Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Is there any sign of Gilardino moving away from Fiorentina? I have always liked him but he just seems wasted in Florence' date=' much like Montolivio. Gila has just dropped to 91 rating as well which is disappointing. Still only 28 and a big move could re-spark him?[/quote']

Only recent thing was about 2 weeks ago that he could move to Juventus with Amauri moving the other way. They were interested in January. Lyon were supposedly interested in March, but really nothing strong in that. However he has said he's happy at Fiorentina and would prefer to stay.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Only recent thing was about 2 weeks ago that he could move to Juventus with Amauri moving the other way. They were interested in January. Lyon were supposedly interested in March' date=' but really nothing strong in that. However he has said he's happy at Fiorentina and would prefer to stay.[/quote']

Ahh, shame. Fiorentina are clearly on a downward spiral at present.

What do you think of him?

Ahh' date=' shame. Fiorentina are clearly on a downward spiral at present.

What do you think of him?[/quote']

He's a good player. 12 goals a season since the 03-04 season except for one which was his last season and probably worst season at Milan. Would argue that if Jovetic wasn't so severely injured he could have surpassed his 12 goals and Fiorentina would have done much better.

He's a good player. 12 goals a season since the 03-04 season except for one which was his last season and probably worst season at Milan. Would argue that if Jovetic wasn't so severely injured he could have surpassed his 12 goals and Fiorentina would have done much better.

Is there any sign of Jovetic coming back? He's been out injured for so long and I would have thought he would at least be back training now.

Is there any sign of Jovetic coming back? He's been out injured for so long and I would have thought he would at least be back training now.

He was back in training at the start of the month. Hopefully he's back 100% by the start of next season.

Oh and the first Sampdoria player to leave is Ziegler who has signed for Juventus.

Everyone will improve this summer, Fiorentina included. They want Lamela. I'm pretty sure he'll sign for an Italian club. I'd not complain if he came to Milan and we loaned him back. We apparently had a deal. But with what Galliani is saying on a day to day basis, I cant believe anything. One minute, we're waiting to see if there are 2 non eu places available to sign Ganso, to then we're interested in Hamsik today. He said Pastore and Ganso are not coming because they cannot play LCM. But mentions Bale/VanDerVaart out the blue:confused:.

If we want to win the UCL I think we'll need 2 midfielders who are top class. Or 1 with Ganso coming in January.

Napolifan, do you think Hamsik is what Milan need? I think we lack a quality passer with Pirlo gone. People say Boateng and Hamsik could never play together because they are too similar.:confused:

Everyone will improve this summer' date=' Fiorentina included. They want Lamela. I'm pretty sure he'll sign for an Italian club. I'd not complain if he came to Milan and we loaned him back. We apparently had a deal. But with what Galliani is saying on a day to day basis, I cant believe anything. One minute, we're waiting to see if there are 2 non eu places available to sign Ganso, to then we're interested in Hamsik today. He said Pastore and Ganso are not coming because they cannot play LCM. But mentions Bale/VanDerVaart out the blue:confused:.

If we want to win the UCL I think we'll need 2 midfielders who are top class. Or 1 with Ganso coming in January.

Napolifan, do you think Hamsik is what Milan need? I think we lack a quality passer with Pirlo gone. People say Boateng and Hamsik could never play together because they are too similar.:confused:[/quote']

Hamsik would be a great player for Milan, however he's not like Pirlo. He wants to stay forward, he's not the deeper lying player that can pick the perfect 30 yard pass. He's the get forward, give the 10 yard through ball pass. Just hope that CL football will keep him around.

Hamsik would be a great player for Milan' date=' however he's not like Pirlo. He wants to stay forward, he's not the deeper lying player that can pick the perfect 30 yard pass. He's the get forward, give the 10 yard through ball pass. Just hope that CL football will keep him around.[/quote']

Yeah I know Hamsik is different to Pirlo. Pirlo can only walk.:D

But Im a boateng fan, hopefully they could play together. Between Pastore and Hamsik, I think I'd want Pastore. Hamsik would probably be the smarter buy though. More versatile and consistent.

Inler would be a quality signing for Napoli, eh. Looks like he'll go.

Amelia is a full Milan player now, but is already willing to leave to go back to play for Roma, who he's a huge fan of and also started his career.

Pazienza is also being linked to Juventus. Would be awful to see him go, though he is far better then Sissoko and could do all the running for Pirlo.

Oh and Kevin Constant permanently signed for Chievo Wednesday.

Matavz deal with Napoli is off.

The club's director Hans Nijland said on their official website: "Matavz feels like he no longer wants to join Napoli because they did not reach an accord.

"He will remain with us for the 2011-12 season."

Barcelona are interested in Thiago Silva which will cost them around £25 million and they might include Maxwell in the deal :eek:

hed be perfect for the After Puyol but i doubt Milan will sell him for such a deal, Maxwell is player which is in the 30s and Milan clearly said that they want to rejuvenate the squad.

Barcelona are interested in Thiago Silva which will cost them around £25 million and they might include Maxwell in the deal :eek:

Milan already have a useless LB, his name is Jankulovski. With Antonini and Zambrotta, they don't need a LB. Highly doubt they're selling their "tied for first" best CB along with Nesta for only 25m who was a huge help in winning them the league. Especially without a replacement (Mexes is not nearly as good).

After only a season' date=' Rafinha leaves Serie A to join Bayern. Quite interesting.[/quote']

Tremendous signing. Though he did ''cry'' his way out of Germany and Schalke in the first place, he's been swallowing his pride and his now back to the place where he pushed his career in the right direction. He's been visiting several places in Germany this past season, according to some information I've been reading. So this did not come as a suprise. If you take 1+1 (his eagerness of returning to Bundesliga and Bayern's defence problems), then it was a no-brainer to see this transfer coming. Once again, I have to salute Bayern for this signing. Rafinha is class act and I clearly didn't understand how Ballardini (though I'll never undestand the man himself!) could prefer a Konko over Rafinha. I mean, Rafinha did great at Genoa and he defended the right-side quite impressive, in my opinion. In Genoa's 3-4-3 formation, he was the right-sided ''4'' in the midfield and thus, he had to run like a chicken throughout the whole right-side. He did that impressively, and though Konko's not been bad, I cannot, for the life of me, understand how Ballardini could prefer him over the brazilian at periods.

If Rafinha, works half as much as he did at Genoa, he'll be considered a hero at Munich. The only problem is his habit of partying and drinking, which also lead Magath, who is a person with a mastermind physque, insane and sold him off to Genoa for an record-low price.

Is it true that Milan are trying to buy Alex Witsel?

from what i read it seems they already found a deal

''The rumor comes from the Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure "according to the newspaper Standard Liège and Milan have already reached an agreement for the sale of the Belgian National Alex Witsel to the Rossoneri. Its not yet known the price of the deal nor other details on the wage' date=' but in Belgium the news has already made ​​headlines.''

Translated with Google translate, so bare with it

In a few days we will know if its true or not imo.

Tremendous signing. Though he did ''cry'' his way out of Germany and Schalke in the first place' date=' he's been swallowing his pride and his now back to the place where he pushed his career in the right direction. He's been visiting several places in Germany this past season, according to some information I've been reading. So this did not come as a suprise. If you take 1+1 (his eagerness of returning to Bundesliga and Bayern's defence problems), then it was a no-brainer to see this transfer coming. Once again, I have to salute Bayern for this signing. Rafinha is class act and I clearly didn't understand how Ballardini (though I'll never undestand the man himself!) could prefer a Konko over Rafinha. I mean, Rafinha did great at Genoa and he defended the right-side quite impressive, in my opinion. In Genoa's 3-4-3 formation, he was the right-sided ''4'' in the midfield and thus, he had to run like a chicken throughout the whole right-side. He did that impressively, and though Konko's not been bad, I cannot, for the life of me, understand how Ballardini could prefer him over the brazilian at periods.

If Rafinha, works half as much as he did at Genoa, he'll be considered a hero at Munich. The only problem is his habit of partying and drinking, which also lead Magath, who is a person with a mastermind physque, insane and sold him off to Genoa for an record-low price.[/quote']

Yep, seems that the Genoa president thinks the same way as you, infact Ballardini got Sacked.... Ballardini isnt a good coach imo, he flopped at Lazio and now at Genoa... he is good for a Serie B side, or for a side which is playing to remain in the Serie A Lecce, Bologna, Catania Etc.

Is it true that Milan are trying to buy Alex Witsel?

Yes' date=' Galliani revealed that he is negotiating with Liege's represantives to some newspapers/site (can't remember the name though). Milan also had some folks following the game between Belgium and Turkey just to scout Witsel, so it seems like Witsel is a possiblity and a sure signing. Allegri's been stating that ''he wants a me'azza'' - that someone who has a good physique but at the same time could transport the ball nicely - which he's found in Witsel. We already have Boateng for that, but we do need one more as there are some midfielders that are expected to leave (Gattuso, for instance), so we need some more midfielders. It also seems that Milan and Standard Liege are close to reach an agreement. Milan's been offering €7 million but Standard want a bit more, so it looks like transfer could happen anytime soon.

Yep, seems that the Genoa president thinks the same way as you, infact Ballardini got Sacked.... Ballardini isnt a good coach imo, he flopped at Lazio and now at Genoa... he is good for a Serie B side, or for a side which is playing to remain in the Serie A Lecce, Bologna, Catania Etc.

Good god, he's an awful coach. I wouldn't even want him to be anywhere near my local team (and they're playing in Superettan - the swedish second division). I really do dislike him and finally Preziozi has realised that Ballardini is a coach that you cannot build a high-profiled team around. I wonder who Genoa will track now. Delio Rossi would seem like the ideal bet, in my opinion.

Good god' date=' he's an awful coach. I wouldn't even want him to be anywhere near my local team (and they're playing in Superettan - the swedish second division). I really do dislike him and finally Preziozi has realised that Ballardini is a coach that you cannot build a high-profiled team around. I wonder who Genoa will track now. Delio Rossi would seem like the ideal bet, in my opinion.[/quote']

Well, i actually liked Ballardini when he was at Lazio, but mainly cuz im a Roma Fan.

Hahaha hope you get what i mean... hahahahaha