Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Haven't heard much on Camporese.

I've heard Floccari and Kozak of Lazio mentioned' date=' but few recently for Fiorentina. Maxi Lopez would cost a fair bit and Osvaldo's wanted by Atletico and Roma. Also heard Quagliarella not too long ago.[/quote']

Maxi Lopez is very near to Fiorentina...Stracqualursi will replace Maxi Lopez at Catania

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

News:

Inter lose Maicon for 4 weeks to injury. Jonathan will get more playing time then thought.

Roma are looking at Barcelona's Alcantara on loan, however I don't think they'll go for the option to buy in 12 months time. But with Fabregas now, Alcantara could find his chances even more limited this time around.

Juventus's new midfield target is Carlos Eduardo. The Brazilian midfielder is subject to an 18m bid as Juventus attempt to find that Left midfielder.

Ficcadenti becomes new Cagliari coach.

Forlan admits Inter offer but denies being in talks with them. Recently, Falcao and Osvaldo look close to moving to Atletico Madrid, and Forlan could be out in the cold. A move to Inter shouldn't be ruled out.

Eto'o to Anzhi should be done within the next 2 days.

Mariga close to move to Real Sociedad.

Alex could become Juventus player within the next week.

Bovo close to Fiorentina move.

Schweinsteiger could be on the verge of a move to Milan.

Barnetta is also on Juventus radar.

Guest Daragh

Napolifan' date=' I just wanted to say I love looking at this thread and getting a run down of transfers and rumours from you. Great work and keep it up! ;)

Rep for you btw.

Also, can you tell me your view of Genoa for the upcoming season. Seems like they have made many huge changes to their squad. :(

I own Antonelli in several setups, what are you expecting from him?? With Criscito having left the club, he should now be first choice LB?? :confused:

Thanks,

Herby[/quote']

Don't know what the sad face is about :P We've become accustomed to Preziosi's way of working. It happens every Summer, so it shouldn't be much of a shock. In my opinion, the main reason Genoa have never made the step up to the next level, despite having one of the best coaches in Italy. We all expect them to push on, yet, fail to do so. Gasperini had the side playing great football. His system is not easy to adapt to. Its takes time. Everytime Gasperini's squad settled down, became accustomed to the new tactics, half the squad was already out the door and replaced by a number of new players. Not only that, but Gasperini wasn't consulted during the transfer window. It was strange to see a manager come out and criticise some of the arrivals, but Gasperini had an excuse to. Last Summer, when it seemed Genoa worked wonders in the market, bringing in the likes of Ranocchia, Veloso, Rafinha etc, Gasperini made it clear that they weren't his signings. He said he'd rather have Milanetto playing in the middle, as he fits the role much better than Veloso, he said Ranocchia doesn't fit into the system etc.

Opinions among fans split. Some felt Gasperini had a point, some felt he was wrong to criticise Preziosi, afterall, he spent a lot of cash in order to improve the squad - although, he has been questioned as to whether his main aim is profit, or football. Personally, I've always sided with Gasperini. He was dealing with the impossible. Expectations continue to rise at Genoa every year, Gasperini was seeing important players leave, and new faces arrive who didn't even fit his system.

Antonelli will be first choice left back. As for your first question (although, not directed at me), I'm expecting a strong season. They have a squad capable of competing. They've strengthened a lot of areas, so its just a matter of the team gelling in time. They've done very well in the market this year!

Will Malesani even play 3 at the back like Gasperini used to?

Frey

???? Kaladze Dainelli/Moretti Antonelli

Kucka Veloso Constant

Birsa Gilardino Palacio

subs - Granqvist' date=' Moretti, Seymour, Merkel, Ze Eduardo, Pratto, Mesto, Rossi and Jankovic.

Thats a decent team imo.[/quote']

Spot on, really. Looks as if he'll line up with a 4-3-3/4-3-1-2.

Frey

Mesto - Dainelli - Kaladze - Antonelli

Kucka - Seymour - Constant

Birsa - Gilardino - Palacio

Would be my line up. They've got plenty of options though, particularly up front, with Ze Eduardo and Pratto also available. Squad looks strong.

If Gilardino moves to Genoa.. who is likely to replace him at Fiorentina? Maxi Lopez/Osvaldo?

Also' date=' with Bovo probably arriving to Florence and with Kroldrup, Gamberini, Felipe and Natali.. Camporese will be loaned out or will be assisting the games at home? Is better sell him now for a nice cash offer?

thanks in advance[/quote']

It'll be Maxi Lopez. Catania and Fiorentina have been in ongoing discussions, and a deal should be concluded soon. Very good replacement. His goal scoring record may not match that of his time under Mihajlovic, but his contribution was very important to the side last season. Will be interesting to see him re-united with Mihajlovic thought. Good signing.

To be honest, I rate Camporese a lot higher than Felipe, Natali and Kroldrup. Was very impressive last season. Made the odd mistake, but thats to be expected. The only thing going for Kroldrup and Natali would be their experience, I'd be suprised if Felipe was at the club come September. Not to mention they've also brought in Nastasic, another young defender. Camporese is currently injured though and should miss a few weeks of the season. This thread isn't for SM advice, but keep him.

Having watched last nights Udinese game, I wasn't expecting them to play just that well. They've sold Zapata, Inler and Sanchez. Three of their most important players. But Di Natale showed what he had and Isla and Armero showed they can handle the pressure of a big game, quality wing backs. Overall they played like a real team, the new signings were really impressive (Ekstrand, Danilo and Badu) and like Italian teams have been for a while, pretty unlucky in the end. Would've been typical of them to concede right the end, like they almost did but how it is, they still have a chance.

Confused why Floro Flores didnt get a chance though.

Having watched last nights Udinese game' date=' I wasn't expecting them to play just that well. They've sold Zapata, Inler and Sanchez. Three of their most important players. But Di Natale showed what he had and Isla and Armero showed they can handle the pressure of a big game, quality wing backs. Overall they played like a real team, the new signings were really impressive (Ekstrand, Danilo and Badu) and like Italian teams have been for a while, pretty unlucky in the end. Would've been typical of them to concede right the end, like they almost did but how it is, they still have a chance.

Confused why Floro Flores didnt get a chance though.[/quote']

Apparently new signing Neuton had a solid game, were you impressed with him?

Thanks to all those who replied to my questions re: Genoa and Antonelli. Appreciate the info and fingers crossed that they both have a good season.

My sad face was in regards to all the changes, I think it's never good when you transfer half a team in and out EVERY season. But let's see what happens ...

Cheers,

Herby

According to Sportitalia, Napoli has contacted Roma over the availability of Boreillo. Be an interesting player to have with Cavani up front. However can't see it as Roma are short up front.

Mariga joins Real Sociedad on loan.

Unfortunately, Bologna could be losing another Uruguayan talent after losing Britos, this time Ramirez could be on his way to Fiorentina after an agreement between the two clubs.

Jeda joins Novara on loan with the right to purchase him at the end of the season.

Roma track Palermo forward Abel Hernandez.

Roma are still trying to attract Casemiro to the club.

Arsenal are again looking at Lazio forward Zarate.

Fiorentina are contemplating joining the hunt for Arsenal's Bendtner.

Inter abandon Tevez hunt while still no bids have been offered for Lavezzi.

Roma agree 8.7m deal for Wolfsburg defender Kjaer according to goal.com. Continued reports said Roma has never had contact with Kjaer but it seems they could sign their man.

It's been rejected that Cassano could be joining Roma.

Juventus are still tracking both Alex and Perotti.

After Raul snubbed Blackburn, they are now looking at Juventus forward Iaquinta.

Moussa Sissoko's agent has come out and said while no contact has been made nor bid offered, they'd be open to joining Roma. Roma's a big club and Sissoko wants to join one of the "big" leagues.

Legrottaglie is linked to Catania.

Roma are trying to get a deal in for Lassana Diarra as they put in a 15m bid.

Udinese are in for Carcela from Standard Liege for around 9.5m

Schweinsteiger is open to moving to Milan.

Inter are looking at Drogba, and are looking to offer 6m + Pandev for him.

Bayern join the Montolivo fight.

Fiorentina announce Kharja signing.

Apparently new signing Neuton had a solid game' date=' were you impressed with him?[/quote']

He didnt stand out, their defence was impressive overall really. I just remember Ekstrand making one hell of a tackle. Maybe after the next match, I can get back to you. But I trust Udinese's judgement, in my opinion they're among the best at finding talent, and very cheap talent too.

Also, I think the next two weeks are going to be more interesting than all the transfer window yet. AC Milan will at least buy 1 player, maybe even 3. Roma will definitely add a few more (Kjaer has signed yet?), Inter are going to have to replace Eto'o and I cant see many clubs finished in the market yet.

He didnt stand out' date=' their defence was impressive overall really. I just remember Ekstrand making one hell of a tackle. Maybe after the next match, I can get back to you. But I trust Udinese's judgement, in my opinion they're among the best at finding talent, and very cheap talent too.

Also, I think the next two weeks are going to be more interesting than all the transfer window yet. AC Milan will at least buy 1 player, maybe even 3. Roma will definitely add a few more (Kjaer has signed yet?), Inter are going to have to replace Eto'o and I cant see many clubs finished in the market yet.[/quote']

PLayed at LB, can also play at CB, got an italian passport aswell, have to agree with you Udinese are one of the best at finding talents, they give their youngsters the right environment to fulfill their potential.

PLayed at LB' date=' can also play at CB, got an italian passport aswell, have to agree with you Udinese are one of the best at finding talents, they give their youngsters the right environment to fulfill their potential.[/quote']

Bit annoying to see them always sell them on. Cant imagine how frustrating it must be for their fans.

There was no pressure to sell so many of their quality players this summer.

Bit annoying to see them always sell them on. Cant imagine how frustrating it must be for their fans.

There was no pressure to sell so many of their quality players this summer.

There wasn't any pressure but at the end of the day they wanted to move on to bigger and better things(can't understand Zapata's move though tbh).

Transfer talks between Anzhi and Inter over the Samuel Eto’o deal have stalled.

The move was expected to be completed on Thursday but it seems there have been disagreements over the transfer fee.

“I’m not optimistic at this moment in time,” Eto’o’s agent, Peppino Tirri told the press.

“There are a few things that need to be sorted out. Nothing has been resolved. The deal is on ice for now.

“Negotiations have come to an end for today, we’ll talk again on Friday.”

The Russian side are reportedly unwilling to match Inter’s €30 million asking price given that the striker is in the twilight if his career and are hoping for a fee more in the €20 million region.

The Cameroonian was expected to have his medical at Rome’s Villa Stuart complex on Thursday afternoon but it has now been shelved until an agreement is reached.

Hmmm, seems like Eto'o to Russia could be off.

Anzhi to offer a take it or leave it offer for Eto'o of 27m. Anzhi more value him between 20-24m while Inter want nearer 30m.

Forlan is heavily linked as a replacement.

City's 4.5m bid for Cerci is about 1.5m under what Fiorentina rate the winger at.

Fiorentina are ruling out any move of Montolivo to a Serie A rival, after Milan offered Co-ownership of Strasser and Paloschi, willing to let him go for free, while Fiorentina also reject Gilardino moving to Genoa, claiming no offer was made or accepted.

Zarate was left out of Lazio's Europa League team, reports saying he's in talks with a move to Arsenal.

DailyMail makes the claim Milan want Crouch. Don't think Milan would drop their standards that low.

Milan are also pondering a move still for Balotelli while claims are they're in for Lugano.

Bologna want 15m for young prospect Ramirez.

Guest Daragh

Pretty poor outting. Was hoping we'd see Bertolacci in Viviani's role, but seems as though he's played his way out of the side as it seems he's mixing with the wrong people...or person. Lot of accusations and thoughts being thrown about lately with regards to Bertolacci. Apparently declared himself injured and then trained with the injured Julio Sergio, therefore, missing most of the pre-season. He then went on to play 90 minutes for the U-21's. Funnily enough, Sergio is now at Lecce, and according to the Brazilian, he turned down PSG. For those of you who don't know, they have the same agent. Apparently Lucci played a major role in convincing Vucinic to leave also, and is now doing similar to Bertolacci, in keeping him out of the side. If true, thats disappointing. Really like Bertolacci. Could've really play a part this year.

Anyway, the team selection was interesting. Simplicio played, which to be honest, I had my doubts as to whether he would or not, despite notable absences such as Pizarro and De Rossi. If he does leave, he's probably going to attract interest from Brazil or a lesser team in Italy, I would guess, but thought he would've been left out due to the fact he's possibly on the market, providing we do get those 3-4 players. Now means he's cup tied. The game was quite sloppy overall. The side just really lacked creativity in the final third. They had no final ball. Bojan continued to come deep to link up the midfield and attack, as our midfield were quite one dimensional at times, but it just resulted in Bojan becoming ineffective at times, and leaving an extra defender at the back to mark Caprari and Okaka, which they handled well. Our most notable chance came when Caprari got in behind their defence, only to see his shot hit the post. Credit to Slovan, could have been 2 or 3, had it not been for Cassetti to make a well timed tackle on Sedo who was through on goal, and then put pressure on some Slovan player (may have been Sedo again, not sure) who had a free shot in the box following a corner and some sloppy play.

To be honest, I would've liked to have seen Florenzi in the squad. We needed someone to hit upfront, yet we had Bojan playing in the center, who was absent from his position quite a lot, and we had nothing to aim for in the box, as Caprari isn't going to cause much hassle in the air. I'll always take the positives out of the game though. It was a good learning experience for Caprari and Viviani, while we've got a competitive match under our belt, helps our fitness, while LE has got a chance to play a competitive game before the season starts, which'll help him understand his squad a lot more and show him just what qualities we're lacking at the moment. Confident of a win in the home leg though.

Guest Daragh

Hmm, well according to Corriere dello Sport, both Totti and Borriello have expressed their anger about not starting against Slovan Bratislava. Apparently Totti is more angry about not being given an explanation as to why he wasn't starting. To be honest, I have no idea how much truth there is in this, but reading that last part quite annoyed me. As I've always said, I'll always remain a massive massive Totti fan, but I just hope at least the last part isn't true.

1) A coach does not need to give an explanation for his line-ups and decisions.

2) The fact that he almost demands an explanation makes me think he feels he's cemented his position within the side.

Upon reading this, I've just went into my documents and copied and pasted something I wrote elsewhere - pretty similar to a previous post I made on this thread. Just thought I'd bring it up again upon this news.

As we enter a new era in Rome, with the mouth watering prospect of Sabatini and Luis Enrique working together with some much needed investment, I feel the most significant change at the club under Di Benedetto will be that of Baldini's arrival.

I couldn't help but sympathise for Ranieri following his dismissal last year. As a Roma fan, I found it disappointing to think a club icon such as Totti would abuse his power - not that that had been the first time, but it got to the point last season where things became clear that Totti had been the center of much more than what meets the eye. While I don't like to say it, as I, myself am a big fan of Totti (of course), its no secret he played a major role in the predicament Roma found themselves in last season.

A captain doesn't come out and publicly criticise his coaches' tactics. As if Ranieri hadn't been feeling the pressure already after such a poor start to the season, which included a 5-1 thrashing against Cagliari, Totti publicly criticised his catenaccio approach to the Buyern Munich game. If you have a problem, discuss it with him privately. A captain doesn't throw a tantrum when being substituted. And he most certainly shouldn't be having any bust-ups with any team-mate. That'll motivate his team! It'll also be a great learning experience for the younger players coming through the Primavera side, being in around such a great atmosphere....not. Totti's performances didn't warrant a starting place, Vucinic and Borriello knew it and more importantly, Totti knew it. The one thing you'd expect from your captain is to give 100% not just in games, but in every training session, the captain out of all people should be the one setting the example, yet Totti didn't feel his place should come under any sort of threat. He feels he should be there due to his status within the club.

Again, I feel for Ranieri, because the job he took over was a lot less glamourous and attractive than people think, or as the second placed finish may suggest. He took over a struggling side who lost it's way a little under Spalletti. The defence were all over the place, they lacked a leader, there was no communication at all, and they were conceding needless goals. Once he took over, he placed his concentration on fixing the defensive problems, and so he did. He managed to bring in Burdisso on loan, who really tightened up the defence. Great leader, communicates to his defence, and just an overall good defender. He unearthed a gem in Julio Sergio (although, failed to play to the standard he set in 09/10 last season), who entered the season as third choice keeper, and finished as one of the most impressive players last season. He also had Pizarro playing the football of his life. Ranieri turned a struggling side, who were possibly on the verge of maybe finishing below the previous seasons 6th place finish, to almost winning the Scudetto with next to no funds.

However, in saying that, I just didn't understand some of the decisions Ranieri made this season. While I understand that he wanted to implement his own ideas to the side (Ranieri adopted Spalletti's 4-2-3-1 formation in his debut season, as the season had already begun, so it could have proved detrimental to an already underperforming side had he introduced his own ideas immediately, as you have to consider the fact that these players had been playing in a similar system for quite some time), I'm a believer in the saying, if it aint broke, don't fix it. That's where Ranieri went wrong, in my opinion. He switched to a 4-3-1-2 formation (among others he experimented with) this season, meaning the successful partnership of Pizarro and De Rossi had been broken. But in saying that though, some decisions have been out of his hands. Due to the criticism he's recieved from certain players, the limelight was always on him when on a bad run, and you always got the feeling that Ranieri was one bad substitution away from being shown the door. If he took off Totti, who really deserved to be taken off, there would be uproar, not just from Totti, because at this stage, the media wanted all of it too, if he'd taken off Vucinic/Borriello, who had been playing well, not only do you take away your biggest goal threat in an important game, but you'll have an unhappy player walking towards you, who'll most likely let his frustration be known too (which they did), which is never good for the dressing room, nor the image of the club. I may be reading too much into it, but if so, then I can't understand why we saw Menez, who was actually one of the few performers this past season (under Ranieri, that is) substituted so many times. Borriello and Vucinic had apparently let their opinions be known about the current situation. So, Ranieri continuously sacrificed his star performer due to the tensions between the strikers. Maybe not, I'd like to think I'm wrong, but some of his decisions during games have been so off the mark, you'd really expect more from Ranieri, but no doubt these problems influenced his decisions, that's one thing for sure. Totti's actions have almost acted as a domino effect in a way. I'm not placing all the blame for our poor season on Totti, there has been many contributing factors, Totti being one of them.

I'd hate to come across that I have a dislike for Totti - no doubt I will - as I'm a massive fan, but at the end of the day, the club comes first. Which brings me back to my original point, Baldini's arrival will hopefully remove any dictatorship within the dressing room and we'll finally have a level playing field. No more dressing room discomfort, no more bust-ups, no more politics and no more tantrums. He's already been very vocal despite the fact that he'll not officially join until October, and has already sent a warning to Totti. Didn't go down too well with some, but thats the thing I like about this appointment, he's not there to win the fans over, he's there to strengthen the board's structure and as Serafino Ingardia put it, change the politics within the club. Its pretty convincing to see that he's already putting his stamp on the club, without even joining yet. Will be quite interesting to see how Totti reacts upon Baldini's arrival. How will he react when Baldini will say things as he sees it, rather than compromising with Il Capitano and playing second fiddle to the King of Rome. Under our new board, everyone has to play for their place. Reputation can only get you so far. We've always had a talented squad, the missing element this past season though lay behind the scenes, rather than on the field.

Great post Daragh ;)

------------------------------

Aquilani today has told Italian newspapers, he's very close to Milan. Lets complete this one today and hopefully add 1 or 2 more by the end of the transfer window. It's believed to be a year loan with the right to buy him for 7mil. Italian, nearing his peak, cheap and a signing that I think we'll look back on as being great business. I prefer his overall game to Montolivo for some reason, but I'll take both.:D

Guest Daragh

Thanks Tony.

And just with regards to that post, journalists have since had a field day. Some even claiming that LE won't be the last manager to take on Totti. Di Benedetto came out and backed Totti also. Baldini really can't come soon enough. I can understand Di Benedetto backing Totti, albeit, he shouldn't have. Its important he doesn't get on the wrong side of the tifosi, particulary when you're taking on such a big project which will take time, despite many expecting instant success. Following the Bratislava game, Totti went to training with a T-Shirt that had the message ‘Basta’ (Enough). Wasn't just Totti though, as I said in my previous post, Borriello expressed his anger also, and his agent has since let his thoughts be known. So, one competitive game in, and LE is feeling the pressure already....

If he's sacked, then I'll not know what to expect from the side. Sabatini has worked tirelessly in bringing in players who fit LE's system, while LE has worked incredibly hard in introducing the system to the squad. If he leaves, then we may take some time adapting.

I used to love Borriello when he was at Milan, was upset to see him leave, especially after he started so well for you but his ego is way too high for how good he really is (plus he celebrated a goal against us). He should just work hard and focus on his work. He doesn't warrant a starting place automatically. He's been transfer listed and I expect him to leave now though. Genoa probably? Especially if they dont sign Gilardino, which I thought was already done. Osvaldo is joining Roma too, hopefully he does well enough to impress Prandelli.

Roma will end up qualifying and things will go okay I imagine. Getting a manager like Enrique means you have to be patient. Totti needs to act like a captain more, do what's best for the club he loves.

Also, De Rossi is in his last year of his contract? He'll probably end up resigning but I'd love to see him at Milan, maybe if Roma have an awful year he'll move on but even if he does leave I think it'll be after he signs a contract.

Great post Daragh.

Roma are one of the teams I'm looking forward to watch this season. I just hope they give Luis Enrique enough time to implement his ideas.

The Totti ordeal isn't something new as far as I'm concerned. He's been using his 'status' to pseudo-dictate what happens with Roma - I remember Spalletti claiming Totti had too much power in the club and that he would go as far as trying to influence the transfer activity of the Giallorossi.

On a different note, I've been wondering about young Crescenzi. Do you think he has a future in Rome? I can't help but think his loan spell at Bari may become permanent.

Guest Daragh

I used to love Borriello when he was at Milan' date=' was upset to see him leave, especially after he started so well for you but his ego is way too high for how good he really is (plus he celebrated a goal against us). He should just work hard and focus on his work. He doesn't warrant a starting place automatically. He's been transfer listed and I expect him to leave now though. Genoa probably? Especially if they dont sign Gilardino, which I thought was already done. Osvaldo is joining Roma too, hopefully he does well enough to impress Prandelli.

Roma will end up qualifying and things will go okay I imagine. Getting a manager like Enrique means you have to be patient. Totti needs to act like a captain more, do what's best for the club he loves.

Also, De Rossi is in his last year of his contract? He'll probably end up resigning but I'd love to see him at Milan, maybe if Roma have an awful year he'll move on but even if he does leave I think it'll be after he signs a contract.[/quote']

True, he carries quite a big ego, but sometimes he does have a point. After an impressive first half last season, he wasn't even given a look in during the second half of the season, due to Totti, despite Borriello playing very well. I'm a big fan of Borriello, and to be quite honest, he suits the central role in LE's 4-3-3 much more than Totti does, yet the likelihood of Borriello playing there - if he was to stay - was slim. Totti had a very poor first half to the season, yet, as we entered the second half, Borriello became a permanent substitute. Totti's been praised left, right and center for his goalscoring form in the second half of the season, yet the majority of those goals were from set pieces. He did have moments of genius and his form picked up considerably, but nothing to warrant a starting place, particularly when there was a goalscorer on the bench, something we were lacking. The other thing we were lacking was work rate in the final third, something Borriello does extremely well. The Ultras even told Totti to work harder.

Agreed. I think we'll win tonight, particularly at home. LE has today come out and said - in response to Tott: “I choose who I feel is ready and I won’t change my system,” said Enrique. “There has been a lot of talk, but I will not let myself be affected. Against Slovan I’ll field the starting XI that I consider is best for this match." He went on to say: “Should Totti be treated differently? I have three children and treat them all equally. I watch the training sessions and make my judgment based on that. This is how I decide.” Good to hear. Hopefully he'll stick to his word and play the side he feels is best to play.

Oi. First Milan take my favourite player, and now you want De Rossi? You sir, should spare a little thought for me :P The contract saga has been going for FAR too long in all honesty. I'm remaining hopefull he'll sign a new contract though. For now though, all I want is for the transfer window to close and Pizarro still in the team. Apparently unhappy at the moment. If worst comes to worst, I hope LE doesn't get the midfielder he wants. Pizarro is ten times the player Gago is. Really don't understand his thinking behind this, to be honest.

Great post Daragh.

Roma are one of the teams I'm looking forward to watch this season. I just hope they give Luis Enrique enough time to implement his ideas.

The Totti ordeal isn't something new as far as I'm concerned. He's been using his 'status' to pseudo-dictate what happens with Roma - I remember Spalletti claiming Totti had too much power in the club and that he would go as far as trying to influence the transfer activity of the Giallorossi.

On a different note' date=' I've been wondering about young Crescenzi. Do you think he has a future in Rome? I can't help but think his loan spell at Bari may become permanent.[/quote']

Thanks mate.

Aye, its no secret that he was a big influence as far as transfers went. People have placed some of the blame for Spalletti's reign coming to an end on Totti, although, both parties (Spalletti and the club), in my opinion, needed a change. I think back then, it wasn't as public due to the fact that Spalletti was a huge favourite at the club, very well liked and a popular figure not only to the fans, but the players also. Just my theory. It takes time to build up such a connection with the club though, so now, when a new coach arrives, their instantly inferior to Il Capitano.

He has potential, but with Loïc Nego arriving, a move was imminent. I was suprised that we loaned him out though, as he can, and has played on the left. With Angel our only left back, we lack depth in that area, not to mention the fact that he's looked quite shaky so far, some going as far as saying that he's a liability, which to be fair is unfair considering he's in a completely new environment. He'll need time. I'd like to think we'll keep hold of Crescenzi though. He's a good player, just needs games.

Because they're a bigger club than Palermo :P

bigger, maybe. But Palermo should probably finish higher than them this season. These sort of deals always have some hidden reason behind it, especially when its a loan of such a quality player. Must mean they'll pay some amount next season or a Fiorentina player is going to Palermo soon.

Giaccherini has signed for Juve. Good player, sad for Cesena though. Hope they stay up. Still have Mutu, Candreva and Parolo.

Who does everyone think will win capocannoniere?

I have a feeling Djibril Cisse is going to be amazing for Lazio.

bigger' date=' maybe. But Palermo should probably finish higher than them this season. These sort of deals always have some hidden reason behind it, especially when its a loan of such a quality player. Must mean they'll pay some amount next season or a Fiorentina player is going to Palermo soon.

[/quote']

Quite a lot of players tend to go out on loan first, the likes of Quagliarella and Matri did also last season i think, probably just to reduce the risk factor(if there is any, Cassani's a quality player)