Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

To everyone that says that cavani isnt much.

Well' date=' go watch his latest games, withou him Napoli wouldnt be anywhere near where are they now.

His goal vs Lecce is Genious.[/quote']

I don't what I can say about this - Cavani is the best striker (= centretank, and not a winger/striker like Ronaldo and Messi) in the world right now, in my opinion. He has showed his worth both out in Europe and in Serie A. I know I am saying some strong words, but his development over this past year is crazy. I don't really have words for it. Cavani is like the footballing god, to be honest. That's the best way to describe how he is playing at the moment. It may sound ridculous, but it's true.

To everyone that says that cavani isnt much.

Well' date=' go watch his latest games, withou him Napoli wouldnt be anywhere near where are they now.

His goal vs Lecce is Genious.[/quote']

The most watched video in 2 days its been posted lol , shows how good a goal it is.

lUC2MFIqq1o&feature=topvideos

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Well, Gasparin is now gone as the General manager of Sampdoria. Personally, I think this is the right decision by Garrone. Gasparin didn't do anything during the summer. I am familiar with the fact that Sampdoria didn't want to spend anything on new players if they wouldn't make it to the CL, but still, one or two newcomers for a lower fee wouldn't be bad? In my opinion, he should have taken some of the South Americans scouts at Udinese with him to Sampdoria. If he'd to that, I'm sure we would have been some relevations at Sampdoria this season, who also came for a low fee to the club. Gasparin don't have any routine of sitting at the board of a bigger club in the past, which I think caught him at the end now, which the Garrone also realised in the end.

Also, Ronaldinho has appareantly agreed a contract with Gremio and now only Gremio and Milan needs to agree about the fee. I do think Milan will let go off him easily, as his contract runs out this upcoming summer and he sitting on a big, fat contract without playing-time. It's a shame to see Dinho leave Milan, as he is my favourite player. Hopefully he'll win the Copa Libertadores and the Brazilian league, which is his main intension with the return to Brazil.

Benitez fired, as Moratti don't want to spend moneys on four new players this winter, which is what Benitez wanted. As I've said on several threads around here: the thing that laid down to the troubles Rafa had with Inter, was beacuse of the high back-four he wanted to play.

This quote, from the CL thread on this forum (posted by me, of course) sums up what I'm trying to say;

Inter has never really played with such a high backbone as Rafa has now been introducing. Under Mourinho, Inter played with a very low backbone, which is one of the main reasons we saw not the fastest defenders in Chivu and Samuel earn a regular place under Mourinho and Cordoba, who is one of the fastest defenders in Europe, not earning one (despite beeing a somewhat regular player those years before Mourinho). Some of Inter's players aren't players who should play in such a high backline, as they aren't that speedy (although Lucio and Maicon should handle it well). The fact that these players aren't exactly so used to this method Rafa prefers, may be the reason Bale was so dominant and Inter has been playing so bad this season.

Also, under Rafa's era at Inter, there were an awful lot of muscle releated injuries that hit the players. This same thing happened to a lot of Liverpool player, aswell... Shouldn't Rafa by now realise that he needs to change his work- and training-formate...?

Benitez fired' date=' as Moratti don't want to spend moneys on four new players this winter, which is what Benitez wanted. As I've said on several threads around here: the thing that laid down to the troubles Rafa had with Inter, was beacuse of the high back-four he wanted to play.

This quote, from the CL thread on this forum (posted by me, of course) sums up what I'm trying to say;

Also, under Rafa's era at Inter, there were an awful lot of muscle releated injuries that hit the players. This same thing happened to a lot of Liverpool player, aswell... Shouldn't Rafa by now realise that he needs to change his work- and training-formate...?[/quote']

Rafa Benitez is a very kind and nice person, someone you would like to be friends with, but imo an awful coach and trainer.

Its not easy to change style, its like asking a person to change its personality.

This might sound stupid but imo Benitez would be suited for a team of young players, because he doesnt know how to manage players with a certain age, and imo thats another reason many players are getting injured at internazionale.

Rumors (media reports about it aswell) in Italy are saying that Genoa and Parma have made the first January deal in Serie A. Antonelli and the 50% Parma owns of Paloschi are beeing sold to Genoa, with Genoa giving Modesto and the 50% Genoa owns of Palladino (which is given in a direct swap for Paloschi) + 7M €.

Personally, I am just curious about how it will work out for Criscito now, as Antonelli is to good to his the bench (Criscito is it aswell). Rumors this years have been saying Criscito might return to Juventus, but Bayern Munchen and Milan are apperantly interested in his services aswell. If he were about to move, I think Bayern will be the club he'll go to. Beckenbauer, Nerlinger and Hoeness have said that Bayern will spend big during January. They didn't spend so big during the summer, as Van Gaal wanted to let the Academy players of Bayern get chances. During the eastern, many injuries hit Bayern, and some Academy players were given a shot. They didn't do good, but as Bayern has been performing woeful and not been coming up to the standard we are expected to see them, it is only fully natural that the board wants to spend moneys in January. They are the biggest club in Germany, they've got the biggest incomes and outcomes in Germany, they've got the best (individual) players, so it's kind of humiliating for them to sit 14 points (and on a 5th place) behind the leaders of the Bundesliga, Borussia Dortmund. The only person who stands in their wishes is no more than the coach, Van Gaal. It will be vice-versa from the whole Moratti-Benitez triology, I think. I think the board of Bayern will spend ''behind Van Gaal's back'' and to be honest, really don't give a thought about what Van Gaal thinks about the newcomers. It may happen that Van Gaal gets so angry and frustrated that he decides to leave Bayern, who knows?

Anyway, Criscito has been rumored in the past to join them and although Pranjic has been playing relatively well and Contento is a big talent, I think Criscito will sooner or later join them. Preziozi has in the past said that everyone in Genoa - bar Marco Rossi - has an asking price. Preziozi has also said that he is willing to sell Criscito for 12M €, which is a bargain fee, in my opinion. Criscito is young, only 23, already established himself in the Italian NT, in Serie A aswell and he is like the Italian version of Lizarazu, who is a Bayern legend. I'm sure he'd be a good choice for Bayern. Infact, I think he'd be the perfect choice.

Back to Serie A, though. Antonelli would be the ideal replacement. He is very good at defending, but still, he isn't afraid of attacking. The only problem is that he will have to work over a bigger area than what he has done so far this season. However, last season, Parma play a 3-5-2 formation, which is quite similiar to Genoa's 3-4-3, so I think Antonelli shouldn't have problems to acklimatize himself to Genoa's and Ballardini's thinking. Hopefully, he won't get replaced a la Preziozi style in the summer by a bigger name, as Antonelli's potential is very huge and I think that he'll be a Gli Azzuri regular one day, he definately posseses the talent for that, no doubt. I always thought he'd join Juventus the next season, as he deserves to play for such a big club, but most importantly, he'd fit their plans. Juventus have always tried to buy young, promising, Italian players. Antonelli would match that criteria perfectly, and as insane this may sound, but if Antonelli were to join a bigger club, he'd be in more ''safe hands'' of developing than at Genoa.

Andrea Ranocchia - Practically done for Inter. According to his father and the Genoa president, Preziozi, Ranocchia yesterday packed all his stuff and is ready to move to Milano. Inter bought 50% last summer and they were expected to buy the remaining 50% this upcoming summer, but as Samuel hit himself with a season-long injury and players such as Materazzi and Cordoba do better as reserves (at least Materazzi), Inter bought the remaining half now, for €12 millions.

I can only see him doing great, to be honest. Ranocchia has showed everyone that he isn't a one season wonder by taking the step from a 4 man backbone in Bari to the 3 man backbone of Genoa. Also, Genoa are playing the most attacking football perhaps in Italy (alongside Palermo, in my opinion) and they play with 3-mens defence aswell, which Ranocchia during his professional career never has been doing. Still, in such an attacking team with only 3 defenders and thus, the spaces between the players could prove to be gigantic, Ranocchia has never failed to exelled and impress. This season, he has been the best performer at Genoa and in my opinion, the best defensive player who isn't playing for one of the top 4 clubs.

Inter has the future leader of Gli Azzuri now, right in their hands. I hope he earns a regular place the next season, aswell, as he is way to good to sit on the bench (not to mention that it would hinder his development). I hope he take a starting place in the national team through playing for Inter, too. He is better than Bonucci, in my opinion. The only way that could stand in the way of taking a place over Bonucci is the fact that Bonucci and Chiellini knows each other quite well from Juventus, and they have proved that they can play well together. Perhaps Prandelli doesn't want to ''destroy'' this.

Also, Robinho missed the flight yesterday to Milan's training session in Dubai. Now what could that be a result of? Did he sleep throughtout the day? Wasn't he bothered enough? Sick? Anyway, he gave Cassano a golden opportunity to regain a starting place over him...

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

Andrea Ranocchia - Practically done for Inter. According to his father and the Genoa president' date=' Preziozi, Ranocchia yesterday packed all his stuff and is ready to move to Milano. Inter bought 50% last summer and they were expected to buy the remaining 50% this upcoming summer, but as Samuel hit himself with a season-long injury and players such as Materazzi and Cordoba do better as reserves (at least Materazzi), Inter bought the remaining half now, for €12 millions.

I can only see him doing great, to be honest. Ranocchia has showed everyone that he isn't a one season wonder by taking the step from a 4 man backbone in Bari to the 3 man backbone of Genoa. Also, Genoa are playing the most attacking football perhaps in Italy (alongside Palermo, in my opinion) and they play with 3-mens defence aswell, which Ranocchia during his professional career never has been doing. Still, in such an attacking team with only 3 defenders and thus, the spaces between the players could prove to be gigantic, Ranocchia has never failed to exelled and impress. This season, he has been the best performer at Genoa and in my opinion, the best defensive player who isn't playing for one of the top 4 clubs.

Inter has the future leader of Gli Azzuri now, right in their hands. I hope he earns a regular place the next season, aswell, as he is way to good to sit on the bench (not to mention that it would hinder his development). I hope he take a starting place in the national team through playing for Inter, too. He is better than Bonucci, in my opinion. The only way that could stand in the way of taking a place over Bonucci is the fact that Bonucci and Chiellini knows each other quite well from Juventus, and they have proved that they can play well together. Perhaps Prandelli doesn't want to ''destroy'' this.

Also, Robinho missed the flight yesterday to Milan's training session in Dubai. Now what could that be a result of? Did he sleep throughtout the day? Wasn't he bothered enough? Sick? Anyway, he gave Cassano a golden opportunity to regain a starting place over him...[/quote']

ABSURD.One of the worst deal.Ranocchia is only a good player not one of the best CB.25 million for him? It's a joke:rolleyes:

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

ABSURD.One of the worst deal.Ranocchia is only a good player not one of the best CB.25 million for him? It's a joke:rolleyes:

Worst? Are you joking?

Paying that amount of sum might have been over-paying - for now. In the future, I'm sure he'll be worth 2x that sum. Besides, Moratti has got funds availble as he didn't spend so much during the summer and Inter aren't exactly in the worst financial dept, having won 4 titles in one year gives you A LOT of cash. Inter earned so much moneys through advancing so far in the CL (not to mention the prize money for winning it) and the television rights in Italy per season is €900 millions - with Inter earning the biggest chunk. Inter aren't exactly bleeding by this deal to put it simple. Now over-paying is what Real Madrid has done in the past (and now under Mourinho, perhaps) - just look at the Drenthe deal...

Eric Lamela joins Milan.

Erik-Lamela.jpg

Milan and River found a deal for the young talented midfielder.

Milan will pay River 12 mil for Lamela, but the player will join his new team only in June, because Milan already used their Non-Eu spot this season.

Lamela is said to be the New Kaka, lets hope that will ecome truth, cuz i have him in almost all my teams ;)

Eric Lamela joins Milan.

Erik-Lamela.jpg

Milan and River found a deal for the young talented midfielder.

Milan will pay River 12 mil for Lamela' date=' but the player will join his new team only in June, because Milan already used their Non-Eu spot this season.

Lamela is said to be the New Kaka, lets hope that will ecome truth, cuz i have him in almost all my teams ;)[/b']

I haven't heard any reports about this, but I take your word for it ;)

No wonder why Braida has been in Argentina at several occasions this eastern/winter. Hopefully, Lamela isn't the only one who'll join Milan this upcoming summer from Argentina.

I haven't heard any reports about this' date=' but I take your word for it ;)

No wonder why Braida has been in Argentina at several occasions this eastern/winter. Hopefully, Lamela isn't the only one who'll join Milan this upcoming summer from Argentina.[/quote']

Isnt 12 mill alot for an unproven youngster like him?

Isnt 12 mill alot for an unproven youngster like him?

Yeah, it perhaps might be. I don't think Berlusconi is willing to pay that amount of sum when he didn't even want to pay €2.25 million to Real Madrid when we acquired Cassano (there was a clause in Cassano's contract with Sampdoria saying that Real Madrid would earn a some millions if Cassano ever moved away from Sampdoria).

Yeah' date=' it perhaps might be. I don't think Berlusconi is willing to pay that amount of sum when he didn't even want to pay €2.25 million to Real Madrid when we acquired Cassano (there was a clause in Cassano's contract with Sampdoria saying that Real Madrid would earn a some millions if Cassano ever moved away from Sampdoria).[/quote']

Well, Pato was payed much more, and he had about the same age Lamela has now, Pato of course proved himself more tha Lamela, but still, if he will really be able to do what he was bought for, im pretty sure those 12 mil will not seem that much, if Lamela will have the same impact Pato had when he arrived, im pretty sure that 12 mil will be considered as a bargain.

Well, I hope Fiorentina goes for some bigger names this January, to be honest. They need a new striker and a new defensive midfielder. Reportedly, Corvino has been given a decent amount of sum to repair what's been damaging.

I do hope he tries to go for a defensive midfielder who is as good as Donadel or even better. Perhaps Sissoko at Juventus would be an option. His value is somewhere around the €8 million mark and with the fact that Corvino hasn't been making any big spendings these past 3 or 4 transfer-windows, must mean that the Dalla Valle's are sitting on a overwhelming, non-used transfer-budget. Hopefully, Fiorentina doesn't decide to scout a player from South America or any other continent or nation, as those signings could prove to be risky, in my opinion. They're not exactly what they need in this situation they are in at the moment. Albeit they've done some good signings thanks to Corvino's special eye for talented players, there's been some flops these recent years as well. Bolatti, who is originally a great player in my opinion, is one of them, for instance. Fiorentina needs players with routine from Serie A and playing in Europe. They need somone who it doesn't take a long time to acklimatize into the country and the league, as they need players who can lift them further up the table and to the league position I can see them aiming for (the European places). That's where I think Sissoko fits the bill. He has routine from Serie A, from playing out Europe and he has proven in the past that he is a great ball winner. However, he may not have been in the best shape after that long-term injury that hit him back in the 08/09 season, but that could be blamed on the fact that Juve hasn't been using him regulary after that, too. Juve wants to get rid of him, that's a fact, and I hope Fiorentina takes a bit of gamble on him, as he'd fits their bell precisely (a great ball winner, tackler and a player who could actually be able of challenging or take a starting place away from Donadel, which Bolatti has failed to do).

I hope Fiorentina also goes for a Vice-Gila. They don't have anyone at the moment bar Babacar (but we can't expect such a young player to make an impact game after game at the moment). Fiorentina has tried to snatch up Bianchi from Torino, but he's stated that ''he never wants to leave Torino'', so Fiorentina can't count with him. My first option here would of course be Maxi Lopez, who Mihajlovic is familiar with after their time together at Catania. Mihajlovic knows how to get the best out of Maxi, so that'd be a nice option. I'm sure Catania are willing to sell their best player in January, just as long as they get what they want for him. He'd certainly be likely option and a good one, as well. There's also Nene, from Cagliari. He's a player I really like (he was scoring for fun in his last season at Portugal) and I player who I'm sure could accept sitting on the bench and acting as a Vice-Gila. I mean, if he can accept a bench in Sardinia, then I do not see why he wouldn't do it in Firenze... The only problem is his boss - Cellino. The man is crazy and he doesn't care if his players are squad-players or important key-players - he always want a dramastic huge amount of cash for them. If Fiorentina would miss out on Maxi, then I hope they try to snatch Nene, but I reckon Cellino will make it though for Fiorentina to try to snatch him if they would try to.

There are also people who thinks Fiorentina needs a new centre-back, but I don't think they should try to get one. Fiorentina are famous of developing talents of whom Corvino has scouted around the world, but this time, they a defender who is coming from their own academy, Camporese. This guy has showed that he possibly (in my opinion, likely) defender who can form a nice partnership at the back next to Gamberini. Hopefully, Mihajlovic and the rest of the staff at Fiorentina (including Corvino) has noticed that and they don't buy a new defender, as Camporese's potential is huge and he doesn't commit any sort of mistakes that young players tends to do.

Well, Mutu walked out from the training session the other day and Fiorentina has released press-release on their web site saying ''This is just the latest of Mutu's (bad) behaviour and we (Fiorentina) are considering to take on our leagly rights''. So, they might release him from his contract in other words (a la Sampdoria and Cassano). Teams such as Galatasaray, Napoli and Parma are interested in his services. Fiorentina only wants to sell to foreign clubs, but if they release, Mutu might as well return to Parma.

If we assume Mutu goes, then I do not think Fiorentina should be looking for an replecement, despite the fact that Mutu has been the best player for them these recent years. Ljajic, as I've said previously in this thread, has showed that he can handle the central-role in 3-mens attacking midfield, so I wouldn't be to fussed about Mutu leaving. Jovetic will be returning shortly as well, so I do not think an replacement would be appropiate. With the fact that Fiorentina aren't competing out in Europe and with the fact that Jovetic will be out for a little while as well, it would mean that Marchionni and Santana would still be getting loads of minutes on the right-flank, as I'm sure Ljajic will be playing in the middle if Mutu leaves (at least till Jovetic's returns, then he'll go to the right-flank; altinatively, D'Agostino moves up further on the pitch and takes the AM spot, but that's unlikely, as Montolivo is injured and therefore, Bolatti ain't exactly the replacement you'd want for him). Again, I wouldn't be to fussed if Marchionni nor Santana would get more minutes, as they can't be the ones to put the blame on for Fiorentina's poor season, but what I'm trying to say is that they are good enough to play in Serie A, but if Fiorentina would have competed in Europe (CL most significally), I'd try to look on for a talented winger.

Also on my transfer-wishes about Fiorentina above; I think they must try to get an LB. Pasqual hasn't been good since the Toni days and the La Viola fans must be chattered about this, as they've been screaming for an LB for ages now. I wish Berlusconi could see this; Mantovani must go to a bigger club! He is way to good for a small club like Chievo. Very under-rated player, in my opinion, and yet, he is still one of the best defenders in Italy. I wish Milan could try to snatch him, but that's highly unlikely, though. I recall Fiorentina tried to snatch him this past summer, but they were so desperate in landing Insua that they somehow forgot to discuss further with Chievo regarding Mantovani. Now, though, I could see Fiorentina making a push for him. They've already played their one none-EU player card this season by bringing in Ljajic, so if they want to spend on players, they must spend it on a player with a EU passport if they want the player to join the club immidiately. Mantovani is Italian and therefore has the passport, but most importantly, he has showed his true class in a lower-rank team already. Great and under-rated player.

Chievo have good scouts, perhaps the best scouts in Europe, I reckon (just look at the various players they've had in their squad ever since they got promoted to Serie A back in the 01/02 season). However, they must have bad negotiators. I am only basing this on how they've handled the Constant-to-Milan situation. They are only lowering Constant's value to about €4.5 million, which I hope is the case as a Milan supporter. Of course he has only showed his worth for half a season, but that's a bargain. When a big club is desperated in a player from lower team, then the team should ask for as much as possible for the player. Mantovani, who has showed senstional performances after performances these recent seasons, might as well ''only'' be worth that to Chievo, so he might provide to be a bargain.

Guest Daragh

Well' date=' Mutu walked out from the training session the other day and Fiorentina has released press-release on their web site saying ''This is just the latest of Mutu's (bad) behaviour and we (Fiorentina) are considering to take on our leagly rights''. So, they might release him from his contract in other words (a la Sampdoria and Cassano). Teams such as Galatasaray, Napoli and Parma are interested in his services. Fiorentina only wants to sell to foreign clubs, but if they release, Mutu might as well return to Parma.[/quote']

It'll be interesting to see what sort of action Fiorentina take up. Of course, rumours are spreading already of a possibility of his contract being terminated, however, reports also suggest that they'll take legal action and sue Mutu, so it'll be interesting to see what sort of fee they're talking about.

As for possible destinations, he's also been linked with a move to the MLS. However, it all realy depends on whether his contract is terminated or not. If it is, then Cesena is the most likely destination. Minotti himself has admitted that he's had talks with his agent, but will most likely only make a move, if he becomes a free agent. A return to Parma would be awesome! Just can't see it happening though.

Anyway, as for today's early kick-off, it was all about the Atomic Ant. Melo, stupidly kicks Paci in the face :rolleyes: Down to 10-men after 16 minutes. Giovinco scores two, while former Juve man Palladino marks his debut off the bench with a late goal (last kick of the game). Candreva also in the midst of things in midfield. Juve could have done with these three today :P With Galloppa near full fitness, things look positive for Parma.

Riferimento: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

You know the italian league better than me and I live in Italy:D:D

Sinisa said that Mutu had no respect for anyone and a player like Mutu isn't usel for us

Mutu is a world class player but he is an idiot.

Fiorentina refused an offer for him of Cesena

Mancini goes to Atletico Mineiro and Toni to Juve

Anyway' date=' as for today's early kick-off, it was all about the Atomic Ant. Melo, stupidly kicks Paci in the face :rolleyes: Down to 10-men after 16 minutes. Giovinco scores two, while former Juve man Palladino marks his debut off the bench with a late goal (last kick of the game). Candreva also in the midst of things in midfield. Juve could have done with these three today :P With Galloppa near full fitness, things look positive for Parma.[/quote']

Giovinco said pre-match that he'd celebrate incase he would score and he scores but doesn't celebrate it. He should have done it. I mean, he was (and still perhaps is) Italy's best talented offensive player and everyone knew what potential the guy had, but yet, no coach at Juve seemed to trust in his talents. He should have celebrated - Juve may have been his past, but it wasn't like he was a hero there.

Melo completly lost it and I've been waiting for him to do so throught the whole season. The guy is crazy! I feel like he has mental problems that he can't control when he gets to emotionally (kind of like a person going on steroids). Hopefully, Juve will fine him and show that it ain't appropiate to do so, as it could lead to serious injury to the opposite player and most importantly, he only lets down his team. I mean, if Melo is out, who could replace him? Sissoko is good, but ever since his injury he hasn't been getting regulary displays and it could therefore takes some games before he can come up to Melo's standard. Pepe is a hard-working winger, who perhaps may control the DM/CM position, but once again; it'd take sometime for him to adjust himself there. Claudio Marchisio may be the best replacement for Melo at the moment, but he doesn't have the strong physic that is required to back-up Aquilani when Aquilani goes on his offensive tours. Not to mention that Del Neri would have to begin once again at square one, as Marchisio moves into the middle, which means that Pepe would have to take on the left, which perhaps was the main reason to why Juve started this season a bit shaky. However, Pepe has been doing better now and De Ceglie, who is a very offensive defender and who doesn't cover up for Pepe, is out injured as well. So, perhaps Del Neri wouldn't have to work at square one (once again).

Mancini goes to Atletico Mineiro

Finally... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also' date=' I watched Inter vs. Napoli yesterday. Of course it was an interesting game from a neutral point of view, but I was more interested to see the differences between Leonardo's Inter and Rafa's Inter. So here are some notes;

[list']The high-lying backbone wasn't there yet, which I completly agree with. A player such as Chivu is never the ideal option for such a defence, in my opinion. However, to Rafa's defence, he did actually want to buy new players, so maybe he was looking for a more speedy left-back. If Rafa would have still been in charge, Napoli would have taken this home in my opinion. They had a very high-pressure with Lavezzi, Cavani and Hamsik all pressuring the defence directly after losing the ball. However, as Inter had a low-sitting defence and therefore could easier attract help from the defensive midfield (Motta, Zanetti and Cambiasso) without the positioning of the Inter players getting to close and clumsy making it 7 against 3 at Inter's own half, the high-pressure (for most cases) didn't pay off.

• Yesterday, Inter played a more direct game. Away with the flashes, away with short-passes and instead, we saw a more direct and different types of passing-styles. This tricked the opposite team, as they didn't know wether to take on the Inter player directly or to man-mark out the rest of the Inter players. With this confusion from Napoli's side, the players of Inter could sort of do whatever they wanted to do. We saw sometimes Milito recieving a 40 metre cross from Maicon inside the penalty area, we saw Motta linking his way with a nice combination of double-passes into the penalty area and we saw Lucio stepping up further onto the pitch and try to put in a nice through-ball. With Rafa, Inter's game was very readable so-to-say, but as we've seen under Leonardo's first game of charge, the players variated in their displays.

• Inter practically have the same squad as they had under Mourinho - that's a fact. Rafa was dumb enough to try to change the tactics into his own tactics (one again: in his defence, he wanted new players), which these players, who were suitable for Mourinho's tactics, found it hard to adapt to. Instead of the 4-3-3 with a high-sitting backbone and with way to sloppy players (referring to Biabiany) Rafa failed to succed with Inter, Leonardo had a more Mourinho-esque tactic yesterday. We saw a three-men midfield with Motta having free-rights to try to sneak into the penalty area, which is his strength in an attack and which he was given free-right as well under Mourinho's era. We saw Zanetti purely stricting to the defensive buissness, which is his main strength, and Leonardo didn't let him join the attack, which Rafa did and is in my opinion the main reason Zanetti overrall this season has been quite of a disappointment. We saw Milito actually doing good for once this season, which I can only say was pure mastermind thinking by Leonardo. Instead of Rafa's ''we only need one or two players in the penalty area with the other players feeding them with through-balls or crosses'', we saw Leonardo giving support to Milito (and thus making it easier to re-capture his form and eventually start scoring again) by giving free-rights to Motta to sneak into the penalty, by fielding Pandev closer to the goal and not 50 yards away from it and by giving Cambiasso free-rights at occasions to join the attack. Napoli plays a 3-mens defence and thus this made it 4 Inter players vs. 3 Napoli players in Napoli's own penalty-area! This of course perhaps made Milito shine more than usual this season, but it was mastermind thinking by Leonardo in my opinion to field up 4 Inter players in Napoli's 3-mens defence.