Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Oh... Please.... no........

Agreed, he seems like a nice guy but I don't think he'd be a good fit for us.

I'm glad we managed to overcome a potential banana skin in AIK, I didn't watch the game but by all accounts the pitch was dire and we were reduced to boring long ball tactics! It's good to see Lazio and Inter both through to the knockouts, with only Udinese letting the league down! :P FORZA SERIE A!

We are being strongly linked with January moves for Calaio and Bocchetti, two players I would definitely want to see at the San Paolo. Calaio would be a good 'vice-Cavani' and Bocchetti is a quality defender.

Didn't see the game but great results for us this last round. Juventus and Lazio drew' date=' Inter lost, Especially without Campagnaro and Cavani in the squad.[/quote']

It was the perfect weekend around the league, with all our rivals dropping points! I missed the first half but considering the key players that were missing, it was a fantastic result. Insigne was amazing once again, deserved a goal, and Britos had a stand-out game. The amount of depth we have in defence is very positive; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Gamberini, Britos and Fernandez would all be starters for other teams.

It was the perfect weekend around the league' date=' with all our rivals dropping points! I missed the first half but considering the key players that were missing, it was a fantastic result. Insigne was amazing once again, deserved a goal, and Britos had a stand-out game. The amount of depth we have in defence is very positive; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Gamberini, Britos and Fernandez would all be starters for other teams.[/quote']

It's amazing really. Who would have thought we'd only have to sign Gamberini and we'd look a lot better this season defensively. Wasn't one of my top 5 choices, or even 10 and yet, bam, he fits in just like that. Obviously, still think we need to add a little bit to the team to actually fulfill the challenge for the Scudetto, however, it is starting to look bright.