Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

;2531349']why on earth did they shell out 9M for him then if they had so much cover? did they expect him to be first choice & Lichesteiner be backup?...& Caceres....Padoin etc etc :)

Not sure-whether there's one answer I don't know.

Conte may have been offered him (part ownership deal etc) and saw it as an investment in a player likely to improve (and provide bait for Alexis..lol), or to provide cover then supersede Lich or just to offer tactical flexibility

Interesting wasn't Tevez linked to Inter a while back?

Pity-but maybe last season was his best (Gio)' date=' but Conte has his vision and after the Bayern match will need a bit of a retool (Shades of Inters match in November against a high pressing opponent).[/quote']

Yeah, I believe It was January of 2012. :) Although according to the CalcioMercato, We're putting a bid in for Carlos in the summer. He would be a amazing signing and would help the team but I would prefer a younger forward. I don't think our attack is bad, It's been our defence this year that has dreadfully time and time again been our downfall. Also, the structure and organization of the team this year has been dreadful, and We get abused on counter attacks. Last week was a clear example, We allowed Denis to score 3 goals for Atalanta when we were 3-1 up. Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

I remember Gio when people were saying He was the next Del Piero. He is still a good player but he's now where near ADP. I reckon his best season will possibly be when He's 28. It's shocking cause I still feel like Giovinco is only a 22 or 23 year old. The difference at Parma was that He was the main man and the team turned to him whilst this Juve side has so many options.

;2531356']coz he wont sign an extension' date=' so they froze him out the side...pretty much the whole campaign...IMO makes sense, why play someone you wont have next season, blood replacements so they dont have to rely on him![/quote']

Interesting as it was reported they had a Juve bid of 8 Mill for him in January according to Urrutia. Also with Biesla/Iker Muniain anythings possible

Yeah' date=' I believe It was January of 2012. :) Although according to the CalcioMercato, We're putting a bid in for Carlos in the summer. He would be a amazing signing and would help the team but I would prefer a younger forward. I don't think our attack is bad, It's been our defence this year that has dreadfully time and time again been our downfall. Also, the structure and organization of the team this year has been dreadful, and We get abused on counter attacks. Last week was a clear example, We allowed Denis to score 3 goals for Atalanta when we were 3-1 up. [img']http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111107003558/runescape/images/1/1f/Emoticon-Facepalm.gif[/img]

I remember Gio when people were saying He was the next Del Piero. He is still a good player but he's now where near ADP. I reckon his best season will possibly be when He's 28. It's shocking cause I still feel like Giovinco is only a 22 or 23 year old. The difference at Parma was that He was the main man and the team turned to him whilst this Juve side has so many options.

Ah Tevez is a good player especially as his hold up play will help bring others into play. However you have also been linked to Icardi, Nani and Aubameyang

Yeah I thought he would be in that class or near to (del Piero) -maybe his transfer to Juve came a bit too early.

He doesn't need to go to a bad team so He wont go to Fiorentina :). Haha' date=' Yeah, I know I've seen many teams interested in Pierre. I would love to have him due to his proficiency to score goals and due to us needing to get younger. I heard of the Bardi swap and Icardi's a great striker for a 20 year old. Although, He is getting tons of hype.[/quote']

Yes, too much hype in my opinion. His 4 goal performance really put him over the top. Some of the money that's being associated with Icardi in the way of a bid is far too much. From Sampdoria's view, they've got to squeeze any amount they can get, so I can understand why Garrone won't budge.

Was speaking with a few mates, would love to have Icardi, seeing as JoJo will probably be on the outs, but I reckon it's not even worth it, of the opinion something's already set in stone with Inter, could be wrong.

If I could take any talent right now in Italy would be Ricky Saponara, such a shame he's contracted to il Diavolo.

Have to say Marco Sau does interest me as a potential candidate to replace JoJo, the more I think about it. Good player.

With the arrival of Llorente l see Quaglliarella & Matri signing for other clubs, they won't be needed anymore + they didn't play well for Juve this season.

I read that Juventus board decided to NOT buy Isla, he will be sent back to Udinese at the end of the season. Juve never gives time to new players, they just keep them for 1 season, if they don't do well the board directly loans them out or sells them to lower teams.

Seems like we're getting Sanchez too this summer, he's a good player and knows what to do before italian goal ;)

With the arrival of Llorente l see Quaglliarella & Matri signing for other clubs' date=' they won't be needed anymore + they didn't play well for Juve this season.

I read that Juventus board decided to NOT buy Isla, he will be sent back to Udinese at the end of the season. Juve never gives time to new players, they just keep them for 1 season, if they don't do well the board directly loans them out or sells them to lower teams.

Seems like we're getting Sanchez too this summer, he's a good player and knows what to do before italian goal ;)[/quote']

so they paid 9M for a loan? i dont think thats right, i can see he has a 5 year contract at Juve... anyway, that would be a coup for Udinese - maybe a swap for Cuadrado is on the cards?

;2532011']so they paid 9M for a loan? i dont think thats right' date=' i can see he has a 5 year contract at Juve... anyway, that would be a coup for Udinese - maybe a swap for Cuadrado is on the cards?[/quote']

l think it was a co-ownership, the deal was lsla to stay 1 year at juve for them to decide if they will buy or not. Dont forget that lsla price last year was 20 millions.

l think youre right, he might be used to bring Cuadrado in Turin.

Ah Tevez is a good player especially as his hold up play will help bring others into play. However you have also been linked to Icardi' date=' Nani and Aubameyang

Yeah I thought he would be in that class or near to (del Piero) -maybe his transfer to Juve came a bit too early.[/quote']

I wouldn't take Nani as I cant stand him nor do I feel he is any good anymore. Any young striker under 26 is a good buy for me :).

It's like alot of young Italian stars are hyped up to be the next this and that. The newest next "Del Piero" is none other than Insigne although I do feel Lorenzo will surely be better than Gio will ever be in his career. Like for example, De Sciglio is always being called the next Maldini. People are putting too much pressure by naming them after Italian legends, let them be the one and only De Sciglio.

Yes' date=' too much hype in my opinion. His 4 goal performance really put him over the top. Some of the money that's being associated with Icardi in the way of a bid is far too much. From Sampdoria's view, they've got to squeeze any amount they can get, so I can understand why Garrone won't budge.

Was speaking with a few mates, would love to have Icardi, seeing as JoJo will probably be on the outs, but I reckon it's not even worth it, of the opinion something's already set in stone with Inter, could be wrong.

If I could take any talent right now in Italy would be Ricky Saponara, such a shame he's contracted to il Diavolo.

Have to say Marco Sau does interest me as a potential candidate to replace JoJo, the more I think about it. Good player.[/quote']

Yeah, the four goals against Pescara was a major push to his hype and before that his brace against Juve. I know he's a great player in all but He's in a bit of a slump as He hasn't scored in his last four games. Interestingly enough, Sampdoria has won all the games in which He has scored in. People need to take more notice of Obiang though as well as Poli.

Sau's been a good striker but I want you guys to keep Jovetic. I think if Fiorentina could maybe keep him for one year, and add some more players to the squad, you guys could make champions league. I can't wait to see Rossi play for you guys!

;2532011']so they paid 9M for a loan? i dont think thats right' date=' i can see he has a 5 year contract at Juve... anyway, that would be a coup for Udinese - maybe a swap for Cuadrado is on the cards?[/quote']
l think it was a co-ownership' date=' the deal was lsla to stay 1 year at juve for them to decide if they will buy or not. Dont forget that lsla price last year was 20 millions.

l think youre right, he might be used to bring Cuadrado in Turin.[/quote']

No, I would not let Cuadrado go to Juve. What use will Cuadrado do for them? Have another wing back that they don't need? If I was a Juve fan, I would just pursue another striker and center back and I would be a happy person.

Well it was the match I've waited all season for - The prodigal son's return.

Looked as if me getting up at some ridiculous hour to watch the Fiorentina - Milan was in vain' date=' especially at the site of that stronzo, Tontolivo making a mockery of us, on what was the type of play Pek has become notorious for this second half of the season - giving the ball away.

Nevertheless, justice has prevailed and the 'Galliani effect' becomes soiled, albeit through him hiding second half, as Viola tifosi went crazy the first half with all the decisions going against us, so they pushed up the stands to yell at Galliani. Fair to say there was suspect officiating by Tagliavento. Clear to see Galliani didn't complete his payment at half-time, as Tagliavento mixed it up second half.

On the Tomovic sending off, absolute bull! OK, he was the last man back but he hardly took El Shaa out. That was some WWF nonsense, all in the selling of slight contact and Tagliavento bought it ever so quickly, like a Nuts magazine on sale for 5p. Talk about killing a match, but I suppose that's the beauty in the final result.

Even after going a man down Fiorentina were more dominant in possession, Allegri clearly wanting Milan to sit back and hit on the counter, which may have helped in leading to Milan's second goal, via Flamini, set up by, Tonto, but in the end, suicidal.

2 penalties awarded to us second half. 2 goals. Both instances were penalties could care less what Diavoli think. The second penalty awarded to Cuadrado was more clear cut, tripped up by De Sciglio. The first penalty there is room to debate, but Ljajic on that amazing solo run was clearly pushed by Nocerino.

Milan probably should have been returned one of those decisions with a Roncaglia handball off a header, but wasn't given, which personally I see as justice, for Tomovic's red.

In all, with the way things went, this feels like a win for Fiorentina. To battle the odds, down 2-0, reduced to 10 men, against a confident Milan side, with 12 men at times if you know what I'm saying... and they got crapped on second half - most pleasing. Proud of the lads. Bring on the ladri chants, doesn't bother the Fiesole.

:)

See you next time Tonto...

[center']0.jpg[/center]

I dont know if I'm supposed to take you seriously? The referee was very kind to you, not us. The only questionable call that you have said was the red and he elbowed him in the face...You say sitting back was sucidial? Your goals were penalties. So how did sitting back effect us? Not that I can remember us sitting back anyway. The calls against us had a bigger effect on the result.

And you hate Montolivo? He's a classy guy and was a leader for your team. Didn't he stay long enough, and through some awful periods? Telling the fans he was leaving when he knew was the right move. I think he's still like by Fiorentina Ultras, surely. He didnt celebrate either.

No' date=' I would not let Cuadrado go to Juve. What use will Cuadrado do for them? Have another wing back that they don't need? If I was a Juve fan, I would just pursue another striker and center back and I would be a happy person.[/quote']

read it today that Juve are rumoured to be interested in him!

I wouldn't take Nani as I cant stand him nor do I feel he is any good anymore. Any young striker under 26 is a good buy for me :).

It's like alot of young Italian stars are hyped up to be the next this and that. The newest next "Del Piero" is none other than Insigne although I do feel Lorenzo will surely be better than Gio will ever be in his career. Like for example' date=' De Sciglio is always being called the next Maldini. People are putting too much pressure by naming them after Italian legends, let them be the one and only De Sciglio.

[/quote']

Inter needs to sort out it's playing staff -they have recently been more of a selling club (except for veterans)..

Ah and here I though Florenzi could become the next midfield general ..

All Italy needs are 4 spots for UCL! If we do that clubs will earn more so better players will be attracted :)

The 2000/2001/2002 when Italy had 2 or 3 teams in UCL semifinals are gone...Not even Juve can't compete at that level anymore and look at their team....

The 2000/2001/2002 when Italy had 2 or 3 teams in UCL semifinals are gone...Not even Juve can't compete at that level anymore and look at their team....

well, to be fair Its their first year seriously competing in the UCL after quite some time, so the fact that they already got upto the quarter finals is already a good sign.

Just look at dortmund last season, pretty much the same team (aside from a couple of players) and yet couldnt do much, this season, with abit more UCL experience and with a couple of great additions they are upto the semis.

Juve might aswell be the dormund team next season, they will add a couple of great players in the spots they lack, and imo, with the right ucl draws, they might get to where Borussia is now.

well' date=' to be fair Its their first year seriously competing in the UCL after quite some time, so the fact that they already got upto the quarter finals is already a good sign.

Just look at dortmund last season, pretty much the same team (aside from a couple of players) and yet couldnt do much, this season, with abit more UCL experience and with a couple of great additions they are upto the semis.

Juve might aswell be the dormund team next season, they will add a couple of great players in the spots they lack, and imo, with the right ucl draws, they might get to where Borussia is now.[/quote']

Juve just need a top striker who can decide a game on his own and 2 or 3 subs who can make an instant impact when they come on the pitch.Juve was quite unlucky to draw Munich though.They got a great team anyway.

;2532186']read it today that Juve are rumoured to be interested in him!

Yeup' date=' I've read it as well but like He isn't needed. They just need a striker in my honest opinion and they should go for Sanchez this summer. It would be nice to see Llorente and Sanchez plus Vucinic and Gio.

Inter needs to sort out it's playing staff -they have recently been more of a selling club (except for veterans)..

Ah and here I though Florenzi could become the next midfield general ..

Inter need to sort out everything :). Florenzi is a great player for his age!

People need to realize that El Shaarawy, Florenzi, De Scilgio, Juan Jesus, Pogba, and Insigne are only playing their first full Serie A season this year.

All Italy needs are 4 spots for UCL! If we do that clubs will earn more so better players will be attracted :)
That would mean teams take the Europa League seriously and start winning it. The difference in coefficient between Italy and the top 3 leagues is growing.

I would love for Italy to get back four spots but as NF101 said' date=' the Serie A really needs to do better in Europa League. Napoli and Inter should have done better imho.

well, to be fair Its their first year seriously competing in the UCL after quite some time, so the fact that they already got upto the quarter finals is already a good sign.

Juve might aswell be the dormund team next season, they will add a couple of great players in the spots they lack, and imo, with the right ucl draws, they might get to where Borussia is now.

Juve just need a top striker who can decide a game on his own and 2 or 3 subs who can make an instant impact when they come on the pitch.Juve was quite unlucky to draw Munich though.They got a great team anyway.

Juve only need another striker imo whom I would say is Sanchez. They got good players on the bench and maybe adding one more center defender will be very good for them. Max brings up a very good point as well. Juve haven't been in CL for quite some time and a quarter final finish is quite admirable.

Van Buyten might sign a 1-year contract this summer, obviously he will be a back-up cb. l like Van Buyten very much, he looks like a monster, wish he was younger ;)

Also Ogbonna might join for 15m too.

Don't forget we have many loaned out players, l'd like to see 2-3 of them get involved anytime soon.

-After january transfer window finished there were rumours juve bought Poli in co-ownership with sampdoria, is it true?

Van Buyten might sign a 1-year contract this summer' date=' obviously he will be a back-up cb. l like Van Buyten very much, he looks like a monster, wish he was younger ;)[/quote']

Source? I doubt there have been any ongoing talks with him or anybody else in the Bayern squad. They fully focus on CL and deal with everything once that is finished. I'd like him to stay for another year at Bayern.

Source? I doubt there have been any ongoing talks with him or anybody else in the Bayern squad. They fully focus on CL and deal with everything once that is finished. I'd like him to stay for another year at Bayern.

His contract ends at the end of the season....

Van Buyten might sign a 1-year contract this summer' date=' obviously he will be a back-up cb. l like Van Buyten very much, he looks like a monster, wish he was younger ;)

Also Ogbonna might join for 15m too.

Don't forget we have many loaned out players, l'd like to see 2-3 of them get involved anytime soon.

-After january transfer window finished there were rumours juve bought Poli in co-ownership with sampdoria, is it true?[/quote']

It's kind of tricky with Ogbonna being from Torino and you two clubs are inner city rivals. I reckon they might try to get more for Ogbonna from you. Nah, I didn't forget. If anything, you should call back Melo from loan :). You've got good youth coming up in the form of Masi, Boayke, Gabbiadini alongside Pogba.

Yeah, I've heard of Poli being a Juventus player next year. Ale , I believe, also said that Poli should join them next season. It would be a great acquisition with Poli being only 23. Not to mention, He's been called up for the Azzuri recently.

thats 100% impossible. :P

It's definitely possible.

Mazzarri's set to sign 3 year, 3m a year contract, as long as reinforcements are to be brought in. Nainggolan seems to be the first one asked by Mazzarri, though would cost a fair bit to sign him, though he is one of my favorite midfielders in Serie A. He's also asked for new defenders that are already in Serie A. Explains the Benatia link though Udinese did claim they don't want to continue to sell to Napoli. :P

Campagnaro set to sign for Inter for 3 years at around 1.5m a season.