Guest Daragh

Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

I got to say that from what i've seen so far, next season will be another absolutely one sided race.

Roma has done a great season, but even with our record points, we still managed to fall 17 points behind juventus.

And now juventus is close to signing iturbe, and they are following other various really good players.

On the other hand, Roma might lose their best player last season, Benatia, they have signed Keita, who isnt exactly a game changer, and we are also close to signing Emanuelson, who imo, would be a massive step back for us, he clearly cant play football, at least not in italy.

We are also linked with other quite average players (and some good ones aswell though).

Napoli is getting rejected by basically everyone.

This to say, that so far, the Juve market has again been on a whole other level than Napoli and Roma.

Juve has more money, they can afford higher wages and clearly have build a name and a reputation over the last few years.

Napoli and Roma do not have all the money juve does, they have a wage limit, and their reputation isnt exactly like a big top club. As of right now, we could compare Napoli and Roma to the likes of Tottenham, Schalke etc.

Great teams, but not top clubs. Both teams are working on improving that, but right now they arent big elite clubs, neither economically nor player wise.

At least for Roma, we have a project that planted its seeds last season, and this year shouldnt be about winning, but about further growing, and i hope the club, aswell as the fans, will understand this.

Right now juve is untouchable, they have more money and more appeal, and that makes them one step ahead than the other contenders.

Anyone care to share there opinions on a few Italian based players heading Leeds way in the next few days potentially, since Cellino has sold Cagliari and purchased us we've been linked with about every fringe players from Serie A but the three.what have come up the most are Guiseppe Bessusci of Catania, Marco Silvestri of Verona, Tomosso Bianchi of Sassoulo think they'd improve a mid table championship side?

I got to say that from what i've seen so far' date=' next season will be another absolutely one sided race.

Roma has done a great season, but even with our record points, we still managed to fall 17 points behind juventus.

And now juventus is close to signing iturbe, and they are following other various really good players.

On the other hand, Roma might lose their best player last season, Benatia, they have signed Keita, who isnt exactly a game changer, and we are also close to signing Emanuelson, who imo, would be a massive step back for us, he clearly cant play football, at least not in italy.

We are also linked with other quite average players (and some good ones aswell though).

This to say, that so far, the Juve market has again been on a whole other level than Napoli and Roma.

Juve has more money, they can afford higher wages and clearly have build a name and a reputation over the last few years.

Napoli and Roma do not have all the money juve does, they have a wage limit, and their reputation isnt exactly like a big top club. As of right now, we could compare Napoli and Roma to the likes of Tottenham, Schalke etc.

Great teams, but not top clubs. Both teams are working on improving that, but right now they arent big elite clubs, neither economically nor player wise.

At least for Roma, we have a project that planted its seeds last season, and this year shouldnt be about winning, but about further growing, and i hope the club, aswell as the fans, will understand this.

Right now juve is untouchable, they have more money and more appeal, and that makes them one step ahead than the other contenders.[/quote']

i thought emanuelsen was pretty decent a lwb :rolleyes:

I got to say that from what i've seen so far' date=' next season will be another absolutely one sided race.

Napoli and Roma do not have all the money juve does, they have a wage limit, and their reputation isnt exactly like a big top club. As of right now, we could compare Napoli and Roma to the likes of [b']Tottenham, Schalke[/b] etc.

Right now juve is untouchable, they have more money and more appeal, and that makes them one step ahead than the other contenders.

sorry but your discrediting napoli they are a much bigger club than spurs maybe schalke too.

sorry but your discrediting napoli they are a much bigger club than spurs maybe schalke too.

Are they?

In terms of silverware they've won two Serie A's, five Copa Italia's, an Italian Supercup and a UEFA Cup.

Tottenham have won two first divisions, eight FA Cups, four League Cups, seven Charity Shields, two UEFA Cups and a Cup Winners Cup.

Napoli had an average attendance of 42,767 compared to Tottenham's which is limited to 35,808 by the size of there ground.

I'd say they're similarly sized clubs.

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Hello' date='

Next rating change of Matteo Darmian and his future potential?[/quote']

He played a terrific World Cup, he's been one of the best players in the italian wreck. He'll play EL with Torino, but I think he'll be sold to a bigger club next year maybe (Juventus is interested, for example). I say that potential is 90 ...

BrtEJ2NIMAALSE4.jpg

#WelcomeNemanja

If we get both Jojo and Mvila, I'll be a very happy person :)!

Maybe a CB and another RB but hey, I'm not in a rush.

I just feel bad for Taider. He's a good player and He has so much more to show us. :(

Rumours:

Napoli are struggling to sign... Anybody. First it was Gonalons, now it seems Sandro and Lucas are being priced out of moves as their wages would prove a problem. It's also claimed Liverpool want 15m for Lucas... No. Also seems we're only ready to pay 15m for Schneiderlin, while Arsenal would be willing to pay a fair bit more. So now it seems we're going even lower in the talent pool, although pricey still in Javi Garcia, and Napoli could be set to offer 14m for the City midfielder. Rather just see the 3 Swiss and Jorginho in midfield than overpaying for someone no better than we have.

Napoli have enquired for Medel, who has a reported low release clause due to their relegation, but no official discussions taken place and have about 10 other clubs interested.

It's reported by Marca that Napoli could beat Inter to Casemiro. Madrid are set to allow the Brazilian to leave for around 10m and Inter are struggling to seal the deal for that price, and want him on loan, while Napoli could be set to offer up the 10m.

Liverpool have lowered their price tag on Reina to under 4m, despite his agent claiming he won't leave Liverpool, however Napoli have refused to bid and have moved on. According to Il Martino, Napoli are focused on Lopez, as Madrid are looking at Kiko Casillas and Navas and Lopez could be sold. Would be a straight up negotiation for the player as he has the same agent as Benitez and I believe 1 player we currently have.

According to Il Mattino, Napoli are also targeting Atletico defender, Alderweireld. Seems more like an Enrique, can play a couple different positions but isn't quite good enough to hold them down. We need an upgrade to Fernandez or Albiol at CB.

We do have a new name going around however. According to reports, Napoli are interested in Porto's, Hector Herrera. Napoli are also said to be interested in Kramer. We'll be moving onto other continents soon for CM's.

Lazio have made a 5.5m offer for Astori, and are also interested in Britos, Paletta and Manolas.

Minala to leave Lazio already? Reports claim Minala has had a fall out with Lazio's sporting director and has been left out of pre-season and could be sold due to his disciplinary problems.

According to Vargas's agent, he's set to stay at Napoli after talking to Benitez on a few occasions, and they're happy with his World Cup performances. There were rumours he could be offered for Perisic, but I'd rather we see him given a chance. His agent claims Benitez actually likes him, unlike Mazzarri.

Napoli are now linked with Chadli. I hope not.

Porto's President claims Inter haven't contacted him over Rolando and it seems that the defender will be staying at Porto.

Cagliari and Inter have reportedly met and one of the players talked about is Longo, who has given the go ahead to make the move to Cagliari and could be 1 of the players offered for Ibarbo.

La Repubblica claim Roma are leading the hunt for Balanta.

Atalanta have signed D'Alessandro from Roma for around 2m. Saudi side Al Ittihad have signed Romulo on loan till next summer and have no option to buy. Roma will receive 1m for the loan fee.

La Provence claim Lazio are set to make a 5m bid for Marseille's Lucas Mendes.

Gazzetta.it claims Cagliari are hoping to sign Lorenzo Crisetig and Simone Benedetti on loan from Inter.

According to Sky, Lazio are reportedly interested in Shakhtar's Eduardo.

Schelotto looks likely to go back on loan to Parma, and will be part of a deal for Biabiany.

Juve have permanently signed Marrone from Sassuolo.

Milan and Valencia are reportedly 1.5m apart on their price for Rami.

Morata has given the go ahead to move to Juventus and Juventus and Madrid just need to come to terms now.

Udinese have signed highly rated 19 year old Colombian attacking midfielder, Alexis Zapata from Deportiva Envigado.

Roma have set up a new meeting with Cuadrado's agent as Sky Sports Italia have them as favorites to sign the 40m+ rated winger.

Goal.com (take it with a grain of salt of course) claim United have offered Chicharito to Napoli. It's claimed a 1.5m loan fee and then a 12m fee next summer, or Napoli could buy him outright for 10m this summer.

Hellas Verona have continued to reject offers for Iturbe, as they want 30m cash, not a player offer.

BrtEJ2NIMAALSE4.jpg

#WelcomeNemanja

If we get both Jojo and Mvila' date=' I'll be a very happy person :)!

Maybe a CB and another RB but hey, I'm not in a rush.

I just feel bad for Taider. He's a good player and He has so much more to show us. :([/quote']

I don't want Taider to leave. He's a good lad & has never had a bad game or lacked in contributing in any sort. I put M'Vila on the same place as Balotelli & don't want him at Inter. Taider to stay will be good for Inter.

Jovetic will be the perfect signing if it ever happens. Though Inter is not a small club who can't afford him but looking at Italy's condition at world level, its hard.

I meant that pricinpally from a financial point of view. Napoli and Roma are around the level of the teams i mentioned in terms of wages' date=' wage cap, type of players attracted to the club, transfers etc.

Cant really compare Napoli and Roma to the likes of Arsenal, Atletico, PSG or other even bigger clubs. These teams financially can afford alot more (or at least are willing to spend alot more on wages and transfers) so they attract a wider range of players.

Are they?

In terms of silverware they've won two Serie A's, five Copa Italia's, an Italian Supercup and a UEFA Cup.

Tottenham have won two first divisions, eight FA Cups, four League Cups, seven Charity Shields, two UEFA Cups and a Cup Winners Cup.

Napoli had an average attendance of 42,767 compared to Tottenham's which is limited to 35,808 by the size of there ground.

I'd say they're similarly sized clubs.

And this aswell :rolleyes:

Roma have set up a new meeting with Cuadrado's agent as Sky Sports Italia have them as favorites to sign the 40m+ rated winger.

so_happy.png

I meant that pricinpally from a financial point of view. Napoli and Roma are around the level of the teams i mentioned in terms of wages' date=' wage cap, type of players attracted to the club, transfers etc.

Cant really compare Napoli and Roma to the likes of Arsenal, Atletico, PSG or other even bigger clubs. These teams financially can afford alot more (or at least are willing to spend alot more on wages and transfers) so they attract a wider range of players.

And this aswell :rolleyes:[/quote']

I think Atletico doesn't belong to that group. They are a builded team not a made one like PSG. And they've only had past 2 season as great, before that they were relegation battlers. You can say that there is no one in Italy like Simeone who can attract players to play under his influence.

I think Atletico doesn't belong to that group. They are a builded team not a made one like PSG. And they've only had past 2 season as great' date=' before that they were relegation battlers. You can say that there is no one in Italy like Simeone who can attract players to play under his influence.[/quote']

well, atletico has stepped up their game, also they will now attract a much wider range of players, but thats just to add to an already great team that has grown over the years, and the players they have now are worth alot.

Plus Atletico has had a top player for various seasons now, first Forlan back in his prime, the Aguero, then Falcao, then Diego Costa (who still has to prove quite abit though).

Cant really say the same about Napoli, who has been seriously competitive only over the last couple years, and the only top player they currently have in their team is Higuain (and Cavani before that). You could argue Hamsik, but hes been really poor last season, and its already a couple of season that he hasnt been at his top form.

Reina was just on loan.

The very fact that atletico has had such a successfull Cantera run lately, makes it possible for them to be able to spend more for other players aswell.

I do get where your coming from though, and if atletio didnt have such a fantastic season last year, they would be on par with napoli and Roma, but i think that this season has made them step above the italian Duo.

Next season this might change again, as Atletico has shown quality but not quantity (as in the ability to keep their performances as high as they were last season)

well' date=' atletico has stepped up their game, also they will now attract a much wider range of players, but thats just to add to an already great team that has grown over the years, and the players they have now are worth alot.

Plus Atletico has had a top player for various seasons now, first Forlan back in his prime, the Aguero, then Falcao, then Diego Costa (who still has to prove quite abit though).

Cant really say the same about Napoli, who has been seriously competitive only over the last couple years, and the only top player they currently have in their team is Higuain (and Cavani before that). You could argue Hamsik, but hes been really poor last season, and its already a couple of season that he hasnt been at his top form.

Reina was just on loan.

The very fact that atletico has had such a successfull Cantera run lately, makes it possible for them to be able to spend more for other players aswell.

I do get where your coming from though, and if atletio didnt have such a fantastic season last year, they would be on par with napoli and Roma, but i think that this season has made them step above the italian Duo.

Next season this might change again, as Atletico has shown quality but not quantity (as in the ability to keep their performances as high as they were last season)[/quote']

have you forgotten that Lavezzi used to play for Napoli? And before him Quaglirrella in his peak with Hamsik in his peak were a great team already back in 2012.

Moreover a decade ago Napoli were bankrupt & see what a presence they've made since arriving. Their quality is already greater than that of the european powerhouses like Inter & Milan. But that is not the case with Atletico. They've always been the 3rd, 4th or least the 5th best team in Spain and haven't seen such era of decline as Napoli has seen so clearly Atletico have got more money but the progress of Napoli is applaudable even by an Inter fan like me.

have you forgotten that Lavezzi used to play for Napoli? And before him Quaglirrella in his peak with Hamsik in his peak were a great team already back in 2012.

Moreover a decade ago Napoli were bankrupt & see what a presence they've made since arriving. Their quality is already greater than that of the european powerhouses like Inter & Milan. But that is not the case with Atletico. They've always been the 3rd' date=' 4th or least the 5th best team in Spain and haven't seen such era of decline as Napoli has seen so clearly Atletico have got more money but the progress of Napoli is applaudable even by an Inter fan like me.[/quote']

if only we could , if only :P

I read somewhere that Osvaldo has agreed terms with Inter Milan. True?

Urgh, I don't really want him to be honest. LOL , I've heard it too.

Seems like Roma are looking at Cuadrado however Fiorentina want Florenzi added in a deal.

Also, Milan are interested in Griezmann.

Urgh' date=' I don't really want him to be honest. LOL , I've heard it too.

Seems like Roma are looking at Cuadrado however Fiorentina want Florenzi added in a deal.

Also, Milan are interested in Griezmann.[/quote']

Me too. He's another Balotelli & I hate him.

Me too. He's another Balotelli & I hate him.

I was on the Inter forum and I agree with a good post someone out.

"Osvaldo is like Balotelli in terms of attitude but only has 1/2 of his ability" :P

Osvaldo is great striker on his day but I'd rather let Icardi get all the focus up front next season.

Also Justin, I can't hate Balotelli :P. I love him :D haha. I'm very biased towards him.

I was on the Inter forum and I agree with a good post someone out.

"Osvaldo is like Balotelli in terms of attitude but only has 1/2 of his ability" :P

Osvaldo is great striker on his day but I'd rather let Icardi get all the focus up front next season.

Also Justin' date=' I can't hate Balotelli :P. I love him :D haha. I'm very biased towards him.[/quote']

Why are you obsessed with his looks?:P

Btw why is Giampaolo Pazzini so overrated? He was fantastic at Sampadoria but ever since playing for Milan sides he's been a waste. Both the clubs have paid 33M for his signing.:eek:

And the striker has scored only around 35 goals in his 100 appearances for the Milanis.

Ashley Cole to Roma it seems.

I hope this doesnt happen, I watch Roma a few times last season and the youngster Dodo looked really good, would suck if he was to become a bench player and stop his developement.

I would have thought Cole would go to Monaco since they sold Abidal and get a bigger pay day. Good signing for Roma if it goes through though

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

I hope this doesnt happen' date=' I watch Roma a few times last season and the youngster Dodo looked really good, would suck if he was to become a bench player and stop his developement.

I would have thought Cole would go to Monaco since they sold Abidal and get a bigger pay day. Good signing for Roma if it goes through though[/quote']

Dodo will go to Inter on loan probably..