Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

http://www.ole.com.ar/fuera-de-juego/accidento-Campagnaro_0_496150558.html

Hugo Campagnaro has been badly hurt in a car crash back in Argentina that killed three people - Campagnaro's passenger and two people in the other car. The exact details of his injuries, or the incident, have yet to be revealed but Campagnaro is believed to be out of immediate danger.

Hopefully this isn't a Buonanotte Mk II incident... :/

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

http://www.ole.com.ar/fuera-de-juego/accidento-Campagnaro_0_496150558.html

Hugo Campagnaro has been badly hurt in a car crash back in Argentina that killed three people - Campagnaro's passenger and two people in the other car. The exact details of his injuries' date=' or the incident, have yet to be revealed but Campagnaro is believed to be out of immediate danger.

Hopefully this isn't a Buonanotte Mk II incident... :/[/quote']

Oh god. I truly hope he's alright. :(

Guest Daragh

So the way I see it is that DiBenedetto may be considering taking a Palermo type approach to the market - which under the guidance of Sabatini' date=' would be VERY interesting - which would take a major weight off of his shoulders finacially, while he sets everything right behind the scenes. I may just be reading too much into it though, but it'd certainly be great to have Sabatini at Roma, that's for sure![/quote']

Hmm, would the appointment of Luis Enrique further back-up my theory?

Very excited about the idea of having Luis Enrique in charge. Was a big fan of his during his playing days. Can't say he was my first choice, because quite frankly, he wasn't, but its definately a decision which excites me. Thats Sabatini for you! Never one to disappoint! Picked such an exciting option. Why? Due to the football Luis Enrique will look to implement, due to his connections with Barca (already being linked with four or five names), etc. Courageous decision though. Hopefully we'll see Enrique dip into the Primavera squad every once and a while now though. He's obviously worked with youngsters at Barca, and to good effect at that. Hopefully we'll see more of the likes of Caprari, Pettinari, Florenzi etc over the course of the season. Credit to Montella though, who'd already been doing that. I gotta admit, I was happy with the idea of having Pioli in charge, and for a while, it looked as if he was the man Sabatini would choose. I know some Roma fans may disagree, but I was hoping Delio Rossi would at least come into contention for the job also. In the end, I was hoping for Pioli or Delio Rossi though. Anyway, the thought of Luis Enrique and Sabatini working together is mouth watering, it really is.

Sabatini gave a pretty convincing interview, in which he talked about his decision to appoint Enrique etc. He also talked about the future of three players, one being Menez, "Menez has to accept that the coach will use him in a certain way. If he does that, then he will stay." Nice to see that it looks as if we finally have people behind the seens who will clamp down on the egos, attitudes etc. As much as I like Menez, he has to accept that the system isn't going to revolve around him. Maybe at a smaller club, but not here.

Anyone know what formation Luis Enrique favoured at Barca? Whatever happens, I just hope they plan on keeping the Pizarro-De Rossi partnership. I've said it a million times, but they are so important to the side. Pizarro may not have had the most convincing season last season, but bare in mind that when he actually did play, he was playing through injury, as far as I'm aware anyway. He missed a considerable amount of the season also, but for any doubters, just look back to the previous season and you couldn't possibly question him. Player of the season for me, easily. Its been hard enough to lose my favourite player, I'd hate to lose my other favourite player :o:p Seriously though, while he offers so much creativity and composure to the side, his defensive abilities tend to go unnoticed, and his work-rate is priceless, or as I refer it to, his "terrier" like style of play. One of the best all round midfielders around, in my opinion. I wouldn't have too much worries on keeping hold of De Rossi, its Pizarro I'm worried about. Been linked with Olypiakos, and of course many clubs were after him in January. I'm confident he'll stay though.

I'd also just like to wish Campagnaro a speedy recovery.

Definitely exciting times for Roma it seems. Ramirez picking Roma over Inter it seems is interesting as well, I think he'd be a quality signing if its true. Eitherway they'll be improving, which I guess has its positives and negatives as a Milan fan. :D

Serie A would be better if everybody improved..which it seems is happening with Juve, Roma and Napoli. Bit weird that Udinese seem eager to get rid of all their stars though.:confused:

Milan are annoying lately too, instead of being linked with 100 potential signings we should just pick 1. And stop it with the MR X.

Silva's in talks with Barcelona about a move? Gotta say it would be stupid for all involved. Puyol can still go, Pique's there and they have 3 young, great talents in Muniesa, Fontas and Bartra. Would be disappointed in Silva (though how could anyone say no) if he moved. (Already believe Milito's gone).

Silva's in talks with Barcelona about a move? Gotta say it would be stupid for all involved. Puyol can still go' date=' Pique's there and they have 3 young, great talents in Muniesa, Fontas and Bartra. Would be disappointed in Silva (though how could anyone say no) if he moved. (Already believe Milito's gone).[/quote']

probably easy replacing Puyol,and those 3 are to young by opinion of Barca managment,Milito is dead wood

Definitely exciting times for Roma it seems. Ramirez picking Roma over Inter it seems is interesting as well' date=' I think he'd be a quality signing if its true. Eitherway they'll be improving, which I guess has its positives and negatives as a Milan fan. :D

Serie A would be better if everybody improved..which it seems is happening with Juve, Roma and Napoli. Bit weird that Udinese seem eager to get rid of all their stars though.:confused:

Milan are annoying lately too, instead of being linked with 100 potential signings we should just pick 1. And stop it with the MR X.[/quote']

Udinese managment knows they can now take biggest possible money and invest it in new youth stars,something like Ajax 94-95

probably easy replacing Puyol' date='and those 3 are to young by opinion of Barca managment,Milito is dead wood[/quote']

Replacing possibly the best defender in the world, and your own Captain of the best club in the world... Far from easy.

is andrea poli still a player i should keep or sell since sampdoria a relegated?

Keep him. He'll get a move.

On Thiago Silva. That news is really misinterpreted. Everyone knew Barcelona wanted him, even last summer but we only just extended his contract till like 2016 i think. It'd be weird, if he went. Very. He comes out every now and again and says how he wants to stay here forever and be our Maldini. He could easily be our captain soon, we're improving and he has a bundle of Brazilian friends here too.:D His agent was quick to point out he'd be the most expensive player too right now.

Maybe Im hugely biased, but I've never seen a player this good. He's up there with the elite already.

cristianobalotelli - Udinese can invest? Well they do have a great scouting team but young talent isnt cheap anymore. They finally have a team that is very strong, they should sell and invest? the chances they improve beyond what they have now isn't that likely. Inler, Sanchez, Zapata all going would be dreadful. I want them to impress in the UCL.

Poli definitely moving away from Samp? Im not so sure.

el shaarawy could be on his way to Milan, most likely on a co-ownership deal, as Braida is currently in a meeting. Would definitely make sense seeing as Merkel today went to Genoa in a co-ownership too.

I just hope he fulfils his potential for Italy and AC's sake.

On Thiago Silva. That news is really misinterpreted. Everyone knew Barcelona wanted him' date=' even last summer but we only just extended his contract till like 2016 i think. It'd be weird, if he went. Very. He comes out every now and again and says how he wants to stay here forever and be our Maldini. He could easily be our captain soon, we're improving and he has a bundle of Brazilian friends here too.:D His agent was quick to point out he'd be the most expensive player too right now.

Maybe Im hugely biased, but I've never seen a player this good. He's up there with the elite already.

cristianobalotelli - Udinese can invest? Well they do have a great scouting team but young talent isnt cheap anymore. They finally have a team that is very strong, they should sell and invest? the chances they improve beyond what they have now isn't that likely. Inler, Sanchez, Zapata all going would be dreadful. I want them to impress in the UCL.

Poli definitely moving away from Samp? Im not so sure.[/quote']

it seems to me like that we all know that Parma did same thing while ago with Buffon,Thuram,West,Adriano,M Boma etc many talents they had and they sold all as i remember few years ago

Interesting. Might make a move for Blerim Dzemaili instead of Inler.

Santacroce's transfer to Lecce is in Stand-By.

Supposedly we're interested in Amauri (what is with all of these attacking players...) and will fight it out with Parma and Palermo for him.

Other reports are Roma rejected a 35m bid for De Rossi from Manchester City.

Zapata is close to a move to Liverpool. Another huge blow to Udinese as Sanchez is probably gone.

Kucka, Eriksen and Nocerino are all reported to be wanted by Milan.

Radu extends contract at Lazio.

Guest Daragh

Interesting. Might make a move for Blerim Dzemaili instead of Inler.

Santacroce's transfer to Lecce is in Stand-By.

Supposedly we're interested in Amauri (what is with all of these attacking players...) and will fight it out with Parma and Palermo for him.

Other reports are Roma rejected a 35m bid for De Rossi from Manchester City.

Zapata is close to a move to Liverpool. Another huge blow to Udinese as Sanchez is probably gone.

Kucka' date=' Eriksen and Nocerino are all reported to be wanted by Milan.

Radu extends contract at Lazio.[/quote']

Seems the Donadel deal is as good as done though.

Leonardo leaves Inter for PSG. Inter now need a manager.

My tip is for Marcelo Bielsa to join, with either Aguero and/or Tevez to join shortly after. I can't see Ancelotti joining as he's said he wants a break and I don't think he'd make the San Siro jump like Leonardo did.

My tip is for Marcelo Bielsa to join' date=' with either Aguero and/or Tevez to join shortly after. I can't see Ancelotti joining as he's said he wants a break and I don't think he'd make the San Siro jump like Leonardo did.[/quote']

Not a bad shout. Actually read Moratti was thinking about a swap of Eto'o for Tevez. Both seem want-away so wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

Moratti also denied Ancelotti was in the running for the position.

Guest Daragh

My tip is for Marcelo Bielsa to join' date=' with either Aguero and/or Tevez to join shortly after. I can't see Ancelotti joining as he's said he wants a break and I don't think he'd make the San Siro jump like Leonardo did.[/quote']

Good shout but he's already turned them down, apparently.

So Merkel has signed for Genoa (co-ownership I believe?). Now is that a good move or bad move.

From my point (probably a naive one), him leaving Milan probably means he is not good enough to be a future midfield maestro for them? I used to think he was the future midfielder for Milan when the old guard eventually stepped down.

Napoli are closing in on the signing of Cassano. Would be quite the coup, though I still don't get it. Cassano, Lavezzi and Hamsik are all too good to not start and Cavani's going to start up front. Milan are trying to do a Cash + Cassano move for Hamsik, definitely hope we don't budge on that one.

Also, Moratti again reiterates that Maicon, Sneijder and Eto'o are all staying put.