Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Sampdoria' date=' Brescia and Bari go down.

We need a point to get 3rd in our last 2 or Udinese need to drop 1 v Milan. If Napoli do beat Inter, 2nd is still to play for, while so is forth between Lazio and Udinese. Great stuff here.[/quote']

Will Sampdoria be selling off their higher rated stars? If you own Gastaldello or Ziegler or Poli, is it best to sell while they are this high rated.

Sampdoria' date=' Brescia and Bari go down.

We need a point to get 3rd in our last 2 or Udinese need to drop 1 v Milan. If Napoli do beat Inter, 2nd is still to play for, while so is forth between Lazio and Udinese. Great stuff here.[/quote']

Wow, utterly monumental collapse from Sampdoria since selling Pazzini and Cassano...

Wow' date=' utterly monumental collapse from Sampdoria since selling Pazzini and Cassano...[/quote']

I can't believe it! You wouldn't see that happen in England. Saw Sampdoria play against Werder Bremen and they looked quite good, but that's what you get for selling Pazz and Cassano.

It's a day of shocks, nobody would have expected West Ham to go down when the season started.

Will Sampdoria be selling off their higher rated stars? If you own Gastaldello or Ziegler or Poli' date=' is it best to sell while they are this high rated.[/quote']

More then likely their stars were gone anyways

Wow' date=' utterly monumental collapse from Sampdoria since selling Pazzini and Cassano...[/quote']

Cassano was bound to leave, shocked he lasted as long as he did there. Don't know if Pazzini was enough to keep them up though.

Eto'o had a beautiful strike in the 15th, but a mix-up right before half sees Zuniga tie it back up. Great turn around from Napoli after the Inter goal though.

Wow, just wow. I'm sure that no one was seeing this one coming! How could a team go from challenging for a place in Champions League to relegation within the space of circa 9 months? On top of that; who could have predicted that they were going to lose their two key-players?! I am utterly shocked and even though Lens, my absolutely favourite team and a team I've supported since the age of 6 (and thus, it was my first favourite team), went down yesterday, the same day as Sampdoria went down, I feel more for the Blucerchiati. At least, in the case of Lens, I expected a relegation throughout the whole season after our extremely poor summer mercato and our extremely poor attacking force. Sampdoria though, one the other hand, came from a suprisingly strong season where they had finished on a 4th place - before teams such as Lazio, Udinese, Napoli and Palermo - who are all (bar Palermo) enjoying strong seasons this year and whom are all stronger in terms of squad. They were 30 seconds from participating in the Champions League! If it weren't for a Rosenberg strike, Werder Bremen wouldn't be able of putting their name in the draw bowl of the Champions League and Sampdoria would of. The ironically here is that Rosenberg, just days later, was shipped off to Spain and Santander - could Werder just have done that a few days earlier?!

However, I saw this one coming after Riccardo Garrone's (the owner of Sampdoria) poor actions during the winter mercato. I, and many Calcio loving Swedes were discussing about an eventually second-half-of-a-season-misery for Sampdoria to come up. Saying Pazzini and Cassano were the two key-figures in this modern Sampdoria as we know it is an understatement. You could compare their depatures likewise an eventually depatures of the Ronaldo's and Casillas' at Real Madrid, the Rooney's and Vidic's at United or the Robben's and Schweinsteiger's of Bayern M√ľnchen. The reason to why I decided to compare Cassano's and Pazzini's importancy as much as these three examples of players at big clubs imprtancy and comparing the importancy of players playing in a similary big club as Sampdoria, is beacuse Sampdoria, unlike some of the clubs of their size, have a few millions over. That's where they (specifically Garrone) failed this past winter mercato: they didn't spend their transfer budget wisely/on quaity players. Sure Biabiany, Maccarone and Macheda are all good players, but are they established enough to replace top, top players such as Cassano and Pazzini? No. There were bigger names that were rumored to come but yet, Garrone, as the stubborn man he is (see: ''Cassano-gate''), wasn't prepared throw up a couple of millions from his pockets in order to keep Sampdoria away from the bottom half of the table. That's where Sampdoria got relegated. To put it simple: Garrone screwed them over. No one can argue against that.

It will certainly be interesting to see how Sampdoria will recover from this - Poli, Ziegler, Gastadello and Lucchini are all players that will leave, I reckon. There is no way I see them staying. Ziegler may head to a club like Juventus or Lazio (if Radu moves on to Juve, I can see Ziegler replacing the romanian at the capital club), Poli will have tons of bids after him, Gastadello and Lucchini should move on to a club of Sampdoria's original caliber (challenging for a european place, that is). I'm almost convinced Palombo will leave. He's a Italian international and there is absolutely now way he would want to put an end to the most respectful award you can be given in your career (playing for your country) just so he could stay with Sampdoria - in Serie B. Like Poli, I'm sure Palombo will have tons of bids after him. Maybe he'll Pirlo's replacement at Milan. Allegri wants a midfielder who could defend the defenders better, which Pirlo isn't exactly mastering and hence why he hasn't been given a new contract as of yet. Palombo is occupying that very same position as Pirlo, but isn't the same kind of player as Pirlo. Though Palombo is exactly that kind of player Allegri is looking at. With Sampdoria having been relegated and therefore need to cut down on the wage bill, I can see Palombo getting sold out for a lower price than what Sampdoria would have wanted for him just 5 and a half months ago. Hopefully, Allegri can make a catch here - both for Milan's own good and Palombo's.

At last;

vuDNX-hHyEI

This will always be in my mind when I think of Sampdoria. What a gentlemen he is - trying to ask for forgiveness from the Sampdoria ultras for their awkward season that the Sampdoria fans' haven't made themselves worthy of - ladies and gentlemen, here's Angelo Palombo!

Forza Blucerchiati! May I hope you bounce back to Serie A directly! Once again: Forza Blucerchiati!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I know Daragh's a Roma fan, so thought I might post this here. Apparently, Walter Sabatini in is Buenos Aires this weekend on a scouting mission. He shall watch Tigre/Lanus to check out Denis Stracqualursi, Velez/GimnasiaLP to check out Augusto Fernandez, River/SL to check out Erik Lamela and Arsenal/Boca to check out Luciano Monzon. At least that's what the word on the street is. B)

Fingers crossed that the Stracq attack is in fine form today!

Anyone have any idea what will happen to Mauro Boselli? Is Genoa likely to sign him permanently? Don't know if he will remain at Wigan too so if anyone has any insight to share I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Unlikely, I believe. His move to Europe has been a bit of a disaster. He could have been a good acquisition for Wigan had he been given the right service, because that's what he relies on. He a pure out-and-out goalscorer, and without chances, he won't do much. After a while, his confidence had been destroyed and his move to Genoa has been pretty average as well, so much so that I don't believe Genoa will be willing to pay 5ME+ for him.

The very best thing for him would be to come home, score a bucket-load of goals and try his luck back in Europe with a more suitable club. Or just stay in Argentina full stop. :o

Unlikely' date=' I believe. His move to Europe has been a bit of a disaster. He could have been a good acquisition for Wigan had he been given the right service, because that's what he relies on. He a pure out-and-out goalscorer, and without chances, he won't do much. After a while, his confidence had been destroyed and his move to Genoa has been pretty average as well, so much so that I don't believe Genoa will be willing to pay 5ME+ for him.

The very best thing for him would be to come home, score a bucket-load of goals and try his luck back in Europe with a more suitable club. Or just stay in Argentina full stop. :o[/quote']

Ahh I see, a shame that he failed to cut the mustard in Europe as I heard great things about him while he was still in Argentina. I guess I would probably sell him now and keep an eye on how he does back in his homeland and perhaps move for him again in future.

Thanks for your reply mate :)

Oh my. Amelia and the post save Milan. Amelia has to be the Motm. He's saved Milan multiple times this game.

Now the shot hits the crossbar and the post and stays out. Amelia with another save.

Other news. Napoli's 2nd team is beating Juventus who are officially out of any hope for the Europa League with Roma winning. :D

Matri has tied the game up 2-2.

Roma on for Amelia. Debut is with 5 minutes at the end of the season. :P

Udinese in the CL!

Roma in the Europa League.

Juventus in nothing. :D

I just hope Udinese will now keep all their good players (Sanchez, Asamoah, Inler, Isla, Handanovic, Zapata), Otherwise they will have a short Euro experience, like Sampdoria, which lost the very 1st game against werder.

Im a Roma fa, and i sincerely hope Roma will actually put some commitment in the EL, otherwise we will end up like Juventus, ridiculed by everyone else, and will lose more point in the fifa ranking, points that are too precious now to waste now that even Germany has surpassed us and that other countries are closing by to our ranking.

I just hope Udinese will now keep all their good players (Sanchez' date=' Asamoah, Inler, Isla, Handanovic, Zapata), Otherwise they will have a short Euro experience, like Sampdoria, which lost the very 1st game against werder.

Im a Roma fa, and i sincerely hope Roma will actually put some commitment in the EL, otherwise we will end up like Juventus, ridiculed by everyone else, and will lose more point in the fifa ranking, points that are too precious now to waste now that even Germany has surpassed us and that other countries are closing by to our ranking.[/quote']

Speaking of him, Udinese turned down a 35m bid for him already. Great to see.

Speaking of him' date=' Udinese turned down a 35m bid for him already. Great to see.[/quote']

Yea, i that happened in January, Inter made an offer of 35 il for Sanchez, which Pozzo (Udinese's president) refused, and now that Uinese has CL next season, i really doubt he will sell his best player.

Mazzarri signs a new 5 year contract at Napoli.

Hamsik is open to moving to Milan, which I hope is false, however he was talking to a Slovakian magazine.

Moestafa El Kabir signed for Cagliari back in April

Boreillo officially signed for Roma for 10m

Seedorf extends his contract till the end of next season at Milan.

Is there any sign of Gilardino moving away from Fiorentina? I have always liked him but he just seems wasted in Florence, much like Montolivio. Gila has just dropped to 91 rating as well which is disappointing. Still only 28 and a big move could re-spark him?