Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Understandable. Club sold their best players and bought some less known players.. no one could resist to this and is with no surprise that they were knocked out of EL.

btw' date=' the best signing of Milan today, was a young Portuguese ;)[/quote']

Understandable?

The transfers had little to do with Pioli, some of which were already in place before he had actually arrived at the club. Not to mention the fact that Sean Sogliano has been buying to suit Zamparini's system, not Pioli's. If it were up to Pioli, Cassani and Nocerino would still be at the club. Two competitive games do not warrant a sacking. Particularly when he's playing a system he's unfamiliar with and doesn't exactly want to play, as he's acting as Zamparini's puppet. You could argue Zamparini is as much to blame for the Europa League exit. Zamaprini has just lost yet another good tactician.

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Understandable?

The transfers had little to do with Pioli' date=' some of which were already in place before he had actually arrived at the club. Not to mention the fact that Sean Sogliano has been buying to suit Zamparini's system, not Pioli's. If it were up to Pioli, Cassani and Nocerino would still be at the club. Two competitive games do not warrant a sacking. Particularly when he's playing a system he's unfamiliar with and doesn't exactly want to play, as he's acting as Zamparini's puppet. You could argue Zamparini is as much to blame for the Europa League exit. Zamaprini has just lost yet another good tactician.[/quote']

Its funny how like a month ago, Zamparini told the press that 'this time the manager will stay no matter what, for all the duration of the contract', 1 month later, BAM!!! Fired!!!! And didnt even play a single Serie A game, Zamparini is just pathetic.

Guest Daragh

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Its funny how like a month ago' date=' Zamparini told the press that 'this time the manager will stay no matter what, for all the duration of the contract', 1 month later, BAM!!! Fired!!!! And didnt even play a single Serie A game, Zamparini is just pathetic.[/quote']

And what I find even more amusing is that he's now calling Delio Rossi back :D Despite the fact that he's already turned the job down.

Really is pathetic. Palermo have so much potential as a club, yet Zamparini continues to hold them back. It really is a shame.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

And what I find even more amusing is that he's now calling Delio Rossi back :D Despite the fact that he's already turned the job down.

Really is pathetic. Palermo have so much potential as a club' date=' yet Zamparini continues to hold them back. It really is a shame.[/quote']

Ye lo, but Delio Rossi rejected the offer, and he has my respect for that.

Anyway Here are Zamparini testual words, which he said the 6th June 2011:

"Tra quanto licenzio Pioli? Tra quattro anni. Non ci credete? Allora scommettiamo''

''When will i sack Pioli? In four years (the end of his contract). Dont believe me? Lets bet then''

2 months later, Pioli sacked without even having played 1 Serie A match, lol, such a clown.

Understandable?

The transfers had little to do with Pioli' date=' some of which were already in place before he had actually arrived at the club. Not to mention the fact that Sean Sogliano has been buying to suit Zamparini's system, not Pioli's. If it were up to Pioli, Cassani and Nocerino would still be at the club. Two competitive games do not warrant a sacking. Particularly when he's playing a system he's unfamiliar with and doesn't exactly want to play, as he's acting as Zamparini's puppet. You could argue Zamparini is as much to blame for the Europa League exit. Zamaprini has just lost yet another good tactician.[/quote']

My bad, I meant Incomprehensible. Got confused when was thinking in Portuguese and writing and mentaly translating to English. Incompreensível=Incomprehensible and compreensível=understandable. My comment about transfers was directed to the club(as I said) and not to the coach.

Guest Daragh

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Ye lo' date=' but Delio Rossi rejected the offer, and he has my respect for that.

Anyway Here are Zamparini testual words, which he said the 6th June 2011:

2 months later, Pioli sacked without even having played 1 Serie A match, lol, such a clown.[/quote']

Yeah, I have a great deal of admiration for Rossi. Great coach, and I'm glad he's turned the job down. He's had to play second fiddle to Zamparini for the majority of his stay in Sicily, and he deserves better. At the start of the Summer, I was hoping we'd see him at Sampdoria this season, as was rumoured. Would have been an interesting move.

On another note, any idea what the odds are for a return for Cosmi? :P:D:p

Guest Daragh

My bad' date=' I meant Incomprehensible. Got confused when was thinking in Portuguese and writing and mentaly translating to English. [i']Incompreensível[/i]=Incomprehensible and compreensível=understandable. My comment about transfers was directed to the club(as I said) and not to the coach.

Oh right, cool. I agree with you :)

Your English is very impressive though!

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Yeah' date=' I have a great deal of admiration for Rossi. Great coach, and I'm glad he's turned the job down. He's had to play second fiddle to Zamparini for the majority of his stay in Sicily, and he deserves better. At the start of the Summer, I was hoping we'd see him at Sampdoria this season, as was rumoured. Would have been an interesting move.

On another note, any idea what the odds are for a return for Cosmi? :P:D:p[/quote']

hmm, if he comes back, i doubt he will stay for long :D, but that applies to anyone who decides to join Palermo :D.

I kind of see better Marino as palermos coach, as i think that he would mostly fit with teh current palermo players and formations.

Guest Daragh

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

hmm' date=' if he comes back, i doubt he will stay for long :D, but that applies to anyone who decides to join Palermo :D.

I kind of see better Marino as palermos coach, as i think that he would mostly fit with teh current palermo players and formations.[/quote']

:D

Good shout. As much as I have my doubts, I'd be fascinated to see how Donadoni would do. I would have my doubts as to whether the appointment would work, purely on the basis that I just can't see him responding too well to Zamparini's demands, especially when one of the demands include what system should be played. However, I've always liked Donadoni, and while he's had his critics, he really silenced them last season while at Cagliari. He's an intelligent coach who knows the game well, and can really bring the best out in players, while playing a decent brand of football.

14cqqs5.jpg

= 5.5 mil + 6 mil over 3 years for Aquilani.

Great business by Milan but was hoping to sign a big name. That was impossible really. Pastore was overpriced, Fabregas was only ever going to Barca. Balotelli was not needed. Montolivo is free from Jan onwards. Ganso wants to stay for world club cup and is likely to sign then at least. :D

UCL 2012 here we come.

Understandable. Club sold their best players and bought some less known players.. no one could resist to this and is with no surprise that they were knocked out of EL.

btw' date=' the best signing of Milan today, was a young Portuguese ;)[/quote']

Are you talking about Pele? How good is he? He's going straight on loan to Gubbio.

Also we gave up half the rights of a young defender we signed from Porto for free, Ricardo Ferreira. Is he well known?

Are you talking about Pele? How good is he? He's going straight on loan to Gubbio.

Also we gave up half the rights of a young defender we signed from Porto for free' date=' Ricardo Ferreira. Is he well known?[/quote']

Yeah, Pele done a good U20 for Portugal.. formed a good partnership with Danilo(Parma). He played almost all the WC at DM, although in the 2nd half of the WC final he played at RB and well.. he is powerful, have great physical ability and reads well the game. But I would prefer Danilo to him, specially because he is a threat in set pieces.

Don't know nothing about the CB.. :|

Football Italia claims that Montolivo will join Milan next season on a Bosman after already verbally agreeing terms to sign a 4 year contract at 3.5m a season. I do question how they figured out the actual agreed contract and wages.

Did find something entertaining to read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/831630-juventus-will-win-the-serie-a-this-year-and-the-champions-league-next-year

They probably should know Conte loves playing a 4-0-6 formation. :P

Can I have people's thoughts on Bologna's Alessandro Diamanti? Am I right in thinking he has just moved because I remember him joining another team with a B along with Daprela. He played really well at West Ham but haven't heard much from him in Italy as Serie A isn't my strongest league.

Can I have people's thoughts on Bologna's Alessandro Diamanti? Am I right in thinking he has just moved because I remember him joining another team with a B along with Daprela. He played really well at West Ham but haven't heard much from him in Italy as Serie A isn't my strongest league.

He joined Brescia the last summer' date=' but is now, as you said, at Bologna. Good player though, that's for sure. He'll add some more creativity to Bologna, who's, for the last couple of years, relied on Di Vaio's poaching. With Bologna having a strong trio consisting of Diamanti-Ramirez-Di Vaio, they should be able of being more capable of creating chances and scoring goals. As for Diamanti, I doubt he'll ever get a move to one of the finer clubs of Italy, but I can see him stagniating around a club like Palermo/Fiorentina at the very best. The competition at the biggest clubs of Italy is way to hard for him to handle and these Milan's and Inter's, who are looking to bring the CL trophy back home, will never ever look at him as a solution for an instrumental player - he just isn't that good. At the very best, he'll see European football through Europa League. I do rate him - a lot - that's got to be said.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/09/03/2648875/official-fenerbahce-sign-reto-ziegler-from-juventus-on-loan

And it's now official... ridiculous by Juve and especially Conte. He hasn't even been given a real chance by Conte, as Conte deem him as a non-matching player in his tactics. He was NEEDED. I grow frustrate when I see this Juve - so much potential - but they're being runied by muppets. Who are Juve going to rely on now if De Ceglie's out? Grosso? :rolleyes:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/09/03/2648875/official-fenerbahce-sign-reto-ziegler-from-juventus-on-loan

And it's now official... ridiculous by Juve and especially Conte. He hasn't even been given a real chance by Conte' date=' as Conte deem him as a non-matching player in his tactics. He was NEEDED. I grow frustrate when I see this Juve - so much potential - but they're being runied by muppets. Who are Juve going to rely on now if De Ceglie's out? Grosso? :rolleyes:[/quote']

That's surprise me honestly. I thought Ziegler's going to be the solution for left back position but now Conte seems don't put belief to him. Who'll play there anyway? De Ceglie? Grosso? or even Pepe? I don't think those 3 are better than Ziegler actually

Just wanted to drop by and say that Zarate will shine this season. He'll be given a much more offensive role in Gasperini's Inter than the role he had under Reja (and Ballardini) while he was serving at Lazio. He'll reach the form he enjoyed during his first season in Italy with Gasperini's offensive 3-4-1-2/3-4-3 style of play in comparison to Reja's/Ballardini's 4-5-1/4-2-3-1/3-4-1-2 thinking - you heard it here first. :)

^ I saw Zarate in press conference & he looks overweight' date=' he need to work on losing that first =D

and when is Calcio kick off? will everything be settled by next week?[/quote']

He'll do it, obviously. I just cannot see him lacking motivation when he's joined a club of Lazio's calibre. ;)

It'll kick-off this weekend.

Man Utd fans for you.

Some are okay. At my school, the majority are a bit like this, thinking that every team is worthless compared to them and anything to make them look bad is acceptable.

On a better note, Juve's lovely new stadium opens tonight, we're playing Notts County in some sort of testimonial game :)