Guest Daragh

Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Almost as good as Germany...

:rolleyes: <- missing from your post, not close but yeah Perin is class but haven't seen Scuffet yet meant to watch the game last night but glad i missed it finished goaless. That said it might have been a great opportunity to see what he was made of should Inter have dominated but i do not know if they did or not.

Yeah he signed a contract until 2016. Anyway retiring a number would be unfair! IMO just keep it unavailable for 2-3 seasons but not more.

Why would that be unfair?Because Juventus been a bunch of idiots and couldn't do the same for their legend,Del Piero?

I think its the right decision.Totti's a legend and one of the best players ever.Definetly the best player ever in Roma's history and I doubt that somebody will ever match him,at least for me.

Why would that be unfair?Because Juventus been a bunch of idiots and couldn't do the same for their legend' date='Del Piero?

I think its the right decision.Totti's a legend and one of the best players ever.Definetly the best player ever in Roma's history and I doubt that somebody will ever match him,at least for me.[/quote']

Nah but if juventus were to retire a number for every legend they had players nowdays would use 100-199 numbers on their shirts.

Nah but if juventus were to retire a number for every legend they had players nowdays would use 100-199 numbers on their shirts.

Nobody's like Del Piero and will never be somebody like him,especially for Juve.

Nobody's like Del Piero and will never be somebody like him' date='especially for Juve.[/quote']

Actually before Del Piero was Platini and nobody thought there would come somebody better, well they were all wrong.

Perin > Leali simply put. Juve would simply do great business if they got Perin. Why not just give Genoa Leali money and other stuff.

As for Roma, I agree. Retire it for Totti. He is Roma. Simply put.

I want Zanetti's 4 to be retired as well.

Dries Mertens.. good control , strength, and a nice finish! and only his first touch :eek:

Mertens get wacked in the face with a boot by Chiellini. I don't think Chiellini meant it.. at least I dont hope he does. But , one can argue Chiellini could have done it because He is an aggressive bruiser of a defender.

I'm really happy to see a team finally beat Juve. It's been 5 months since Juve has scored 0 goals in a match.

First of all... I can't believe Parma lost, they had the perfect chance to jump Inter and be on the same amount of games (be it their game in hand is against Roma), and they failed. :(

Second of all... Callejon's goal was probably offside, but well happy with the win and a great tempo with multiple chances. To keep a clean sheet is amazing as well as actually beating Juventus as I really didn't give us much of a chance in all fairness.

Bianconeri's advantage now stands at 11 points and we have a game in hand.

Thank you Napoli. With seven games left to play there is still chance we could win something.

3rd... I take it you're a Roma fan? If so, no, no Roma don't. Juventus are probably not gonna lose another game. They demolished almost everyone in sight after losing to Fiorentina, so losing to Napoli's probably just gonna make them even angrier. :P

Conte's trying to play the money card. He's right, Napoli did spend a lot. But then again to catch up to Juventus who were spending a lot of money 2 years ago, Napoli had to spend, especially to replace the likes of Lavezzi and Cavani. I guess the near 250m+ since 2010 doesn't count, despite having a fair few of those players still. (Soccerway figures anyways).

And a few rumours for the night:

Liverpool are reportedly interested in 20m duo Behrami and Inler. I'd hate to see Behrami go but a change might just be needed in midfield.

Kaka's ready to leave Milan to finish his career in the U.S and has a reported verbal agreement to join Orlando City.

Uvini has joined Santos on loan.

I don't know in what bloody world Tuttosport got the rumour, but we're supposedly scouting David Silva, who's happy at City despite Barca rumours, so we have absolutely no chance, but a fascinating new name at that.

Inter are favorites to sign Song as he reportedly wants a move to Italy in the summer.

Inter are also eying up Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka and a loan move for Madrid's Casemiro.

Agazzi is reportedly set to sign for Milan this coming summer.

Napoli want 7m for Vargas, which seems a bit high according to Valencia. Why not just bring him back and give him a bloody chance one more time? Sheesh...

Milan are looking at Savic as one of their many defensive options they hope to sign.