now then go up. I wont be suprised if we see him at 93 in the future. Sooner or later, he'll go down if PSG end up not winning anything and doing bad in the CL.

Fantastic appoitment. I think he'll do well with La Viola. Kylan must be buzzing right now.

Very happy that FINALLY a manager is appointed' date=' took long enough to appoint a Director after that whole mess with Oriali, knowing it's Montella rather than Zola (said to be the back-up plan) is icing on the cake.

My safest bet was still Gasperini but I have no problems with Monty, need only look at what he's done with Catania. They play such good football in his preferred 4-3-3, which is quite entertaining, the way they press non-stop, great passing, use the wings effectively (something if Viola keep Cerci, you know Monty won't fail where Sinsa and Delio Rossi did in using him effectively). He just adds a fresh perspective, that any young coach brings, an open mind, something which Viola hasn't seen since Prandelli's departure.

There is a sceptic in me which says, why all the hype for Montella this season, both by Fiorentina, Roma and prior? Is he a one season wonder? I mean, yes, the turnaround of Catania has been miraculous, he's brought out the best in Spolli, Lodi, Gomez, Izco, Almiron, Gli Elefanti were once in the race from 3rd to 8th, in CL and Europa contention. Somewhere along the lines though Catania fell apart, only won 1 in there last 10 matches.

Anyway, from the scepticism, back onto the positive was very promising to read in the English transcripts of his conference that he's overjoyed to be in Florence, that he's the type of manager who doesn't have a set system, so even though he played 4-3-3 with the Catania boys, it shouldn't be expected of Viola, as the Fiorentina players' strengths and attributes differ from those of Catania. He also mentioned his keenness to work with JoJo (who Prade today confirmed Viola be willing to sell, but have received no offers).

The best thing Montella said - [i']"We must return to the top."[/i] Not expecting anything soon, gradual progession at best, but he knows what's expected of him in Firenze. Good luck to him, and looking forward to see how him and Prade collaborate, particularly in the mercatto.

7361672054_3ebf9ec4c9.jpg

Just onto some latest Viola transfer rumours, as said before, Prade says no offers received for JoJo, he has also said he is soon to sit down with Behrami and his agent as Prade promised to talk over VB's contract.

Milan are said to be interested in Vital Dede from Vasco.

He's just like Thiago Silva, but he's 22. VDG said he can leave for the right price as his contract is up in 12 months or so.

Think Milan would be idiotic to sell him. They should've just tried to sell Pato instead.

Milan are said to be interested in Vital Dede from Vasco.

He's just like Thiago Silva' date=' but he's 22. VDG said he can leave for the right price as his contract is up in 12 months or so.

Think Milan would be idiotic to sell him. They should've just tried to sell Pato instead.[/quote']

Yup, Dede could be a good replacement for Thiago.

By the way, €50M is hard to resist :o

Yup' date=' Dede could be a good replacement for Thiago.

By the way, €50M is hard to resist :o[/quote']

I didn't realise it was 50M € until I saw a report.. Flippin' eck.

Mind you, he is getting a reported 9M € a year from PSG so it'd be hard for him to say no.

Can see Milan investing about 25M € of it into their squad.

Next up to leave; Pato (hopefully).

Napoli and PSG agree confidential fee for Lavezzi. De Laurentiis has not denied the 31m reported in the media but claims he cannot come out and give a number of how much it actually is. Should be finished up by next week' date=' the move.[/quote']

The realisation that Pocho is going is starting to hit home... :(

Despite many enquiries' date=' Insigne will not be sold. Talks between agent and De Laurentiis will happen on Wednesday to see if he'll stay at Napoli or go on loan one more season.[/quote']

The idea of selling Insigne is ludicrous in itself!

Arsenal claim it is possible for Van Persie to leave' date=' and it would be a good move Did find that they claimed "Players always talk about trophies but if they were offered big money, they'd move for that and if anyone offered 250k, they couldn't match that" funny (obviously paraphrased).

Gamberini linked to Napoli, Everton and Bayern. Claims some big interest for his player from the agent from abroad in England and Germany, and that if Napoli show an interest, he wouldn't say no to a move, though he wants to talk to the new manager before anything happens.

No surprise the English media claim we're favorites to land Djourou after his agent claims he'd be excited by a move to Napoli. From what I've read from Arsenal fans, I wouldn't want him.

Reading calcionapoli24 with the help of translation. It seems we could be signing Bastos sometime this week. Also says we're keeping track of Munian, along with Juventus. Translation sounds quite weird but I get the idea. Also says if when we land Bastos, we're willing to sell Dossena to Milan for 5m. Fiorentina, Cagliari and Parma are trailing Napoli in chase for Parolo. Seems Napoli were offered 25m for Cavani which was laughed off by De Laurentiis.

Claims of a surprise signing could be on the cards. With De Laurentiis, that could mean almost anything.

Fideleff is likely to return to Argentina.

We're willing to trade Dossena for Gamberini. We have to wait for the sports director to get back from France. Should be back by Wednesday.

Seems we really want Lassana Diarra, which could come on loan, with Tymoschuk as a backup to him. Seems we could also land Valero for 12m. I like this site. :P[/quote']

Haha you've got to love these transfer rumour sites, Tutto Napoli is my favourite :P

Say what? Im away and now I hear Thiago Silva is. leaving?

The french league is skillful but still imo I think its a bad move for him!

PSG fans like Elohim might be jumping up with happiness :o

Yeah it sickens me to be honest that top players are willing to take a step down purely for money, but clubs like Milan would be foolish not accept a huge sum like 50m for a player. It's a poisoned chalice really, but Allegri better have some replacements lined up because their defence will be anaemic if Silva leaves.

Yeah it sickens me to be honest that top players are willing to take a step down purely for money' date=' but clubs like Milan would be foolish not accept a huge sum like 50m for a player. It's a poisoned chalice really, but Allegri better have some replacements lined up because their defence will be anaemic if Silva leaves.[/quote']

Has Milan ridden their debt problems? Its incredibly sad to see players moving for money. Thats why I appreciate teams like Arsenal and even your favorutie team Napoli who dont buy players for outrageous amounts of money.

If silva leaves, and since nesta is gone, that leaves Mexes. Clearly Milan needs to rely evaluate their defence and fix it if this all happens. IMO its a bad situation for milan right now.I know 50 mil ill definetely be great but theyve lost a legendary cb and one of the top cbs in the world.

Of course, it leaves room for Inter and Napoli and Roma and Lazio ;)

I would personally keep Aquilani. He's better than Gargano IMO :P

No' date=' no he's not.

Who should i hold onto

Walter gargano or alberto aquilani

Gargano, definitely the better player, though they're different players. Gargano's your DM, strong in the tackle, will get forward but rarely does. Aquilani's your deep-lying play-maker type.

Matri claims he won't leave Juventus.

Inter have over-taken Napoli in the race for Mudingayi.

Fenerbahce close to signing Ziegler permanently.

Parma looking at Greek 20 year old Manolas.

Napoli are tracking Flamini with reports claiming he won't re-sign with Milan. Malaga have also joined the race.

50m for Silva, 12m for Dede. Gives them a good amount of cash for another CB and maybe another midfielder.

Inzaghi has been offered a coaching job at Milan.

Silvestre will cost somewhere between 7-10m if Palermo are to sell.

Catania winger Gomez's agent confirms talks will go on with 3 players tracking his client.

I didn't realise it was 50M € until I saw a report.. Flippin' eck.

Mind you' date=' he is getting a reported 9M € a year from PSG so it'd be hard for him to say no.

Can see Milan investing about 25M € of it into their squad.

Next up to leave; Pato (hopefully).[/quote']

Yeah, he got 9M€ a season, hard to refuse moneys that much :o

Probably, They're still linked with Astori and Acerbi nowadays..

Leali having a medical tests today

Nicola Leali reported having a medical tests with Juve today. Just matter of time before the signing announced officially.

Matri remain

Ale Matri has stated to the press "Iam not going anywhere, I want to stay in Bianconeri."

Good lad :)

Gabby key for Verratti ?

It's rumoured Marotta already reach an agreement with Gabbiadini's agent. Probably, He'll be sent out on loan to Pescara as a part of Verratti deal.