Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Iago Falque has joint Spurs on a season long loan' date=' is he any good? :o[/quote']

Barcelona product. Signed for Juventus for free. Hasn't been part of Juventus main squad.

He has a lot of talent with the ball but not much more than that as I understand. Juventus keep sending him on loans hoping he'll have a break through but it hasn't happened yet. Perhaps Tottenham will be the charm?

Guest Daragh

Well, last night was a poor night for the club. At the end of the day, we can do without Europa League football for the season, the result happens. Its what went on during the game which can give clubs a bad image. LE stuck by his word, and I respect him for that. Fair play, LE. Totti did start the game. Totti's antics were irrelevent, he was going to start last night anyway. At 1-0 up (which would've sent it into extra time), 74 minutes gone, LE took Totti off. There was quite a mixture of reactions in the crowd, it seemed. But once Bratislava scored, a few fans went towards the duggout, to let their opinions be known. That right there ruined a good European night. Ok, it's the Europa League, but there was a great attendance and a fantastic atmosphere, until they scored. Instead of getting behind the team, some fans decided to let their frustration out by heading towards the duggout. And after the game, the cameras focused on a fan questioning Sabatini in the directors box. To add to all of that, Totti didn't even look at LE, he headed straight for the dressing room. LE has since defended his decisions again today, for the second time within a week.

And on a side note, if Sabatini/LE still see the need to bring in Gago after last nights game, then I really don't know what to think.

Iago Falque has joint Spurs on a season long loan' date=' is he any good? :o[/quote']

I don't see the point of this. Was Redknapp bored after a quiet summer window from Spurs' point of view? I mean, Iago barely did anything at Bari and Villarreal. I cannot, for the life of me, see him accomplish anything relevant at Spurs.

inter not good enough players this year i expect juventus to sneak title from fiorentina heard rumour iniesta going udinese for 10m so they should do well but di natale going west brom aparently according to my sources.

You for real?

Are your "sources" real people, or pretend?

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Kucka will play Inter next season :)

Inter 2011/2012

Cesar

Lucio-Samuel-Ranocchia

Maicon-Deki Stankovic-Cambiasso-Zanetti

Sneijder-Milito(Pazzini)-Forlan

Other players

Chivu

Nagatomo

Poli

Motta

Palacio

Pazzini

Obi

Johnatan and other good players

We will win "Serie a" and champions league(in my dreams)

And Victor Ruiz to Valencia. I wonder why Napoli sold him back to Spain practically directly after he came to Napoli. :confused: Tremendous signing for Valencia, though. He'll definately be a positive injection in Valencia's defence - that needed (needs) a few injections. Napoli needed to spice up their defence even before Ruiz's depature, so with only a few days to go before the window is shut down, they'll have some bigger worries. Di Laurentiis did manage to seal out Ruiz and seal in Pandev within a day, so they might as well sign a dozen players before the window is shut down. I wouldn't be so shocked anyway.

Aquilani to Milan. I don't really understand the signing here, though. Aquilani serves the same purpose as Pirlo did, which Allegri found was irrelevant for his plans, so I don't see why Aquilani was loaned in. It would have been better to buy Montolivo cheaply, in my opinion. At least his work rate levels up to what Allegri is finding relevant for that me'zzala role.

Giaccherini to Juve... he deserves Juve and Juve deserves him, in my opinion. Good player, should fit in well with Conte's 4-2-4 strategy. I wonder how much importancy Giaccherini will have on this team. I mean, it'll be interesting to see if he'll be able to nab a starting spot or if he'll be used as an alternative for Krasic. I'm hoping for the first ''theory'' mentioned, as I deem Giaccherini as a better footballer than all of those wingers Juve has at their hands - except for Krasic - obviously.

And I'm quite sure Gilardino will be shipped out to Liguria and Genoa - the only question is when. With Silva now coming in and with Maxi Lopez still being a possibility if Gila leaves (Catania wants €9m for Lopez, whilst Fiorentina has offered somewhere around €7m, so they should come in an agreement shortly), Fiorentina will be well covered. However, if Fiorentina were to sell Gila, I'm hoping they'll try to sneak in a bid for Borriello rather than re-bidding on the Argentinian. He's better than Lopez and although he may not be on Gila's level, he is very routinated and is the closest you'll get in talent in comparsion to Gila within Italy's borders for the price Fiorentina that are prepared to pay for a replacement to Gila.

And Victor Ruiz to Valencia. I wonder why Napoli sold him back to Spain practically directly after he came to Napoli. :confused: Tremendous signing for Valencia' date=' though. He'll definately be a positive injection in Valencia's defence - that needed (needs) a few injections. Napoli needed to spice up their defence even before Ruiz's depature, so with only a few days to go before the window is shut down, they'll have some bigger worries. Di Laurentiis did manage to seal out Ruiz and seal in Pandev within a day, so they might as well sign a dozen players before the window is shut down. I wouldn't be so shocked anyway.[/quote']

Does this mean Fernandez should be a starter this season? I do hope so. Napoli have employed three centre-backs regularly in recent seasons if I am not mistaken, so I presume he would be the man to partner Campagnaro and Cannavaro at the back...

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Does this mean Fernandez should be a starter this season? I do hope so. Napoli have employed three centre-backs regularly in recent seasons if I am not mistaken' date=' so I presume he would be the man to partner Campagnaro and Cannavaro at the back...[/quote']

No,Britos is the starter with Campagnaro and Cannavaro but in the first mounth Fernandez will play

Does this mean Fernandez should be a starter this season? I do hope so. Napoli have employed three centre-backs regularly in recent seasons if I am not mistaken' date=' so I presume he would be the man to partner Campagnaro and Cannavaro at the back...[/quote']

As Angelo said; Britos should be starting next to Campagnaro and Cannavaro.

Still hoping they'll sign another CB. Playing with a 3-men defence in Champions League is a risky move and whilst I do believe all those three defenders that's been mentioned hold a big class, I am still not convinced they'll be enough in stopping these Ribery's, Robben's and Silva's that they'll be facing shortly. They need a world beating defender, in my opinion. However the chances of Di Laurentiis evacuating the market in search for a defender is highly unlikely at this rate.

Well' date=' last night was a poor night for the club. At the end of the day, we can do without Europa League football for the season, the result happens. Its what went on during the game which can give clubs a bad image. LE stuck by his word, and I respect him for that. Fair play, LE. Totti did start the game. Totti's antics were irrelevent, he was going to start last night anyway. At 1-0 up (which would've sent it into extra time), 74 minutes gone, LE took Totti off. There was quite a mixture of reactions in the crowd, it seemed. But once Bratislava scored, a few fans went towards the duggout, to let their opinions be known. That right there ruined a good European night. Ok, it's the Europa League, but there was a great attendance and a fantastic atmosphere, until they scored. Instead of getting behind the team, some fans decided to let their frustration out by heading towards the duggout. And after the game, the cameras focused on a fan questioning Sabatini in the directors box. To add to all of that, Totti didn't even look at LE, he headed straight for the dressing room. LE has since defended his decisions again today, for the second time within a week.

And on a side note, if Sabatini/LE still see the need to bring in Gago after last nights game, then I really don't know what to think.[/quote']

Ahaha. Hysterical is the only word to suit this situation. We had been talking about the endless possibilities with a rather 'tale of two halves' Sensi era at an end. An era of which under Franco Sensi, by far surpassed that of his delusional daughter, whereby politics within the club grew, causing mass turmoil, fences were made, a mass amount of debt crept it's way up, which caused the nucleus of the squad itself to somewhat remained untouched over a numerous number of years, not to mention the problem any direttore has had at their presided time whilst at AS Roma - one player was made to be bigger than the club.

One would think under new ownership, this would be a time of optimism, yet a breath of fresh air, a clean slate, a time to take the BS out of BS Roma, but no. Credit to Di Benedetto, he has come in, whilst there have been many a rumbling from tifosi, scurrying around, trying to examine what Di Benedetto's real intentions are at the club - he has come in, taken his time, made appointments, particularly good ones in Sabatini and Baldini, juries still out on LE (looks like the noose is slowly tightening), has financed moves for a huge influx of quality players that will play a crucial role in Roma's season.

You would think you can't really ask for more than that from an owner, but as usual, your team revolves around one player as we all know too well. One can call him The King of Rome (sorry, Italy belongs to Ravanelli, followed by Del Piero)..., Gladiatore..., Il Capitano, I'd personally settle for 'A brick wall', Totti is where a large portion of the problem lies.

I read your post prior, about LE leaving Totti out of the Europa fixture, quite a few supporters being confused/angered by this, followed by Totti's outburst and dramatics the next day, the last thing I expected though would have been Di Benedetto's backing, basically undermining LE. I feel that LE may be heading down the same path as Ranieri, as history as shown - you mess with the bull, you get the horns. This may be rash for me to say, especially this early into LE's tenure, also taking into considering Baldini just recently joined too, who as we've talked about will have to show some discipline in areas to weather a storm, one which is in the works, but it seems like deja vu to me.

With a player like Osvaldo coming in, I really think he could be a factor in swaying the tifosi, especially if he carries on his form from last season. He has goals in him, plays two ways really well, can setup goals too. I think the best solution for LE would be to play Osvaldo over Totti, especially as I think he'd compliment the 4-3-3 much better, if he's scoring, what can Totti say? Nada. If Totti is not satisified, you push him out. The problem once again though, the fans will have to buy it, which out of loyalty I'm sure most won't, Di Benedetto will have to stand by LE's decisions, again an uncertainty, Sabatini and Baldini will have to pick a side no doubt (seems like both are with LE at the moment... I think), once again we find ourselves in a Sensi political era.

Sigh. Good luck with that one Daragh. This is why you should follow a team like Perugia, no expectations.

Some very interesting stuff so lets get started:

Pandev has been loaned to Napoli for the season. Can really now say unless we find a CB, we'll be fine for the season.

It seems Inter are using the Eto'o money on Forlan and Poli. Poli should be coming in on a loan to buy of 8m. While only thing stopping Forlan is unpaid wages. Inter are still trying to get Palacio from Genoa. They have reportedly offered €5m plus co-ownership of goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano, but Genoa want all of the shot-stopper’s contract plus €12m to hand over Palacio and half of Juraj Kucka.

Catania have won the race to sign Almiron from Fiorentina.

Gago is set for Roma talks while Kjaer's talks have hit a stopping point. Roma were set to pay €2m to have Kjaer on loan and had an option to buy at the end of the season for €8m. However, it is reported Wolfsburg sent over the contracts to be signed with a different clause, one with a mandatory €8m signing fee rather than simply an option.

If Genoa fail to capture Alberto Gilardino, they’ll turn their attention towards Hamburg striker Jose Paolo Guerrero.

Marco Borriello has reportedly agreed a deal for his €8m transfer from Roma to Paris Saint-Germain. The French media report this weekend that the move is all but secure going into the final few days of the session. Roma have lost 2m on him over this summer.

Chievo have officially signed 24-year-old Sparta Prague midfielder Kamil Vacek who cost him a total of about 2m.

Juventus have put their eye on Farfan. Possibility of Krasic going in a swap with Alex.

Milan confirm Aquilani loan move.

Fiorentina are about to sign Nicolas Lopez, 17 year old from Uruguay in January after he turns 18.

Fiorentina are very reluctant to sell Montolivo to another Italian club, while Roma are still in talks over him signing with 7m + full ownership of Brighi being spouted.

Daniele Gastaldello is a target of Juventus, Parma, Inter and Wolfsburg. 28 year old CB is still at Sampdoria but can't see that lasting for long.

Pasquato of Juventus is close to a loan move to Lecce after being tracked by them, Atalanta, Cagliari and Cesena.

Frederik Sorensen is still being tracked by a host of Serie A clubs, including Chievo, Palermo, Lecce and Bologna. An offer seems likely from one of the clubs.

Vieirinha is a big target of Udinese, who are in talks with Paok in an attempt to sign the winger.

Roma joins the hunt for Pjanic, joining the likes of Lazio and Tottenham who were also interested. Pjanic however is happy to stay at Lyon, with 2 years left to his contract.

Juventus are trying to sign Khalid Boulahrouz from Stuttgart. 1 year left on his contract and a simpler target then Alex and Lugano, a possible swap with Grygera who is also a Fulham target could be on the cards.

Well' date=' last night was a poor night for the club.[b'] At the end of the day, we can do without Europa League football for the season, the result happens[/b]. Its what went on during the game which can give clubs a bad image. LE stuck by his word, and I respect him for that. Fair play, LE. Totti did start the game. Totti's antics were irrelevent, he was going to start last night anyway. At 1-0 up (which would've sent it into extra time), 74 minutes gone, LE took Totti off. There was quite a mixture of reactions in the crowd, it seemed. But once Bratislava scored, a few fans went towards the duggout, to let their opinions be known. That right there ruined a good European night. Ok, it's the Europa League, but there was a great attendance and a fantastic atmosphere, until they scored. Instead of getting behind the team, some fans decided to let their frustration out by heading towards the duggout. And after the game, the cameras focused on a fan questioning Sabatini in the directors box. To add to all of that, Totti didn't even look at LE, he headed straight for the dressing room. LE has since defended his decisions again today, for the second time within a week.

And on a side note, if Sabatini/LE still see the need to bring in Gago after last nights game, then I really don't know what to think.

I hate this attitude from Italian clubs, especially after we lose our 4th UCL spot to Germany. Do we want to lose the amount of teams competing for first in Italy? Because without the money for the fourth UCL spot going to a team like Fiorentina, Lazio, Napoli etc we'll soon just see Milan, Inter and Juve competing year after year.

Pazzano - Aquilani's signing should be applauded. I disagree that he is similar to Pirlo. Pirlo's pressing and defensive abilities aren't near Aquilani's. He comes as a serious bargain, costing nothing until 2012, and even then its 2 mil a year until we pay 6 mil. He's an Italian international, on 1/3 of Pirlos wage and younger. We needed him because we seriously couldn't rely on Seedorf as our sole playmaker/passing midfielder. Also, Montolivo is a similar scenario as Aquilani. We have Fiorentina where we want them. Montolivo wants Milan and we know we can get him. We can wait till next summer and get him for free rather than agreeing to their requests. Maybe he'll come for cheap though, considering Flamini is injured for 5 months now.

Kylan - Are you Crazy? Ravanelli the King of Italy? Probably the King of Derby :rolleyes:

So Maldini, Zoff, Canna, Nesta, P.Rossi, Baggio, Del Piero, Baresi etc are behind the legend Ravanelli. HA.

Totti is a character, he's done bad and good. He'll be remember by the Romans forever though.

Guest Daragh

I hate this attitude from Italian clubs' date=' especially after we lose our 4th UCL spot to Germany. Do we want to lose the amount of teams competing for first in Italy? Because without the money for the fourth UCL spot going to a team like Fiorentina, Lazio, Napoli etc we'll soon just see Milan, Inter and Juve competing year after year.[/quote']

You've just completely misunderstood what I meant. Do you think I wanted to see us get knocked out? Don't jump the gun :rolleyes: I feel the same way as you. What I meant was that with all thats going on at the moment, not just Totti but Pizarro, Borriello, Baldini, LE etc (each person has their own story/problems), Europa League is the least of our worries. A season without European football isn't going to hurt us, now that we're out. It won't have a permanent effect on the club, our other problems arrising, however, could seriously harm our chances this season.

Pazzano - Aquilani's signing should be applauded. I disagree that he is similar to Pirlo. Pirlo's pressing and defensive abilities aren't near Aquilani's. He comes as a serious bargain' date=' costing nothing until 2012, and even then its 2 mil a year until we pay 6 mil. He's an Italian international, on 1/3 of Pirlos wage and younger. We needed him because we seriously couldn't rely on Seedorf as our sole playmaker/passing midfielder. Also, Montolivo is a similar scenario as Aquilani. We have Fiorentina where we want them. Montolivo wants Milan and we know we can get him. We can wait till next summer and get him for free rather than agreeing to their requests. Maybe he'll come for cheap though, considering Flamini is injured for 5 months now.[/quote']

Aquilani is way to similar to Pirlo. Otherwise, if he wasn't, then why would Juve not punch out those millons that were required to get his signature and instead splash on some bigger wages to Pirlo...? I'm not saying that they're equal in terms of playing-style, but they're very similar. I recalled Juve last year; Melo did a horse job in the midfield covering up for Aquilani's offensive raids and Melo stood out more than what he'd done the previously year - when he played next to Marchisio in the central-midfield - who is thinking more defensive than Alberto. I'm not implying that Aquilani isn't doing a big defensive job, but I'm just implying that it's not enough to hold down that me'zzala role (hopefully I'm proven wrong though). I hope we get in Montolivo - he's done himself impossible in Florens - and he'd fit in better with Allegri's plans for that midfield role. Galliani worries me though, as he's stated ''that we're finished with our mercato now'' (in reference after the Aquilani deal had been sealed in). Hopefully he's pulling the robbery, which he practically does every year, and we're getting in our ''Mr X''. I can't seriously think that the ''Mr X'' is either Aquilani or Montolivo - I'm still convinced it's a trequartista - Ganso (?) - even though Galliani has denied it would turn out to be Ganso that is that guy.