Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

I'm talking about how they were near the relegation and they bounced back. I never said the call was right or if it was legit. I'm simply stating that They have come back from mediocrity at the start of the season which shows what a Team they are.

I'm italian and I watch every match of Serie A.

I can secure their comeback it's all about ref...

I love Bundes, Premier, Eredivise...just because italian Serie A is a scam.

Inter, Juventus and Milan divide the spoils year after year... Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina and Lazio will never win in those conditions...:rolleyes:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Welcome back Giuseppe Rossi! :)

On another note' date=' Inter Milan are absolute shambles of a team atm :P[/quote']

Leave it to a United fan to put a dig into other teams. I would love the day to see Man United have a 9th place finish. It would probably remove all the Cahones that some United Fans have about their team.

Leave it to a United fan to put a dig into other teams. I would love the day to see Man United have a 9th place finish. It would probably remove all the Cahones that some United Fans have about their team.

Just telling the truth, no need to get so but hurt...

Wth is 'Cahones' anyway :confused:

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

I'm italian and I watch every match of Serie A.

I can secure their comeback it's all about ref...

I love Bundes' date=' Premier, Eredivise...just because italian Serie A is a scam.

Inter, Juventus and Milan divide the spoils year after year... Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina and Lazio will never win in those conditions...:rolleyes:[/quote']

I'm not doubting that you do..

And their is no question about Berlusconis influence. However, I can't help but think Milan would never do that.

We divide the spoils? Have you seen us this year? I bet you that Inter will take 2-3 years before We can consider ourselves even contenders for CL places let alone Scudetto challengers. To be honest, I might even expect four or more years now that I think about it.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

I'm not doubting that you do..

And their is no question about Berlusconis influence. However' date=' I can't help but think Milan would never do that.

We divide the spoils? Have you seen us this year? I bet you that Inter will take 2-3 years before We can consider ourselves even contenders for CL places let alone Scudetto challengers. To be honest, I might even expect four or more years now that I think about it.[/quote']

Don't you remember about Inter in 2007/2010?

Juventus in 2003/2006?

Well... At least I hope De Laurentiis has some kind of back up plan, though I think he does.

Walter Mazzarri has announced that he will be leaving Napoli but he has no future plans in place as of yet.

The announcement comes on the back of a 2-1 defeat away to Roma as the Partenopei finished their season in defeat.

“I want to thank the fans, but I have ended my era here at Napoli,” confessed the 51-year-old coach.

Mazzarri was also keen to stress that this was not a spur of the moment action, “I had already made the decision some time ago. I thank the president and director Riccardo Bigon for trying to change my mind to the last minute.

“I had considered this last summer, which is why I turned down a contract extension, and that was a risk considering I did not know how this season would go.

“At this point I think it is only right to either change scenery or have some time off. If offers come in, then I will evaluate them. If I have the right adrenaline and motivation, then I’ll do it, otherwise I’ll stay at home.

“Out of respect for my club, I have not wanted to speak to any other side. Obviously my agent has been keeping an ear out, as I told him a year ago that I might consider a move.”

Mazzarri continued: “The lads have known me a long time and as Fabio Capello said in Italy it is tough to last longer than four or five years at a single club. I am convinced that if I had stayed longer, certain members of the team would not have felt the same motivation.”

The former Sampdoria tactician is proud of his achievements in Naples though, saying: “I am truly happy with what I have achieved with the resources given to me. Naples is a wonderful place and the fans are the true soul of this club, but I wanted a new challenge.

“My only objective was to take Napoli as high as possible. From tomorrow I will evaluate my future and consider and if there are any, the offers that present themselves.”

In a slight twist to tradition, Aurelio De Laurentiis has also announced that the new Partenopei boss will be revealed on the social networking site, Twitter with Roberto Di Matteo and Rafael Benitez two names linked to the position.

Mazzarri is a great coach, and will be missed, no matter what I think his weaknesses are.

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Last 3 matches:

Fiorentina - Roma (0-1):

Penalty for Fiorentina (De Rossi stop the ball with an arm) and ref didn't see it...

Milan - Roma (0-0):

Penalty for Roma (Constant-Lamela) and ref didn't see it...

Siena - Milan (1-2):

Penalty for Siena and the ref didn't see it...

Penalty for Milan was simply invented.

Milan class?!

Berlusconi rules :D

I know Roma hate Milan and there is a rivalry, but I never found the reason out. Just because the south-north thing? Anyway, I'm an honest person and I look at all the cases and facts, unlike yourself.

If you truly believe that it was a foul on Lamela, it's useless debating with you because it was such tiny contact and after he got the ball. It's never a penalty.

Milan are on the end of bad calls all the time too. Ambrosini today got a red card, for two tackles where he got the ball. The free kick Siena scored today was never a foul. I believe referees make calls like the Balotelli penalty because he knows he has made mistakes in the game against the team. Ambrosini is pulling the shirt of the player, like you mentioned but it happens all the time and is never given in Italy but yes it's a penalty imo but if he gives it all refs have to and need to. We had an offside incorrectly given when we were one-on-one too.

If we are paying referees explain last season. We paid the ref to miss the ball going a couple feet into the net against our title rivals Juventus? You recall? Muntari's goal? Or the other goal which was not "seen" in another game with Robinho? Or the countless Juventus offside goals last season? Or the Pirlo goal where none of the ball went over the line, when you need all of it to do so. Chiellini or Barzagli escaping any ban, when they elbowed a player to the face yet Ibra did for a tiny slap, which barely scraped the players face.

Moan more about things which we know are certain, which do not help the Italian game. Like racism. Your Roma proved to be amazing at their racist chants ;)

Also it was beautiful to see the Roma legend Totti elbow Mexes too, right? Should we be proud of this? Or De Rossi's shameful dive last week? And it's not the first time Totti has proven to be an idiot. Remember against Balotelli when he was at Inter?

The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season

Inter_FC-logo-A600D6151E-seeklogo.com.gif

This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever watched in the Serie A for Inter. In the end, We finished 9th place with 54 points which doesn't even provide us a European Spot. What can I say? Their was a great myriad of factors that caused Inter to finish how they finished. Needless to say, Let's look at all the aspects.

The Amazing

Their is no competition for who POTY is. It is none other than Samir Handanovic. This guy bossed his net, and literally won us games by himself. Their were games where We were losing by 2 goals and you could tell if Samir want in net, We would've probably lost by 4. It's unfortunate that He had to play with such a lack luster defense in front of him. This guy literally saved us so many times, that it is no wonder that Barca is interested in him. If Inter want to go back to their former glory, Handanovic is a must keep. Handanovic has the hands of God!

The Good

Our start at the beginning of the season was great. At one point , Inter was second place and looked to be even Scudetto contenders when We beat Juve on the 3rd of Novermber. Needless to say after that match, It all fell apart. If we can recapture the form we had in the beggining of the season, Inter can easily become a force yet again. A myriad of injuries really killed us this year. Up to the Juve game, We had only lost two games. After the Juve game, We had 14 losses in our remaining 27 games which included 6 ties as well.

Rodrigo Palacio: Palacio was easily one of our top performers this season. He killed it for us in Europa League and put up decent numbers for us in the Serie A. He missed quite a few games due to his Muscular problems but whenever he was on the pitch , He was a threat. I'd love to see him stay with us for another season, and I think if He had played all 38 games instead of 26, He would've at least gotten 16-20 goals.

Milito: Diego had another great season with 9 goals in 20 games which is what everyone can come to expect each season from him. Milito missed 18 games for us this season and I'd have to admit, He is one of the biggest factors that We didn't go above our 9th place finish. Milito doesn't just offer goals and finishing but he's terrific when it comes to the link up play , and He's the purest target man and striker We have on the team. 9 goals and 5 assists in 20 games is a very respectable total for Milito. He was sensational in our game against Juventus with his two goals and assist. Unfortunately, He suffered a terrible ligament injury so It remains to be seen if He can continue playing at the high level We are accustomed to.

Juan Jesus: Jesus really broke out this season ,and was snesational in the beggining of the season. He still has issues when it comes to cards but it was his first full season in the Serie A. I look forward to Jesus being a starter for us in the future. He's got good awareness, pace, and has a knack at bailing us out.

Mateo Kovacic: Kovacic was a great buy by Inter management,. Je's really impressed me with his dribbling, vision, and creativity. It's uncertain if He'll play more as a regist, or as the trequartista. Under Strama , He's played more as a regista, but Strama might not be with us next year. Watch out for Kova next season is his first full season in the Serie A.

Javier Zanetti: Can't say He was bad, and I felt he did all he could for his team. He played like a true captain and played in a variety of positions for Inter this season which included : RB, CM, DM, LM, and RM. You can't expect Zanetti to go all out even though he's a legend. But, he gave us solid protection whenever he played and never complained. It was also very satisfying to see Zanetti break more and more records.

The Okay

I'd say Guarin had a good start in the beginning of the season up to January. During that time, Guarin was such a ball of energy, strength, pace, and was great attacking wise for us. The problem with Guarin is that he has a tendency to take unnecessary long shots and doesn't have the best passing completion rate. Some rumours suggest Guarin may leave us to Spurs for 20 million.

We also saw glimpses of what Alvarez can do when He wants to perform. In the Catania game , He was splendid, and even the Atalanta game, He was great. The problem with Alvarez is that He is inconsistent and can't demonstrate that form week in and week out. I've been impressed with him though as I used to think eh was utter trash. He's really changed my opinion on him. He's got great feet but the problem has always been his inconsistency and his pace.

Naga was okay in the beginning as well as Rannochia, Cassano, and Cambiasso. Samuel was very good for us as well as his first eight games he played, We won all of them.

The Bad

Christian Chivu: It's a bit unfair to label him as a bad player as He had injury troubles this season. However, whenever I watched Chivu, He was shaky and was very unconvincing at the back. I think It's best if this season was his last as I would rather see us bring up talent then play Chivu now.

Alvaro Pereira: I'm not going to lie, He was absolutely brutal at the beggining of the season. He committed stupid fouls, was slow, lacked awareness, and was bad going forward. I still don't think He's good even though He has improved at the ned of the season. It was his first full season in the Serie A so I might be a bit too harsh. I'd give him one more season with us.

Ezequiel Schelotto: He is actually very useless, and is not someone I want to see. I honestly don't know why Inter wanted him in the first place. If anything, I would have rather kept Livaja. Livaja is younger and more promising and He could have been a striker for us as well when we were short on strikers. Not to mention, Livaja was great in the EL and produced better stats than Schello in less minutes and less games.

Johnathon: He makes the most silliest of blunders at times. To be honest, I don't think He is that bad but his proficiency at making mistakes is what dooms us. I'd like to see him out.

Gargano: He was not up to his standards this season. He seemed to always make mistakes and was always easily taken out by an offensive player. His passing was not very good, and He didn't give our defense the best of protection. I still think He's a good player and that He was great in the beginning with us. But, I don't think he was good this season. To be honest, none of our holding midfielders were good except maybe Cambiasso.

Rocchi: He hasn't performed bad in fact He's scored 3 goals in his last 7 games. I'd also like to congratulate him on passing 100 goals. The bad thing about Rocchi this season is why We signed him in the first place? Their were plenty of other strikers We could have signed but instead We chose Rocchi. Thank God, Rocchi actually produced because if He hadn't, I would've been livid.

Defense: Our defense lacked any organization and always seemed to have holes in them. If a team ever played Counter attack on us , We were bound to be taught a lesson. I've never seen a more unconvincing defense than this season from Inter. In the start, We were actually pretty good as a defensive unit. However, We fell apart after the Juve game, and we never improved after that,. it didn't help with the fact that Samuel got injured, and that We played Chivu, Pereria, and Johnathon.

Structure: We lacked structure whenever we played and we seemed very disorganized. Our players also seemed to be tactically unaware or responsible. That being said, I think it was Strama's fault. It is his respobnsiblity to organize the team, and let's face it, Inter was a mess.

Offensively: With Milito's injury , We never played with a true big man up top. This kind of killed our offensive game, and We seemed to be chucking up balls up top to whoever was there. We honestly did not have any linking at times and lacked any fluency.

Selling Coutinho: I have never been more mad at Inter management when they sold Coutinho. I'm pretty sure many people knew how big of a fan I was of him and when it was announced Inter were looking to sell him I was livid. We never gave him any chances, and now look what Coutinho has been doing in the EPL. He has been putting up good performances for Pool, and been a creative spark. Whenever, Inter have lacked any creativity, I have thought of Coutinho. He haunts my dreams, and this is yet another player Inter have sold and performed great for another club.

Matias Silvestre: Don't get me started on this guy. He was brutal and I don't want to see him in an Inter shirt. Unfortunately, We may have to buy him permanently due to the loan contract and agreement we have with Palermo.

The Ugly

The Sneijder Situation: It was very uncomfortable between Sneijder and Inter management this season. In the end, Sneijder was sold to Galatasaray. I would say It was kind of bad as We didn't really replace Sneijder with an experienced play maker. Additionally,. We sold Coutinho in the same transfer window so Inter were basically selling two of their more creative players. It was a sad day to see Sneijder leave, but He wasn't performing for us. I just wish We could have went into the market buying an experienced play maker to help us. Kovacic was great buy but you can't expect him to come into a different league at once and help replace the creativity of Coutinho and Sneijder.

The Cassano Situation: The whole bust up between Cassano and Strama was a bit too uncomfortable as well. No player and coach should ever bust up but it inevitably happened. I mean, It's Cassano so what can you say? You'd expect these things from him.

Injuries: Before people start criticizing Inter's performances this season, You need to take a look at Inter's injury record. We had 9 starters out at one point in the season for an extended period of time so We were basically playing our second team. Milito's injury really killed us this year and He is honestly so influential on the team. Zanetti's injury is a huge scare as We don't know if He'll play at the same level again. Naga's injury was huge as it forced us to play Pereira ,Johnathon, or Chivu. Naga was vital when it came to giving us width and another attacking threat. At one point, all our strikers were injured that We had to play Alvarez and Guarin as our strikers. So, fellow forumers, Inter was a hospital this season. Not to mention, Cassano has injury troubles and He was our only creative palyer at one point due to us selling Cou and Sneijder. Gargano was injured for the last 6 games of the Serie A season so We had even less protection for our defenders, if any. Joel Obi was basically gone for the whole season which stunted his development.

The whole John Carew Situation: Why? How did his name even come up? I really don't want to expand but you know what I mean. We were linked to big John Carew. Talk about being desperate.

I think We could put our defence under ugly to be honest.

What can we expect next season?

Well, Inter's season again was probably the most frustrating that I have ever witnessed as a fan of the club. So, what can we expect?

Continued Growth: I'd like to see Kovacic and Juan Jesus continue to grow as players. Juan has the makings of a top CB, and Kovacic has the whole world ahead of him. I can't wait to see how next season will pan out for them.

More youths: I think more and more youths will start being played. Players like Benassi, Pasa, Bardi, Mbaye, and Duncan might get some time with the first team. It's crucial that We start introducing more and more youth into the team. Inter's downfall has been the inability to play and trust in youths.

The Old Guard shifted out: It's time that Inter need to start to stop playing or relying on some players. Chivu, Stankovic, Castellazzi, Rocchi, and Cassano all need to go. I'd like to see Zanetti , Samuel, and Cambiasso stay with us at the club for one more season.

New Faces: I think We can expect new faces to come over to Inter next season. Campagnaro looks set to become an Inter player already and It looks like Icardi will indeed join us as a player next year. Ruben Botta looks like He'll also join us next year. Rumours also include Alejandro Gomez, Alessio Cerci, Paulinho and etc. Martin Montoya has been also linked as another player that has been linked with us. Others include Nainggolan, Diamanti,Sanchez, Ibarbo, Quintero, and etc.

New Coach: I think Strama might be fired due to his lack luster performances. Although Inter has had it's injury troubles, the squad always seemed so disjointed and not tactically skilled when they were on the pitch. Mazzari seems to be strongly linked to us.

702612_FC_Internazionale.jpg

This was my realistic team that I posted on the Inter forum. I can't see Diamanti wanting to join us now. Botta should also be on the formation sheet. The bench would include Cambiasso, Smauel, Rano, Pereira ,Alvarez, Obi, Benassi, and Icardi and Milito would split time. Nainngolan might not be realistic anymore as well so Gargano might be there instead.

We should give Icardi all the firepower and ammunition He can get. Diamanti, Cerci, Gomez, and Kovacic would provide so much to Icardi and Milito that We shouldn't be worried. I never rated Rannochia and I think he's a bit to slow for my liking. Camapgnaro would provide us with great experience, a faster center back, and one who can play as a RB and also in a 3 man defensive formation.

In short Inter's problems were the amount of old players who have no hunger any more. Winning the UCL would've been a good way for everyone to have parted ways then.

They had a manager who had no experience and seemed confused. He couldn't motivate his team or even make them hard to break down.

16 defeats and the 2nd worst defence in Serie A.

Mazzari is a great motivator and has experience but he apparently doesn't show faith to younger players. But I think if he was coach this season, Inter would've finished 4th. I could see Lavezzi going to Inter if he goes there too.

How did Kuzmanovic from Stuttgart go?

I don't think He's really that good. I'd rather play Benassi than him to give Benassi more experience. I think Inter needs to promote Alfred Duncan and him to the first team. Duncan's been getting plenty of experience with Livorno in Serie B and He is a defensive mdifielder and not a deep lying playmaker. I'd like to see us get someone more stricly defensive.

I'm telling you guys right now: Benassi+ Kova+ Duncan will be a formidable trio in two years time.

(If Inter doesn't sell them, and actually plays them :P)

Btw guys, apparently Branca, our technical director has been seen with Mazzari.

In short Inter's problems were the amount of old players who have no hunger any more. Winning the UCL would've been a good way for everyone to have parted ways then.

They had a manager who had no experience and seemed confused. He couldn't motivate his team or even make them hard to break down.

16 defeats and the 2nd worst defence in Serie A.

Mazzari is a great motivator and has experience but he apparently doesn't show faith to younger players. But I think if he was coach this season' date=' Inter would've finished 4th. I could see Lavezzi going to Inter if he goes there too.[/quote']

Injuries as well. Alot of injuries killed us this season.

cracking read Geoffrey, can liken Inter to Liverpool, you have some bright talent in the ranks, and Icardi coming in.

Cheers for Couts though...just wow. see his strike on Sunday? kids got it all.

'Transistion' & 'Project' are very much the buzz words in England over a clubs situation like this....

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Siena vs Milan was the epitome of why Serie A is dwindling. I would not complain about losing the CL spot to Milan when we could have done better to make sure we were on top of them. But the fact remains that they have some referees who really crumble under pressure when in fact the only requirement of a referee or a judge or anybody who makes a ruling is to be cool headed. Bergonzi messed up that fixture full stop. Milan did not deserve to beat Siena the way they played full stop.

I do root for everything Italian when it comes to football. Hell I was biting my fingers when Balotelli scored against the Germans in the Euros. We all forgive his idiocy time and again expecting the likes of him to spearhead the Serie A back to the top of the game. But yesterday was a victory of scam over football when you see Balotelli the tough guy falling at every minor contact. Football is a contact sport after all. Then when things became desperate you start seeing men crack like little boys, whining and diving as if newborns cry for their mother's breast. I do not single out Balotelli since he was joined by many of his teammates in their effort to coy with Bergonzi.

The whole thing just seems like scripted. Even the De Rossi handball and the fact that someone has the audacity to do that and get away with it not even off-field punishments. Wherever there is lack of fairness, crooks and lesser men flourish as opposed to real talent. No surprise Italy has 3 spots in the CL. I would not even be surprised if in 5 year's time they have only 2 spots in CL. That is because we will see this Milan side make a fool of itself in CL where there are no Bergonzis and Tagliaventos refereeing next year. Then Fiorentina and Udinese will of course play second string sides in Europa League where we get nothing in way of financial reward anyway.

The vicious circle should be followed by further drop in the coefficient. Look at how the French and Portuguese clubs are faring. Then there will be a point where Italy will be relegated to a third tier European league status. Maybe that is where it should be, given the state of its economy and the attitude towards fairness. Racism is only the tip of the iceberg. If you are made to feel less because someone else abused you racially like Balotelli, KPB and many other footballers do, you do accept that you are a lesser mortal deep down. By the same logic, maybe you should be abused after all.