Guest Daragh

Official Serie A Thread

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Gotta agree. Matri was at his usual' date=' made good runs when he decided too and took his goal pretty well, but was as per usual, very much just on the pitch.

Marchisio and Pirlo were brilliant. Peluso shouldn't be at a big team. Cacares had to do a lot of work to make up for Peluso's constant errors.

Not surprised Juventus went the way of putting the ball long to a mediocre Celtic defense, as their midfield played a good game and wasn't going to be opened up as easily as a long ball. Not too mention Celtic's record at home is very good, and have only been beaten by Barcelona (if the commentator's are correct that is as I have no idea) so Juventus played the correct way and got a very good result.[/quote']

It's the first time in a while I see a very clinical and cruel Juventus, I like it; great teams have to win even when they don't play well, this is probably the only thing we lacked in the past 2 years.

Matri did 1 goal and 1 assist in a very defensive minded game by Juventus, I think he did well, he is an average striker, we can't expect more than this from him.

Celtic was undefeated at home. They won 2-1 with Barcelona (they lost at Camp Nou in injury time).

Vidal looked tired. I hope he can get some rest before the match with Roma. We already have Marchisio out.

Good things are that Asamoah is back, Chiellini should be fit by the end of the month and we should easily go through the tie to the quarter finals of champions. So we can concentrate on the serie A (especially the match with Napoli :D)

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

It's the first time in a while I see a very clinical and cruel Juventus' date=' I like it; great teams have to win even when they don't play well, this is probably the only thing we lacked in the past 2 years.

Matri did 1 goal and 1 assist in a very defensive minded game by Juventus, I think he did well, he is an average striker, we can't expect more than this from him.

[b']Celtic was undefeated at home. They won 2-1 with Barcelona (they lost at Camp Nou in injury time).[/b]

Vidal looked tired. I hope he can get some rest before the match with Roma. We already have Marchisio out.

Good things are that Asamoah is back, Chiellini should be fit by the end of the month and we should easily go through the tie to the quarter finals of champions. So we can concentrate on the serie A (especially the match with Napoli :D)

Meant overall. They've supposedly only ever lost twice at home in Europe and that was too Barcelona, according to the commentators, though again, I have no idea, just what they claimed.

I do agree Matri did well when he got the chance, but he really is an average striker. I won't be surprised if both Matri and Quagliarella are gone at the end of the season with 1 more striker coming in. Though again, don't get why Anelka's there. He did outrun one of their defenders once, but other then that... I did expect Matri to get subbed, but thought Quag would have gotten the time. Guess no need to risk an injury to him.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Meant overall. They've supposedly only ever lost twice at home in Europe and that was too Barcelona' date=' according to the commentators, though again, I have no idea, just what they claimed.

I do agree Matri did well when he got the chance, but he really is an average striker. I won't be surprised if both Matri and Quagliarella are gone at the end of the season with 1 more striker coming in. Though again, don't get why Anelka's there. He did outrun one of their defenders once, but other then that... I did expect Matri to get subbed, but thought Quag would have gotten the time. Guess no need to risk an injury to him.[/quote']

Well Quagliarella will see a lot the bench until he is sold, which will happen in summer. He complained again about his lack of chances not too long ago so there is no more going back, it is his last season at Juve.

There is always Giovinco too before Quagliarella.

I think Conte chose Anelka too keep the ball and lose time, since he is definitely better at defending it than Quagliarella or Giovinco.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Well Quagliarella will see a lot the bench until he is sold' date=' which will happen in summer. He complained again about his lack of chances not too long ago so there is no more going back, it is his last season at Juve.

There is always Giovinco too before Quagliarella.

I think Conte chose Anelka too keep the ball and lose time, since he is definitely better at defending it than Quagliarella or Giovinco.[/quote']

Was surprised when Quag's agent didn't actually look to move him, all he did was come out claiming his client wanted to stay. Quag and Matri are probably off to the likes of Udinese, Lazio, Fiorentina, Roma. Vucinic's linked to United again, though can't see that one happening. Anelka's probably not going to be permanently signed. Giovinco, Vucinic, Llorente Gabbiadini and 1 other and next season they'll be even better. Scary to think about.

Was surprised when Quag's agent didn't actually look to move him' date=' all he did was come out claiming his client wanted to stay. Quag and Matri are probably off to the likes of Udinese, Lazio, Fiorentina, Roma. Vucinic's linked to United again, though can't see that one happening. Anelka's probably not going to be permanently signed. Giovinco, Vucinic, Llorente Gabbiadini and 1 other and next season they'll be even better. Scary to think about.[/quote']

You forgot about Boayke and maybe even Immobile :o. I'm surprised no one has brought up about Lichsteiner's behaviour. I've always felt he is the liability and that his short temper would get Juve into trouble.

Personally, I would put Caceres there at RWB after Cheillo becomes fit. Btw whats happened to Isla, guys?

Reports suggesting that Inter have apparently won a bid for Icardi but Sampdoria haved denied that Icardi is going to Inter.

Juves best 11 in my eyes:

Vucinic-Giovinco

Asamoah-Marchisio-Vidal-Caceres

Pirlo

Cheillini-Bonucci-Barzagli

Buffon

I'd put Caceres just because I feel he is a great defender,got great energy, stamina, and decent attacking skills. He can counteract better against LM's/LW's/LB's in CL then Lich.

You forgot about Boayke and maybe even Immobile :o. I'm surprised no one has brought up about Lichsteiner's behaviour. I've always felt he is the liability and that his short temper would get Juve into trouble.

Personally' date=' I would put Caceres there at RWB after Cheillo becomes fit. Btw whats happened to Isla, guys?

Reports suggesting that Inter have apparently won a bid for Icardi but Sampdoria haved denied that Icardi is going to Inter.

Juves best 11 in my eyes:

[center']Vucinic-Giovinco

Asamoah-Marchisio-Vidal-Caceres

Pirlo

Cheillini-Bonucci-Barzagli

Buffon

[/center]

I'd put Caceres just because I feel he is a great defender,got great energy, stamina, and decent attacking skills. He can counteract better against LM's/LW's/LB's in CL then Lich.

Don't see Immobile going back to Juventus. Boayke is most likely going back on loan.

Read Inter was getting him too, as Milito's future replacement.

Milan and Juventus are tracking Sampdoria's other highly rated youngster, Simone Zaza on loan at Ascoli.

Madrid and Barcelona want Obiang. Sampdoria's youth are getting poached left and right.

Thought Cacares was quite good as a CB, really made up for Peluso's mediocrity, though when Chiellini does get back, he would be very good on the Right.

It's the first time in a while I see a very clinical and cruel Juventus' date=' I like it; great teams have to win even when they don't play well, this is probably the only thing we lacked in the past 2 years.

Celtic was undefeated at home. They won 2-1 with Barcelona (they lost at Camp Nou in injury time).

Good things are that Asamoah is back, Chiellini should be fit by the end of the month and we should easily go through the tie to the quarter finals of champions. So we can concentrate on the serie A (especially the match with Napoli :D)[/quote']

I think Juve had the perfect game plan, I find it interesting how there seems to be one rule for British teams about being physical and another for Spanish, Italian etc. I found Lichtsteiner's antics quite funny :D

Celtic may of had a lot of possession, especially in the first half, but their "dominance" has been overstated. I can't think of one chance where they seriously troubled Buffon and their quality in the final third was clearly lacking.

I agree with everyone's comments on Peluso, he looked uncomfortable defending but the ball for Matri's goal was very good.

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

This is definitely the best part of it all.

"I thought he was poor," Lennon told Sky Sports. "I thought he was very pro-Juventus. I was disappointed with his performance to say the least.

"It's not rugby we're playing, it's soccer. I pointed it out to the referee at half-time in the tunnel area but he just waved me away. I made it clear to the players to flag it up to the referee in the second half, but he ignored our requests. They were being fouled, manhandled. Every time one of my players tried to move he was held. He should have given a penalty on at least two occasions.

"I'd like to know what the interpretation of the rules are in Italy or Spain, because it's blatantly different to what they are in Britain from what I've seen tonight. They were fouling on every opportunity and he was staring right at it. So are the rules different in Spain? Because, on that showing, they must be."

Wonder if there will be any punishment for this.

Might wanna talk to Brown about being "rugby" like against Pirlo as well.

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Milan and Juventus are tracking Sampdoria's other highly rated youngster' date=' Simone Zaza on loan at Ascoli.

[/quote']

I really hope Juve can get Zaza. I like him. :)

Don't see Immobile going back to Juventus. Boayke is most likely going back on loan.

Yeah I agree with you. I don't think Immobile will ever come back to Juve. I think Juve will trade the second half for the other half of Boakye. Then they will send Boakye on loan to a Serie A club or even to Sassuolo itself if it can get promoted.

"I thought he was poor' date='" Lennon told Sky Sports. "I thought he was very pro-Juventus. I was disappointed with his performance to say the least.

"It's not rugby we're playing, it's soccer. I pointed it out to the referee at half-time in the tunnel area but he just waved me away. I made it clear to the players to flag it up to the referee in the second half, but he ignored our requests. They were being fouled, manhandled. Every time one of my players tried to move he was held. He should have given a penalty on at least two occasions.

"I'd like to know what the interpretation of the rules are in Italy or Spain, because it's blatantly different to what they are in Britain from what I've seen tonight. They were fouling on every opportunity and he was staring right at it. So are the rules different in Spain? Because, on that showing, they must be." [/quote']Looks like Lennon is not used to "Italian" man marking :D Lichsteiner did well his job :P

No reason to change Licht with Caceres, he is doing good lately. Sometimes he can be short tempered true, but not a big deal it doesn't happen that often (last time I remember has been with Inter when he could have been sent off). Yesterday he didn't do anything even if he has been provoked.

Isla suffered a terrible knee injury, that ruined his confidence and he will probably need many other months to fully recover from it and going back to the standards he had at Udinese. I remember when it happened to Del Piero it took him almost 2 years to go back to his levels. :(

BRAZIL star Leandro Damiao is set to snub long-term admirers Tottenham once again, as he eyes a move to Italy.

Spurs have chased the 23-year-old over the past four transfer windows, but are yet to land their man.

And it seems White Hart Lane boss Andre Villas-Boas could miss out on the striker for good, after Damiao's agent revealed he is keen on a move to Italy this summer.

"The Italian championship is a goal for Damiao," said the player's agent, Vinicius Prates.

"He is focused on succeeding in Brazil but anything can happen in June, although we have no agreement with European teams."

It is thought both Juventus and Napoli are keen on the Brazilian international, with Prates stating "it would be a pleasure" for Damiao to join the latter.

Napoli are set to enter the market for a striker this summer, with star man Edinson Cavani being targeted by Manchester City.

Damiao's representative also confirmed reports Spurs had a £17m deadline-day bid rejected by his current club Internacional last month.

"Few European clubs have the ability to hire [Damiao] right now," said Prates.

Having him and Cavani would be absolutely brilliant.

Juve winning last night was certainly the right result. Celtic are proving to be bad losers.

I think Hooper was the one closest to getting a red. The commentators (british) say Hooper is allowed to stand in front of Buffon but are calling for a penalty when the defender does the same, with his hands up. As long as there is no holding it's not a penalty. Hooper was the one hitting him and getting angry.

A very old fashioned Italian performance. Why did Celtic get so much praise? They had a lot of the ball, yes but I can only remember one chance which should've been taken (Ambrose). Besides that they only had shots from distance.

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Is there any chance of Alen Stevanovic end up at big club? He don't have much playing time right now' date=' is he injured?[/quote']

He is still co-owned by Inter and he is not injured. Ventura just prefers other players (Cerci, Santana, Birsa) over him.

Ventura said back in november that Stevanovic wasn't putting enough effort on the field and in training and he didn't need him if he wasn't giving 100%.

So that's probably why he isn't playing lately.

... sell him :P

I just read that Juve are interested for A.Sanchez' date=' their bid might be:

Matri+5m=Sanchez

Looks a bit stupid but who knows[/quote']

No way Matri is worth almost like Sanchez. Matri is worth more or less 10m € right now. Sanchez 20-25m €

And most of all why Barcelona should take Matri lol ?

No UEFA action to be taken place for Lennon's comments. Brilliant job....

I don't think they can play together ... but if Cavani leave ... :P

Stop' date=' just stop. :P:p

I just read that Juve are interested for A.Sanchez, their bid might be:

Looks a bit stupid but who knows

He is still co-owned by Inter and he is not injured. Ventura just prefers other players (Cerci' date=' Santana, Birsa) over him.

Ventura said back in november that Stevanovic wasn't putting enough effort on the field and in training and he didn't need him if he wasn't giving 100%.

... sell him :P

No way Matri is worth almost like Sanchez. Matri is worth more or less 10m € right now. Sanchez 20-25m €

[b']And most of all why Barcelona should take Matri lol[/b] ?

That basically says it all.

Anyways:

Squad for Napoli's Europa Game: De Sanctis, Rosati, Britos, Campagnaro, Gamberini, Rolando, Donadel, Dzemaili, El Kaddouri, Hamsik, Inler, Maggio, Mesto, Zuniga, Calaiò, Cavani, Insigne, Pandev

Cannavaro's expected to get rested, Behrami sprained his ankle. No Roberto or Novonthy which is quite stupid.

Guessing

De Sanctis

Campagnaro-Rolando-Britos

Mesto-Dzemail-Inler-Zuniga

Insigne-Hamsik

Cavani

Cannavaro's expected to get rested' date=' Behrami sprained his ankle. No Roberto or Novonthy which is quite stupid.

Guessing

De Sanctis

Campagnaro-Rolando-Britos

Mesto-Dzemail-Inler-Zuniga

Insigne-Hamsik

Cavani[/quote']

I'm glad Mazzarri is taking the EL seriously, but where is Armero? This game is the perfect moment to give Armero his first start. It will be good to finally see Rolando as well!

I'm glad Mazzarri is taking the EL seriously' date=' but where is Armero? This game is the perfect moment to give Armero his first start. It will be good to finally see Rolando as well![/quote']

Agreed. I hope our actually good defense (what an amazing turn around isn't it?) turns up and keeps the clean sheet as we're home first. I did read Rolando's likely to start, which would be great. I'd rest Campagnaro personally, but don't think that will happen. Maybe we could get away resting Cavani and possibly start Pandev or Calaio.

Re: Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Napoli has to reach the final (so it will get tired for the serie A :P)

I say Napoli will win 3-1' date=' Cavani scores 2 times and Insigne once.

Forza Napoli lol :D[/quote']

Juventus face Roma, Napoli face Sampdoria. I'm a little more confident. ;)

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Juventus face Roma' date=' Napoli face Sampdoria. I'm a little more confident. ;)[/quote']

Yeah in fact I said I want Napoli to reach the FINAL, many more matches of Europa League :D

He is still co-owned by Inter and he is not injured. Ventura just prefers other players (Cerci' date=' Santana, Birsa) over him.

... sell him :P[/quote']

Might be same case with Ljajic then, have a good talent, but something when wrong. Didn't know he is co-owned by Inter tho, that is real nice to know. :)

And thanks Ale for your input.

Agreed. I hope our actually good defense (what an amazing turn around isn't it?) turns up and keeps the clean sheet as we're home first. I did read Rolando's likely to start' date=' which would be great. I'd rest Campagnaro personally, but don't think that will happen. Maybe we could get away resting Cavani and possibly start Pandev or Calaio.[/quote']

I'm confident we can get the job done tonight, I wouldn't expect anything less than dishing out a thumping at home to a minnow. I'd be in favour of starting Cavani, letting him beat up their defence in the first half, and then switch him for Calaio when we are a couple of goals up! FORZA NAPOLI!

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Might be same case with Ljajic then' date=' have a good talent, but something when wrong. Didn't know he is co-owned by Inter tho, that is real nice to know. :)

And thanks Ale for your input.[/quote']

Yeah talent alone is never enough to make a champion.

You're welcome. If you need info on Serie A players just drop a comment here you'll get an answer. ;)

Oh Zenit - Liverpool just started. Zenit started strong.