Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

De Laurentis flips his lid. Does he honestly not get playing for your Country is probably the biggest honor any player could have, be it a friendly, be it any size competition? Or that's just my opinion anyways.

Just days after threatening to ‘kill’ Uruguay if they were to risk his star player Edinson Cavani in the Copa America final, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has accused the Argentine maestro Lionel Messi of disgracing himself in the sub-continent.

The Azzurri president is a firm believer that the tournament should be an avenue for youth players to showcase their talent, not for established stars coming off the back of an arduous season.

De Laurentiis explained what he would have done, had he been in Messi’s situation, in order to avoid disgracing himself.

“If I were Messi I would say I am not coming,” De Laurentiis simply stated to Sky Sport Italia.

“Take me to court, ban me, but I am not coming to disgrace myself because I am a great player. I play for Barcelona, and I am not coming to play for some idiots who don’t know how to play me.

“Messi is a cretin. He disgraced himself by going to the Copa and he made a mistake.”

The Napoli chief went on to speak about another of his star players, Ezequiel Lavezzi, who has been tipped to join Manchester City this summer.

He added: “I don’t know if he will stay, ask him. It depends on him.

“Lavezzi is a madcap. There were writers who were like this, in football he is like this.”

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Vidal has signed for Juventus' date=' which is really great :D

[img']http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g361/tombstone15/vidAl.jpg[/img]

Vidal, for sure, would have been a tremendous buy for Milan. Allegri is still searching for that mezz'ala and though we are rumored to sign Montolivo, he isn't a mezz'ala. Montolivo is, even though he's got a better work rate in my opinion, pretty much like Pirlo - and Pirlo wasn't exactly favourable by Allegri. Vidal has always been a personal favourite of mine and I prioriated a Vidal-buy now when Allegri was searching for mezz'ala, but congratulations Juve, you've got a big player in your hands.

Viviano doesn't play for genoa anyways :P not sure tbh lol.

I know, but Genoa and Inter already had some meetings to discuss his future.. ;) Genoa need a keeper since Eduardo was loaned to Benfica.. probably they will end getting Frey..

I know' date=' but Genoa and Inter already had some meetings to discuss his future.. ;) Genoa need a keeper since Eduardo was loaned to Benfica.. probably they will end getting Frey..[/quote']

Hoping Frey does finally leave viola, need Neto to show everyone what hes made of although i do doubt he'll get the chance :(

Kasami leaves for Fulham. Good young player and Palermo have been giving a lot of younger players time. Unfortunate to lose him.

As for Genoa's new keeper? It seems it's between Frey or Sirigu of who they want.

Well, palermo has Acquah to replace kasami, and imo Acquah is much better.

Napoli, along with United and City have made enquiries about Douglas Costa according to his agent.

Goian leaves Palermo for Rangers.

Sosa finalizes his deal to Metalist.

Roma want to finalize the Stekelenburg signing today, raising their 5m bid to 8m.

PSG drop their interest in 3m rated Storari.

Maxi Lopez has been tracked by Udinese as of late. Cost would be around 11m if the rumour does come true.

Napoli' date=' along with United and City have made enquiries about Douglas Costa according to his agent.

Roma want to finalize the Stekelenburg signing today, raising their 5m bid to 8m.

Maxi Lopez has been tracked by Udinese as of late. Cost would be around 11m if the rumour does come true.[/quote']

Roma seems to have found a deal with Ajax for Stekelemburg on a 6 mil base + 2 mil. as bonuses. While Skelememburg will have a 4 year contract earning 1 mil per season.

Roma seems to have found a deal with Ajax for Stekelemburg on a 6 mil base + 2 mil. as bonuses. While Skelememburg will have a 4 year contract earning 1 mil per season.

Huge step up from Doni.

Always wondered what Roma fans thought of Julio Sergio? When you guys finished 2nd 2 seasons ago, I thought a huge reason was that Julio Sergio got the playing time.

Guest CristianoRonaldo123

Napoli' date=' along with United and City have made enquiries about Douglas Costa according to his agent.

Maxi Lopez has been tracked by Udinese as of late. Cost would be around 11m if the rumour does come true.[/quote']

Maxi isnt worth 5 million,11 milions lol

Huge step up from Doni.

Always wondered what Roma fans thought of Julio Sergio? When you guys finished 2nd 2 seasons ago' date=' I thought a huge reason was that Julio Sergio got the playing time.[/quote']

Julio Sergio is prety much the same as Doni, Doni in his 1st season as a regular, was very very good, count he was even getting NT playtime, and even got to play a cup final (whih brazil won).

But after that he became very discontinuous, and also very frequently injured,

Same story with Julio which imo is a better keeper than Doni (Julio has a better style and a bit more constant) but at roma he was ending up same as Doni, he started being injured frequently, and honestly, i wouldnt wanted to risk up having another Doni (the worst doni) like keeper.

Stekelemburg is a massive, massive imrpovemente for Roma, as stekelemburg imo, after Julio Cesar will be the best keeper in italy.

Milan have reportedly made an official bid of 6m + half the rights to Paloschi for Montolivo.

Aquilani's loan deal to Fiorentina still hasn't happened as him and his agent are getting greedy. So much for that "desperate" want of a move for him.

Chievo look at 27 year old Felip Sebo from Slovan Bratislav.

And still more rumours of Vucinic close to moving to United. Yet no formal bid has even been offered.

Momo Sissoko is on his way to PSG for 7m + 1m add-ons.

Inter are believed to be meeting with City this weekend to get a deal done for Tevez. Some rumours going around is that Inter will do a loan deal with buying him fully next summer, but highly doubt City would ever do that.

Genoa will meet Inter today to hold meetings over Rodrigo Palacio. Inter have been watching him and are set to meet for him. Genoa however want a swap deal. Pandev being their ideal player but Pandev already rejected them. Reports say Casnos or even Diego Milito could be offered.

Spurs seem now the likely destination for Roma forward Vucinic. This whole thing is confusing me.

Neuton signs for Udinese from Brazilian side Gremio.

Real Sociedad contacted Juventus over Momo Sissoko, but unfortunately for them couldn't afford his fee and wages.

Juventus have asked if Berbatov would be allowed to leave United. An offer could be in by as early as next week.

I also read somehwere that Roma is interested on Balotelli, i realy hope that if we sell vucinic we dont replace him with Balotelli, it would be a massive step back, id rather keep Vucinic with his unwillingness, rather than have That idiot of Balotelli.. i Mean every single teams hes been to, just wanted to get rid of him, i dont want Roma to be anotehr of those teams, Balotelli is a great talent, but hes the stupidest and childish footballer ive ever seen... DOnt want him at Roma, he walks on teh field and well outside his field is even worse

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis furiously stormed out of the Serie A draw. “I am ashamed to be Italian! I’m going back to cinema.”

The patron had hoped his team would not have difficult fixtures close to the Champions League games. After only a few fixtures had been revealed by the computer, De Laurentiis reacted very angrily.

He swore at the gathered Serie A club Presidents, FIGC members and media in the Lega hall as he walked away.

“It’s all been mapped out against us,” he blasted. “Enough is enough, I’m going back to cinema.

“I’m ashamed to be Italian! I want to change citizenship!”

Napoli will face Milan in Week 3, which is just four days after their Champions League debut.

They’ll also face Inter in Week 6, only three days after the second round of the group phase.

De Laurentiis has long been a vocal critic of the football world, having taken over Napoli in Serie C after their bankruptcy.

He is most famous as part of one of the world’s biggest movie producer dynasties.

In a truly bizarre detail, it's reported De Laurentiis was so eager to get away from the Lega hall that he asked for a lift from a passing teenager on a scooter.

Hahaahahahahahaha

But I think De Laurentiis is right. All the big teams get easy calendar around CL matches, Napoli apparently is not liked by Berlusconi and fellows, so they make it the hardest possible. One can look this from the other side as well: the Milanese have each to play once against Napoli as well close to CL matches. Then again, these clubs have way more depth in the squads than Napoli.

If you believe reports. Anzhi has made a 30m offer for Eto'o, while also offering him a 20m a season contract.

I also agree Dida, however it's not going to change unless Berlusconi is gone.

Sirigu is signed up by PSG.

Tevez's agent is in Italy in talks with Inter Milan ahead of a 40m move. Of course Inter has played down any move for him.

Aquilani wants a permanent move and doesn't want to be loaned out again.

Tsepo Masilela seems to not be in the plans of his current club Maccabi Haifa and would be allowed to leave if Cesena continue with their attempt for him.

Juventus are putting off teams as they try to offload Amauri. 7m is a lot for a striker they don't want and his wages would hurt most teams, in which Parma have all but conceded defeat in trying to get him.

Frey joins Genoa and was willing to take a pay-cut to do it.

Goran Pandev’s agent is pushing the Inter striker towards the San Paolo. “Napoli would be ideal and I know Walter Mazzarri really likes him.”

This summer Pandev has refused a transfer to Genoa in exchange for Rodrigo Palacio, but has left the door open to a different move.

“I can honestly say I know Mazzarri really likes him, right from the time when the Coach was considering the Lazio job and Goran was still at the club,” Carlo Pallavicino told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“I couldn’t say whether the move was plausible, because it’s all tied to Ezequiel Lavezzi’s future and Pandev’s wages.

“One thing is for certain, Napoli has a special fascination for anyone and we’d think very carefully about this.

“If Pandev and Inter do take different paths, which would be disappointing, then clearly Napoli are head and shoulders above the rest. They are a real emerging force in Italian football.

“Napoli would be ideal for the player.”

Well of course it stands on if Lavezzi leaves, however Pandev is nothing like Lavezzi and wouldn't be a replacement at all. However we probably are the best team that would be open to him, with CL, a small chance at the Scudetto and all.

Losing Lavezzi would be the absolute worst thing we could do, unless the Douglas Costa link was true.

However, according to De Laurentis it won't happen.

Interviewed by Sportitalia, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has declared: "We won't sign another forward because our coach Walter Mazzarri already has six of them. And we already have one for the future, his name is Dezi and he has scored in yesterday's friendly game against Barletta. We will have to sell somebody, because there are some players that need more space. Maybe we will sign somebody else in January".

Juventus could announce the signing of Vucinic as early as this weekend if the reports are true. He wasn't at Roma's last training session. Better chance of however signing him Monday.

City and Inter are in talks about an Eto'o for Tevez swap, which would be stupid by Inter. Inter missed out on another trophy due to Eto'o being the only striker who could actually hit the net. The quicker one of Pandev and/or Milito goes and if they can have both Eto'o and Tevez, I would back them for the Scudetto.

Nilmar and Rossi are not on the market. Only way Nilmar leaves for Roma and Rossi for Juventus is if they play their buyout clause.

PSG is coming closer to making an attempt for Lazio's Zarate.

Juventus are thinking of moving for Aquilani with the money that they're getting for Momo on a permanent. Seemingly he was 50-50 to go on loan to Fiorentina and is tracked by Milan.

Roma are ever closer to making their goal keeper signing of Stekelenburg. Loose ties need be to tied up.

City are close to signing Fiorentina winger Cerci. Having already agreed personal terms according to reports, City and Fiorentina still have to agree on the fee, Fiorentina wanting around 6.5m for the winger.

Pastore is close to signing for PSG. After reported talks between Pastore's agent and Chelsea, rumours are a deal with PSG is close to being finalized.

Inter is ever closer to signing Casemiro.

Could it finally be over?

According to Palermo president Zamparini, at midnight, the negotiations with PSG have finalized and a deal of 43m.

Paris Saint-Germain have signed Argentine international playmaker Javier Pastore from Palermo for 43 million euros ($62 million), Italian news agency ANSA reported on Saturday.

The agreement was struck at midnight, said the report, citing Palermo's president Maurizio Zamparini.

Pastore, 22, is one of the most coveted players in world football and his transfer to Parc des Princes would announce PSG's arrival as serious players on the European scene. He was also being tracked by Chelsea.

Good signing for Juventus in Vucinic. Question is who and if Roma will at all replace him?

Rumours are, Inter are willing to offer Maicon + 30m for Carlos Tevez. Tevez isn't needed if a striker doesn't go as I totally forgot they do have Pazzini along with Eto'o, Milito, Pandev and Casnos. However this does make room for Santon to get back into the mix and if they truly believe Jonathan can come in and take a starting spot.

More rumours for Juventus is they're still going to make an attempt for Nani. Reports say a 15m bid could/has been offered. Don't think they'll get him for that cheap.

However Krasic and Nani on the wings supplying 2 of Quagliarella, Matri and/or Vucinic? That's a great making of a CL contending attack.

Though... Juventus manager Conte believes Quagliarella, who was leading them very well before getting injured isn't needed. Would have loved him to stay at Napoli. They're willing to offer him in any attempt for Vargas.

Milan and Juventus are contemplating a swap deal between Cassano and Amauri. Personally don't see the point. Cassano's actually very creative and could play behind Robinho, Pato and Ibra while Amauri will pretty much just be back up, and on huge wages.

Momo seals his move to PSG from Juventus for 7m.

Inter turn down deal from Anzhi for Eto'o, and rumours are they're still willing to offer him for Tevez. Which would be something City should really contemplate if Balotelli really wants to leave back to Italy.

Milan sign young Hungarian winger Krisztian Tamas. Has been compared to Spur's winger Bale in style of play. Tamas being only 16 won't feature for a while.

Milan admit they could be interested in Aquilani if they're unable to get Montolivo.

After "losing" out on Vucinic, Spurs are linked with a 12m bid for Fiorentina's Gilardino, who the club value at 15m.

De Rossi has no wish to leave Roma and won't push for a move. With interest from United, City and Arsenal.

Cassano will only leave Milan if he asks too.

Juventus are willing to offer 10m for Sevilla's winger Perotti and are also interested in Afellay.

Lazio are close to signing Barcelona youngster Keita Balde Diao ahead of Arsenal, United and City.

Bologna and Brescia have come to an agreement about a co-ownership for Diamanti.

Roma linked to Stuttgart midfielder Gentner, and could be signed for a reported 5m.

Chievo are tracking Paloschi, however Paloschi will be hard to sign if Cassano does leave.

Rumours from yesterday when I wasn't on:

Roma are supposedly interested in bringing in Chamakh to replace Vucinic.

Juventus join the chase for Chelsea's Alex.

Sneijder claims don't rule out anything in a move to United, however he is happy to stay with them.

Chievo are looking at Udinese midfielder Abdi on loan with a 3m option to buy at the end of the season. Udinese are supposedly waiting until after the Preliminary CL round before making a decision.

Roma are interested in bringing Germany and Werder Bremen's Marin to replace Vucinic.

Iaquinta hopes to stay at Juventus and his agent admits while Vucinic has come in and no European football for them, he's going to fight for a spot unless the club tell him he can leave.

Galliani rules out any chance of going for Arsenal's Fabregas.

Zenit have made a bid for Juventus's Bonucci.

Reports are Roma have been offered Balotelli on loan, all before City's win over Inter.

Milan still want Schweinsteiger.

Maxi Moralez has signed for Atalanta at the cost of 8m.

A deal for Matias Silvestre between Palermo and Catania will be done this week through a part/exchange. They've yet to know who is joining Catania. Palermo have beaten out Juventus to his signing.