Guest Daragh

Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

That was embarassing. Inter is going to be torn to pieces by the Italian Media. I praise Montella though, He's a great manager. Look at the team he's built for La Viola. He's brought in the likes of Aquaman,Valero,Coudrado,Savic,Roncaglia, Pizzaro, and not to mention Rossi is still injured.

I don't think Strama will be fired but next week will be season defining in our derby vs Milan.

If we lose, Strama will be fired and it will show how dissapointing we have been. Not to mention, It shows how Milan improved drastically from the start whilst We declined like a blackberry stock.

If we win, It will show our inconsistency of the season, and also will lead to further questions about the club.

Either way, I think Strama will definitely be gone by at least the end of this season.

Right now, I don't think we can stick with Strama. I think We need to bring in a more experienced manager and imo, Guidolin is the man.

Napoli star Marek Hamsik was robbed at gunpoint outside the San Paolo today after the club’s match against Sampdoria.

The midfielder was on his way to the airport to pick up his wife when his car was blocked by three individuals.

Sportsmediaset are reporting that they then proceeded to smash his window while pointing a gun to his face while demanding his watch.

Hamsik obliged and then called the police, but he was obviously shaken by the incident.

This is the second time the Slovak international has been robbed since joining the club in 2007.

Scary news on the part of Hamsik. Too bad , Bonucci wasn't in his passenger seat.

Also, on the subject of Mastour. It's great to have more and more foreign italians like Balo, El Shaa, and Hachim. I just noticed that their all on the same team though.

Viola - Inter

Well I for one found yesterdays mauling to be most enjoyable and entertaining to watch, making amends for last week’s travesty of a performance against, La Vecchia Crapola. Speaking of which, I’d like to apologise to all Interisti, for such a beating should have been forewarned. How? I’m not exactly sure.

Perhaps a video, sending a prior warning message signalling, ‘Welcome to hell’? Hmm, I’m not so sure that would be an appropriate action, for a classy side such as la Viola, after all, what sort of shoddy team would stoop to such douche like actions? That, I wonder indeed.

Won’t dissect the match much, the score line tells the story, similar to Fiorentina – Rubentus, where Viviano was hung out to dry, such was the case with Handanovic, who made some terrific saves, by doing so, saving the Nerazzurri from further embarrassment.

Speaking of Inter’s defence (not that I really was, but whatever), how about that Juan ... like the kid, but his actions, not so Jesus like, JoJo should have returned that swinging elbow with a swift kick to the balls.

Apart from the 4-1 result, there was one other highlight of the match, when the Curva Fiesole was chanting, “il pallone e' quello giallo, il pallone e' quello giallo!” Love it.

On some individual Fiorentina performances...

JoJo – If anything, over the past 2 months he’s been, Mr. Inconsistency. JoJo’s the type of player who sometimes fails to see what he has at his own disposal. This Viola isn’t Sinisa or Delio Rossi’s squad of last season, it’s fundamental he stop taking ridiculous shots from 30 yards out, or trying to take on 4 players, and start entrusting faith in other players, they are more than capable of making things happen too.

Should JoJo, show the same striking display as yesterday, I’ve no quarrel, but really his clinical being from the start of the season has seemed to have rubbed off, maybe yesterday will recreate some of that JoJoGol magic, or perhaps it was the magic of Diego Della Valle being present ...who knows.

Pek – It’s a fact Fiorentina are a much better side with Pizarro in the side (grazie Roma, again), much of Fiorentina’s downward spiral since January could be attributed to Pek’s absence. That Power Ranger dynamic I’ve referred to Viola’s midfield being before, is broken to pieces without the main gear. Playing Romulo (who should never play a central role), Migliaccio, who’s a more defensive presence, but surprisingly played OK, just won’t suffice, if anything I’m surprised Montella didn’t even give Capezzi a chance.

That ball Pek played to JoJo in the early stages of the match, throwing off that uncoordinated clown Ranocchia, leaving JoJo on goal, with Hando, which I still can’t believe he didn’t score, was superb.

Despite my plaudits, I do have a criticism of Pek, which coincidentally would be one of his strong points, of being that guy, who is clutch in holding the ball and orchestrating passes from deep, I’d say bordering on being mild regista, he’s faltered quite a few times recently, losing the ball with ease, twice which having cost Fiorentina, turning into goals on the counter.

Ljajic – What does one say about Ljajic. Under performing last year, and topped off with the Delio Rossi saga, leaving his future in Firenze in doubt, looks like it’s been the blessing in disguise. Ever since the pre-season friendlies in the summer he’s been a new player, the club’s decision to not sell Ljajic as a course of action was the right thing to do.

Yesterday he displayed his tremendous amount of technical ability on the ball, his dribbling, and link-up passes was precision at its best. OK, sure he doesn't have the best shot, which is odd, since he has a wicked shot just outside the ’18, in the box, give him a 1 on 1, or a tap in, he usually skies the ball over the goal. In addition, his decision making, still somewhat questionable, but he’s got a good attitude and great work rate in order to continue to improve.

Cuadrado – On his day, like JoJo, could perhaps be one of the most dangerous players in Serie A. His superb speed, which can’t be matched by many, used with his ability to cut in, or whip in a decent cross, creates absolute turmoil for the opposition, exactly what he did yesterday. Most definitely one of Prade’s best signings, if only he had more sting in that shot of his, matched with accuracy, he could possibly evolve into Cuadrizard?

2013 hasn't been the kindest to Fiorentina, thus a performance like this was overdue. All I plead for now is a bit of consistency, both in the results and player performance, especially from JoJo.

If Della Valle pulls the plug in the summer, which I’m 85% sure he will be, need JoJo’s value to be soaring as high as possible, to bring in the best possible replacement. Andrea Della Valle said he won’t accept anything less than €30m, for the first half of the season of the opinion he could have got more than that, as of right now, I’d say he’s playing more like a €20m player.

Avanti Viola.

Viola - Inter

I knew you would appear again :(. Get ouuut :(.

Turthfully, Great game for you guys and your intentions to try to get a champions league spot. I reiterate once again, It was a gruesome and terrible match to watch from an Inter Fan's standpoint.

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Inter? Where? I didnt see Inter on the pitch.
I knew you would appear again :(. Get ouuut :(.

Turthfully' date=' Great game for you guys and your intentions to try to get a champions league spot. I reiterate once again, It was a gruesome and terrible match to watch from an Inter Fan's standpoint.[/quote']

Haha, well I had to, especially after the ribbing I took from you and Angelo, when looking at the, Fiorentina - Inter fixture at the beginning of the season, when you won, 2-1. Still remember the show Coutinho put on, his dribbling tore Viola's back 3 to shreds.

Inter - il Mister? Playing the Devils Advocate.

Just my opinion on Strama, personally think he should and will stay till the end of the season. Perhaps not the popular opinion, but the way I see it is, for a manager with only Primavera experience prior to taking the head job, from a manager who had only won 1 in 10 at the time, in Ranieri (who took over from a losing Gasp, in the same season), you guys only lost 2 of the remaining 9 with Strama and won the della Madonnina, which won him a lot of favour.

You might be thinking - 'Well c'mon bro, that was last season!' Fair play, it was, but again, this Inter squad isn't exactly the strongest, and he's managed to keep you up there, again, after just what? 3/4 months experience as a first team manager, heading into his first full (remains to be seen) season as manager. He's kept you in the top 6, and you're only a point off 3rd place.

He may or not get sacked by Moratti, but if it happens, It'll be at season's end, if not, I was wrong, would feel a bit sad for Strama. Losing Milito to injury has handicapped you, that's not his fault. Just my pennies worth.

Some consolation?

Just watched, Lazio - Siena ...and wow! Where does one begin. Putting it blunt, Lazio got blown to pieces, looked like a team that should be battling for relegation, just horrendous. Biava is at utter clown, quite the comical character, from the way he runs, tackles, falls to ground. Whilst I was watch the match a friend said to me he looks like Waluigi, which I find hilarious, couldn't say it better.

Emeghara was the talk of the match, this guy is really something, one for you SM players to definitely pick up, scoring a double, now in 3 starts has 4 goals. This guy is as pacy as they come, has a sting on his shot, with a hint of selfishness, as any striker would have, even played a role in Rosina's goal, with a lovely back heel onto Rubin's cross. That second goal was lovely.

More play from Lazio and Napoli as of recent is appreciated.

This round of results prove that Italian teams are definitely effected by midweek games. All of them doing badly. Lets hope that doesnt effect Milan. But at least it's against a team who will also have a midweek fixture. There aren't many bad teams in Serie A though, so I think that effects the big teams straight after a European match. It's one of the most difficult to predict at the start of the season for example.

From a Milan viewpoint everything has gone perfect since the start of 2013. It seems like every week we win and our rivals all fail to. Lazio have 2 points out of 15 for example.

And it seems Juve are very very similar to Milan last season. We were unable to beat any of the big teams in Italy the year after finishing top.

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Serie A is the most balanced league right now. There are not extremely strong teams killing the league and there are not even extremely weak sides.

Considering how bad Lazio and Inter are performing lately, for Milan getting the third place should be a piece of cake.

Honestly just 2 months ago I would never believed something like this could have happened.

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Emeghara was the talk of the match' date=' this guy is really something, one for you SM players to definitely pick up, scoring a double, now in 3 starts has 4 goals. This guy is as pacy as they come, has a sting on his shot, with a hint of selfishness, as any striker would have, even played a role in Rosina's goal, with a lovely back heel onto Rubin's cross. That second goal was lovely.

More play from Lazio and Napoli as of recent is appreciated.[/quote']

Late as Always Kylan ;) I've been talking and somewhat hyping Emeghara sine the Denmark U-21 Euros ... Where he, imo outshone Shaqiri as Switzerlands best player! He was so outstanding that I bought him for all my teams, stagnated some when he joined Lorient, but hey ... Aint easy to fill the void Gameiro and Kitambala left behind!

great to see that he's settled Into Siena so well, this lad has the capacity for a 15+ goal season when he's in form! Can easily see him as being pne of the biggest positive surprises in Serie A this season!

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Haha' date=' well I had to, especially after the ribbing I took from you and Angelo, when looking at the, [i']Fiorentina - Inter[/i] fixture at the beginning of the season, when you won, 2-1. Still remember the show Coutinho put on, his dribbling tore Viola's back 3 to shreds..

Yes,the only game that Coutinho played not bad..I saw with the REDS the same Cou..Good dribbling and bad shot..the only difference is the GK xD

Per Billeskov Krøldrup set to have a medical at Pescara to help their horrible defense, who have conceded 51 goals, Roma actually being 2nd with 45. 14 conceded in their last 5 games. If you look at their squad, they tend to either have these aging players, or youth players as their typical starters bar 1 or 2. Not exactly sure if he'd be able to make them any better.

Petkovic plays down rumours of him possibly joining Inter.

Manchester City are linked to Lamela again, Roma are linked to Manchester City's manager. Mancini is a target of Roma's on a 4.5m a season contract if he fails to win a trophy there.

Juventus's Cacares linked to Arsenal for 12m. Not sure Juventus would give him up, such a versatile player, and quite talented at that. Juventus are linked again to Suarez, Higuian and Nani.

As for our Europa League tie, that was pathetic. Mine as well throw in the kids, they'll actually show heart. Donadel, El Kaddouri, Zuniga, Pandev, Dzemaili shouldn't see the field in the Czech Republic. I wouldn't fully say the tie is over, as we have the attacking ability, but do we go for it, and attempt to make a come back, or do we just forget it, and attempt for the Scudetto, which has been shown that we lack any mental winning mentality.

You're deluded. :D

I'd also agree. :P

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

We payed Caceres more or less 10m € so I don't see any reason why we should sell our first defender sub for almost the same price.

Wenger can look elsewhere or increase his offert :D

Re: Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

We payed Caceres more or less 10m € so I don't see any reason why we should sell our first defender sub for almost the same price.

Wenger can look elsewhere or increase his offert :D

Bendtner + Squirtle + Djour'poo = Caceres, no cash bid needed.