Guest Daragh

Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Don't think it's going to look pretty today for Italians. Yes the San Paolo is easily one of the best but hardest stadiums to come too with the intense atmosphere but Bayern are used to it and I can't see us taking points against them. Though we are always a huge threat on the counter. Can see confidence is shockingly low at the club in a season where Napoli really could have taken the league.

Inter going to Lille? I definitely can't see a result coming their way. They've looked mediocre' date=' they can score but they look like they'll easily concede 2-3 every game.[/quote']

Yeah really looking fwd to this game. Bayern have been amazing in the BL this season, can't see them not winning the domestic title tbh. Will be interesting to see how they go in europe, today should be a good indicator. :)

Herby

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Yeah really looking fwd to this game. Bayern have been amazing in the BL this season' date=' can't see them not winning the domestic title tbh. Will be interesting to see how they go in europe, today should be a good indicator. :)

Herby[/quote']

its me or in your sig there are 12 players?

De Sanctis

Aronica - Cannavaro - Campagnaro

Maggio - Gargano - Inler - Zuniga

Hamsik - Lavezzi

Cavani

Nothing really new there.

If it aint broke, dont fix it :D

Napoli are in the luxury position of being able to field pretty much the same team week in week out and still get consistent results.

If it aint broke' date=' dont fix it :D

Napoli are in the luxury position of being able to field pretty much the same team week in week out and still get consistent results.[/quote']

You mean being 1-0 down after two minutes? :o

Guess you can say it makes me a little happy Villarreal took an early lead too.

You mean being 1-0 down after two minutes? :o

Guess you can say it makes me a little happy Villarreal took an early lead too.

Not watching the game as Im stuck doing coursework so I can fill in at work tomorrow.

Im rooting for Napoli and Bayern to progress so as long as City lose I'm happy.

Only a few changes from the typical Milan squad. Boateng's back from injury. Bonera's in for the injured Silva. Taiwo's starting over Antonini. Robinho makes the bench after coming back from injury.

Good win for Milan last night and also good to see Boateng back and scoring.

On to the Europa League. Udinese have a difficult group and welcome Atletico. I do think Udinese can get some kind of result at home. Udinese get a great late 2-0 win. Benatia and Floro Flores with the goals.

Lazio travel to Zurich to face their last place counterparts. Hopefully Lazio finally wake up in Europe and get a win. Be sad to see if they can't make it out of the group they were put in.

Oh my. After 18 years (going on 19), Del Piero will not be renewing his contract once it's up at Juventus at the end of the season. Seems that according to his comment

Let’s say the President reminded me in advance when my contract expires
that he's no longer wanted. Milan seem to be interested after Galliani said that he still regrets not being able to sign him in 1993 and would be open to signing him if he decides not to retire. I would love to see him back at Padova, though I just can't see that happening.

Inter joins a number of teams wanting Hazard, with Zanetti commenting that he would be an absolutely amazing addition. Inter legend's backing could be a big one for Hazard.

Juan Jesus is being followed by Inter, after Napoli had a 5m bid rejected in the summer for the 20 year old CB. Guess we'll be seeing another young Brazilian in Italy in January/next summer.

Amauri linked with a move to France in January, though could be a free in the summer, which is probably when he'll be signed as I can't see anyone paying a fee + 3.5m a season contract.

Roma again linked to Chamakh. Though the idiot papers rate him at an amazing 14m... Which he's hardly worth a quarter of that.

Another legend could be leaving Italy. Crespo has sadly claimed that he can't keep up with the training and would like to move on to a new challenge. He mentioned Asia or America would be two places he would go to finish his footballing career.

09' Juventus (1)-(0) Genoa.

Alessandro Matri 07'.

Estigarribia debut as starter' date=' looks very promising talent.[/quote']

HT: Juve (1)-(1) Genoa

Matri 7'- M.Rossi 30'

Very entertaining match showing by both clubs. Brilliant Header from Marco Rossi equalize the scoreboard.

Hey guys, i guess you are experts on Italian footballers so what do you think about Osvaldo? Is he that good? (even better than Perisic?)

Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys' date=' i guess you are experts on Italian footballers so what do you think about Osvaldo? Is he that good? (even better than Perisic?)

Thanks in advance :)[/quote']

Yeah he is very good striker, and in my opinion he is better than Ivan Perisic (He is good too). Osvaldo doing very well with AS Roma so far, and he called to Italy NT.

We must remain patient though - beacuse it's only a matter of time before they understand Enrique's thinking fluently and when that time comes' date=' they're going to be practically unstoppable, I reckon. They have the player material ([b']Osvaldo![/b] Kjaer! :D) for it

- Date, 23rd September 2011

Exactly a month ago in other words. Ever since that post, Osvaldo's become; a Italian international, scored a goal in every game since that date, is the in-form player of Roma and has scored ~57% of the goals Roma's managed to do so far. I love to be proven right. :D

- Date' date=' 23rd September 2011[/i']

Exactly a month ago in other words. Ever since that post, Osvaldo's become; a Italian international, scored a goal in every game since that date, is the in-form player of Roma and has scored ~57% of the goals Roma's managed to do so far. I love to be proven right. :D

Yeah, i starting to like him. Cesare Prandelli now should be confused. :o

BTW : Lazio 2-1 Roma :D

Yeah he is very good striker' date=' and in my opinion he is better than Ivan Perisic (He is good too). Osvaldo doing very well with AS Roma so far, and he called to Italy NT.[/quote']
- Date' date=' 23rd September 2011[/i']

thanks guys, i really appreciate your help :)

Firstly... on Milan-Lecce... wow, just wow. First the Juve-Genoa match, which was brilliant in my opinion, now this.

I've always felt KPB is the one that got away, due to our own negligence. What an outing. Loved the fighting spirit from Cassano and Nocerino too. I'm sure one thing that Allegri won't shy from looking at is how the Rossoneri managed to go down 3-0 in the first place, whilst Di Francesco will be kicking himself that they let this getaway. One could say though Lecce could count themselves lucky, the amount of chances rued by Robinho, Cassano, and Ibra, could have led the score count for Milan to be around 7.

For any Lecce supporters, try not to take it too hard, as a Yiddo I still remember being up 3-0 to ManUtd at the Lane. Alas, twas too go to be true, Utd stumped us with 5 goals in the second, and the rest they say is history.

Lastly.... LAMELA IS STARTING FOR ROMA!

Is Atalanta starting this season with -6 points? why?

Yeah they did. They were hit due to alleged match-fixing' date=' along with quite a few other Serie B and lower league clubs. Their captain was also hit with a 3 1/2 year ban for it which pretty much ends his career. Multiple players and clubs were hit.

And Napoli continue to be unable to beat teams they should. Cagliari's having a good season but the team should be winning these games. No problem getting results against the top teams though. Which could mean a decent result against Udinese hopefully.

And on more very unfortunate news, Astori has a fractured leg.

The former Milan man has refused to blame Lavezzi for the injury, absolving him of any blame.

"I'm pretty quiet and take it with the right philosophy. This type of problem is part of the career of a footballer."

Lets go with some Weekend rumours:

Inter are now linked with Andre Ayew. They're "fighting" Arsenal for him who Ayew is an admire of but is linked with a 12m move to Inter.

Napoli and Roma are looking at Koln forward Podolski. With 6 goals in 8 games so far and our strikers looking pretty mediocre in front of goal, if he can keep form I'd be all for it.

Inter seem to have won the race for 20 year old Internacional defender Juan over Milan according to reports.

Milan have shown interest in Porto midfielder Fernando. With Van Bommel leaving in the summer, a move for Fernando wouldn't be surprising, though with a 30m release clause Roma wouldn't meet, don't know if Milan would be either.

Galliani would love to sign in-form City forward Balotelli, and Milan might be the one club Balotelli would leave City for.

Fulham are the next club to be linked to soon to be out of contract Del Piero.

Sneijder again linked with Manchester United.

Bartosz Salamon is linked with a move from Brescia to Tottenham.

Inter have reportedly made a bid of 16m for Argentine wonderkid Lucas Ocampos who is also linked to Chelsea who could start a bidding war.

Fellaini of Everton is linked with a move to Fiorentina to replace the most likely leaving Montolivo.

Fiorentina are linked with Ilicic who could replace the departing Vargas and Palombo who is also another replacement option for Montolivo.

English clubs are linked with Krasic once again, especially United and Chelsea.

Yeah they did. They were hit due to alleged match-fixing' date=' along with quite a few other Serie B and lower league clubs. [b']Their captain was also hit with a 3 1/2 year ban for it which pretty much ends his career.[/b] Multiple players and clubs were hit.

And Napoli continue to be unable to beat teams they should. Cagliari's having a good season but the team should be winning these games. No problem getting results against the top teams though. Which could mean a decent result against Udinese hopefully.

And on more very unfortunate news, Astori has a fractured leg.

Oh no, is that Christian Doni? what a shame I've always enjoyed watching him.