Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

It was a mixture of both this year. Our injuries really hindered us and yes their were some bad calls, but We have been bad this season. I honestly feel we can do nothing but blame ourselves. We were second place and everything was good after We had beaten Juventus 2-0 at their home and broken their unbeaten record. I honestly believed We could easily make 2nd place at that time.

After that game, It all went downhill from there. I don't know what happened but our team is dreadful defending the counter attack. We lack structure, discipline, tactical awareness, and responsibility. We sold Coutinho who has been quite splendid for Liverpool.

This summer will be crucial for Inter, no doubt. I agree with you Angelo that We have some positives such as Kovacic (amazing kid), and Alvarez is showing He's a good player. Palacio has also been a splendid signing, and Juan Jesus has developed more this year.

Iv actually watched alot of Inter this season, grown a small affinity to them due to a friend from Milan.

Although in the past you have on acouple of occasions been linked to Weimann and Benteke in the English press so my soft spot for you could soon turn into something else lol.

During periods I think you play really well then you almost collapse, I agree your setup is poor, as in structure of the team. You lose your way far to easily and sometimes I have no idea what your game plan is.

Palacio is really important for you, such a better team with him playing.

Iv actually watched alot of Inter this season' date=' grown a small affinity to them due to a friend from Milan.

Although in the past you have on acouple of occasions been linked to Weimann and Benteke in the English press so my soft spot for you could soon turn into something else lol.

[b']During periods I think you play really well then you almost collapse, I agree your setup is poor, as in structure of the team. You lose your way far to easily and sometimes I have no idea what your game plan is.[/b]

Palacio is really important for you, such a better team with him playing.

I'd take Benteke without even thinking about it. Bentekkers is an absolute monster and We need that as of right now. :o

I agree completely with what has been bolded. We lose focus for some odd reason and then all hell breaks loose against us. I would also like to add the fact that any one who has watched Inter regularly this year has seen glimpses of what this team can really do. I've seen Inter play amazing, and then the next second, look like a Prima Divisone team.

Our defence lacks so much organization and it's ridiculous. On counter attacks, We are so easily exposed I swear it's a Rated R movie.

I'd take Benteke without even thinking about it. Bentekkers is an absolute monster and We need that as of right now. :o

I agree completely with what has been bolded. We lose focus for some odd reason and then all hell breaks loose against us. I would also like to add the fact that any one who has watched Inter regularly this year has seen glimpses of what this team can really do. I've seen Inter play amazing' date=' and then the next second, look like a Prima Divisone tea[/b']m.

Our defence lacks so much organization and it's ridiculous. On counter attacks, We are so easily exposed I swear it's a Rated R movie.

Your not alone, I like he will be hot property in the summer. He said he will stay if we stay up and invest, which we will so fingers crossed I get to watch him for one more season :D

It was more his agent talking about you, saying if Inter came in it would be a dream for him.

Its strange,I cant believe you can play that well then other times look no where near capable of a decent performance.

What positions do you ideally need?

Your short of numbers up front arent you?

Your not alone' date=' I like he will be hot property in the summer. He said he will stay if we stay up and invest, which we will so fingers crossed I get to watch him for one more season :D

It was more his agent talking about you, saying if Inter came in it would be a dream for him.

Its strange,I cant believe you can play that well then other times look no where near capable of a decent performance.

What positions do you ideally need?

Your short of numbers up front arent you?[/quote']

Yeah.. I don't like thinking about how inconsistent we are. It's not inconsistency between games, It's inconsistency between minutes as well. :o A prime example of our inconsistency this season is our Europa League games versus Spurs. We were so abysmal in the first leg, but in the second leg, We nearly came up with the victory!

I reckon We need everything in every position and I am being serious. If anything, We need to get younger in every position cause We are definetely not Aston Villa.

Yep, It's brutal. Milito is out along with Cassano and Palacio who were both injured today. Rocchi is legitimately the only true striker we have and I am dreading to see this guy start up top for us.

Roma - Lazio

Anybody else watch the Derby della Capitale?

The 138th Rome derby and it was a pretty decent showing for a 1-1 result, a fiery affair as always, with surprise surprise, a red card, making it 8 reds in the last 5 derby’s, well at least believe the commentator said so.

First half was pretty much the Hernanes show. When he’s controlling the match in the last third, both through his creativity and that nasty shot of his, you better throw out many a prayer. That first goal was an absolute belter!

How about Roma? Almost seemed like a scene from The Walking Dead, 11 walkers on the pitch. Totti usually creates goals, was very quiet, Florenzi offered a little flair to keep tifosi amused, it was De Rossi making most of the noise, crunching tackles everywhere, especially that one on Klose (it was more of a return), whereby I have to ask; Is he sponsored by Adidas? Because he went “All In” with that tackle. Haha, awful joke, I know. Excuse the cheesy humour.

Second half picked up where the first left off, the Lazio show continues, through somewhat horrific fashion if you’re Marquinho, a blatant handball in the ’18, penalty Lazio, within minutes. Hernanes, Mr. Best Player on the pitch steps up and misses the entire goal. This is where the entire match changes, including Hernanes’ performance.

Score ended 1-1 right, so how did Roma get back into the match, other than through holding possession well, advancing the ball, with Pjanic having awoken? Hernanes. This dude has an amazing first half, blows a penalty second half, then goes and concedes a penalty to Roma, by clipping Pjanic’s left leg. Clear penalty which il Crapitano smashes in, to Marchetti’s bottom right.

How about that Totti free-kick to follow shortly later? One touched to Totti from about 25-30 yards out, smashed it right through Lazio’s wall, which was complete garbage all match, saved by Marchetti, and the ball rolls straight into the path of Florenzi, who’s followed shot is saved by Marchetti. Brilliance!

Things gets worse for Lazio, whilst Marchetti is keeping things level, the Slowbro equivalent, Biava, gets sent off for pretty much kicking the life out of Marquinho, who is much quicker to get on the ball. You’d think Roma would spurn on to claim all 3 points now, but no, just like Fiorentina, who when reduced to 10 men, brought out the best in them, the same goes for Lazio, who looked to be gaining some momentum.

Saying all of that, the best chances that followed were still to Roma, only to be wasted by Lamela, who had half of the goal open on a lovely corner, all he had to do was head the ball forward, but hit it over the goal. Before that also, Roma were clearly robbed of a penalty they should have been given, with Radu tripping up Lamela in the box, which both the linesman and Mazzoleni refused to acknowledge. Noticed throughout the match Mazzoleni would always take a blind eye to Lamela's claims.

Anyway, there you have it, quite eventful for a 1-1 draw, though that’s a standard Rome derby, oh not to mention scenes of fighting tifosi beforehand, plus sure I’ve left out details. This post is long enough.

On a sidenote, there's something unlikeable about Lazio defenders. Just saying; Biava, Radu and Andre Dias, have zero tolerance for either of them.

Lazio did well to get to the Quarter's, though definitely weren't good enough in the final 3rd, which is where they were a big success in the earlier stages. The crossing/balls put in just weren't good enough and when they were, a few wasted chances. Too many long range shots that were poorly taken. Kozak didn't get the room nor the help he needed. Although I thought Candreava was very good, outside the crossing that didn't get to Kozak, he usually beat his man and that cross for Lulic's goal was spot on. Did well outing 2 good German clubs and couldn't do it against Fener. It will be good for their league status though as they were poor since more and more European games came in.

The agent of St Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has revealed talks with Inter Milan.

“Personally, at the start of the season, I had talks with Inter directors Marco Branca and Piero Ausilio. We did not discuss costs or offers as such, but we talked about the characteristics of the player and where he could fit in. The Nerazzurri really like Aubameyang. They are looking for a player in his role and I can say the Inter directors confirmed they are impressed by my client."

Massimo Moratti is intent on reinforcing’s Inter’s midfield this summer, with Ajax’s Christian Eriksen topping the list of targets according to reports in Holland.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s rumoured return to Juventus has taken a new twist as the Swede reportedly wants to re-join the club at the end of the season amid changed at current club PSG.

Atalanta have declared they will do everything in their power to keep hold of Giacomo Bonaventura for another season despite growing interest from other clubs.

Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Julio Cesar has expressed a desire to return to Italy with Roma being linked with a move for the former Inter star.

Paris Saint Germain’s Italian international midfielder Marco Verratti has admitted he would be open to a return to Italy someday to join Juventus.“If I were to leave, I would like to return to Italy to join a big club like Juventus, AC Milan or Inter. Even although I loved my time at Pescara, Juventus is the club I supported as a child and [Alessandro] Del Piero is my idol.”

Some of the latest news. I doubt Zlatan would come back to Juve so I'll dismiss that report.

If We get Aubamayeng, I will be a very happy fan this summer. 17 goals in Ligue 1 is pretty good and He's only 23. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Eriksen would be a dream signing but I don't think that it's very likely to happen.

Last but not least, Verratti seems to really love Juve so I can see him joining them more than us. I would love to see a Kovacic and Verratti partnership! Those two are just blessed with vision, silky moves, and creativity.

Some of the latest news. I doubt Zlatan would come back to Juve so I'll dismiss that report.

If We get Aubamayeng' date=' I will be a very happy fan this summer. 17 goals in Ligue 1 is pretty good and He's only 23. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Eriksen would be a dream signing but I don't think that it's very likely to happen.

Last but not least, Verratti seems to really love Juve so I can see him joining them more than us. I would love to see a Kovacic and Verratti partnership! Those two are just blessed with vision, silky moves, and creativity.[/quote']

whats going on with Isla? he was a solid pro until he joined Juve.... :P

;2531307']whats going on with Isla? he was a solid pro until he joined Juve.... :P

LOL, They decided to bench him and never use him again. It's a shame what's happened to Isla, but Juve got Asamoah who is an absolute beast on the left side. I'll take Isla for 6-8 million for Juve though for Inter.

;2531307']whats going on with Isla? he was a solid pro until he joined Juve.... :P

He still is-unfortunately he's still suffering from the effects of that knee injury that kept him out for a couple months. He has both fitness and mental issues -bit like Ramsey I would guess. One has to bear in mind that Isla is an offensive version of Lichsteiner (Also with Lichsteiners fine form he has been unable to press his claim too much.) and Conte seems to prefer defensive solidity.

However with time he will get more minutes as De Cigle seems at the moment far from a top class defender.

If We get Aubamayeng' date=' I will be a very happy fan this summer. 17 goals in Ligue 1 is pretty good and He's only 23. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Eriksen would be a dream signing but I don't think that it's very likely to happen.[/b']

Last but not least, Verratti seems to really love Juve so I can see him joining them more than us. I would love to see a Kovacic and Verratti partnership! Those two are just blessed with vision, silky moves, and creativity.

The list of teams interested in him is long amico.

Fiorentina have been interested him since January, around the time Andrea Della Valle promised a 'top forward' to tifosi, and that was after we got Beppe. Instead Viola settle for Toni, but are still interested.

La Gazzetta only listed a few days ago Roma had made contact. Arsenal and Spurs and said to be interested too. The legitmacy of teams' interest is up for debate, either way, he's hot property.

Speaking of your beloved Inter, have a peer at this, quite an interesting story about Icardi. Found it comical, saying that, do think he is Inter bound.

http://milombardia.gazzetta.it/milano/2013-04-11/intericardi-quando-calciomercato-si-decide-anche-twitter-92937767511.shtml

The list of teams interested in him is long amico.

Fiorentina have been interested him since January' date=' around the time Andrea Della Valle promised a 'top forward' to tifosi, and that was after we got Beppe. Instead Viola settle for Toni, but are still interested.

La Gazzetta only listed a few days ago Roma had made contact. Arsenal and Spurs and said to be interested too. The legitmacy of teams' interest is up for debate, either way, he's hot property.

Speaking of your beloved Inter, have a peer at this, quite an interesting story about Icardi. Found it comical, saying that, do think he is Inter bound.

[i']http://milombardia.gazzetta.it/milano/2013-04-11/intericardi-quando-calciomercato-si-decide-anche-twitter-92937767511.shtml[/i]

He doesn't need to go to a bad team so He wont go to Fiorentina :). Haha, Yeah, I know I've seen many teams interested in Pierre. I would love to have him due to his proficiency to score goals and due to us needing to get younger. I heard of the Bardi swap and Icardi's a great striker for a 20 year old. Although, He is getting tons of hype.

He still is-unfortunately he's still suffering from the effects of that knee injury that kept him out for a couple months. He has both fitness and mental issues -bit like Ramsey I would guess. One has to bear in mind that Isla is an offensive version of Lichsteiner (Also with Lichsteiners fine form he has been unable to press his claim too much.) and Conte seems to prefer defensive solidity.

However with time he will get more minutes as De Cigle seems at the moment far from a top class defender.

De Ceglie is a left back whilst Isla is predominantly a right back :). The problem with Juve is that they have too many full backs such as Asamoah, and Peluso who can play as Left wingbacks, and Lichsteiner and Caceres who can play as right backs. You could also include Giaccherini who can play multiple positions on the field. That's about 7 players who can play as fullbacks and their are only two spots. Oh, and Frozy mentioned Padoin so that's 8!

I personally rate Caceres over Lichsteiner and Isla. I feel He is very solid as a defender ( I'd take him anyday for Inter) and going forward, he is pretty good as well. His versatility is great as well as He can play as a centre back as well.

De Ceglie is a left back whilst Isla is predominantly a right back :). The problem with Juve is that they have too many full backs such as Asamoah' date=' and Peluso who can play as Left wingbacks, and Lichsteiner and Caceres who can play as right backs. You could also include Giaccherini who can play multiple positions on the field. That's about 7 players who can play as fullbacks and their are only two spots. Oh, and Frozy mentioned Padoin so that's 8!

I personally rate Caceres over Lichsteiner and Isla. I feel He is very solid as a defender ( I'd take him anyday for Inter) and going forward, he is pretty good as well. His versatility is great as well as He can play as a centre back as well.[/quote']

Yeah he's more of a RWB -and was making the point about solidity especfially risking it on a player short in many areas. I forgot Gia tbh as he's a decent utility player.

Btw I wonder if Isla/Vidal is bait for Alexis ;)

How's Gio of Parma coming along?

Yeah he's more of a RWB -and was making the point about solidity especfially risking it on a player short in many areas. I forgot Gia tbh as he's a decent utility player.

Btw I wonder if Isla/Vidal is bait for Alexis ;)

How's Gio of Parma coming along?

Yeah, I agree with you bout Isla, I miss his old runs diagonally and everywhere as a RWB for Udinese. I remember talking to NF101 about Udinese, and We both agreed that They could have easily made a Scudetto Challenging Team with all the players they have sold throughout the years.

LOL, I reckon it is. Too bad, Inter can't do that for high profile Argentinians :o.

Giovinco has been okay but like not amazing for Juve compared to what he did last year for Parma. I reckon He'll find it hard with so much competition with Llorente next year and with the likes of Quag, Matri, and Vucinic still on the team. If Juve gets Sanchez this summer, Giovinco will easily be a bench player.

Yeah' date=' I agree with you bout Isla, I miss his old runs diagonally and everywhere as a RWB for Udinese. I remember talking to NF101 about Udinese, and We both agreed that They could have easily made a Scudetto Challenging Team with all the players they have sold throughout the years.

LOL, I reckon it is. Too bad, Inter can't do that for high profile Argentinians :o.

Giovinco has been okay but like not amazing for Juve compared to what he did last year for Parma. I reckon He'll find it hard with so much competition with Llorente next year and with the likes of Quag, Matri, and Vucinic still on the team. If Juve gets Sanchez this summer, Giovinco will easily be a bench player.[/quote']

Interesting wasn't Tevez linked to Inter a while back?

Pity-but maybe last season was his best (Gio), but Conte has his vision and after the Bayern match will need a bit of a retool (Shades of Inters match in November against a high pressing opponent).

;2531349']why on earth did they shell out 9M for him then if they had so much cover? did they expect him to be first choice & Lichesteiner be backup?...& Caceres....Padoin etc etc :)

I actually don't know tbh, you could ask Anri, Ale or Ahmad about that :P. They could have saved up the 9 million for a striker. LLorente hasn't been very good this season for Athletic Bilbao though, anyone know why? :confused: Why has he been like substituted so much times on in recent weeks?

I actually don't know tbh' date=' you could ask Anri, Ale or Ahmad about that :P. They could have saved up the 9 million for a striker. LLorente has been bad this season for Athletic Bilbao though, anyone know why? :confused: Why ahs he been like substituted so much times on in recent weeks?[/quote']

coz he wont sign an extension, so they froze him out the side...pretty much the whole campaign...IMO makes sense, why play someone you wont have next season, blood replacements so they dont have to rely on him!