Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Serie A News for today:

Tottenham and Anzhi Makhachkala are each interested in acquiring the services of Roma’s Pablo Osvaldo, according to reports in the Italian press.

AC Milan president and owner Silvio Berlusconi has agreed a deal to sell the club to a wealthy Arab sheik.The former Italian prime minister has reportedly sold the Rossoneri to Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan, who is a member of the Abu Dhabi ruling family. ( Say what???)

Napoli’s 21-year-old striker Lorenzo Insigne has made a big impression on Serie A this season and one man that has been impressed is former Fiorentina and Lazio coach Eugenio Fascetti.“Insigne would always be a first-team starter with me,” Fascetti explained. "He’s a massive talent, but he can’t improve as a player if he doesn’t get to play regular football.”

Inter midfielder Esteban Cambiasso has received a one-match ban after his sending off in Saturday’s Derby d’Italia against Juventus.

Racing Club technical director Roberto Ayala has revealed that the club have held talks with Inter striker Diego Milito about a possible return to the club this summer.

Javier Zanetti has confirmed that he’ll play for one more season, making him still active at the age of 40. The Argentinian faced questions about his future, but quashed speculation that he was considering hanging up his boots. “I think I will play for another season,” he told Mediaset Premium.

Antonio Conte has defended Inter player Esteban Cambiasso after the horror tackle that left the Juventus forward injured. “It’s a shame for Cambiasso, as along with Javier Zanetti and Walter Samuel he is a player I really respect,” said the Coach. “I have played against them and know how honest and fair they are. Esteban also made a nice gesture by coming into the locker room to apologise after the game. ( Very Nice to see from Conte, I'm surprised He hasn't been so angry at the challenge)

Napoli’s Blerim Dzemaili admitted he felt a little remorse after scoring three goals against former club Torino. “I must admit I felt a little bit bad for Torino, but this stadium brings me good luck. I am also happy for my team, as we had struggled in recent matches, but emerged strongly,” he told the press. ( I bet NapoliFan doesn't care if you have any remorse)

Serie A News for today:

Read that too about Milan' date=' crazy.

Insigne of course should be starting every game. He's started 14 and subbed in 16 games this season. Again, a lack of intelligence from Mazzarri. When Pandev's started 19 of his 25 appearances, it's sad, absolutely sad.

Zanetti definitely looks like he can play longer than a season. The fitness of the guy is absolutely insane. Milito's an interesting one. 33 years old, do Inter keep him? If they decide too and he's not the same as he was before the injury, then what?

I want Dzemaili to be that ruthless every game, no matter the team. If he wants to feel remorse after every game, then he's doing something right.

Few more things I've read:

Juan Jesus is close to signing an extension.

Milan are set to make an offer for Dede.

Chivu's agent believes that he'll stay for 2 more years.

Ricky Alvaraz has supposedly not shown enough to stay at Inter (other then the Juventus game, I've been relatively impressed actually) and are set to let him leave in the summer, wanting around 8m.

Napoli, along with Damiao, are tracking Dzeko.

Calciomercato claim Inter were offered Remy on loan by Marseille in January, but rejected the option.

Bruno Cesar wants a move to Milan, hoping the interest is true, as he wants a move back to Europe after he moved to Saudi Arabia.

In a deal similar to the Juventus Stadium, Udinese have been granted a 99-year lease by the city council which will allow the club to build a new stadium.

“This is an historic day for the whole Friuli region,” said team president GiampaoloPozzo. “For me, personally, it represents the end of a difficult journey that has lasted 10 years.

“It will bring us to create a modern and efficient football stadium that will be open to all, seven days a week, in one of the logistically best areas of the city.

“We must recognise the merits of Mayor Furio Honsell, who achieved a bureaucratic miracle to achieve this project.”

Once the new stadium is completed Udinese and Juventus will be the only clubs in Serie A to own their own stadiums.

The current Stadio Friuli area will be reinvented this summer. The area will have an all new stadium for the club with a 25,000 seat capacity, a downgrade of the current 35,642. The Stadio Friuli was originally opened in 1976 and was updated prior to the 1990 World Cup.

“I am sure the average number of spectators will increase, the warmth of the atmosphere will be multiplied and felt on the field, which in turn will help our players achieve even better results,” continued Pozzo.

“It is also a financial boost, as by increasing our revenue we can hold players in Udine for longer and raise the average salary.

“As for the fans, they’ll have a stadium with covered seating and every comfort from hospitality to restaurants and pre-match entertainment. The people of the city will also have an area of 20,000 square metres that can be used every day.”

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

I didn't know if you took it seriously or not since it's actually 2 April now and not the first. I wouldn't have said anything if it has been yesterday. Although now that I look at it it was probably the first when Geoffrey posted it. :D

Today is the big day. Let's see what Juve can do against Bayern :o

Pogba will probably starts and Marchisio will play behind most likely Vucinic.

Looks like Udinese is really close to sign Bruno Fernandes.

Well it didn't go well, although I'm disappointed they didn't fight like usual. I was not really thinking we would have won at allianz arena.

Coming back to topic

Former Nigeria defender Taribo West, who played for Internazionale and Derby County among other clubs, has been accused of lying about his age.

West, who retired in 2008, is listed as 39 years old today in his Wikipedia profile, but former Partizan Belgrade president Zarko Zecevic, says he has already passed the age of 50.

The defender joined the club in 2002, leaving two years later.

But despite the enormous gap between West’s stated age and his alleged actual age, Zecevic says he is still glad that he signed the player.

“He joined us saying he was 28. We only later found out he was 40, but he was still playing well so I don’t regret having him on the team,”' Zecevic said.

West, Croatian media reports claim, also then tried to join Rijeka some years later, saying he was 32, but was in fact 44 at the time.

So when Taribo West was at Inter he wasn't 25 years old but 37 years old :D

Yesterday Inter won against Sampdoria. Palacio has been quality as usual, but I've to say that Jonathan once again proved to be top class defender.

i1b9fv886RPto.gif

Onzai's poor challenge sends him off for a 2nd yellow, Edersen booked for asking the ref to book Sow and Fenerbahce have hit the post twice. Not going well for them.

Lazio need one of Pereirinha or Konko back, Diaz and Biava to play, Floccari to start at home to make any kind of comeback.

1-0 Penalty to Fener. Webo finally scores.

Kuyt made it 2. Lazio have a lot to do back in Italy.

Re: Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread

Inter beat Juve & Roma to sign Ruben Botta from Tigres. Fantastic player in Argentinian league :)

They also signed his younger brother' date=' Joan Botta (born 1997) who is a very promising midfielder.[/quote']

Nice signing if He is like what he is on youtube for us :).

I didn't know if you took it seriously or not since it's actually 2 April now and not the first. I wouldn't have said anything if it has been yesterday. Although now that I look at it it was probably the first when Geoffrey posted it. :D

Looks like Udinese is really close to sign Bruno Fernandes.

LOL' date=' I forgot about April Fools.. :o

Great find by you and everyone on the forum should know of a certain Bruno Fernandes.

“We have spoken and we’re talking about it with Novara as perhaps other people are doing. We hope to reach an agreement as soon as possible.”

Heres some recent Serie A news:

Napoli are hoping to obtain the services of both Pablo Osvaldo and Erik Lamela from Roma in the summer as they look to form a post Edinson Cavani attack. According to Corriere del Mezzogiorno, Napoli manager Walter Mazzarri has made Lamela one of his main summer targets, along with Osvaldo, the very same Lamela that the Partenopei tried to acquire before he ended up at Roma.

The agent of Vitesse midfielder Marco van Ginkel has denied reports that his client is set for a move to Inter in the offseason. The 20-year-old has become a key contributor to the Dutch side despite his young age, having already made 88 appearances for the club.

Southampton forward Gaston Ramirez is reportedly keen to leave the club in the summer, alerting Serie A side Inter. According to Calciomercato.com, the former Bologna star is fed up with the Premier League and the limited ambitions of the Saints, and wants a return to Serie A.

AC Milan are rumoured to be following the situation of Premier League side QPR in order to make a cut-price deal for Adel Taarabt.

A surprise series of transfers could go through this summer which would see Paris Saint Germain offload Zlatan Ibrahimovic back to Juventus and replace him with Edinson Cavani of Napoli.

Hugo Campagnaro’s transfer from Napoli to Inter is still being finalised the defender has admitted.The 32-year-old looks all but set to leave the Stadio San Paolo in the summer with the Nerazzurri his preferred destination.

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani denied that his club were interested in bringing Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Julio Cesar back to Italy.

A local newspaper writes that Inter have now finalized a deal for Razvan Popa, a 16-year-old (born January 4, 1997) who plays as a midfielder for Sportul Studentesc. Reportedly, Inter spent € 250,000 to get the kid to Italy and thus beat competition from Chelsea. The confirmation comes from Popa himself who said: “I will go to Inter, I can’t say anything more. I know my life is now going to change and I hope that new opportunities will open up for me. I hope to be ready and meet expectations.” The player is expected to sign a five-year contract with Inter. (Only 10k in the game( I bought him a while ago as I needed space for my Orient in 7046)

Looks like Rodrigo Palacio suffered an injury in a training session and will be missing the match with Atalanta.

and limped out of a training session on Thursday with a hamstring problem which has ruled him out of Sunday's game with Atalanta.
Tommaso Rocchi is expected to start with Cassano.

I think Ruben Botta could be a good signing although you never know how players can adapt with Serie A which is a totally different kind of championship than Argentinian League.

Looks like Rodrigo Palacio suffered an injury in a training session and will be missing the match with Atalanta.

Tommaso Rocchi is expected to start with Cassano.

I think Ruben Botta could be a good signing although you never know how players can adapt with Serie A which is a totally different kind of championship than Argentinian League.

Terrible news for us. I dread to see Rocchi up top' date=' but maybe he can finally conuue up something. We need him to go 6ix or 7 years back to what he was :P.

Ruben Botta is an okay signing and He'll add to our Argentinian army :o. Stats wise , He isn't very impressive. He looks great on Youtube but then again, Youtube makes everyone look nice.

Pazzini or Matri, who's the better player and could any of them look at a rise in the future?

Tough call to be honest. There are talks of Pazzini heading to Sampdoria , Fiorentina and even Arsenal. Pazzini is a good striker but Milan also have the two young Italians in Balo and El Shaa and Bojan, Robinho, and Niang as support. Matri is a solid striker whos playing at Juve but Juve will add Llorente next season alongside Vucinic and Matri has the likes of Quag, and Giovinco to also compete with.

If it were up to me, I'd go with Super Pazzini :). 13 goals and 7 assists in 1302 minutes is pretty impressive. However, He's scored in games that weren't important, games Milan were about to win, or games Milan were going to lose anyways.

A mix of both. Perin had a small injury and then the good performances of Pelizzoli convinced new coach to keep him as first choice GK and to be honest looking at the impressive match he played against Juve he wasn't wrong :o

I don't think either Pazzini or Matri will rise in the future. Probably Pazzini is slightly better than Matri imo.

Rocchi is always trying to score his 100th goals in serie A (99 goals atm), will he be able to score it before ending his career? :D

No, he stole the ball from Pizarro and scored face to face with goalkeeper.

Montolivo scored against Fiorentina at home too.

Tomovic Red card was exaggerated and so was the first penalty for Fiorentina. Tagliavento very bad.