Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Good signing for Juventus in Vucinic. Question is who and if Roma will at all replace him?

Rumours are' date=' Inter are willing to offer Maicon + 30m for Carlos Tevez. Tevez isn't needed if a striker doesn't go as I totally forgot they do have Pazzini along with Eto'o, Milito, Pandev and Casnos. However this does make room for Santon to get back into the mix and if they truly believe Jonathan can come in and take a starting spot.

More rumours for Juventus is they're still going to make an attempt for Nani. Reports say a 15m bid could/has been offered. Don't think they'll get him for that cheap.

However Krasic and Nani on the wings supplying 2 of Quagliarella, Matri and/or Vucinic? That's a great making of a CL contending attack.

Though... Juventus manager Conte believes Quagliarella, who was leading them very well before getting injured isn't needed. Would have loved him to stay at Napoli. They're willing to offer him in any attempt for Vargas.

Milan and Juventus are contemplating a swap deal between Cassano and Amauri. Personally don't see the point. Cassano's actually very creative and could play behind Robinho, Pato and Ibra while Amauri will pretty much just be back up, and on huge wages.

Momo seals his move to PSG from Juventus for 7m.

Inter turn down deal from Anzhi for Eto'o, and rumours are they're still willing to offer him for Tevez. Which would be something City should really contemplate if Balotelli really wants to leave back to Italy.

Milan sign young Hungarian winger Krisztian Tamas. Has been compared to Spur's winger Bale in style of play. Tamas being only 16 won't feature for a while.

Milan admit they could be interested in Aquilani if they're unable to get Montolivo.

After "losing" out on Vucinic, Spurs are linked with a 12m bid for Fiorentina's Gilardino, who the club value at 15m.

De Rossi has no wish to leave Roma and won't push for a move. With interest from United, City and Arsenal.

Cassano will only leave Milan if he asks too.

Juventus are willing to offer 10m for Sevilla's winger Perotti and are also interested in Afellay.

[b']Rumours from yesterday when I wasn't on:[/b]

Roma are supposedly interested in bringing in Chamakh to replace Vucinic.

Juventus join the chase for Chelsea's Alex.

Sneijder claims don't rule out anything in a move to United, however he is happy to stay with them.

Chievo are looking at Udinese midfielder Abdi on loan with a 3m option to buy at the end of the season. Udinese are supposedly waiting until after the Preliminary CL round before making a decision.

Roma are interested in bringing Germany and Werder Bremen's Marin to replace Vucinic.

Iaquinta hopes to stay at Juventus and his agent admits while Vucinic has come in and no European football for them, he's going to fight for a spot unless the club tell him he can leave.

Galliani rules out any chance of going for Arsenal's Fabregas.

Zenit have made a bid for Juventus's Bonucci.

Reports are Roma have been offered Balotelli on loan, all before City's win over Inter.

Milan still want Schweinsteiger.

Maxi Moralez has signed for Atalanta at the cost of 8m.

A deal for Matias Silvestre between Palermo and Catania will be done this week through a part/exchange. They've yet to know who is joining Catania. Palermo have beaten out Juventus to his signing.

i would prefer one between Nilmar and Marin and my forbidden dream is Nani (even tho it will be almost impossible to be able to see him with a Roma shirt, yet i dont understand why roma isnt intersted in him, hed be a perfect replace for vucinic as imo nani is much better than the ex roma player, he would cost about teh same as vucinic, as nani isnt happy with the situation at manchester and will probably leave, if he isnt guaranteed a regular spo, thing very unlikely with young and with the renewing of the contract to valencia).

On marin and Nilmar, id prefer marin due to his age, but Nilmar clearly has more experience, but we need a winger and not a striker as we have plenty of strikers, that why chamakh is a bad idea for roma, Nilmar is prety much same like vucinic, not veru consistent, tho he would definetly more willing to play for the club then vucinic.

marin or nilmar imo are good repalcements for vucinic.

i would prefer one between Nilmar and Marin and my forbidden dream is Nani (even tho it will be almost impossible to be able to see him with a Roma shirt' date=' yet i dont understand why roma isnt intersted in him, hed be a perfect replace for vucinic as imo nani is much better than the ex roma player, he would cost about teh same as vucinic, as nani isnt happy with the situation at manchester and will probably leave, if he isnt guaranteed a regular spo, thing very unlikely with young and with the renewing of the contract to valencia).

On marin and Nilmar, id prefer marin due to his age, but Nilmar clearly has more experience, but we need a winger and not a striker as we have plenty of strikers, that why chamakh is a bad idea for roma, Nilmar is prety much same like vucinic, not veru consistent, tho he would definetly more willing to play for the club then vucinic.

marin or nilmar imo are good repalcements for vucinic.[/quote']

Agreed about Chamakh. I can't see Nilmar leaving Villarreal, believe they said he's not for sale, obviously doesn't mean he won't leave but it'd take a lot. Marin could be a good option though.

Also, amazing signing of Stekelenburg. Roma are also linked to Guarin of Porto, as are Inter.

Could United have gotten their man?

It looks like, after a summer of speculation, Manchester United are set to get their man after Inter accepted a bid of more than £30 million for Wesley Sneijder.

Accoring to the Daily Mirror, the English champions made a formal offer at the weekend which the world champions have accepted, meaning United and Sneijder can now discuss personal terms.

It is these wage demands that could prove to be the stumbling block however as the Dutchman does not want to take a pay-cut on a salary that would earn him the equivalent of almost £190,000 a week in the Premier League – which is way outside United’s pay structure.

Thus, United are set to offer a large basic wage topped up by bonuses and signing on fees throughout the length of the contract. This coupled with increased revenue from image rights should see Sneijder move to United this week.

30m+ doesn't do him justice.

Milan's supposed "X" man is not Hamsik. It's an up and coming talent, not an already top talent. However he might not join before the season starts.

Some very very unfortunate news though.

Former AC Milan goalkeeper Andrea Pazzagli has died aged 51 after suffering a stroke.

Pazzagli, who played under Arrigo Sacchi at Milan for two years and was an unused substitute when the club won the 1990 European Cup, was on holiday in Tuscany when he was taken ill.

He had been employed as a youth goalkeeping coach with the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) since 2001.

RIP

Lyon are linked with Mariga.

Arsenal and Spurs have held talks with Zarate's agent. Lazio have said he's not for sale but like every player, a big offer comes in they'll consider it.

Could someone please fill me in on Alessio Cerci of Fiorentina? I've heard Man City are after him' date=' but Ive not heard of him before, Adem Ljajic is more known to me. Would he be worth signing?[/quote']

I always liekd cerci, since the roma times, i was sad when he left Roma, Cerci has great dribbling skills, a good technique, good passing and crossing abilities, hes qutie inconsistent and that hiw why he never made the big step foward.

Even tho i think hes good, if he goes to M.City i really see him as a reserve for the reserves of the regulars.

I mean, City is about to buy Nasri, and they would have way too many wingers for cerci to hope to play a decent amunt of minutes, (silva,balotelli,johnsons, wright-philips,weiss and even milner), and if counting nasri too thatd be 7 people ahead of cerci, 4 in the most optimistic case (if balotelli leaves, and Mancini would value cerci more than weiss and Right philips, that would still make him the 3rd reserve, as nsri and silva would be regulars, milner and balotelli the 1st choices, and then Cerci, competing for a spot with wright philips and weiss.

I think cerci has a good talent, but i dont think hes M.City stuff.

Buggers me to see a club of Man City's size and especially money hunting for Cerci. Good player - no doubt - but with millions, if not billions to spent, you could go for another player who can help you rip up the big teams defences. Cerci is not that man - he isn't even a featuring regulary for La Viola (who is coming from a miserably season) - so I don't get what Mancini sees in him. With all due respect, why spend that non-British place on a player who perhaps won't even sit on the bench? Could Cerci even apply for work-permit in England? Cerci hasn't been capped yet for Italy and isn't even close of doing so, to be honest.

Atalanta are starting off with a 7 point deduction.

From Soccernet:

Atalanta are set to begin the new Serie A campaign with a seven-point deduction for their part in the latest match-fixing scandal to rock Italian football.

The newly-promoted side were one of 18 teams implicated in the calcioscommesse betting scandal and received notice of their punishment at a hearing before the Italian Football Federation's (FIGC) sporting prosecutor in Rome on Wednesday.

Last season's Serie B clash between Atalanta and Piacenza came under scrutiny following reports of irregular betting patterns.

Atalanta's veteran captain Cristiano Doni, 38, has been hit with a three-and-a-half-year ban for his actions, while team-mate Thomas Manfredini received a three-year ban.

The punishments are the recommendation of federal prosecutor Stefano Palazzi, using information from an investigation undertaken by the public prosecutor of Cremona.

All of Wednesday's recommendations - outside of any plea bargains - still need to be ratified by the FIGC's disciplinary commission.

Another Serie A outfit, Chievo, opted to enter a plea bargain and were fined 80,000 euros. Their fine relates to the actions of Stefano Bettarini, a former Italy international who was registered with the team last season but who never made an appearance.

Bettarini, charged with trying to influence the outcome of matches, entered a plea bargain and has been banned for 14 months.

Ascoli defender Vittorio Micolucci also made a deal with the prosecutors and received a 14-month ban for his links to the scandal.

Micolucci's club have been handed a six-point deduction for the 2011-12 season and handed a 90,000 euro fine. Fellow Serie B sides Hellas Verona and Sassuolo were handed 50,000 euro fines.

Representatives of 11 third-tier Pro League teams - Alexandria, Cremonese, Benevento, Ravenna, Virtus Entella, Piacenza, Esperia Viareggio, Portogruaro, Taranto, Spezia and Reggiana - and two amateur sides - Cus Chieti and Pino Di Matteo - were also at the hearing.

Of the more serious sanctions handed down to those teams, Alexandria face relegation from the third tier and Ravenna have been told they face total expulsion from the league if the commission upholds Palazzi's ruling.

Benevento were hit with a 14-point penalty and Cremonese a nine-point deduction. Both teams also received 30,000 euro fines

The calcioscommesse scandal takes in 18 suspicious matches, including one Serie A encounter between Inter Milan and Lecce, and has led to the Italian police making a total of 16 arrests, among them former Italy international Giuseppe Signori, since the investigation began in November.

Signori, 43, was among those arrested on June 1 amid claims by prosecutors that the 16 had been involved in manipulating results of matches in Serie B and lower leagues. He was today banned from football activities for five years.

Signori, Doni, Manfredini, Bettarini and Micolucci were among 26 individuals at the hearing, all of whom face bans of up to five years.

Italian football was last gripped by match-fixing allegations in 2006, when the Calciopoli affair saw Juventus stripped of two Scudettos and relegated to Serie B after being found guilty of trying to influence referee selection.

Montolivo's Agent confirm talks with AC Milan.

Reports are Eto'o wants to leave Inter after having a fallout with Gasperini.

Juventus willing to put Amauri and Martinez in a deal for Vargas.

Inter are looking at Lyon's Bastos after reports said Lyon are after Mariga and a swap of Mariga + Cash for Bastos could happen as Bastos wants a move to Serie A.

More Maicon for Tevez reports.

Gago's agent is trying to talk up a move to Inter. "It would be good for the player" and himself.

Inter again say Sneijder is not up for sale. As Fergie continues to play down a move. However Cantona, after Scholes has said United should move for him.

Sebastien Coates rejects a move to Ukraine as he wants a move to a Serie A team, with Inter, Juventus and Lazio watching him.

Pato rejects claims of a move to Chelsea, and wants to stay at Milan at least until his contract ends.

Another player takes a hit at former club, this time Frey at Fiorentina.

Stoke City join the race for Mariga.

Handanovic signs an extension at Udinese.

Gabriel Milito is on Roma's Radar.

Nesta doesn't want to retire.

Nagatomo ops against having surgery.

Genoa sign Santos forward Ze Eduardo.

Rumours were going around, and it seems that they were true. Chelsea have been contemplating offering 20m + one of Anelka or Kalou (neither are close to the talent of Pato) for Pato. I would be absolutely surprised if it was accepted. Their only other what most would call "young" forward is Paloschi, who while I rate personally quite high, they again would be going backwards in age accepting either (even with Kalou only being 25). Neither are good enough to replace Pato though they both can play as wide-forwards like Pato does. Pato just needs to keep fit for once and Milan could go far in every competition.

Roma again show interest in Kjaer.

Juventus are watching Yannick Djalo of Sporting.

Buggers me to see a club of Man City's size and especially money hunting for Cerci. Good player - no doubt - but with millions' date=' if not billions to spent, you could go for another player who can help you rip up the big teams defences. Cerci is not that man - he isn't even a featuring regulary for La Viola (who is coming from a miserably season) - so I don't get what Mancini sees in him. With all due respect, why spend that non-British place on a player who perhaps won't even sit on the bench? [b']Could Cerci even apply for work-permit in England?[/b] Cerci hasn't been capped yet for Italy and isn't even close of doing so, to be honest.

He wouldn't need a work permit to play in England as Italy is in the European Union :)

Any word on Astori moving to a bigger club?

Cagliari puchased all the percents of him from Milan earlier this summer. He is now a Cagliari player to 100% in other words - so I wouldn't expect him to move away from Sardinia this summer.

He wouldn't need a work permit to play in England as Italy is in the European Union :)

Ah, that makes sense!

Cagliari puchased all the percents of him from Milan earlier this summer. He is now a Cagliari player to 100% in other words - so I wouldn't expect him to move away from Sardinia this summer.

Really now? Didn't realize that. :o

Anyways. Juventus are returning their attention to Vidic, who they've been following for summers now. Be absolutely shocked if this ever comes true.

Bruno Alves could be another player they're after, as Zenit really want Bonucci.

Elia's agent claims they're in talks with Juventus.

Inter turn their attention to M'Vila if Mariga was to leave.

More boring Tevez to Inter rumours.

Oh and way to go Palermo. Making Italy really look strong.

According to Elia's agent, Juventus have made an official bid.

Mazzarri rules out signing another striker.

Roma are open to rivaling Manchester City for Cerci.

Fiorentina target either Jorge Martinez or Kranjcar to replace Cerci.

Inter are "willing" too sell Sneijder at a price, if they can find a replacement.

Bresciano is close to moving to Dubai on 2m a season contract.

Juventus still are interested in Poli

Sampdoria show interest in former Juventus keeper Manninger.

Amauri said he'd do anything to get a move back to Palermo, including taking a wage cut.

Eto'o denies any argument with Inter coach.

Galliani and Perez being in China has fueled the talks about Kaka returning.

Roma seem to want 3-4 players still this summer.

Udinese get Arsenal in the CL.

Guest Daragh

Sky Sports Italia said Roma agreed personal terms with Nilmar' date=' however a fee hasn't been agreed and Roma have to move on a non-EU player before it could happen.[/quote']

We've also agreed terms with Marseille for Lucho, however, if Lucho wants the move, he'll have to take a €1m pay cut.

We've also agreed terms with Marseille for Lucho' date=' however, if Lucho wants the move, he'll have to take a €1m pay cut.[/quote']

Both would be great signings. Seems the obvious non-EU choice to leave Roma would be Simplicio. Can see him getting some big move to the Dubai or Saudi Arabia or a move back home.

Both would be great signings. Seems the obvious non-EU choice to leave Roma would be Simplicio. Can see him getting some big move to the Dubai or Saudi Arabia or a move back home.

Yeah, it should be Simplicio who'll get sacrifised. He was reportedly left at home by Luis Enrique when Roma began their pre-season training. Shame really, as I do think he did a terrific job last year at Roma and played an instrumental role. I think he would have fitted in well into the current Roma side that Luis Enrique has put his faith in, but due to the stupid rules that FIGC stifted (the two Non-EU quota :rolleyes:), things like this happen. I hope he stays in Europe, as I think he'd continue to do well at a club of Roma's calibre.

Yeah' date=' it should be Simplicio who'll get sacrifised. He was reportedly left at home by Luis Enrique when Roma began their pre-season training. Shame really, as I do think he did a terrific job last year at Roma and played an instrumental role. I think he would have fitted in well into the current Roma side that Luis Enrique has put his faith in, but due to the stupid rules that FIGC stifted (the two Non-EU quota :rolleyes:), things like this happen. I hope he stays in Europe, as I think he'd continue to do well at a club of Roma's calibre.[/quote']

It is unfortunate but I can't see him staying in Europe. Being past 30 and Brazilian, it just screams Dubai/Saudi Arabia. Especially as not many European clubs are going to risk the wages he's on at his age, nor can most of them afford them.

It is unfortunate but I can't see him staying in Europe. Being past 30 and Brazilian' date=' it just screams Dubai/Saudi Arabia. Especially as not many European clubs are going to risk the wages he's on at his age, nor can most of them afford them.[/quote']

True. Though I can only dream on! However, I'd think that sides such as Cesena (who are looking for some major reinforcement) and perhaps a side like Atalanta, who seems to have a lot of money in their pocket (they recently spent €4m on a Brazilian!), could do with Simplicio. He knows Serie A inside-and-out and is familiar with the culture, so why not?! :D

It is unfortunate but I can't see him staying in Europe. Being past 30 and Brazilian' date=' it just screams Dubai/Saudi Arabia. Especially as not many European clubs are going to risk the wages he's on at his age, nor can most of them afford them.[/quote']

Probably a move back to Brazil is an option too,there all doing well financially due to the strong economy at the moment and so could afford his wages.

Guest Daragh

Which further emphasises my point about how poorly we, as a club have been run over the past few years. I was having a similar discussion with Kylan about this. We were in a position earlier this Summer, where we found it difficult to offload certain players, and certain decisions made in the past have now come back and cost us in more ways than one. I could use a number of examples, after one good season Doni was handed a new five year contract. Put aside for one second that the guy since then hasn't played to that level on a consistent basis since, but to offer someone a such a lucrative deal after one decent season - when still under a decent contract - when the club were in the position we were was horrendous management. Due to this decision, not only have we wasted major money, but we then struggled to offload him earlier this Summer, as Liverpool (the only club interested....) weren't willing to pay his wages - so much so, that they only offered him 40% of his actual salary. Now THAT is astonishing.

Julio Sergio can be used as another example. One good season, he's offered an improved deal, yet fails to produce that form last season - albeit, a season dominated by injuries. Sergio is another who has since left the club. I shall use another example. Adriano. Its quite staggering to actually think that the guy was on similar wages to that of Mexes. A guy who has had a history, a guy who since his downfall at Inter, had only come off a decent stint in Brazil. Thats no direspect to the Brazilian league, but he was still overweight. I'll admit, I always stated that it was a major risk, but one worth taking. Suffice to say, I didn't know he'd be on similar wages to that of our best defender. The decision soon back fired and Adriano didn't return to Trigoria. Fair enough, for a club in our position, it obviously proved costly, but when you think we couldn't offer Mexes a "respectable" offer, then it really adds salt to our wounds. To think, that money could have been used for a contract for Mexes really leaves me feeling bitter. For a club in such financial turmoil, we were quite generous with our cash. It affects our cash flow more than just wages, we're left in a position where we may not be able to sell our players for their true market value due to the fact potential suitors may not be able/or willing to pay their full wages. Its amazing how a club of our stature can be run so poorly. Serious mis-management behind the scenes have cost us, yet we continued to make the same mistakes over and over again. We were using cash we just didn't have, and it became evident when UniCredit blocked certain contract discussions along with blocking Behrami's proposed move to the club.

Its refreshing to see the Lucho situation arise now. As much as I like him, its positive to see that we've finally clamped down, as was expected from Sabatini.

Big road block in the Nilmar deal being his 24m price tag. At least Villarreal aren't expecting any team to meet his 50m buyout clause. Roma's first 14m + add-ons was rejected. Seems a 20m + a player deal could be their next offer.

Eto'o plays down any argument with Gasperini.

Reports go either way on Sneijder, though I doubt any deal has actually been agreed.

When Vargas returns to Fiorentina, him, his agent and the club are going to sit down and talk about what's going to happen in terms of a move. Seems Real Madrid are the new club coming in, offering a 3m a season contract.

Richard Boateng goes on loan at Granada from Udinese.

Udinese had a bid accepted for Defour, but once Defour heard he was going to go out on loan to newly promoted Granada, he rejected a move as he obviously would want to play for a much better club. He's already rejected a move to Lokomotiv.

Zarate is available at 20m.

Lamela will cost Roma up to 17m total based on targets met.

Pastore seals PSG move.

Both Inter and City dismiss Sneijder bid.