Guest Daragh

Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

I wasn't surprised to see Napoli lose to be honest. Only because I've grown to expect Italian teams to do badly in Europe over the last few years.

Inter lost to Trabonzpor at home. Palermo couldn't even qualify into the Europa League a few seasons ago when they had Pastore. Udinese lost to Helsingborg. Juventus lost to Fulham. Milan couldn't beat Anderlecht at home and didnt beat BATE last season. I think Napoli and Lazio did badly last season in the Europa League too.

There has been improvement but we need to do a lot better to get 4 places into the UCL back.

I would like to thank all people that since yesterday evening I are filling up with messages and affection.

I thank the President Moratti, my buddies and all the Inter, I thank all colleagues who have contacted me, I thank the Genoa CFC, AC Milan, Fiorentina and all other companies for the nice words ... but mostly I thank all supporters nerazzurri who at this time are making me move.

All this affection gives me an incredible and we'll put it all to return as soon as possible on the pitch.

A hug and thank you.

Diego Milito

Milito damaged his knee ligaments yesterday in our clash versus Cluj. Unfortunately, It look's like this will be the end of Milito's season. This is a terrible blow to our season, but It will show how we can respond and presevere without Diego. I hope he get's better soon :(.

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Napoli played in champions league last season and it has been eliminated by Chelsea after extra time in the first knockout stage.

This year they just didn't put much effort in the match and overall in the competition, they actually made it clear that they are aiming more to the scudetto than everything else. :o

Lennon can do whatever he wants, it's not going to change the 3-0. :P

There was no excuse for last night's performance - one of the most gutless, half-hearted displays I think I've ever seen and a total embarrassment for Napoli and Serie A (that should do our coefficient the world of good :rolleyes:) . I know a lot of people couldn't give a toss about the EL but I was gutted, I really wanted us to have a right go at it because I feel the Scudetto is just out of reach this season. I don't see us overturning a 3-0 aggregate, Mazzarri clearly doesn't value the tournament.

I'm happy that Inter and Lazio had very good results. I really feel for Milito though, what an awful injury to suffer at this stage in his career.

Balotelli is a great striker no matter what anyone says. I've been a huge admirer of him for many years but He's been really great for Milan. Too bad He's not on the better Milan team.

Vidal has apparently been subject to a 30 million bid by Munich.

Roma ended a run of seven Serie A matches without a win by stunning leaders Juventus 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday. Francesco Totti scored the only goal of the game on 58 minutes, the Giallorossi captain finding the top left corner of Gianluigi Buffon's goal with an unstoppable 25-yard drive.

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Ahem, do you really have to spam the thread with nonsense? There is no need to give more info about Mastour, he is already enough overhyped as it is. I think there are something like 3 or 4 topics in the "found a talent" section about him.

You can always check youtube, there are plenty of videos about him.

I hope he can at least live up to 10% of people's expectations.

Going back to topic.

Juve was definitely tired and deserved to lose. Totti could have avoid that killer tackle on Pirlo :mad:

53943249470819056438911.jpg

Now, Siena and then Napoli :)

Yes!! Insigne is starting over Pandev today! Is Mazzarri feeling ill? :P

I'm liking the lineup: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Britos; Mesto, Behrami, Inler, Hamsik, Armero; Insigne, Cavani

Armero deserves his first start after Zuniga's poor performance in the EL, with Juve losing we need to close the gap to -2 but it will be tough against a much improved Sampdoria under DR.

Forzaaaaaaaa Napoliiiiiiii!

Ahem' date=' do you really have to spam the thread with nonsense? There is no need to give more info about Mastour, he is already enough overhyped as it is. I think there are something like 3 or 4 topics in the "found a talent" section about him.

You can always check youtube, there are plenty of videos about him.

I hope he can at least live up to 10% of people's expectations.

Going back to topic.

Juve was definitely tired and deserved to lose. Totti could have avoid that killer tackle on Pirlo :mad:

[img']http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7232/53943249470819056438911.jpg[/img]

Now, Siena and then Napoli :)

a0Zsd38GssA

I respect Totti and all but that tackle is nothing like this. Totti's madness was quite evident in this tacle on Balo when they face us years ago.

Yes!! Insigne is starting over Pandev today! Is Mazzarri feeling ill? :P

I'm liking the lineup: De Sanctis; Campagnaro' date=' Cannavaro, Britos; Mesto, Behrami, Inler, Hamsik, Armero; Insigne, Cavani

Armero deserves his first start after Zuniga's poor performance in the EL, with Juve losing we need to close the gap to -2 but it will be tough against a much improved Sampdoria under DR.

Forzaaaaaaaa Napoliiiiiiii![/quote']

Icardi to score 2 against Napoli ;)! It's great news hearing Insigne is going to start. But, I think KungFu Pandev will have a great impact off the bench ;). Maggios not in the starting lineup either :eek:!

One of my friends said that Inter have asked van Nistelrooy to come out of retirement to replace the injured Diego Milito. Is this true?

Yes, Reports suggest We've contacted VN to come out of retirement in order to replace Milito due to Militos season ending injury. :o

15:00 Serie A results

Catania 1 - 0 Bologna

Genoa 1 - 0 Udinese

Napoli 0 - 0 Sampdoria

Pescara 0 - 2 Cagliari

Torino 2 - 1 Atalanta

Napoli makes it -4 and fails again to shorten the gap between Juventus.

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

a0Zsd38GssA

I respect Totti and all but that tackle is nothing like this. Totti's madness was quite evident in this tacle on Balo when they face us years ago.

Yeah I know Totti is not new to this kind of behaviours. Did you see Pirlo knee? He was literally bleeding.

I'm not going to discuss which one was the worst. They are both really bad and dangerous.

Napoli felt again the pressure. A really nervous Napoli, many fouls especially from Campagnaro and Inler.

I know Napoli fans are confident about their match at San Paolo, but I can't wait for it. But in-between we need to deal with Siena, hoping to not lose again points on the way. :)

Sigh... another opportunity to slash the gap squandered. It was a very frustrating game to watch and I believe we could of won the game if Mazzarri hadn't been so slow to change our shape - Sampdoria were hanging on for dear life when we went to a back four. Cavani was surprisingly average, he's definitely dipped in form lately and I hope all the speculation over his future isn't impacting on his play. On the bright side Insigne and Armero were very good and linked up well, why Mazzarri prefers Pandev is confusing to everyone accept him.

We are still in the race for the title and 4 points is definitely surmountable, its whether Mazzarri can instil the mental strength in the side needed. At the moment it feels like every time we are faced with a bit of pressure, like today, we tighten up and try too hard to force the initiative. The game against Juve in a couple of weeks is going to be HUGE, what a testament it is to the competitiveness of Serie A that the title is still anyone's at a time when the champions in the 'superior leagues' are all but confirmed. Add a reminder for Friday 1st March lads, I can't wait :D

I come back from Church and my beloved Inter are 2-0 down :(. It seems like we've been dominated and what a golazo from Jojo :(.

Com'n Inter! We can rally back!

We are getting dominated.

Yeah i've been watching the game, Very nice goal from Jojo however the defending was awful, Tippy tappy defending.

Yeah i've been watching the game' date=' Very nice goal from Jojo however the defending was awful, Tippy tappy defending.[/quote']

It's going to be a tough weekend for me if Inter continue to play like this. Arsenal already lost to Blackburn so double the trouble for me. :o