Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Whats all this with Mazzarri? He's apparently leaving. But where? why too after getting UCL.

I thought juve but apparently Del Neri is definitely staying.

I guess the next napoli manager will be Maradona then? :eek::D

Delio Rossi and Gian Piero Gasperini, the name of Claudio Ranieri can be added to the list of potential managers. They've been the supposed managers we're interested in. Why he wants to leave? Guessing because both Roma and Juventus are looking to spend big.

Delio Rossi and Gian Piero Gasperini' date=' the name of Claudio Ranieri can be added to the list of potential managers. They've been the supposed managers we're interested in. Why he wants to leave? Guessing because both Roma and Juventus are looking to spend big.[/quote']

I had respect for him, until now. He seems a little crazy too. Especially when he spoke of Allegri.

Would you hate maradona to be manager?

Who wouldn't hate Maradona to be their manager? Sublime player; clueless manager.

Well I dont think any city loves a person more than Napoli loves Maradona. They would probably cheer if they lost 5-0.

Napoli fans cheered for Argentina when they played Italy.:D

I had respect for him' date=' until now. He seems a little crazy too. Especially when he spoke of Allegri.

Would you hate maradona to be manager?[/quote']

Of course I'd hate Maradona as manager. Favorite player of all time, but was he clueless with Argentina. Knowing him he'd put Cavani out wide and Lavezzi up front. Would change the whole system that these players have pretty much thrived in but need some more depth.

Of course I'd hate Maradona as manager. Favorite player of all time' date=' but was he clueless with Argentina. Knowing him he'd put Cavani out wide and Lavezzi up front. Would change the whole system that these players have pretty much thrived in but need some more depth.[/quote']

I bet Ancelotti goes Roma though and Del Neri is staying at Juve.

Of course I'd hate Maradona as manager. Favorite player of all time' date=' but was he clueless with Argentina. Knowing him he'd put Cavani out wide and Lavezzi up front. Would change the whole system that these players have pretty much thrived in but need some more depth.[/quote']

Yup, only Maradona would leave Cambiasso and Zanetti at home while playing Jonas Gutierrez at RB. I fear for what he would do at club level.

He'd bring Veron and Palermo with him no doubt.

Palermo will end his career in the summer.. :P

I guess he would play a very attacking football.. what isn't characteristic of Italy.. and he could got hammered..

Trezeguet could be moving to Napoli as the they're trying to free him of his contract at Hercules.

Personally doubt that'll happen - Trezeguet was' date=' respectfully, free to join any club of his desire for free by Juve. Though he did received contracts from bigger outfits than Hércules, he chose the Alicante team. Why? Beacuse his wife is from the Alicante area and I personally believe Trezeguet might have had the fact that Hércules were a good relegation candidate when he signed on the paper. At his age, I doubt he [b']don't[/b] want to end his career in high-style, which is staying with Hércules for his wife sake and for the fact that he'll still be a regular over there and not in Napoli.

Hey Serie A experts' date=' i have a question regarding Emanuelson here. Do you think he's really Milan long term project? With Milan don't use winger in their formation (as i thought Urby played better in midfield), where do you see him in next season project. Or maybe he's long term LB? I doubt it because i always see either Antonini or Zambrotta start there and Milan target Taiwo[/quote']

Bump. Anyone?

Bump. Anyone?

well, i never seen him play back in holland, and i have no idea why milan bought him (as they also bought Didac Vila, lets not forget) and as you said Taiwo is joining the club.

Emanuelson will most likely be a reserve next season, he was probably just bought due to his low price, to be then resold, i feel like he isnt going to stay at Milan for long, as i dont see him fitting in the current team.

as milan doesnt really play or rely on the wings, they have kind of offensive winger such as Robinho and Seedorf, while Emanuelson is more of a Containment/defensive winger imo.

Maybe, if the veterans pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini and especially Seedorf leave, it will open a spot for Emanuelson to play more next season, but it also depends on who arrives, because Ganso (if he arrives, which seems very likely to happen) will definetly take Emanuelsons spot in the midfield, if another winger arrives, then Emanuelson will find it very hard to find minutes.

I really dont know whre to place Emanuelson as he prety much doesnt fit anywhere.

As LB Milan already has (Taiwo which will probably be main LB, antonini and Zambrotta as Substituts, unless zambrotta leaves, still Emanuelson would be 3rd choice)

LM: as i said milan doesnt really play on the wings, and if they do, they have offensive wingers such as Robinho, Seedorf, and sometimes Pato and Ibra alternate, yet here, if the midfielders like Gattuso, ambrosini, Pirlo leave, they will open a spot for Emanuelson to be the main substitute for Van Bommel, Boateng, but as i said before, it also depends on who arrives.

Emanuelson will definetly have some minutes at milan due to all copetitions that they will go through, but right now i see him as a very unlikely main reserve for the midfield.

I cant really predict what will happen to him, we have to wait and see what kind of player will leave and arrive at Milan, then we will have a better idea of how much will Emanuelson be important for Milan, right now we can only speculate on what 'might' happen.

Bump. Anyone?

He'll spend most of his time on the bench, but there's no doubt he'll come on late in some games to liven up the pace. Milan don't have a natural winger, so he is an alternative for them in some tight games when they want to change their tactics a bit.

Ibra, decent enough to beat his man and whip in a cross, but in tight games you want him in the box. Same with Pato and Robinho.

With Emanuelson though, he'll hug the touchline for you with good effect and keep the width for Milan, and we saw with his goal against Palermo, he comes in form the left hand side - unmarked, and manages to score the equaliser for Milan.

So like i said before, he will by no means be a starter, but he's a handy alternative to have on the bench :)

He'll spend most of his time on the bench' date=' but there's no doubt he'll come on late in some games to liven up the pace. Milan don't have a natural winger, so he is an alternative for them in some tight games when they want to change their tactics a bit.

Ibra, decent enough to beat his man and whip in a cross, but in tight games you want him in the box. Same with Pato and Robinho.

With Emanuelson though, he'll hug the touchline for you with good effect and keep the width for Milan, and we saw with his goal against Palermo, he comes in form the left hand side - unmarked, and manages to score the equaliser for Milan.

So like i said before, he will by no means be a starter, but he's a handy alternative to have on the bench :)[/quote']

Emu was a good signing, he can play Lb but so far has played the left mezz'ala role, which seedorf tends to hold. And does it well.

He'll stay because he's young, quick and a good alternative. Already scored too.

What a goal from Robinho.

Milan through and through, Gattuso makes it 2-0. Cagliari, once they became safe have not shown in one game that they care at all. Sad really as they had a chance at Europa League this season.

Robinho makes it 3-0, and it's far too easy for Milan.

3-1 Cossu tries to make it look more reasonable, but all 4 goals came from awful defensive mistakes.