Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

So Merkel has signed for Genoa (co-ownership I believe?). Now is that a good move or bad move.

From my point (probably a naive one)' date=' him leaving Milan probably means he is not good enough to be a future midfield maestro for them? I used to think he was the future midfielder for Milan when the old guard eventually stepped down.[/quote']

Basically this is how it works in Italy. Co-ownership is used by big clubs because thats the only way they will get game time. Merkel is still very young and by us offering half of him to Genoa, it guarentees game time because they want to sell him on next summer for a high fee. He'll come back to us next summer or the year after a better player. Especially as we'll have midfielders retiring by then.

Also, to Napolifan - Im like 99% sure Cassano isnt leaving to Napoli unless it involves Hamsik in return. Definitely dont want to see Cassano leave anyway.But I guess it'll be him who wants to leave if he does.

Basically this is how it works in Italy. Co-ownership is used by big clubs because thats the only way they will get game time. Merkel is still very young and by us offering half of him to Genoa' date=' it guarentees game time because they want to sell him on next summer for a high fee. He'll come back to us next summer or the year after a better player. Especially as we'll have midfielders retiring by then.

Also, to Napolifan - Im like 99% sure Cassano isnt leaving to Napoli unless it involves Hamsik in return. Definitely dont want to see Cassano leave anyway.But I guess it'll be him who wants to leave if he does.[/quote']

It's all over that his agent had talks with Laurentiis. (It's according to Tuttosport so you can't actually really believe it)

Also, if Milan were ever to get Hamsik, then this probably is the time to do it as Mazzarri probably won't be changing how we play and Cassano, Hamsik and Lavezzi can't all play at once.

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

It's all over that his agent had talks with Laurentiis. Will we finally get him? Can't say how long we've been after him.

Also' date=' if Milan were ever to get Hamsik, then this probably is the time to do it as Mazzarri probably won't be changing how we play and Cassano, Hamsik and Lavezzi can't all play at once.[/quote']

well Hamsik started as CM if i remember correctly, Mazzarri could just move back hamsik and let cassano cavani and Lavezzi play upfront.

PSG are linked to Eto'o. Their Qatari owners are willing to give him an annual salary of 15m Euros. Can only wonder how much they're willing to pay for him? 50-60m? :P

And I do agree. Would prefer we keep Hamsik then swap them, but if there is any way we can get Cassano without swapping, then it'd be brilliant.

Unfortunately Casssano won't be coming to Napoli according to his agent. (Good news being Hamsik won't be leaving in a "swap" then.)

Hope Gilardino leaves Fiorentina. Much better then what they can offer there.

I was a bit of a Gila fan when he just joined Milan but he's a bit overrated. He's had his chance with Italy too and I hope he isnt called up, unless he has a great year.

As fans of Serie A clubs are you fans of Italy? What would be your squads and lineups? I read that Silvestre of Catania could represent Italy yesterday, is he good enough?

As fans of Serie A clubs are you fans of Italy? What would be your squads and lineups? I read that Silvestre of Catania could represent Italy yesterday' date=' is he good enough?[/quote']

(4-3-1-2)

Buffon

Maggio

Ranocchia

Chiellini

Criscito

Nocerino

Palombo

Marchisio

Cassano

Pazzini

Rossi

Slighty attacking - I know - but Italy's force lies in the attack and not the defence. Having thinking about what I previously wrote, who could have though that this would be the case during the Baggio era, when Italy had arguably the best defenders the world had ever seen.

Silvestre is good, very good. Though I'd prefer Bonucci, Gamberini and Ogbonna over him anyday of the week. I bet he won't be to happily introduced to the Italian national team by some supporters if he'd ever get called-up. I still remember how some Ultras reacted to Balotelli's and Ledesma's introduction to the team (though I must admit that Italy's opponent that day - Romania - had the loudest fans).

A statement on the club's official website read: ''Juventus Football Club announces the exercise of the rights of option for the definitive acquisitions of the following players:

Alessandro Matri from Cagliari Calcio for €15.5 million; the player has signed a four-year contract. Fabio Quagliarella from S.S.C. Napoli for €10.5 million; the player has signed a three-year contract. Simone Pepe from Udinese Calcio for €7.5 million; the player has signed a four-year contract and Marco Motta from Udinese Calcio for €3.75 million; the player has signed a four-year contract.''

(4-3-1-2)

Buffon

Maggio

Ranocchia

Chiellini

Criscito

Nocerino

Palombo

Marchisio

Cassano

Pazzini

Rossi

Slighty attacking - I know - but Italy's force lies in the attack and not the defence. Having thinking about what I previously wrote' date=' who could have though that this would be the case during the Baggio era, when Italy had arguably the best defenders the world had ever seen.

Silvestre is good, very good. Though I'd prefer Bonucci, Gamberini and Ogbonna over him anyday of the week. I bet he won't be to happily introduced to the Italian national team by some supporters if he'd ever get called-up. I still remember how some Ultras reacted to Balotelli's and Ledesma's introduction to the team (though I must admit that Italy's opponent that day - Romania - had the loudest fans).[/quote']

Buffon

Abate Bonucci Chiellini Balzaretti

Nocerino De Rossi Montolivo

Cassano

Rossi Balotelli

subs- Viviano,Cassani, Rannocchia, Astori, Criscito, Giovinco, Motta, Aquilani, Pirlo, Pazzini, Matri, Quagliarella

Pretty well balanced, definitely strong enough defensively, and a bit more creative midfield than yours. Maybe someone like Schelotto, Fabbrini, El Sharaawy could burst onto the scene before the euros.

Buffon

Abate Bonucci Chiellini Balzaretti

Nocerino De Rossi Montolivo

Cassano

Rossi Balotelli

subs- Viviano' date='Cassani, Rannocchia, Astori, Criscito, Giovinco, Motta, Aquilani, Pirlo, Pazzini, Matri, Quagliarella

Pretty well balanced, definitely strong enough defensively, and a bit more creative midfield than yours. Maybe someone like Schelotto, Fabbrini, El Sharaawy could burst onto the scene before the euros.[/quote']

I knew there was someone I forgot (De Rossi), and I'd rather have him in the team as well. I'd definately favour him over Nocerino, so the midfield would consist of De Rossi-Palombo-Marchisio. The first and the latter are players that are skillful with the ball and at the same time, they are possesing the talent of defending the team and balance the midfield nicely, which would fit in greatly with the squad I mentioned seing as Cassano-Pazzini-Rossi is not exactly the most defensive trio. That's why I want this midfield to be reality - De Rossi and Marchisio are better than Monto, Aquilani and Pirlo both defensively and attackingly. The latter three are exactly the kind of players that Allegri doesn't want in Milan, and I understand him. I mean, why have a skillful regista but who doesn't offer anything more than great passes a few times during a game, when you can have a player who may not share the same succesful passing ration, but who is at least close to par with that and at the same time offers more defensive help...?

Overall, I like your squad, but you I'd never set in a regista in my squad! The player who could do the difference for the squad could very well as well play his trade more upfront on the field, and in my case, I'd leave it to Cassano.

I knew there was someone I forgot (De Rossi)' date=' and I'd rather have him in the team as well. I'd definately favour him over Nocerino, so the midfield would consist of De Rossi-Palombo-Marchisio. The first and the latter are players that are skillful with the ball and at the same time, they are possesing the talent of defending the team and balance the midfield nicely, which would fit in greatly with the squad I mentioned seing as Cassano-Pazzini-Rossi is not exactly the most defensive trio. That's why I want this midfield to be reality - De Rossi and Marchisio are better than Monto, Aquilani and Pirlo both defensively and attackingly. The latter three are exactly the kind of players that Allegri doesn't want in Milan, and I understand him. I mean, why have a skillful regista but who doesn't offer anything more than great passes a few times during a game, when you can have a player who may not share the same succesful passing ration, but who is at least close to par with that and at the same time offers more defensive help...?

Overall, I like your squad, but you I'd never set in a regista in my squad! The player who could do the difference for the squad could very well as well play his trade more upfront on the field, and in my case, I'd leave it to Cassano.[/quote']

I prefer Aquilani and Montolivo over Marchisio, they're not that lazy. I used to hate Montolivo but in the last games for Italy he was quality.

Im pretty annoyed with all the rumours of Cassano leaving and when we have someone like MVB I think we can afford to have a more lazy, quality passer in the midfield..like Ganso. Who do you think this infamous Mr X is? I really cant believe it'd be Fabregas.

I prefer Aquilani and Montolivo over Marchisio' date=' they're not that lazy. I used to hate Montolivo but in the last games for Italy he was quality.[/quote']

Yeah, I have to agree on this one. However, we must remember that the latest opponents for Italy haven't been the best ones either. Think how much Montolivo would get torned apart by teams who play a horrendiously quick football. I'm certainly convinced that Monto wouldn't be able of handeling the speedness in such a game. That's why I'd prefer to have box-to-box players in my squad rather than regista's - you always know that they'll deliver.

Im pretty annoyed with all the rumours of Cassano leaving and when we have someone like MVB I think we can afford to have a more lazy' date=' quality passer in the midfield..like Ganso. Who do you think this infamous Mr X is? I really cant believe it'd be Fabregas.[/quote']

Ganso is more of a Kaka-esque player. He is not a regista, mate - a more like a trequartista, infact. Speaking of him, I'm more than convinced that he is this ''Mr X-guy''. Why? Beacuse he has started to take Italian lessons.

Guest Daragh

Buffon

Cassani - Bonucci - Chiellini - Balzaretti

Palombo

De Rossi - Nocerino

Cassano

Pazzini - Rossi

As much as I want to say Sirigu, being the biased person that I am, I won't :P Personally though, I'd like to see Sirigu given a run out though. That back four has major potential, but has so many flaws. Positionally, at times, they'd be a wreck, especially at this level, but with the brand of football Prandelli is looking to play, I'd go for this four. I do feel there is enough quality, intelligence and energy from the midfield trio to provide enough cover for the defence though.

Buffon

Cassani - Bonucci - Chiellini - Balzaretti

Palombo

De Rossi - Nocerino

Cassano

Pazzini - Rossi

As much as I want to say Sirigu' date=' being the biased person that I am, I won't :P Personally though, I'd like to see Sirigu given a run out though. That back four has major potential, but has so many flaws. Positionally, [i']at times[/i], they'd be a wreck, especially at this level, but with the brand of football Prandelli is looking to play, I'd go for this four. I do feel there is enough quality, intelligence and energy from the midfield trio to provide enough cover for the defence though.

No Balotelli by both of you. He's our best talent. Palombo's got no chance from Serie B either imo.

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Gasperini is the new Inter Coach.

Id say this is a step backwards for Inter, Gasperini imo is a good manager, but imo he is a mid table manager (for teams like Genoa, Fiorentina, Palermo Etc) not for a top club, personally i feel like Inter isnt going to be the inter from previous seasons.

Re: Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Gasperini is the new Inter Coach.

Id say this is a step backwards for Inter' date=' Gasperini imo is a good manager, but imo he is a mid table manager (for teams like Genoa, Fiorentina, Palermo Etc) not for a top club, personally i feel like Inter isnt going to be the inter from previous seasons.[/quote']

Why the hell couldn't they take capello :mad::mad:

Well until Redknapp wants to manager England Capello stays:mad::P

Capello did say he would retire after England job but I think he should get another to prove its not him, but the players, at fault for the Englnd shambles.

According to Talksport, Milan want 3 more forwards in Drogba, Anelka and Kalou... Now, they just brought Paloschi back, they have Pato, Ibra, Robinho and Cassano. They also want Essien and Alex.

I can see the team of

Abbiati

Silva-Nesta-Alex

Gattuso/Van Bommel-Essien

Anelka-Drogba-Pato-Ibra-Robinho (or any order you'd like).

Now that would be some team. :P

Or, if they get their other 3 players they want in Robben, Schweinsteiger and Kaka

Abbiati

Silva-Nesta

Essien-Kaka-Schweinsteiger

Robben-Drogba-Pato-Ibra-Robinho

Now that is an even better team.

"Galliani is eager to keep Milan as Italy's best club and although there is no indication he is capable of landing all eight of his targets, the fact he has drawn up a Chelsea-dominated list of players shows he means business."

I do wonder how big of a team he wants though.

Capello is a genius, hes retiring in england doing nothing...and getting paid loads. :D He's acheived everything anyway.

I cant believe any of those players from Chelsea are on our wishlist. They'd all be overpriced. We'll sign young players on top of one big name midfielder.