Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Irish website said this regarding Bonucci;

La Gazzetta Dello Sport reports this morning that that Bonucci was attacked while with his wife and child by an armed assilant as he left a Ferrari dealership in Turin on Thursday. According to the paper, Bonucci “remained calm” until the man grabbed his wrist. Spotting his opening, Bonucci punched the attacker in the face and than chased him as he fled the scene. The incident has been reported to the Italian police. We’re not sure if the mugger reported Bonucci or the other way around.

Hero.

:)

Great job by Bonucci :)

Sad to see Napoli lose to Juve

and Milan' date=' oh my, 3-0 down to Lazio, and Klose gets the third goal.It's only the 55th minute as well. This is getting embarassing for them.[/quote']

Klose is easily best striker from your Seria A...Should be a real pleasure for whole Italy to watch him.

I should watch football without commentary. ESPN didnt used to be so bad but today and this season its been so annoying. Do they need to repeat each name that has been sold, each game? And its funny that they mention Gattuso, Seedorf and Pippo as being missed. MISSED!? For the past 5 seasons, I had to hear all the commentators say this was the clubs problems.

What was even worse though, was how they said what more could Allegri do..Are they suggesting he is fulfilling the capabilities of this side, by losing 5 out of 8 and against a few awful sides? The 1st part of a job is to set clear tactics and direction, then add motivation and he has done neither this season and fails to accept this isnt good enough. Each time we lose, he says there are positives. He totally disrespects the fans by saying this. Even if we are occasionally unfortunate, we need to perform better. If we had scored an equaliser today I wouldnt have celebrated.

Klose is easily best striker from your Seria A...Should be a real pleasure for whole Italy to watch him.

Easily? Quite a statement off a guy who probably doesnt watch the league. And Its not really fun watching him, unless you enjoy nothing besides a couple of seconds of quality in 90 minutes. He has done that his whole career, but now he is even less influential.

He didnt have any chances besides the goal that besides being a neat finish, was all down Bonera going for a stroll.

I much prefer watching Cavani, Di Natale, Miccoli, Giovinco, El Shaarawy, Cassano, Diamanti..because they show brilliance throughout, not just through finishing too.

Easily? Quite a statement off a guy who probably doesnt watch the league. And Its not really fun watching him' date=' unless you enjoy nothing besides a couple of seconds of quality in 90 minutes. He has done that his whole career, but now he is even less influential.

He didnt have any chances besides the goal that besides being a neat finish, was all down Bonera going for a stroll.

I much prefer watching Cavani, Di Natale, Miccoli, Giovinco, El Shaarawy, Cassano, Diamanti..because they show brilliance throughout, not just through finishing too.[/quote']

Been a bit obvious for a while now.

Anyways.

Juventus have lodged complaints after a member of the Napoli kit staff allegedly slapped a steward and ultras wrecked the stadium toilets.

The Bianconeri won this evening’s match 2-0, but the controversy appears to be rumbling on for events off the field.

An investigation has been launched after a so far unidentified member of the Napoli kit staff allegedly slapped a steward in the tunnel just before the final whistle.

Juve have also lodged a complaint that Napoli fans wrecked the toilets for the away end of the Juventus Stadium.

It is believed the hooligans smashed walls, broke down doors and purposefully flooded the toilets by blocking drains and turning on the taps.

Quite debatable. Miccoli Cavani' date=' Cassano and Di Natale are very much on par with him in terms of "striker" if not better.[/quote']

He's a wannabe German sure :P

He's a good poacher, but a far way off the best forwards in the league, of which you named.

Sneijders back in training with Inter, but now Coutinho's injured for at least 3 weeks after our Europa League fixture.

I wouldn't rush Wesley, I'd give Cassano the playmaking role with Palacio and Milito as the two men in front. Of course, we still have Alvarez. Maybe we could promote Daniel Bessa ;)

Manchester City talent scout Angelo Gregucci confirmed Fiorentina star Stevan Jovetic “is on our list,” plus two Serie B youngsters.

I can only reply that City’s interest is concrete and we cannot hide ourselves in that respect.

It seem's like City might be going in for Jojo. They paid a big price for Nastasic but im pretty sure Matija can be a hit.

Napoli has been fined 150,000 euros ($188,000) by UEFA for poor stadium organisation, ignoring security directives and the inappropriate behaviour of its supporters during a Europa League match.

The European governing body has also threatened the Serie A club with playing a European match behind closed doors if the issues at its Stadio San Paolo resurface within the next five years.

A UEFA statement read: "Italian club SSC Napoli have been punished by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body for the inappropriate conduct of their supporters, insufficient organisation in the stadium and non-respect of UEFA directives related to stadium security at their UEFA Europa League Group F match against Swedish opponents AIK on 20 September."

Napoli will also be banned from selling tickets for parts of the main stand for its next European game at home to Dnipro on November 8 unless it can provide "a report from an independent construction company which confirms, with photographic evidence, that the necessary repair work has been carried out and that the aforementioned stands meet all the relevant spectator safety standards".

UEFA said if satisfactory repairs have not been carried out by November 6 it could prevent European matches taking place at the stadium.

Napoli has three days to appeal the decision.

Napoli fans were so angry at the Azzurri’s defeat in the Europa League on Thursday that the travelling support refused to accept the players’ shirts.

At the end of the 3-1 reverse at Dnipro, a number of players were ready to throw their shirts into the crowd as a gesture of thanks.

However, the 160 Azzurri fans rejected the jerseys in protest at the performance and the club’s Europa League policy.

Boss Walter Mazzarri has decided to save his first team for Serie A this season, giving his reserves a go in Europe.

Napoli could be docked points and a number of their players banned as part of the Italian Football Federation’s next stage of their betting probe.

The club have come under the spotlight after former goalkeeper Matteo Gianello was accused of attempting to fix the outcome of a game at Sampdoria in 2010.

Although Paolo Cannavaro and Gianluca Grava rejected Gianello’s requests to help fix the match, the pair could be punished for failing to report the incident.

Juventus boss Antonio Conte is currently serving a suspension for failing to report knowledge of a bid to fix a Siena game while he was Coach in Tuscany.

Napoli, as the club involved, have been deferred along with Grava and Cannavaro. The Azzurri could be fined or even docked points.

Napoli are looking all well and good. :rolleyes:

Its been a while since I posted in here! I've been loving the Pocholess Partenopei this season, its gone a bit wrong lately but I'm confident they can get back on track on Sunday with a winnable game against Torino at home. As for Juve they look in a different class, and I hate to say it but I can't see anyone else lifting lo scudetto this season.

Its been a while since I posted in here! I've been loving the Pocholess Partenopei this season' date=' its gone a bit wrong lately but I'm confident they can get back on track on Sunday with a winnable game against Torino at home. As for Juve they look in a different class, and I hate to say it but I can't see anyone else lifting lo scudetto this season.[/quote']

Got to agree with you Josh and I dont even want to say it, Juve has got some big depth in their team.

Milan has just trounced Chievo 5-1