Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Roma lost home game against Cagliari 1-2, will it be another dramatic season for Roma?

Juve & Napoli did great this week, the ball goes through Juve midfielders so smoothly.. and cool touch by Vidal when scoring.

Gallopa & Giovinco didn't stand a chance.

I like how Inler is fitting in Napoli now, I've always wanted a better team for him =)

Good game by Roma - such a shame they couldn't care of their chances though! I reckon Pjanic will be a success for them. He had such a good game in my opinion, and if only Borriello wouldn't have spoiled that opportunity that came up as a result of Pjanic stick-in and Borini's goal would have been allowed, then maybe Roma would have secured three points. :o

By the look of things, I believe this Luis-Enrique-project will be a success. They had the game in their hands, if it just weren't for some vital mistakes (Angel's namely), the result wouldn't have been 0-2. Some elements need to be fixed, but I reckon it's just a matter of acklitimization from the players that's causing these minor problems (they aren't fully gelled yet). When they've gelled though, this team could cause an upset (and I hope they do so - I love this young gun team :D).

What an indiscipline team Inter are. Samuel was fortunate to stay on the pitch and overall they've been very rash.

Palermo 3-2 at the moment.

Palermo 4-2.

Milito

Milito

Miccoli

Hernandez

Miccoli

Pinilla

Quite content with Milan's draw with Lazio now, after Inter and Roma both lost (well, almost certainty for Inter now) :D

What an absolute amazing game. Palermo 4-3 Inter. My man of the match is easily Miccoli. What a game he had. 2 goals and an assist. Not too mention his brilliant work ethic.

:eek:

The score changes everytime I check! Oh well, they still lost. :D

Btw, is there any reason that Sneijder started as a sub? And what formation were the Nerazzuri playing?

:eek:

The score changes everytime I check! Oh well' date=' they still lost. :D

Btw, is there any reason that Sneijder started as a sub? And what formation were the Nerazzuri playing?[/quote']

Sneijder really didn't fit in the 3-4-3 which seemed to change to a 3-4-2-1 formation at the start with Forlan and Zarate behind Milito. Which then became more suitable for Sneijder and with Zarate not adapting, was an easy sub.

Sneijder really didn't fit in the 3-4-3 which seemed to change to a 3-4-2-1 formation at the start with Forlan and Zarate behind Milito. Which then became more suitable for Sneijder and with Zarate not adapting' date=' was an easy sub.[/quote']

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask: was there any specific reason for Zarate's sub (ie injury) or was he just not playing well?

Now you've answered thought. :P I think (and fear) that Zarate will come good for Inter, though. B)

Oh yeah' date=' I forgot to ask: was there any specific reason for Zarate's sub (ie injury) or was he just not playing well?

Now you've answered thought. :P I think (and fear) that Zarate will come good for Inter, though. B)[/quote']

I agree, only if they change it up. 3 defenders of Lucio, Samuel and Zarate won't work. They were killed by the counter attack of Palermo. Going back to what worked for Inter is the only way they're going to not struggle for even a CL spot. Don't think Ranocchia's good enough to come in over one of the 3 either and really change it up.

Also, didn't know much about Tzorvas but he's got some great safe hands. Not going to miss Sirigu all that much.

Hey Napoli' date=' what did you make of Dzemaili''s performance? Do you think he's good enough for your champions league games also?[/quote']

I was quite happy with his and Inler's performance. Is he better then Gargano? I don't think so and I'd prefer Gargano and Inler to face City. However I can see him starting over Gargano and he and Inler could make a great partnership. They do it for Swizterland so all in all, I am happy with him starting our CL games as well.

How stable are Totti's and Klose's ratings? Are they gonna drop? And out of the two' date=' who is the safer bet. :P:o[/quote']

Initial thoughts ( from the last month lol ).

Klose - scored on his debut - could easily and most probably will keep his rating.

Totti - depends on how the situation with Roma pans out imo. IF he is going to play regularly AND Roma improve dramatically then he MIGHT stay. However with Roma's disastrous start and the situation with Totti at present it would not surprise me if he dropped by a notch or even two ( worst case scenario - I can foresee a -1 thougth imo ).

Where was Taiwo for AC Milan on the w.e.??? :confused:

He didn't even make the bench!? :(:o

Is he injured or was he rested for CL game against Barca??

I thought he'd be Milan's starting LB this season. Am I wrong?? :eek::rolleyes:

Cheers in advance for any replies and info.

Herby

I'm pretty sure he's inured. It's a pretty bad one if I recall correctly.

Just checked: It was a 1 month injury that he picked up on Int'l duty in the middle of August, so if the reports are true, he should be back in 2 or 3 weeks. :) He will be the first-choice LB I'd think, ahead of Antonini (and Zambrotta).

EDIT - I misread, he picked it up in the Berlusconi trophy, which caused him to miss an NT game! :o